PDA

View Full Version : Your teams are from out of town.

frubulubu
02-20-2010, 11:48 AM
I live in Detroit, and none if my teams are from the D.
NFL: Philadelphia Eagles. MLB: Los Angeles Dodgers. NBA: Los Angeles Clippers, dont laugh, lol. NHL: Los Angeles Kings. MLS: Los Angeles Galaxy. NCAA: Fresno St. You guessed it, im a LA transplant...Who are your teams?

ryno626
02-20-2010, 12:20 PM
NCAA - University of Michigan (Go Blue!)
MLB - LA Dodgers
NFL - Patriots

I'm from central Illinois and still live here. I hate all the local teams: U of Illinois, Cubs, and Cardinals

CJSchneider
02-20-2010, 12:30 PM
MLB: I still have a place in my heart for the Giants and A's due to being born and raised in Northern California.

bored of education
02-20-2010, 12:32 PM
im from mass

i like chiefs, bulls, buckeyes, blackhawks, indians

tjsunstein
02-20-2010, 12:34 PM
I live in South Jersey and the only local team I root for is the Phillies.

MLB: Phillies
NHL: Devils (Flyers are closest.)
NBA: Clippers
NFL: Packers
NCAAF: WVU, FSU

vidae
02-20-2010, 12:40 PM
I live in Kansas

NFL: Chiefs
MLB: Cubs (I know :()
NBA: Lakers (I grew up in Redondo Beach, CA)
NCAAF: VT
NCAAB: KU
NHL: Calgary Flames

So I have a few in Kansas but the rest are spread out all over.

Rob S
02-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Only NYC area team I don't root for is the Bills. Knicks, Rangers, and Yankees.

The Unseen
02-20-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm a Marlins fan...don't think that counts considering they are a Florida team. They're like 5 hours away, though.

GoRavens
02-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Rhode Island
And I'm a huge Ravens fan
Notre Dame
and of course the Celtics

fischbowl
02-20-2010, 01:01 PM
I live in New York but am from Buffalo.

MLB: Orioles
NFL: Bills
NHL: Sabres
College: Syracuse / Minnesota

El Peefs?????
02-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Screw out of state teams!

I guess I was always a St Johns basketball fan so thats about it for me. I like to root for the Royals & Chiefs as I spent a lot of time around the KC area as a kid.

fenikz
02-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Miami, i jumped on the bandwagon when i was 10ish and stuck

frubulubu
02-20-2010, 01:20 PM
I live in South Jersey and the only local team I root for is the Phillies.

MLB: Phillies
NHL: Devils (Flyers are closest.)
NBA: Clippers
NFL: Packers
NCAAF: WVU, FSU

Yay, another Clipper fan.

Michigan
02-20-2010, 01:23 PM
i only support my local teams. lions, pistons, tigers, red wings, wolverines

UKfan
02-20-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm from England so... yeah

NFL: Indy Colts
NBA: Lakers and Suns

jayceheathman
02-20-2010, 01:28 PM
I go to school out of state and all of my teams are all the Houston based teams.

TitleTown088
02-20-2010, 01:43 PM
South Dakota so all the teams are from out of town.
Packers
Duke basketball
Twins/Indians ( don't ask me how)
Nebraska football
Chicago Bulls
Wild

Futbol- Roma

AntoinCD
02-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Well I'm from Ireland and I knew a load if fellas who went to play Gaelic in Boston so I started supporting

NE Patriots
Boston Red Sox
Boston Celtics

Don't really care much for ice hockey

Notredameleo
02-20-2010, 03:12 PM
I live in Louisville KY.

NFL-Lions
MLB-Tigers
NCAAF-Notre Dame and Louisville
NCAAB- Louisville
NBA-not really a big fan of certain teams, more so just players

bernbabybern820
02-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Live in North Jersey

NFL - Oakland Raiders
NBA - Houston Rockets
MLB - Not a huge fan but was a Red Sox fan when Manny was still on the team
College football - Notre Dame
College basketball - UNC (front runner)

Kramer
02-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Iím from Baltimore, but Iím a Eagles, Knicks, and Mets fan. I was born in NYC and was raised to be a Knicks and Mets fan, and I used to live in Philadelphia which inspired me to be an Eagles fan. My dad is a Giants fan but he wasnít a big football fan when he was younger. He regrets not getting me into football when I was younger.

EvilNixon
02-20-2010, 04:23 PM
NFL-Oakland Raiders
MLB-Pittsburgh Pirates.... :(
NBA-Golden State Warriors

live in Memphis.

ViperVisor
02-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Indy born and raised

Braves
49ers
Lakers

yo123
02-20-2010, 04:30 PM
NFL- Vikings
NBA- Wolves
NHL- Wild
MLB- Twins
NCAA- Gophers

Keep it local people.

adschofield
02-20-2010, 04:34 PM
MLB: Kansas City Royals
NFL: Kansas City Chiefs
NCAAB: KU
NCAAF: Boston College
NBA: Boston Celtics
NHL: Boston Bruins

Grew up in KC, go to school in Boston

SuperMcGee
02-20-2010, 04:42 PM
I actually don't follow any of the big conference teams in particular. More a fan of Buffalo and the MAC in general, and I don't follow MLB or NBA at all.

So the only team out of Buffalo that I follow is Manchester City.

Brodeur
02-20-2010, 04:48 PM
I live in New York but am from Buffalo.

MLB: Orioles
NFL: Bills
NHL: Sabres
College: Syracuse / Minnesota

The real reason you follow the Orioles...

http://myteamrivals.typepad.com/.a/6a00e5513d181b88340120a5399e5f970b-800wi

Mmmmmmm.

TitleTown088
02-20-2010, 05:00 PM

Mmmmmmm.

I think if he were a fan purely because of a great catcher, he'd be a Twins fan.

http://www.fantasysportshero.com/fantasy/baseball/joe-mauer/joe-mauer.jpg

Brodeur
02-20-2010, 05:01 PM
I think if he were a fan purely because of a great catcher, he'd be a Twins fan.

http://www.fantasysportshero.com/fantasy/baseball/joe-mauer/joe-mauer.jpg

Matt Wieters is going to be better starting this year.

Jensen
02-20-2010, 05:10 PM
NFL - Arizona Cardinals
NHL - San Jose Sharks
MLB - Arizona Diamondbacks
NBA - Sacramento Kings
NCAA - North Carolina

Live in North Carolina.

roughrider30
02-20-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm stuck out in Vikings/Twins country (even though not in minnesota), but can't stand either team

NFL- Packers
MLB- Mets
NHL- Rangers
NBA- Knicks (kinda)
College- North Dakota hockey/ Oklahoma

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
02-20-2010, 05:54 PM
I don't have a "local" option for anything really but hockey, and I ******* hate the Senators. I mean, I guess there's the Raps and Jays, but meh. I don't actively cheer for the Raps and Jays, but I'm happy when they do well.

NHL- NJ Devils
NFL- Broncos
NCAAF- Miami
NBA- Cleveland
MLB- I don't really have a favourite, but I guess Yankees. Sowwy.

For NHL, I like the Devils cuz when I was in grade 1 and first heard of hockey, everyone was a Sens fan and I had an obession with being different, and the day i decided this, the Devils and Sens had played the night before. Also my neighbour gave me a Marty Brodeur poster, so i was like, das coo, das coo. And I've been with them since. Thank God they didn't play the Panthers or something.
Broncos, first SB I watched was Pats-Packers, my brother and dad wanted GB to win, I wanted New England, cuz I had to be different(I was the same age as when I decided on the Devils). Packers won, and then came back next year and I was pissed that they beat New England, so I cheered for Denver, who won and have been my favourite since. *Sigh* and to think I could have been a Pats fan..

Miami was the first college football game I watched, opening kick returned for TD, it was awesome.
Cleveland, well.. LeBron James, I'll be honest with you. I watched him once and then couldn't turn away.

The Dynasty
02-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Im from New York about an hour or so south of Buffalo.

NFL: Minnesota Vikings - Started using them in Tecmo Superbowl when i was little and just started following them when i was very young. My whole family is pretty much Bills fans, A lot of disappointment between the two teams.

MLB: New York Yankees - Everyone in my family is a Yankees fan.

NHL: Buffalo Sabres - Hometown Team.

NBA: Minnesota Timberwolves - Chose them this year because of Jonny Flynn

NCAAB - Syracuse Orangemen/St. Bonaventure Bonnies - Bonnies aren't much to root for so i tend to follow Syracuse more.

NCAAF - Alabama Crimson Tide - Grandma is from Alabama.

Grizzlegom
02-20-2010, 10:45 PM
from an hour north of Philly and i root for all Philly teams but the only one that my favorite is the Phillies.

MLB: Phillies - went to my first phillies game at 3 months so i was kinda destined to like them.
NFL: Dolphins - dad was an Eagles fan, mom was a steelers fan so i had to pick a neutral third party and Miami had sweet colors and Dan Marino.
NHL: Penguins - Mario Lemieux plus they were great in the early 90s so i hopped on the bandwagon.
NBA: Magic - Shaq + Penny.

TitleTown088
02-20-2010, 10:48 PM
NBA: Magic - Shaq + Penny.
lMiQy4gDJE0

Gotta love Penny.

Vikes99ej
02-21-2010, 02:38 AM
I'm from MN

MLB: Twins
NHL: Lightning
NFL: Vikings
NBA: Wolves

zachsaints52
02-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Where I live in the foothills of VA there are no close teams.
NFL: Saints- Donte' Stallworth and the Fleur GOT ME
NBA: 76ers. Iverson son.
MLB: Rays
NCAA FB: Bama because Juliooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
But when he leaves Ill find a real favorite team.
World Cup: Germany!!!!!

Brent
02-21-2010, 11:25 AM
I am from Northern California

NFL - 49ers
MLB - Giants

and then I moved to Texas and became a Mavs fan since I never care for basketball growing up in California. As for hockey/soccer, I only care about team USA but I do go to a ton of Stars games.

CJSchneider
02-21-2010, 01:08 PM
The fact that you never developed a love for "Run TMC" disturbs me.

Kramer
02-21-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm from England so... yeah

NFL: Indy Colts
NBA: Lakers and Suns
Wow Colts and Lakers, the superbowl made you seem less of a frontrunner :)

Job
02-21-2010, 01:31 PM
For NHL, I like the Devils cuz when I was in grade 1 and first heard of hockey, everyone was a Sens fan and I had an obession with being different, and the day i decided this, the Devils and Sens had played the night before. Also my neighbour gave me a Marty Brodeur poster, so i was like, das coo, das coo. And I've been with them since. Thank God they didn't play the Panthers or something.
Broncos, first SB I watched was Pats-Packers, my brother and dad wanted GB to win, I wanted New England, cuz I had to be different(I was the same age as when I decided on the Devils). Packers won, and then came back next year and I was pissed that they beat New England, so I cheered for Denver, who won and have been my favourite since. *Sigh* and to think I could have been a Pats fan..

I've been a kinda fan of the Panthers since their Stanley Cup run fail in 1996. They're a heart-breaking team to like. Because they're ********.

SuperMcGee
02-21-2010, 01:45 PM
I've liked Florida mostly since DeBoer got the there. I want to see them do well, or at least have fans again.

wogitalia
02-22-2010, 12:18 AM
NFL - Minnesota Vikings - First game I watched was Vikes and someone else...

NBA - Orlando Magic - Started following when they drafted Shaq, Penny cemented it.

NHL - Pittsburgh Penguins - Mario Lemeiux was the pimp on NHL Hockey on PC...

MLB - Chicago White Sox - Just sort of happened, cool name? Jordan maybe?

NCAA(F) - Michigan & Miami - Michigan because I could watch them. Miami because of the swagger.

NCAA(B) - Duke - Same as Miami, started following in the mid 90s with Grant Hill.

AFL - Sydney Swans - Didn't like the local team. They had my 2 favourite players, only logical really!

I live in Perth. The only one of these that is odd is the last one, but there is no rhyme or reason to my teams geographically.

frubulubu
02-22-2010, 12:26 AM
AFL - Sydney Swans - Didn't like the local team. They had my 2 favourite players, only logical really!

I live in Perth. The only one of these that is odd is the last one, but there is no rhyme or reason to my teams geographically.[/QUOTE]

The Australian football league rocks! Wish I could see more of it here in the states, Go Melbourne!

YAYareaRB
02-22-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm from Northern California.

NBA - Lakers
NFL - 49ers
MLB - Dodgers
NCAA Football - LSU Tigers
NCAA Basketball - Texas Longhorns

RufusMcDaniel
02-22-2010, 11:13 AM
NHL - My whole family are Leafs fans, so I was unfortunately subjected to torture as well.
NFL - First game NFL game I watched was the Music City Miracle, and ever since then have stuck with the Titans.
NBA - Raptors, no real reason behind other than being the closest team.
MLB - Was an Expo fan, but now don't care as much.
NCAA - From Mike Legg to Charles Woodson to the Fab Five, it was a pretty easy decision for me.

Draft King
02-22-2010, 11:25 AM
From Ottawa, Canada

NFL - Atlanta Falcons / Madden 2004 and Michael Vick started my crush on this team. I also really liked the jerseys.

NBA - Toronto Raptors / The only Canadian team, I loved Vince Carter and now I love Bosh.

MLB - Toronto Blue Jays / Same thing, the only Canadian team. Have followed them closely for the past 5 years or so.

NCAA - Miami (FL) / Just love that U swagger. Even though they weren't great when I started following them they have a great history. (at least since the '80s)

No NHL team.

scottyboy
02-22-2010, 11:26 AM
I'm all about being local:

NBA- Nets. Why? Because I'm from jersey, rooting for thejersey team just made, and still makes, more sense than rooting for the out of state Knicks. Jersey pride...well not so much pride this season, but still.

NHL: Devils- similar to the Nets. I live in Jersey, why would I root for a New York team if there's a jersey team?

MLB: Yankees. Born into a Yankee family.

NFL: Giants. same with Yankees. And I love blue more than green.

College: It's obvious. My all around love. Dad went here, nowI do and well...I can't profess my love enough for Rutgers

stephenson86
02-22-2010, 11:26 AM
im from england and i support the titans

CJSchneider
02-22-2010, 11:59 AM
From Ottawa, Canada

No NHL team.

Wait...is that even possible - being from Canada and not having a favorite hockey team? I bet there are more left handed albino's on Earth than non-hockey loving Canadians.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
02-22-2010, 12:23 PM
Wait...is that even possible - being from Canada and not having a favorite hockey team? I bet there are more left handed albino's on Earth than non-hockey loving Canadians.

I have a friend who really dislikes hockey, he once turned down a free ticket to a game from me. I'm not really a big hockey fan either, like I like hockey, but some years I'm more of a basketball fan after the SB, and of course pre-SB I'm all football. But whenever it's Canada, I'm watching, and almost having a heart attack every second of every game. That's the thing with hockey though, more energy than in any other sport, by far.

George Lippard
02-22-2010, 12:29 PM
I have tried to become a fan of hockey many times. It is difficult when you've never played it, didn't grow up with it and for the most part don't understand it.

I can't differentiate good players from bad, impressive plays from routine and don't even get me started on the draft...

Brothgar
02-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Oh and BTW
CeZzMQa67lU

YEAH!!! USA USA USA!!!

CJSchneider
02-22-2010, 07:20 PM
Oh and BTW
CeZzMQa67lU

YEAH!!! USA USA USA!!!

On a side note totally unrelated to hockey, but totally related to me - that chick at the end of the video was ******* hot!

Hines
02-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally from Western Pennsylvania, now live in the Phoenix area:

NFL- Steelers
MLB- Pirates
NHL- Penguins
NCAA- Penn State/ Pitt
NBA- I just like players

Hines
02-22-2010, 08:50 PM

Mmmmmmm.

I truely hate you.

DoughBoy
02-22-2010, 08:57 PM
im from england and i support the titans

That is because you are awesome sir.

BTW, has anyone on this board ever met a Gators/Pats fan? If you have, plz hit them in the wiener.

K Train
02-22-2010, 09:00 PM
I live in Philadelphia but im from the poconos i like the steelers, the penguins, south florida football, ncaa basketball for betting purposes and have a complete disdain for the sport of baseball.

i liked the spurs when i was a kid and lived out west in reno for 2 years, but then learned that i actually hate pro basketball