PDA

View Full Version : High school relationships / age

Xonraider
02-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Err, so in one of the many random discussions me and my friends have, we were talking about high school relationships. So we have this friends who is going to be a senior in March (school is from March to December down here) and he is dating a girl who is going to enter 8th grade. We think this is kind of awkward.

But on the other hand, another friend is going to be a senior too and he is going to date a girl who is going to be a freshman.

So the difference is 3 years and 4 years.

Do you think either of the two is ok? How is this in the US?

Also we have a girl-buddy who is 17 and dating a 24 year old man... is that acceptable? Most people say this 24 year old dude is an idiot who can't pick up anything and that is why he is dating a girl 7 years younger.

George Lippard
02-20-2010, 01:05 PM
In high school, it has always been my opinion that girls shouldn't have a relationship with guys in lower grades than them. It's cool if you're a dude, but it reeks of desperation for girls.

Guys can go down two grades MAXIMUM. Seniors with sophomores, juniors with freshman, etc. There are some guidelines though, the younger you go - the better they have to look. However, in HS there is a maximum of two years in age difference no matter what the grade of anyone involved. 18-16 being ok, 18-15 not being ok, etc. So no "old for their grade" seniors getting with "young for their grade" sophomores.

Once you're out of high school, the "half your age plus 7" rule is a good standard.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/17/Half-age-plus-seven-relationship-rule.svg/567px-Half-age-plus-seven-relationship-rule.svg.png

tjsunstein
02-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Err, so in one of the many random discussions me and my friends have, we were talking about high school relationships. So we have this friends who is going to be a senior in March (school is from March to December down here) and he is dating a girl who is going to enter 8th grade. We think this is kind of awkward.

But on the other hand, another friend is going to be a senior too and he is going to date a girl who is going to be a freshman.

Also we have a girl-buddy who is 17 and dating a 24 year old man... is that acceptable? Most people say this 24 year old dude is an idiot who can't pick up anything and that is why he is dating a girl 7 years younger.

You can't be dating a girl in middle school if you're in high school yet when you're about to be a senior. Very weird. The senior freshman thing is more acceptable.

I agree with the above. Two grades below and that's your cut off.

El Peefs?????
02-20-2010, 01:10 PM
God I remember being a senior in high school though and the freshman were just so small and young. Developmentally there is just such a huge gap between a 14 & 18 year old. Kids would be walking around at literally half my size, I dont even want to think about middle schoolers.

At least its a good thing with all the hormones in the chicken these days that chicks are sprouting their tits out at 11.

CJSchneider
02-20-2010, 03:14 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/17/Half-age-plus-seven-relationship-rule.svg/567px-Half-age-plus-seven-relationship-rule.svg.png

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9481/pedobear4dzya2.jpg

What about half your age minus 7?

In high school, it has always been my opinion that girls shouldn't have a relationship with guys in lower grades than them. It's cool if you're a dude, but it reeks of desperation for girls.

Guys can go down two grades MAXIMUM. Seniors with sophomores, juniors with freshman, etc. There are some guidelines though, the younger you go - the better they have to look. However, in HS there is a maximum of two years in age difference no matter what the grade of anyone involved. 18-16 being ok, 18-15 not being ok, etc.

Seriously though, this is the standard I followed in HS.

OSUGiants17
02-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Senior + 8th grader = pedo, Senior + Freshman = Same school so not as bad, but if it started before she got to HS then that is creepy.

DoughBoy
02-20-2010, 03:50 PM
We had a guy in our class that dated a 6th grader while he was a sophomore. I always had a thing for all my hot teachers though... I was crushed when I found out my 4th block teacher was getting married. Lol

CJSchneider
02-20-2010, 04:13 PM
We had a guy in our class that dated a 6th grader while he was a sophomore. I always had a thing for all my hot teachers though... I was crushed when I found out my 4th block teacher was getting married. Lol

I took Geometry and ALG 2 in my sophmore year because the ALG 2 teacher was "lava ass hot"!

vikes_28
02-20-2010, 04:15 PM
I asked my geometry teacher out. It didn't end well for me. I got sent down to the office, only to get suspended. :(

CJSchneider
02-20-2010, 04:19 PM
I asked my geometry teacher out. It didn't end well for me. I got sent down to the office, only to get suspended. :(

http://i.dailyherald.com/stories/70/70538.jpg

Odd, he looks like your type.

SuperMcGee
02-20-2010, 04:47 PM

My 4th grade teacher looked like Summer Sanders. I fell pretty hard for her.

GB12
02-20-2010, 05:19 PM
The only time it'd be acceptable for a high schooler to date a middle schooler is if it was 8th grade and freshman and they were dating since before one was in high school.

8th grade and Senior is extremely ****** up. I agree with the two year maximum idea.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
02-20-2010, 05:44 PM
Wow yeah 8th grade girl and senior dude is muy unacceptablo. 9th grade girl with senior guy is okay, but not ideal. Good range is 2 years, as has been said.

Here's another situation though. What if you're out of high school and with a HS girl? Half your age+7 apply or is it 2 years maximum because she's in HS?

George Lippard
02-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Wow yeah 8th grade girl and senior dude is muy unacceptablo. 9th grade girl with senior guy is okay, but not ideal. Good range is 2 years, as has been said.

Here's another situation though. What if you're out of high school and with a HS girl? Half your age+7 apply or is it 2 years maximum because she's in HS?

A great question. Let's say the girl is a 17 year old junior and you recently graduated and turned 20.

She technically falls into the half-your-age-plus-7 but there is a 3 year difference. You're no longer in HS so the rules no longer apply to you but she is, so she should be held to HS rules. It is a grey area, there is no universal precedent for these overlapping situations.

I say 2 year maximum.

But...lets say she is 18 and you're 21, she is now an adult and shouldn't be held to HS rules?

CJSchneider
02-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Once I hit 18 I was scared to piss of any chick under 18. The first woman I ended up in a serious relationship with once I finished basic training was a 33 year old woman. I feel this is no coincidence.

M.O.T.H.
02-21-2010, 07:25 AM
A Senior dating an 8th grader? That's disgusting. I always thought it was pretty gross for Seniors to date Freshman as well. Seems like all the hottest girls when I was a Freshman, were doing so, though. :/ Come to think of it, I've never really branched outside of my own age bracket. In High School it was always the same grade (one was a lengthy one, though) and since, it was like a year difference, with me being older. hmm. I dont know. But right now, I'm enjoying the lazy single life. It's quiet.

edit....

I thought I'd add...during this job I had last year, I was talking to some kid there (22 years old) about girl friends/past relationships and what not. This guy goes on a tirade about his 25 year old brother dating a 14 year old. Which is beyond disgusting...and I agreed with him. Later, I found out that this 22 year old was dating a soon to be 16 year old, himself and he was just jealous because, his brother was dating the "hotter" girl. ewwwwwwwww.

j05son
02-21-2010, 08:39 PM
half your age plus 7

I came in here to post this and am a little saddened someone beat me to it.

Just to reiterate though,

AGE / 2 + 7 =

EvilNixon
02-21-2010, 08:44 PM
lol. I got quite a few chuckles out of this thread.

El Peefs?????
02-21-2010, 09:17 PM
Here's another situation though. What if you're out of high school and with a HS girl?

You see the thing I like about high school girls is, I keep getting older but they stay the same age.

Alright, alright.

terribletowel39
02-21-2010, 09:25 PM
It is definitely weird for them while in HS but I can't judge too hardcore, when my current girlfriend was graduating HS, I wasn't even born yet. That is right, I am 23 years old and dating a 42 year old woman. Once you break 20, I think it age doesn't matter.

M.O.T.H.
02-21-2010, 09:28 PM
It is definitely weird for them while in HS but I can't judge too hardcore, when my current girlfriend was graduating HS, I wasn't even born yet. That is right, I am 23 years old and dating a 42 year old woman. Once you break 20, I think it age doesn't matter.

She better be hot. Pics or GTFO. :D

VoteLynnSwan
02-21-2010, 09:29 PM

it most definitely still matters... Obviously not to you though.

02-21-2010, 09:30 PM

I don't care what the rules say, but I'll go for it if she's right. However, there will probably be better girls out there closer to your age if you're looking hard enough. That's what I've learned.

RaiderNation
02-21-2010, 09:31 PM
I wouldnt go out with a girl who is more than 3 years younger than me

CJSchneider
02-21-2010, 09:33 PM
I wouldnt go out with a girl who is more than 3 years younger than me

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/pedobear_seal_of_disapproval.jpg

Say it again and I'll cut you.

terribletowel39
02-21-2010, 09:37 PM
it most definitely still matters... Obviously not to you though.

Yeah, I agree with this. Most people think it is pretty strange to be dating someone 19 years older than me but I don't mind it. Either of us really and that is what really matters.

Also, Moth, CJ has met her and her 14 year old daughter. This is her. Although she has much longer and red hair now.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/8848/wend.jpg

02-21-2010, 09:41 PM
If roles were reversed, and TT was the old one, I'd say shiatsu, that's creepy bro. But I gotta respect a guy who gets with an older woman. Maybe that's just my teenagerness speaking.

CJSchneider
02-21-2010, 09:42 PM
When I was 18/19 I dated a 33 year old woman. Age only bothers you if you let it.

Bosanac01
02-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Dating a middle schooler when you are a senior in high school is just plain creepy.

02-21-2010, 09:43 PM
When I was 18/19 I dated a 33 year old woman. Age only bothers you if you let it.

That's pretty impressive considering that when you were 18/19, the average life expectancy was 31.

terribletowel39
02-21-2010, 09:43 PM

*high five* for older women!!

M.O.T.H.
02-21-2010, 09:45 PM
That's pretty impressive considering that when you were 18/19, the average life expectancy was 31.

Dysentery was serious business back then.

M.O.T.H.
02-21-2010, 09:47 PM
The fact that she has a 14 year old, would creep me out, first off. Secondly though, she doesnt look close to 42. Well done. ;)

CJSchneider
02-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Dysentery was serious business back then.

http://onceuponawin.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/dysentery.jpg

Tell me about it.

Bosanac01
02-21-2010, 09:48 PM
I'm 19 years old and I would definitely date a woman twice my age. I just wouldn't take her to my momma.

CJSchneider
02-21-2010, 09:49 PM
I'm 19 years old and I would definitely date a woman twice my age. I just wouldn't take her to my momma.

I'd do a woman twice your age and I'd pray to sweet Jeebus it was your momma.

terribletowel39
02-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Haha, well honestly, that isn't even the worst part. The 14 year old is just her daughter. We actually just celebrated her sons 18 year old birthday. So, yeah.

M.O.T.H.
02-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Haha, well honestly, that isn't even the worst part. The 14 year old is just her daughter. We actually just celebrated her sons 18 year old birthday. So, yeah.

oh geez. lol.

Bosanac01
02-21-2010, 09:52 PM

Is it weird being around her kids? Especially the 18 year old.

and just to note, at first glance i thought she was in her 20's before i read she was 42.

terribletowel39
02-21-2010, 09:52 PM
oh geez. lol.

Tell me about it, he had a big problem with our relationship at first but he has come around more and more.

In some weird way, I have a step-son that is older than half of this board. haha

Bosanac01
02-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Tell me about it, he had a big problem with our relationship at first but he has come around more and more.

In some weird way, I have a step-son that is older than half of this board. haha

CJ is older then half of this board put together.

terribletowel39
02-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Is it weird being around her kids? Especially the 18 year old.

and just to note, at first glance i thought she was in her 20's

It isn't that weird, we barely see the 18 yr old because well he is 18 and never hangs around the house. But we actually have the 14 year old for half of the week. It is much less weird now than before. We have quite a few arguments every time she is here.

She is your typical 14 year old girl, and can be a real ***** and I've gotten to the point were I will let her know when she is being one. She doesn't like that.

Also, my initial attraction to her was that she was 27ish.

CJSchneider
02-21-2010, 09:56 PM
*high five* for older women!!

http://fotosa.ru/stock_photo/Corbis_RF/p_2495116.jpg

OSUGiants17
02-21-2010, 10:26 PM
^ I'm dying of laughter

Job
02-21-2010, 10:37 PM

I'd date a woman half your age. I just wouldn't take her to my momma.

CJSchneider
02-21-2010, 10:40 PM
I'd date a woman half your age. I just wouldn't take her to my momma.

I'd date a woman half his age AND her momma!

George Lippard
02-21-2010, 10:42 PM
I'd date a woman half his age AND her momma!

http://www.taylorbrooks.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/lawrence-office-space.jpg

prock
02-21-2010, 10:43 PM
In high school, if it is more than 2 years then it was really creepy. once you get to college and beyond, it is better. but, xonraider, your friend is a ******* creeper, sorry to inform.

Brothgar
02-21-2010, 11:22 PM

Senior/freshman is grey area if she's hot its acceptable.

8th grade is really lame you gotta go to the same school.

24/17 ehhh 1 year off maybe. but really old enough to strip old enough to date.

zachsaints52
02-22-2010, 12:09 AM

Wow that was nice.

Just tonight I found out this girl I went to high school with married a guy who help coached her in her 4th grade bball team. He is 31 and she is 20. Thoughts?

Brothgar
02-22-2010, 12:16 AM

I wish CJS would bang my mama.

Bosanac01
02-22-2010, 12:19 AM

Mr. Schneider loves parent/teacher meetings.

CJSchneider
02-22-2010, 05:37 AM

Pics of mama or GTFO

YAYareaRB
02-22-2010, 10:39 AM
I'm older than gf by a week

Kramer
02-22-2010, 12:21 PM
I personally wouldn’t date a freshman as a senior purely because they are incredibly immature, just like most High School girls are but even worse. I have never even pursued a girl more then two grades below me, but thats not really intentional because of their age.

Xonraider
02-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Well down here senior - freshman is pretty common. I mean you have to realize underage drinking is something COMPLETELY common. I mean most good looking girls (since they hang out with older guys) start to see alcohol in their parties in 7th grade, and by 8th grade its pretty common. For guys its mostly on 8th and 9th when they start drinking (I started about 3 years ago, and I am 17).

So for example if you're a senior and went to a party of someone two years younger than you, there probably will be freshman girls there, and MAYBE one or two middle schoolers.

Bosanac01
02-22-2010, 12:24 PM
High Schoolers should not be partying with Middle Schoolers. Bottom Line.

Kramer
02-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Well down here senior - freshman is pretty common. I mean you have to realize underage drinking is something COMPLETELY common. I mean most good looking girls (since they hang out with older guys) start to see alcohol in their parties in 7th grade, and by 8th grade its pretty common. For guys its mostly on 8th and 9th when they start drinking (I started about 3 years ago, and I am 17).

So for example if you're a senior and went to a party of someone two years younger than you, there probably will be freshman girls there, and MAYBE one or two middle schoolers.

Yeah its definitely not unheard of here, but mixing with middle schoolers is.

Xonraider
02-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Yeah its definitely not unheard of here, but mixing with middle schoolers is.

Well it is also true that a 7th grader took a picture of her ***** with a Sharpie in it, and sent it to an 8th grader for a chocolate. Now, because of blackberries, everyone has the photo. I used to have it but deleted it, don't really want that this in my phone.

It is also true that the 8th grader that is dating this senior I know (he's not even my friend) has already had sex, quite a lot actually, so its not really like she is so innocent.

I'm not justifying it, because I had the opportunity to date a girl that young but passed up the opportunity, I think I'll wait till she's 16. I'm just clearing up the situations.

SwagU
02-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Im a senior in HS and I just stick to the rule that she atleast has to be in HS for me too hook up with her. Relationship wise though I don't see it working with a girl that young. For my relationships I try to stay my age or a year younger, just based on maturity and the stages you are in your lives.

JRTPlaya21
02-22-2010, 01:33 PM
A Senior dating anything younger then a freshman is just wrong lol. I've always loved the older girls and a couple years younger is about as low as I will go.

02-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Xon, pics or GTFO. You know what I'm talking about.

Xonraider
02-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Xon, pics or GTFO. You know what I'm talking about.

I already deleted it, I can probably get it but I'm sure I'm getting banned if I post it. So if anyone adds me on blackberry messenger I'll send it.

Bosanac01
02-22-2010, 03:35 PM
send me a pm

YAYareaRB
02-22-2010, 05:37 PM
I shoulda went to school in Panama

Kramer
02-22-2010, 05:40 PM
When I was in 8th grade, there were pictures that went around of this one girl with her sticking a popsicle in her... you know, it was a ginger if you were asking if shes hot or not.

YAYareaRB
02-22-2010, 05:59 PM
When I was in 8th grade, there were pictures that went around of this one girl with her sticking a popsicle in her... you know, it was a ginger if you were asking if shes hot or not.

So that's how they eat.

Addict
02-22-2010, 06:04 PM
two grades is the essential rule.

My gf is two years younger than I am, but we were only a grade apart when we met six years ago. She was 15 I was 17... seems like a long time ago though.

tjsunstein
02-22-2010, 06:07 PM
two grades is the essential rule.

My gf is two years younger than I am, but we were only a grade apart when we met six years ago. She was 15 I was 17... seems like a long time ago though.

High school sweethearts, nice. Gonna marry her and complete the fairy tale?

If I found out my sister in 8th grade was dating a senior in high school I would probably have a talk with him with my fists.

Addict
02-22-2010, 06:11 PM

hahaha I don't think so, neither one of us is the marrying type. Honestly it's always kind of awkward to tell people I meet about my relationship since they automatically assume it's very serious and the product of careful thought... but it's really not. We just go with what seems like a good idea and that's worked pretty well so far.

tjsunstein
02-22-2010, 06:13 PM
hahaha I don't think so, neither one of us is the marrying type. Honestly it's always kind of awkward to tell people I meet about my relationship since they automatically assume it's very serious and the product of careful thought... but it's really not. We just go with what seems like a good idea and that's worked pretty well so far.

Fair enough, best of luck.

BaLLiN
02-22-2010, 07:02 PM
its just wrong, even if the girl is really mature. i dated a junior when i was a freshman and she dumped me because of a previously mentioned thing, desperation, she didnt want to look it and it decreased her status. Tough, but really true.

My question is why would you want a girl that young, you would automatically feel like a pedofile and if you date, you have to hang out with her friends who are young too which makes you feel like a loser. Also this girl probably isnt as experienced in which case it feels like rape, another guilt.

I follow the 1 year rule up and down, that way you have similar friends, experiences, closer classes, and should be close to the same in experience.

Brothgar
02-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Pics of mama or GTFO

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v29/34/90/58500342/n58500342_30096073_1007.jpg

CJSchneider
02-22-2010, 07:28 PM
http://www.meikathon.net/roflmao/facepalm.jpg

El Peefs?????
02-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Is broth copping a feel in that pic!?

DoughBoy
02-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Broth has teh creepy house.

Brothgar
02-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Broth has teh creepy house.

That is a hotel.

CJSchneider
02-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Keepin' it in the family - I can dig it

NOT

Xonraider
02-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Ok so TJ saw the pic.. he can confirm my story, lol

GB12
02-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Ok so TJ saw the pic.. he can confirm my story, lol

Well thats...not good. I don't know what the laws in Panama are, but here in the United States having a picture of a seventh grader's ***** is a big no-no.

Job
02-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Well thats...not good. I don't know what the laws in Panama are, but here in the United States having a picture of a seventh grader's ***** is a big no-no.

What about videos?

El Peefs?????
02-22-2010, 10:55 PM
What about videos?

http://www.bobandandrew.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/chris-hansen.jpg

02-22-2010, 10:57 PM
Just blur it out like in Japan, then it's good.

The Unseen
02-22-2010, 10:59 PM
This place is soooooooooooooooooo sketch

Bosanac01
02-22-2010, 11:11 PM
I wouldn't want my kids growing up in Panama.

critesy
02-22-2010, 11:13 PM
byyaaaa

send meow

George Lippard
02-22-2010, 11:16 PM
I wouldn't want my kids growing up in Panama.

At least you wouldn't be obligated to have "the talk" after Jose* got done with them.

*panama, mexico...close enough.

Xonraider
02-22-2010, 11:55 PM

Its not like I go around showing my cellphone to the police, you know.

vikes_28
02-23-2010, 01:17 AM

If I found out my sister in 8th grade was dating a senior in high school I would probably have a talk with him with my fists.

Pretty much this. And CJ, my Geometry teacher was 22 years old and I was 18, She was hotttttt, perfect boobs, perfect ass. And she was tall, often wore skirts. I never wore mesh shorts.

CJSchneider
02-23-2010, 05:48 AM
Pretty much this. And CJ, my Geometry teacher was 22 years old and I was 18, She was hotttttt, perfect boobs, perfect ass. And she was tall, often wore skirts. I never wore mesh shorts.

Been there, done that. I took Geometry and Alg 2 as a sophomore because the Alg 2 teacher was this "perfect 10" hottie fresh out of college. You've never seen so many high-school kids get that excited about a math class.

tjsunstein
02-23-2010, 08:57 AM

Can't prove it!

But yea, I deleted that picture so quick.