02-20-2010, 08:14 PM
hgggfdddffggggg

dolphinfan2k5
02-20-2010, 08:17 PM
lol @ "you notice"

Can you take Berry as a safety?

Thumper
02-20-2010, 08:18 PM
I think what he is trying to get at is who is a better CB, Eric Berry or Joe Haden.

Joe Haden is the answer IMO.

vidae
02-20-2010, 08:19 PM
I take Haden as a CB. If I draft Berry it's to play safety.

George Lippard
02-20-2010, 08:21 PM
Berry. Easily. He is a better football player, we know that much, so it comes down to his skill set and it transferring to corner.

He has experience at corner, he has proven he can play it at a high level. He has enough size. Great instincts, superb hands. I can't attest to his hips but I've heard they're fluid. He can tackle better than most NFL corners.

V.I.P
02-20-2010, 08:22 PM
I think what he is trying to get at is who is a better CB, Eric Berry or Joe Haden.

Yeah pretty much.

TitanHope
02-20-2010, 08:26 PM
If I run mostly Cover 2/Tampa 2, then Berry.

Anything else, then Haden.

Thumper
02-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Berry. Easily.

How is that Berry 'easily'?

Sure Berry played some corner in college and in high school but he was mainly a FS. And lets face it, a few successful snaps at CB don't mean he can consistently play CB in the NFL where slot receivers are better than most starters at the college level. Personally, I'm taking the guy who played CB at a high level for 3 years, has more athletic ability, has proven he can play with the best and has played future NFL starters consistently in the SEC at CB. I'm taking the guy who is a proven CB over a guy that is being projected at CB.

George Lippard
02-20-2010, 08:29 PM
How is that Berry 'easily'?

Sure Berry played some corner in college and in high school but he was mainly a FS. And lets face it, a few successful snaps at CB don't mean he can consistently play CB in the NFL where slot receivers are better than most starters at the college level. Personally, I'm taking the guy who played CB at a high level for 3 years, has more athletic ability, has proven he can play with the best and has played future NFL starters consistently in the SEC at CB. I'm taking the guy who is a proven CB over a guy that is being projected at CB.

I think Berry's skillset projects well at corner, better than Haden's, as stated above.

I can see PMD is commenting as I speak, I can't wait!

Paranoidmoonduck
02-20-2010, 08:33 PM

Then I have to ask if Berry is rated higher than Haden on your board overall?

Realistically, Berry hasn't played any one position with great regularity. He played all over as a freshman, played free safety as a sophomore, played strong safety as a junior, and took snaps as a nickel corner all three years.

Haden is definitely the more proven, but I don't think he's a better athlete, nor do I think he is going to be as spectacular as I think Berry could be (whether he lands at FS or CB).

So, regardless of where I think Berry is better suited to play, I think he's the best defensive back in this class by a fair margin. If I were drafting for my home team, the Raiders, and were faced with choosing between the two, there's no doubt I would pick Berry, even recognizing that he would very likely be best suited to play cornerback in that defensive scheme.

Thumper
02-20-2010, 08:34 PM
I think Berry's skillset projects well at corner, better than Haden's, as stated above.

You don't like Joe Haden? Thats odd, remember that he was a QB in highschool so he is still growing into his spot and he has rapidly improved all three years at Florida and he was dominant last year IMO and is only going to get better. I'd be interested in hearing why you think Joe Haden will bust.

Personally I think that Earl Thomas translates to corner better than Eric Berry does.

George Lippard
02-20-2010, 08:35 PM
You don't like Joe Haden? Thats odd, remember that he was a QB in highschool so he is still growing into his spot and he has rapidly improved all three years at Florida and he was dominant last year IMO and is only going to get better. I'd be interested in hearing why you think Joe Haden will bust.

Personally I think that Earl Thomas translates to corner better than Eric Berry does.

I never said Haden will bust. I said that Berry would be a better cornerback.

superpack84
02-20-2010, 08:36 PM
If Berry is ranked higher on my board then I take Berry. I'm sure I be able to find a good corner in the 2nd round.

GoRavens
02-20-2010, 08:50 PM
There's more of a risk that Haden will be a bust.
Berry is better.

bored of education
02-20-2010, 08:52 PM
id draft berry, haden is the best cb in this class but not a top 10 player in this draft where as berry is top 3 player in the draft.

P-L
02-20-2010, 08:57 PM
I take Berry because I know that if he doesn't work out at corner for some reason, he's going to be a great safety.

Texas Homer
02-20-2010, 09:08 PM
I'd take Berry at CB over Haden at CB.