PDA

View Full Version : Mock #3 ... TGIF ... Top 10 in Round 2!

SRogers92
02-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Round 1

1) St. Louis Rams: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska ... May end up with QB but, skipping on the combine will drop both QBs...

2) Detroit Lions: Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma ... Best pass rushing DT in a while ... reminds me a lot of another Sooner, Tommie Harris ...

3) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Eric Berry, CB/S, Tennessee ... Could play CB in the Cover 2, but -- is a playmaker in every sense of the word regardless of position.

4) Washington Redskins: Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame ... I think they should stick with Campbell but - Shanahan will want a franchise QB ASAP.

5) Kansas City Chiefs: Joe Haden, CB, Florida ... "WHAT?!" Surprise pick ... McClain is a great prospect, but i can't see a 34 MLB going #5 ... KC's pass D ranked #22 in the league despite having an atrocious run D, so they need D no matter what.

6) Seattle Seahawks: Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma ... Could go with Okung, but - this is a franchise QB, it's a no-brainer.

7) Cleveland Browns: Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama ... Browns would like to go elsewhere with this pick, but - with the top DBs off the board, they take the BPA.

8) Oakland Raiders: Jason Pierre-Paul, DE/OLB, South Fla ... Athletic Freak - check ... Underachieved - check ... Potential-ridden player - check ... has all the ingredients to be a Raiders' pick.

9) Buffalo Bills: Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State ... Bills' fans are cheering around the world ...

10) Denver Broncos (from Chi): Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State ... A lot will depend on Marshall, but IMO - he's gone ... McDaniels like a pass-first, spread it around attack ... that needs elite WRs ...

11) Jacksonville Jaguars: Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech ... all-around 43 DE that is very talented ... makes too much sense.

12) Miami Dolphins: Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas ... Dolphins will need an edge rush BAD next season...

13) San Francisco 49ers: Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers ... Character issues wont scare the 49ers away ... could play RT or LT ... very versatile.

14) Seattle Seahawks (from Den): Taylor Mays, S, USC ... Another one of those picks that just makes too much sense ... Former Trojan plays with his old coach.

15) New York Giants: Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missouri ... Need a LB upgrade ASAP ... can play OLB or ILB ...

16) San Francisco 49ers(from Car): Brandon Graham, DE/OLB, Michigan ... I think Graham is a hands down, 43 End ... but it only takes on team to think he can be another Woodley to take a shot.

17) Tennessee Titans: Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida ... Need a pass rush and KVB is probably gone ... makes a lot of sense. Some character issues, but athletic freak.

18) Pittsburgh Steelers: Mike Iupati, OG/C, Idaho ... can play almost any position along the OL ... Steelers need upgrade there.

19) Atlanta Falcons: Earl Thomas, S, Texas ... Athletic ballhawk that will immediately upgrade this secondary ...

20) Houston Texans: Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma ... Can play RT or LT and has a huge upside ... could use defensive help, but go with the BPA ...

21) Cincinnati Bengals: Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee ... Space eater that will help an already good run D continue to improve ... defense probably overachieved last season.

22) New England Patriots: Everson Griffen, DE/OLB , USC ... Has the athleticism to play in space in the 34 and is a terrific edge rusher ...

23) Green Bay Packers: Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa ... Can play RT or potentially LT ... Packers' OL was inconsistent last season and they are aging at the OT spot ...

24) Philadelphia Eagles: Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State ... Reid loves to draft CBs and Sheldon Brown is having a contract dispute right now.

25) Baltimore Ravens: Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma State ... These are no longer the Ravens that had a shut down CB like McAlister ... they want that back and Cox has potential.

26) Arizona Cardinals: Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland ... Has some issues, but has out of this world athleticism and potential ... Star WRs and RBs need blocking ...

27) Dallas Cowboys: Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame ... Tate would be a perfect slot WR and with Roy Williams' career in Dallas on the line this season, they need an insurance policy for Romo.

28) San Diego Chargers: Ryan Matthews, RB, Fresno State ... maybe the most complete back in the draft. Need someone to take when LDT is gone.

29) New York Jets: Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois ... Braylon-project has went so-so and they still need a deep threat to help take pressure off their running game ... Benn is a big-play type of WR ...

30) Minnesota Vikings: Chad Jones, S, LSU ... the main chink in their armor has been their secondary ... Luckily - with a great pass rush that has been minimalized, but - Jones will help upgrade the talent level.

31) Indianapolis Colts: Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State ... perfect one gap, penetrating DT for this scheme ... Polian also loves his Big 10 guys.

32) New Orleans Saints: Brian Price, DT, UCLA ... Price can help their pass rush and give Ellis some support next to him ...

Round 2:

33) St. Louis Rams: Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma ... Rams need some more receiving threats and while Greshman isn't a WR, he plays like one ...

34) Detroit Lions: Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State ... Need I say more?

35) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Brandon Lafell, WR, LSU ... Need some big playmakers at WR and their best one is their TE ...

36) Kansas City Chiefs: Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama ... Work ethic stinks, but - he's a big body that fits the 34 perfectly.

37) Washington Redskins: C.J. Spiller, HB, Clemson ... Big play RB that can put points on the board ... the Skins need help all-around on offense.

38) Cleveland Browns: Damian Williams, WR, USC ... Browns' WRs are pretty bad ... actually - amongst the worst in the NFL ... Williams played in a pro-system and could be better then people give him credit for.

39) Oakland Raiders: Colt McCoy, QB, Texas ... maybe Al Davis finally realizes his QB situation is what kills this team?

40) Seattle Seahawks: Charles Johnson, OT, USC ... Pete Carroll gets a potential franchise LT and a USC player in one swoop ...

41) Buffalo Bills: Demaryius Thomas, WR, Ga. Tech ... Played for Chan Gailey and with TO done in Buffalo, they will need another WR ...

42) New England Patriots: Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida ... Patriots like their FLA players and Spikes is perfect for the 34 and for what the Pats need ... a big run stuffing ILB ...

zachsaints52
02-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Price is a nice pick.

Nalej
02-19-2010, 12:05 PM
The 2 Pats picks are perfect as far as position.
I'm not as high on Griffin as most though
Especially not over CJ Spiller- how does he fall into the 2nd?
He'd be a perfect pick in the 1st

B.Spikes is perfect. Love the pick.
If we could grab J.Hughes with our next pick then this draft will blow all my expectations away

DanHawkins
02-19-2010, 12:19 PM
don't see spiller falling to the 2nd round. but A for effort!

AkiliSmith
02-19-2010, 12:21 PM
Terrible terrible Bengals pick. Peko is a beast at NT. They don't need two. If by some chance they want a defensive tackle it would be Price.

Give them one of the receivers.

Brown Leader
02-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Thought I'd be the first to mock KC Haden. Curious what Chief fans think about that one.

Browns. No to McClain. That's high imo and we have many bodies at ILB-now if he could project to 34 OLB, then maby u have something. I do like D.Williams.

SRogers92
02-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Yes - it's because it's unfathomable that a scat back would fall to Round 2 ... could Spiller go higher? Sure - but - this draft is very deep at RB and him going Early Round 2 isn't unthinkable ...

If he runs a blazing 40, then he will be projected higher in my mocks, but - if he runs a great 40, but - something not seen every other year, then I can see him slipping a bit.

noondog
02-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Round 2:

34) Detroit Lions: Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State ... Need I say more?

Please do. I understand that the Lions need huge help at corner, but Robinson is a reach at the top of 2 imo. Donovon Warren would be a better pick if we went CB.

Anyways, I don't see us passing on CJ Spiller if he is sitting there ripe for the plucking. Charles Johnson or Brandon Spikes would be better than Robinson too. Better value for comparable cornerbacks to Robinson in rounds 3 and 4.

scar988
02-19-2010, 12:51 PM
horrible Falcons pick. We have ZERO need for a S. we have needs at DE, CB and OLB.

Bengals78
02-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Terrible terrible Bengals pick. Peko is a beast at NT. They don't need two. If by some chance they want a defensive tackle it would be Price.

Give them one of the receivers.

This ^^^^
We have our NT. He is pretty damn good.

vidae
02-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Terrible KC draft.

McClain can't go 5th but 7th is fine? Give me a break. CB is a need, but not a top 5 overall need, and Cody does not fit with a Todd Haley team.

PhysicalwithanF
02-19-2010, 01:51 PM
pretty sexy 49er draft so far

coordinator0
02-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Cox is not the BPA. The only corner we're taking in round one would be Joe Haden, and that's not happening. You value Benn in the same area... so why not him?

I do like Cox though, and he'd be one of my ideal corner candidates for the Ravens in this draft. Not in round one though.

prock
02-19-2010, 02:37 PM
Love the vikings pick

HindSight
02-19-2010, 02:58 PM
If Okung falls to #8 and the Raiders don't take him...

Also, the QB situation is not what is killing the Raiders. Yes Jamarcus Russel sucks, but the front office is killing the raiders. No offensive line has killed the raiders for years. QB sucktitude is just a flesh wound compared to those two issues.

SRogers92
02-19-2010, 04:04 PM
I love when people say, "OMgoawdsz that's not our #1 neeeed! we need <blank>, <blank>, etc" ... Most teams don't draft just by need they also go with BPA ... also -- there's value, as well ... some players at larger positions aren't a good value ... I don't mind constructive criticism, but - whining about needs without naming a better value isn't really constructive ...

But - I digress ...

Please do. I understand that the Lions need huge help at corner, but Robinson is a reach at the top of 2 imo. Donovon Warren would be a better pick if we went CB.

Anyways, I don't see us passing on CJ Spiller if he is sitting there ripe for the plucking. Charles Johnson or Brandon Spikes would be better than Robinson too. Better value for comparable cornerbacks to Robinson in rounds 3 and 4.

As a huge Lions fan and Wolverines fan I disagree with everything you've said ... How is Warren a better value there? I don't see it. Brandon Spikes doesn't really fit our scheme at all because we'll be asking him to do a lot of coverage and that's not his forte ... Charles Johnson is a reach at 2.2, IMO ... I think the Seahawks reach because he's a Carroll guy ...

I considered Spiller there, but -- the team likes Mo Morris and I expect us to grab a RB in FA ... Our CB depth chart is 10x more pathetic then our RB DC which is saying something because both are sad ...

Read the comments about Rolando McClain Mr. Chiefs fan before you start whining ... I understand Haden isn't the biggest position of need .. they need run defense, but -- McClain, a 34 MLB isn't worthy of the #5 pick ... Willis is a superior prospect and was taken after pick 10(I believe) ... Also -- the Browns would love to pass over McClain, but -- their biggest positions of need(OL, DBs, LBs, DL) do not really have any players worthy of 1.7 ... they get sort of screwed in that scenario even though McClain is a good player - just not a good value ...

Just my .02$ and opinion after watching many drafts and listening to experts talk about value, etc ...

SRogers92
02-19-2010, 04:05 PM
I do like Cox though, and he'd be one of my ideal corner candidates for the Ravens in this draft. Not in round one though.

Then you won't get him ... simple as that.

K Train
02-19-2010, 04:07 PM
we have guards, we have good guards playing guard and better guards playing tackle...steelers need a legit LT, ill flip out if they take iupati with earl thomas there

coordinator0
02-19-2010, 04:29 PM

Then you won't get him ... simple as that.

That's fine, but he's still not the BPA. Ozzie loves his BPA, I wouldn't be surprised if we passed on a receiver (nor would it be bad) for a better overall player.

vidae
02-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Read the comments about Rolando McClain Mr. Chiefs fan before you start whining ... I understand Haden isn't the biggest position of need .. they need run defense, but -- McClain, a 34 MLB isn't worthy of the #5 pick ... Willis is a superior prospect and was taken after pick 10(I believe) ... Also -- the Browns would love to pass over McClain, but -- their biggest positions of need(OL, DBs, LBs, DL) do not really have any players worthy of 1.7 ... they get sort of screwed in that scenario even though McClain is a good player - just not a good value ...

I'm whining? I wasn't aware that giving my opinion was whining. When you post mocks you're going to get critiqued, that's how it goes.

As far as him being a reach, it's obvious Pioli has no problems reaching for a player he feels would fit his defense (Tyson Jackson 3rd overall last year) so I don't expect McClain will be any different.

Carr wasn't super impressive but on the list of needs for this team I'd rank CB about 9th with ILB ranked 1st.

I'd much rather "reach" on our biggest need than take a corner there, that is my opinion.

thebow305
02-19-2010, 05:20 PM
Wow, that would be a horrid scenario for the Phins, as Berry, McClain, Haden, JPP, Bryant and Morgan are ALL off the board. But Kindle would be my next choice, followed closely by Earl Thomas, so nice job! :)

T-RICH49
02-19-2010, 08:03 PM
pass on Cody.his work ethic would drive Haley nuts.I like Haden but makes no sense going him over McClain

proshoota25
02-20-2010, 09:34 PM
i like the patriots draft so far personally

SRogers92
02-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Seems a lot of people don't understand Haden over McClain ...

CB is a prime time position, especially in the ultra aggressive 34 scheme that the Chiefs want to employ ... Was their Run D bad? Yes - so was their pass defense ... Brandon Flowers & Haden give them a great CB tandem ...

ILB is important and McClain is a great ILB prospect, but -- you just don't take ILB in a 34 scheme #5 overall with an elite CB prospect on the board ... CBs are just much harder to find and are a much more prime position ... ESPECIALLY on a 34 team.

toddmlazarchick
02-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Wow thats a fantastic skins mock. Id do cartwheels in my living room if that happened!!

Abaddon
02-21-2010, 09:27 PM
39) Oakland Raiders: Colt McCoy, QB, Texas

Um......no.

marshallb
02-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Very good Vikings pick.

K Train
02-22-2010, 09:27 AM
so sick of iupati and mays at 18...neither will happen

SRogers92
02-23-2010, 10:39 AM
Because you said so? Color me convinced.