PDA

View Full Version : RaiderNations Pre Combine Top 32 Prospects

RaiderNation
02-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Bored and thought I havent updated my rankings for awhile. Just want to get this done so I can make changes to them after the combine. I appreciate criticism.

1 Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska
2 Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma
3 Eric Berry DB Tennessee
4 Rolando McClain LB Alabama
5 Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State
6 Joe Haden CB Florida
7 Jason Pierre-Paul DE USF
8 Anthony Davis OT Rutgers
9 Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame
10 Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State
11 Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech
12 Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma
13 Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa
14 Mike Iupati OL Idaho
15 Brandon Graham DE Michigan
16 CJ Spiller RB Clemson
17 Taylor Mays DB USC
18 Trent Williams OT Oklahoma
19 Sean Weatherspoon LB Missouri
20 Dan Williams DT Tennessee
21 Earl Thomas DB Texas
22 Sergio Kindle DE Texas
23 Everson Griffen DE USC
24 Arrelious Benn WR Illinois
25 Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma
26 Vladimir Ducasse OT Massachusetts
27 Carlos Dunlap DE Florida
28 Golden Tate WR Notre Dame
29 Bruce Campbell OT Maryland
30 Brian Price DT UCLA
31 Jahvid Best RB California
32 Kyle Wilson CB Boise State

Holy **** this draft is stacked lol.

In Tier Format

Tier 1
1 Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska
2 Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma
3 Eric Berry DB Tennessee

Tier 2
4 Rolando McClain LB Alabama
5 Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State
6 Joe Haden CB Florida
7 Jason Pierre-Paul DE USF
8 Anthony Davis OT Rutgers
9 Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame
10 Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State

Tier 3
11 Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech
12 Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma
13 Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa
14 Mike Iupati OL Idaho
15 Brandon Graham DE Michigan

Tier 4
16 CJ Spiller RB Clemson
17 Taylor Mays DB USC
18 Trent Williams OT Oklahoma
19 Sean Weatherspoon LB Missouri
20 Dan Williams DT Tennessee
21 Earl Thomas DB Texas
22 Sergio Kindle DE Texas

Tier 5
23 Everson Griffen DE USC
24 Arrelious Benn WR Illinois
25 Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma
26 Vladimir Ducasse OT Massachusetts
27 Carlos Dunlap DE Florida
28 Golden Tate WR Notre Dame

Tier 6
29 Bruce Campbell OT Maryland
30 Brian Price DT UCLA
31 Jahvid Best RB California
32 Kyle Wilson CB Boise State

frubulubu
02-21-2010, 01:13 AM
You got Oakland taking, OT @ #8?

TACKLE
02-21-2010, 01:21 AM
You got Oakland taking, OT @ #8?

This isn't a mock draft.

So RN for stealing your thuder with the Big Board thread. I just saw yours and it gave me the idea. I know you probably wanted thoughts and feedback on yours. Sorry about that.

One thing I did notice is you are very high on both Iupati and Ducasse. I'm not especially high on Iupati but I won't be surprised if he ends up being an elite guard in the NFL. And if he ends up becoming an elite player at his position than he certainly warrants being ranked #14.

FloridaFootball
02-21-2010, 02:06 AM
I'm not bashing your rankings, good job on them BUT...

I really think CJ Spiller should be closer to the mix of the top 10.

BuddyCHRIST
02-21-2010, 05:02 AM
Holy JPP is overrated by the world, I wouldn't spend a first rounder on him.

RealityCheck
02-21-2010, 08:08 AM
You mad???

K Train
02-21-2010, 11:11 AM
bradford, ducasse, and best wouldnt make my list.

bradford=alex smith....same size, abilities, system, shoulder problems

Ducasse=2nd or 3rd round guard prospect, idk who pulled that name out of their ass and everyone else jumped on board

Best is good, i do actually like him idk about top 32 best players though

ThePudge
02-21-2010, 12:32 PM
bradford, ducasse, and best wouldnt make my list.

bradford=alex smith....same size, abilities, system, shoulder problems

Ducasse=2nd or 3rd round guard prospect, idk who pulled that name out of their ass and everyone else jumped on board

Best is good, i do actually like him idk about top 32 best players though

Ducasse is getting a lot of hype because of his sheer size, thickness, length, power, subtle athleticism, and versatility (to play Guard or Right Tackle.) He's a high upside project that I would tend to agree is more of a 2nd-3rd Round talent. Still, big guys that can move and play a number of positions are coveted and he's sure to be overdrafted. I don't think he's near the 26th best player in this draft, but there are situations in which he could be drafted at the tail end of the first round.

Personally, Jermaine Gresham is much lower than where I have his value. You're higher on Rolando McClain that I am, with his value to me coming somewhere between the 10th and 15th picks. Mike Iupati isn't a Top 15 value to me and he struggled to squeeze into my Top 25. I don't think he's drafted earlier than 25th Overall despite all the hype. I already weighed in on Big Vlad, who is much higher on your board than mine.

George Lippard
02-21-2010, 12:34 PM
I really think CJ Spiller should be closer to the mix of the top 10.

++

He is top ten on my big board, don't sleep on Spiller.

RealityCheck
02-21-2010, 12:35 PM

Shut up. Ducasse is actually underrated. He should have been mocked to go in the Top 20 right now.

TACKLE
02-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Shut up. Ducasse is actually underrated. He should have been mocked to go in the Top 20 right now.

Are you serious?

prock
02-21-2010, 12:44 PM

good joke.

K Train
02-21-2010, 12:45 PM

flexing your message board e-muscles by telling me to shut up? nice

no way hes one of the 32 best players, hop off his ****

ThePudge
02-21-2010, 12:50 PM

I have to second TACKLE here, are you serious? Big Vlad didn't have the look of a 1st or 2nd Round pick in Mobile and based on football ability alone he's a 3rd-4th Round pick at best. He needs a good OL coach to help him make the massive jump from DI-AA ball to the NFL. A lot of tools, versatility, the ideal body shape, but a lot of inconsistencies in his game, he doesn't appear quite so nimble in pads, and there have to be big time concerns about his level of competition. He's a Mid 2nd-Early 3rd Round value that could find a spot early because he plays at a premium position with a strong, albeit raw, skill-set.

RealityCheck
02-21-2010, 12:53 PM
Are you serious?
Serious as hell.

The guy's just as good as Iupati, maybe even better. And lots of people have Iupati to the Steelers at #18.

prock
02-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Serious as hell.

The guy's just as good as Iupati, maybe even better. And lots of people have Iupati to the Steelers at #18.

vlad isnt that good. he is only rated highly because he is ****** huge.

ThePudge
02-21-2010, 01:03 PM
Serious as hell.

How is he as good as Iupati? The guy laid an egg in Mobile and didn't succeed in looking like an early round pick. He played a division below Iupati's questionable competition. Sure he's big, and he can move a bit, but what makes him one of the draft's Top 20 players? Saying Ducasse is a Top 20 value is just like saying Campbell is a Top 10 value, neither have put it together on the field, both are likely to be over-drafted because of their position.

frubulubu
02-21-2010, 01:10 PM
flexing your message board e-muscles by telling me to shut up? nice

no way hes one of the 32 best players, hop off his ****

Somehow, us rookies get this treatment around here, lol. We Rookies!

RaiderNation
02-21-2010, 01:11 PM
On the Ducasse subject, I think he is somewhat a project but I have a feeling he will be a good RT or OG atleast in the NFL. With good coaching he could become a starter at LT too.

Im seeing how Spiller times before I rank him higher. If the hype is true that he runs around a 4.3 I will raise him.

Saying JPP is not a first rounder is well.... dumb. If you watch the game film on him he is a legit top 15 player, add in his measurables and he has only been playing football for what 5 years... you could have a monster out there.

ThePudge
02-21-2010, 01:22 PM
On the Ducasse subject, I think he is somewhat a project but I have a feeling he will be a good RT or OG atleast in the NFL. With good coaching he could become a starter at LT too.

Im seeing how Spiller times before I rank him higher. If the hype is true that he runs around a 4.3 I will raise him.

Saying JPP is not a first rounder is well.... dumb. If you watch the game film on him he is a legit top 15 player, add in his measurables and he has only been playing football for what 5 years... you could have a monster out there.

JPP isn't Carlos Dunlap, and he's not necessarily Michael Johnson either, still, to say he's a Top 15 football player is kind of a wild statement. That's saying Pierre-Paul is better on the field than Brandon Graham, Derrick Morgan, Jerry Hughes, etc... We all know that that's not the case. His statistics don't give him all the credit he deserves as he made a good deal of "splash" plays, but his inexperience, his lack of anchor strength, and his hand use leave him a raw, upside project.

JPP did some good things this year for the Bulls and made his presence felt. However, he's definitely further away than you make him out to be if you think what he's done on the field warrants Top 15 selection by itself. He'll likely be chosen between 3rd and 8th Overall, with his floor being Jacksonville at 10 (or 11), but make no mistake, his freaky measurables are most of the reason there. It's hard to isolate his game from his physical tools, because they do show there and he uses his length well and occasionally he'll show some surprising athleticism or power. As I said though, he's going to be drafted based on what you can do with him once you can get him to camp. A truly rare physical skill-set that will be drafted accordingly.

frubulubu
02-21-2010, 01:25 PM
How is he as good as Iupati? The guy laid an egg in Mobile and didn't succeed in looking like an early round pick. He played a division below Iupati's questionable competition. Sure he's big, and he can move a bit, but makes him one of the draft's Top 20 players. Saying Ducasse is a Top 20 value is just like saying Campbell is a Top 10 value, neither have put it together on the field, both are likely to be over-drafted because of their position.

Ducasse, got dominated at the senior bowl. Wht can he do at the combine to improve his stock? With a great workout, he will aww a team, to reach, ala Andy Reid.

RaiderNation
02-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Added the Tier Format used in the other thread

ThePudge
02-21-2010, 01:34 PM
Ducasse, got dominated at the senior bowl. Wht can he do at the combine to improve his stock? With a great workout, he will aww a team, to reach, ala Andy Reid.

It could happen. The guy has long arms, if he puts up an impressive bench number (28+) it could help. There's going to be questions about his feet and ability to play outside, so in drills he's going to have to look very sharp and fluid. The 3-Cone drill should tell us a bit about his foot quickness, ability to move in space, and change direction. His interviews are probably the most important, as he'll have the task of convincing coaches he can play Tackle or Guard. Anything's possible, he's a Bengals/Eagles type lineman (big, versatile, athletic) but he's very raw and more likely to find a suitor in the Mid 2nd I'd say.

BuddyCHRIST
02-21-2010, 03:08 PM
JPP played one year and was inconsistent in that one year. He's long and athletic but a top 10 pick on straight potential is not smart. He could be great sure, but he's wayyyy too boom or bust for me to spend a 1st rounder on. And I don't see how people have him above Morgan who is a beast.

RealityCheck
02-21-2010, 03:18 PM
JPP played one year and was inconsistent in that one year. He's long and athletic but a top 10 pick on straight potential is not smart. He could be great sure, but he's wayyyy too boom or bust for me to spend a 1st rounder on. And I don't see how people have him above Morgan who is a beast.
This is what we have been discussing for months.

BuddyCHRIST
02-21-2010, 04:40 PM
This is what we have been discussing for months.

ok? We might as well just all stop discussing then! Since youve got it handled!