PDA

View Full Version : FloridaFootball's Mock Draft

FloridaFootball
02-20-2010, 01:10 PM
2010 NFL Mock Draft
Explinations for top 10.

1. St Louis Rams - NDamukung Suh DT Nebraska
Not much excitment with this pick, we've all seen it. I'm tempting to give the Rams Jimmy Clausen with the fact that they have a new owner who could want to get a franchise QB. Defensive minded Head Coach Steve Spagnuolo might prefer to take the best player in the draft in Suh. I think this will bulster up the Rams defensive line to make it one of the better lines in the league.
(optional pick - Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame)

2. Detroit Lions - Gerald Mccoy DT Oklahoma
Head Coach Jim Schwartz coached Albert Haynesworth with the Titans and already got a franchise QB last year. I think Gerald Mccoy and Suh are very close in value and the Lions won't think twice about taking Mccoy.
(Optional pick - Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State)

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State
Alright, the first bit of change in this mock. I think the Buccaneers will strongly consider taking Eric Berry but will decide on taking Dez Bryant. I know Bryant didn't play much of his junior season but I'm expecting through the combine and pro-days he will be a clear cut top 5 talent. The Buccaneers don't have a true #1 WR that opposing teams have to game plan for every week and Dez Bryant can be that WR.
(Optional pick - Eric Berry FS Tennesse)

4. Washington Redskins - Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State
As of right now, who the Redskins pick with the 4th selection depends on how their offseason goes with Jason Campbell. At this time, the Redskins have said they look forward to having Jason Campbell as their starting QB. If the Redskins don't take a QB, their position of need is without a doubt an offensive tackle. Chris Samuels not returning and this past season Campbell was running for his life every time he dropped back. Simple pick.
(Optional pick - Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame)

5. Kansas City Chiefs - Rolando Mcclain ILB Alabama
With Eric Berry still on the board the Chiefs have a tough decision to make. They decide to take one of the smartest and dominant inside linbackers, Mcclain will be one of the top canidates for DROY. Mcclain will give you 100+ tackles and give the Chiefs their Quarterback on the defensive side of the ball.
(Optional Pick - Eric Berry FS Tennesee)

6. Seattle Seahawks - Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame
The Seahawks give a big sigh of relief that not only is one of the top 2 QB's left on the board for this pick, but both are still available! I personally have Jimmy Clausen as a better pro prospect so I gave the Seahawks Clausen over Bradford. Clausen has great mechanics and has been successful in a pro style offense that Pete Carrol will be bringing to the Seahawks.
(Optional Pick - Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma)

7. Clevland Browns - Eric Berry FS Tennesse
If you thought the Seahawks ran their draft card up to the podium fast when they realized both QB's were still on the board, the Browns will make this pick even faster with Eric Berry still available. The Browns may be tempted to take Sam Bradford, but with Berry still available I don't see how the Browns could pass on a game changing defensive player that could bring you an Ed Reed type of Ball hawk.
(Optional Pick - CJ Spiller RB Clemson)

8. Oakland Raiders - Anthony Davis OT Rutgers
Since the NFL combine hasn't started and nobody has run the 40 yard dash, I can't tell you who the Raiders will pick. I will however tell you who they should pick in this situation, Anthany Davis. The Raiders have an impressive set of potential and high draft picks spent in their skill players (mcfadden, heyward-bey, russell) now they need to give those skill positions time to get open and time for the QB to get these players the football.
(Optional Pick - Taylor Mays FS USC)

9. Buffalo Bills - Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma
The Bills might have been looking to move up to draft a QB but when both the Rams and Redskins passed on a QB they decided to stay put and hope Clausen or Bradford fell to them. At this point in time theres a lot of question marks about Bradford's shoulder and the fact that he didn't take many snaps from under center in college, but assuming these things check out just fine after the pro day he will be a top 10 pick. Buffalo Bills have a QB for the future.
(Optional Pick - Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa)

10. Denver Broncos - Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech
I think the Broncos will want to take Dez Bryant if hes still available but with the elite WR prospect off the board I see them taking my personal #1 ranked pass rusher in this draft.

11. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jason Pierre-Paul DE South Florida

12. Miami Dolphins - Sergio Kindle OLB Texas

13. San Fransico 49ers - CJ Spiller RB Clemson

14. Seattle Seahawks - Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa

15. New York Giants - Dan Williams DT Tennessee

16. Tennessee Titans - Joe Haden CB Florida

17. San Fransico 49ers - Trent Williams OT Oklahoma

18. Pittsburgh Steelers - Taylor Mays FS USC

19. Atlanta Falcons - Carlos Dunlap DE Florida

20. Houston Texans - Brian Price DT UCLA

21. Cincinatti Bengals - Mike Iupati OL Idaho

22. New England Patriots - Brandon Graham OLB Michigan

23. Green Bay Packers - Bruce Campbell OT Maryland

24. Philadelphia Eagles - Earl Thomas FS Texas

25. Baltimore Ravens - Arrelious Benn WR Illinois

26. Arizona Cardinals - Jason Fox OT Miami(FL)

27. Dallas Cowboys - Golden Tate WR Notre Dame

28. San Diego Chargers - Terrence Cody DT Oklahoma

29. New York Jets - Everson Griffin DE USC

30. Minnesota Vikings - Chad Jones FS LSU

31. Indianapolis Colts - Jared Odrick DT Penn State

32. New Orleans Saints - Kyle Wilson CB Boise State

RaiderNation
02-20-2010, 01:12 PM
Nice raiders pick

billsfootball15
02-20-2010, 01:16 PM
solid bills pick, just a word on some other picks tho...

Jason Fox in the first round? really, cuz i dont know if he will even go in rd 2. I have a hard time seeing Bengals pass on a WR, and finally Saints fans are gonna rip you apart for giving them a CB (as they should). CB is the least of their worries...If you didnt know who Tracy Porter was before Super Bowl, you do now and Jabbari Greer is a solid underrated cover guy whose lined up across from him.

vidae
02-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Great KC pick and great job explaining it.

FloridaFootball
02-20-2010, 01:18 PM
solid bills pick, just a word on some other picks tho...

Jason Fox in the first round? really, cuz i dont know if he will even go in rd 2. I have a hard time seeing Bengals pass on a WR, and finally Saints fans are gonna rip you apart for giving them a CB (as they should). CB is the least of their worries...If you didnt know who Tracy Porter was before Super Bowl, you do now and Jabbari Greer is a solid underrated cover guy whose lined up across from him.

Alright,

Thanks for the suggestions. Its my first mock this year so I'll get it down come late April.

Unbiased
02-20-2010, 01:18 PM
I don't think Derrick Morgan can play in the 3-4. But then again, I didn't think Robert Ayers would get drafted by a 3-4 team, either.

eagles6606
02-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Can't see the 49ers passing on Haden to take a running back

49erNation85
02-20-2010, 03:16 PM
I agree with Haden be avail at the 9ers pick they gladly pick him up I think . With Gore n Coffee rising up as HB we don't need any more IMO

wicket
02-20-2010, 04:01 PM
32. New Orleans Saints - Kyle Wilson CB Boise State

http://bluejaunte.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/tactical_facepalm.jpg

thebow305
02-20-2010, 05:55 PM
Nice Phins pick.

zachsaints52
02-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Reason for Wilson to Saints pleasE?

FloridaFootball
02-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Reason for Wilson to Saints pleasE?

Well, when making the mock and came to the saints pick I felt the Saints are pretty set on the offensive side of the ball. So defense. Then I felt that wilson was one of the best defensive players still on the board, thats all I really thought about the pick. What would you saint fans suggest? I feel the DT position is good with Ellis, you got Vilma at LB Sharper @ S, and felt you guys could use another CB opposite Porter

wicket
02-20-2010, 08:06 PM
Well, when making the mock and came to the saints pick I felt the Saints are pretty set on the offensive side of the ball. So defense. Then I felt that wilson was one of the best defensive players still on the board, thats all I really thought about the pick. What would you saint fans suggest? I feel the DT position is good with Ellis, you got Vilma at LB Sharper @ S, and felt you guys could use another CB opposite Porter

We have got that guy, his name is greer and he is pretty awesome. The biggest positions of need are: DT (pref NT but since Ellis can play both its not vital), WLB, DEnd and OC. Center will not be adressed in the early rounds though

FloridaFootball
02-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Would Terrence Cody fit in with the Saints? I know Gregg Williams runs a 4-3.

wicket
02-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Would Terrence Cody fit in with the Saints? I know Gregg Williams runs a 4-3.

just give the saints sean weatherspoon, he is still on your board and would fit as a dream. but yeah if the saints have a really unfavourable board remaining cody could happen, not likely though

DeathbyStat
02-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Rather have Earl Thomas for the steelers over Taylor Mays

Pat Sims 90
02-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Iupati is only a good pick if we sign TO if not then we will have to adress WR or TE in 1st

proshoota25
02-20-2010, 09:16 PM
decent patriots pick

zachsaints52
02-21-2010, 12:59 PM
just give the saints sean weatherspoon, he is still on your board and would fit as a dream. but yeah if the saints have a really unfavourable board remaining cody could happen, not likely though

OMG Spoon! I never look to see because I expect him to already be gone, but if Spoon is there he will be our pick.

Go_Eagles77
02-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Very nice eagles pick.

Jerry's World
02-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Bad bucs draft. Eric Berry should be the pick there. Raheem Morris will be taking the guy that will save his job and Berry is the guy.

prock
02-21-2010, 02:22 PM
good vikes mock

toddmlazarchick
02-21-2010, 04:43 PM
What do you expect us to say about Campbell. That we cant stand him? That he is not a franchise QB? Saying that would kill our trade market for him. I dont believe the Shanahan wants Campbell. I think he wants his own QB. Its not hard to agree that Campbell is not a franchise QB. There is a good chance we might not be pick top 5 again for a while. If you dont take one now and need one later you are forced to trade up and lose more picks. You take one now when you are in an easy position to take one.

FloridaFootball
02-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Bad bucs draft. Eric Berry should be the pick there. Raheem Morris will be taking the guy that will save his job and Berry is the guy.

So taking a top 5 talent #1 WR that could make an immediate impact on a struggling buccaneers offense wouldnt make any sense, but they should draft a saftey to save the headcoaches job?...ughh..

marshallb
02-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Very nice Vikings pick.

FloridaFootball
02-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Thanks for all feedback so far.

K Train
02-22-2010, 09:55 PM
steelers will not take mays, hes the opposite of what we need in the secondary....they would take thomas, graham or cody there imo