PDA

View Full Version : Arrelious Benn; quick question

Bengals78
02-19-2010, 12:52 PM
I keep hearing varying reports on his hands. Some say he can catch everything some say he drops a lot.

Anyone with insight on it? Didnt watch the Illini play enough to judge from myself.

George Lippard
02-19-2010, 12:59 PM
His hands are somewhere inbetween. Probably average NFL hands. Needs to stop body catching so much.

Babylon
02-19-2010, 01:02 PM
I think the combine is big for guys like him and Demaryius Thomas to show what kind of speed they really have and are being thrown to by actual QBs.

Bengals78
02-19-2010, 01:07 PM
I think the combine is big for guys like him and Demaryius Thomas to show what kind of speed they really have and are being thrown to by actual QBs.

Sucks for Demaryius then LOL.

I was really looking forward to seeing him run too.

Appreciate it guys.

K Train
02-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Benn will best be suited to fill a reggie bush like role in an offense....not the best natural pass catcher but is a threat to run and catch out of the backfield. Hes a very strong runner with great vision and offers that kind of versatility. He should have gone to ND like we all first thought he would, playing with juice set him back quite a bit

Cicero
02-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Benn will best be suited to fill a reggie bush like role in an offense....not the best natural pass catcher but is a threat to run and catch out of the backfield. Hes a very strong runner with great vision and offers that kind of versatility. He should have gone to ND like we all first thought he would, playing with juice set him back quite a bit

Arrelious Benn will not be playing RB....

FUNBUNCHER
02-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Benn will be significantly better as a pro than a collegian, the only real question I have about him is what his official timed speed is.

Coming out of HS, rumor was Benn could run a sub 4.4.

K Train
02-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Arrelious Benn will not be playing RB....

i dont believe i said he would, but he did carry the ball at illinois and was successful doing it...he offers that versatility and teams will want to get him with the ball in his hands. as a pure WR hes more like DHB, but hes a very strong runner and elusive as hell. he would do well utilized in that kind of role

AkiliSmith
02-19-2010, 02:27 PM
I can't wait to see what he does at the combine. One of a few players I would love to have as the Bengals first pick.