02-21-2010, 03:09 AM
FREE AGENT SIGNING:
ST. LOUIS RAMS SIGN QB MICHAEL VICK

TRADES:
St. Louis trades #1 overall to Tampa Bay for picks #3 & #35

Houston trades picks #20 & #146 to Minnesota for picks #30 & #62

First Round
1) Tampa Bay Buccaneers via trade with STL – Ndamukong Suh, DT Nebraska
Tampa Bay desperately needs help with their defense, especially the defensive line. The thought of remaining at three and losing out on Suh and McCoy is too agonizing to bear, so they pull the trigger with St. Louis who is looking to trade out of number one and pick up additional picks. Tampa trades #3 & #35 to St. Louis, and gets the best DT to come out in about a decade.

2) Detroit Lions – Gerald McCoy, DT Oklahoma
Detroit is in a fine position. They too covet one of these two elite defensive tackles, in Suh and McCoy, and are content with the fact that they are guaranteed one of them if they stay put. Detroit gladly snags McCoy.

3) St. Louis Rams via trade with TB – Dez Bryant, WR Oklahoma State
Since St. Louis signed Vick during the offseason they do not need to grab a QB this high and commit a large amount of guaranteed money to a rookie QB (probably the last year there will be such grotesquely large guaranteed money going to first round picks). They could go defense with a player like Berry as the Rams have many needs, but they decide to get Vick a new weapon for the offense.

4) Washington Redskins – Russell Okung, OT Oklahoma State
Normally Dan Snyder could not resist making the splashy pick and grabbing a QB like Clausen in this spot, but lucky for Redskins fans, I do believe Snyder will defer to the decisions of Allen/Shanahan, at least for this year. Allen and Shanahan know that no QB will survive behind that Skins line as is, especially if Samuels injury is career threatening. They make the smart pick and grab Okung – their LT for the next decade.

5) Kansas City Chiefs – Eric Berry, S Tennessee
Kansas City has a tough choice here between either McClain and Berry. There are very solid arguments for both, I simply pick Berry cause I believe his stock will rise after the combines, and McClain’s will drop.

6) Seattle Seahawks – Joe Haden, CB Florida
Seattle could go many ways here. They could grab a QB, either Clausen or Brafford, as Hasselbeck’s eventual replacement, but there is good chance one will be available with their second first round pick. It is a gamble but they take it. Their defense needs help with pass-rushers and in the secondary. Carroll could address the secondary by bringing his fellow Trojan, Mays, to Seattle, but in the end decides on Haden. Seattle grabs their shutdown cornerback, cause Warner may have retired but Fitzgerald hasn’t.

7) Cleveland Browns – Anthony Davis, OT Rutgers
Again, this is another very feasible spot for either Clausen or Bradford to go, but I believe they both will continue to drop farther. Neither is working out at the combine, plus the lower they drop the less guaranteed money going to the QB position. The safer pick to invest this guaranteed money (again probably the last year they will be this high) is in the offensive line. Selecting Anthony Davis and pairing him up with Joe Thomas will give Quinn or whatever QB is behind that line excellent protection and at least a fighting chance to be successful.

8) Oakland Raiders – Bruce Campbell OT Maryland
Trying to predict what the Raiders will do in a draft can make one’s brain bleed. Al Davis might go his normal route and draft solely on his love affair with speed and strength numbers, and could very well grab Jason Pierre-Paul here, but I think everything in the Raider's house of cards is built around the theory that JaMarcus Russell is not a bust. They, in their devout adherence to this theory, do draft some offensive line help, and it doesn’t hurt that Bruce Campbell’s workout numbers will probably get Al’s blood racing as well.

9) Buffalo Bills – Rolando McClain, ILB Alabama
Could grab an OT tackle here as well, but they can probably grab a decent OT in the second round. An inside LB like McClain being there, not a chance.

10) Denver Broncos – Jason Pierre-Paul, DE South Florida
Denver is really upset McClain just went the pick before them. Still focus on the defensive side of the ball and grab JPP

11) Jacksonville Jaguars – Derrick Morgan, De Georgia Tech
12) Miami Dolphins – Sergio Kindle, OLB Texas
13) San Francisco 49ers – Bryan Bulaga, OT Iowa
14) Seattle Seahawks – Jimmy Clausen, QB Notre Dame
15) New York Giants – Trent Williams, OT Oklahoma
16) Tennessee Titans – Carlos Dunlap, DE Florida
17) San Francisco 49ers – Mike Iupati, OG Idaho
18) Pittsburgh Steelers – Taylor Mays, S USC
19) Atlanta Falcons – Sean Weatherspoon, OLB Missouri
20) Minnesota Vikings via trade with HOU – Sam Bradford, QB Okalhoma
21) Cincinnati Bengals – Jermaine Gresham, TE Oklahoma
22) New England Patriots – Dan Williams, DT Tennessee
23) Green Bay Packers – Kyle Wilson, CB Boise State
24) Philadelphia Eagles – Earl Thomas, S Texas
25) Baltimore Ravens – Arrelious Benn, WR Illinois
26) Arizona Cardinals – Brandon Graham, DE/OLB Michigan
27) Dallas Cowboys – Golden Tate, WR Notre Dame
28) San Diego Chargers – CJ Spiller, RB Clemson
29) New York Jets – Perrish Cox, CB Oklahoma State
30) Houston Texans via trade with MIN – Brandon LaFell, WR LSU
31) Indianapolis Colts – Jared Odrick, DT Penn State
32) New Orleans Saints – Brian Price, DT UCLA

Second Round
33) St. Louis Rams – Everson Griffen, DE USC
34) Detroit Lions – Patrick Robinson, CB Florida State
35) St. Louis Rams via trade with TB – Jahvid Best, RB California
36) Kansas City Chiefs – Terrence Cody, DT Alabama
37) Washington Redskins – Colt McCoy, QB Texas
38) Cleveland Browns – Tim Tebow, QB Florida
39) Oakland Raiders – Rodger Saffold, OG Indiana
40) Seattle Seahawks – Vladimir Ducasse, OT Massachusetts
41) Buffalo Bills – Charles Brown, OT USC
42) New England Patriots – Jerry Hughes, DE/OLB Texas Christian
43) Miami Dolphins – Brandon Spikes, ILB Florida
44) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Greg Hardy, DE Ole Miss
45) Denver Broncos – Maurkice Pouncey, C Florida
46) New York Giants – Chad Jones, S LSU
47) Carolina Panthers – Ricky Sapp, DE Clemson
48) New England Patriots – Eric Norwood, OLB South Carolina
49) San Francisco 49ers – Mardy Gilyard, WR Cincinnati
50) Kansas City Chiefs – Daryl Washington, ILB Texas Christian
51) Houston Texans – Jonathon Dwyer, RB Georgia Tech
52) Pittsburgh Steelers – Dominique Franks, CB Oklahoma
53) New England Patriots – Rob Gronkowski, TE Arizona
54) Cincinnati Bengals – Demaryius Thomas, WR Georgia Tech
55) Philadelphia Eagles – Corey Wooten, DE Northwestern
56) Green Bay Packers – Jason Fox, OT Miami
57) Baltimore Ravens – Kareem Jackson, CB Alabama
58) Arizona Cardinals – Nate Allen, S South Florida
59) Dallas Cowboys – Brandon Ghee, CB Wake Forest
60) San Diego Chargers – Koa Misi, DE/OLB Utah
61) New York Jets – Jermaine Cunningham, DE Florida
62) Houston Texans via trade with MIN – Devin McCourty, CB Rutgers
63) Indianapolis Colts – JD Walton, C Baylor
64) New Orleans Saints – Aaron Hernandez, TE Florid

thebow305
02-21-2010, 03:21 AM
Nice Phins draft.

akvikefan89
02-21-2010, 03:28 AM
I would actually be totally down for #30 and #62 for Bradford. Nice.

stl9erfan
02-21-2010, 04:33 AM
Good Niners picks. No complaints.

wicket
02-21-2010, 05:27 AM
please change the saints second rounder to novorro bowman, picking a TE makes little sense and bowman is both great need and value

AkiliSmith
02-21-2010, 06:24 AM
The Bengals are absolutely not drafting a tight end in the 1st round.

zachsaints52
02-21-2010, 08:25 AM
please change the saints second rounder to novorro bowman, picking a TE makes little sense and bowman is both great need and value

What he said, and Vicks not a FA?

proshoota25
02-21-2010, 11:23 AM
i hate repeating this to everyone, but norwood is not a fit in our system. he is way undersized to play rush backer for the pats

prock
02-21-2010, 11:33 AM
LOVE it. perfect vikings mock.

BaLLiN
02-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Jimmy Clausen falling that far? I doubt it, Trent Williams is not worth #15 and great 2nd round pick in Chad Jones

T-RICH49
02-21-2010, 12:11 PM
would prefer Ducasse or Pouncey over Cody

fed36
02-21-2010, 12:18 PM
What he said, and Vicks not a FA?

The eagles have not exorcised their option on VIck yet. If they do he is do 5 to 6 million this year. The Eagles could very well not pick up the option making a VIck a free agent.

RealityCheck
02-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Good job with the trades. Not a fan of the Williams pick since we just drafted Ron Brace, but if we lose Wilfork, then maybe.

vidae
02-21-2010, 12:36 PM
would prefer Ducasse or Pouncey over Cody

This. Berry and Washington are great picks, but give us either Ducasse or Pouncey in the second to help our interior OL and that is a very good draft for KC.

_YL_
02-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Love Oaklands draft.Especially the second round pick

21ST
02-21-2010, 12:48 PM
Good pick in the first but Vladimir Ducasse would be a much better pick in the 2nd round for the redskins

RaiderNation
02-21-2010, 12:48 PM
Would rather go JPP or Bulaga in the 1st. Also would rather have Vlad in the 2nd

Go_Eagles77
02-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Love the first round pick, as for the second, I don't love Wooten, but I'm ok with it.

49erNation85
02-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Nice 9ers pick again only in the first round , sadly if we pick another WR I think we should go after Cooper or maybe go after Tebow , we still need help in both areas . I do like the the OT picks as that is our main needs right now :D

Jerry's World
02-21-2010, 01:26 PM
I like the Bucs draft and can only hope it happens, but give us Coorey Wooten over Greg Hardy. Hardy has injury issues and posses a problem especially if we need him. Wooten fits our system alot better than Hardy.

marshallb
02-22-2010, 09:19 AM
LOVE it. perfect vikings mock.

Yup. I'd be very happy with that trade.

K Train
02-22-2010, 09:21 AM
im giving up on the steelers if they follow up evander hood with taylor mays, i cant even describe the rage i would have.

i like franks though

FlyingElvis
02-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Interesting . . . no Dunlap making it to NE? lol

Norwood is way undersized. Graham is a beast and even he may not be a consideration b/c he's 6'1, so Norwood not even reaching 6'1 is very unlikely.

Gilyard instead there would be a nice complement to NE's offense & special teams. Plus he adds some depth for the Moss-less future.

DiG
02-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Good pick in the first but Vladimir Ducasse would be a much better pick in the 2nd round for the redskins

almost anyone would be better than colt mccoy in the 2nd.

Pat Sims 90
02-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Doubt we take a TE in the 1st

Thomas is a nice pick in the 2nd

PhysicalwithanF
02-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Im down with the all Oline first round for the Niners..and i like Gilyard..nice job.

thenewfeature06
02-22-2010, 02:00 PM
If we do draft Campbell at 8, and Ducassee is still there in the second look for him there or even Greg Hardy, and it looks to me like Warren isn't in your mock he is first round talent and if we was tehre at 2 Id want him.

Diehard
02-22-2010, 06:45 PM
yes, JPP would be a great pick in the first. i bet he'd keep the bench extremely warm.

Yeah, I'm not even sure what position he'd address. He's not playing with his hand down in a 3 man front, and 3-4 OLB seems like a major stretch as well.

IMO, his value is in a 4 man front where he can just go after the QB.

bucfan12
02-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Tampa Bay is NOT going to trade up with St. Louis.

Mark Dominik will not give up 1 of 2 2nd round picks. We need to come out of this draft with 2 solid WRs, UT, DE , CB and S that can immediately contribute.

In the 1st round , the Bucs are either going to stand pat and see if McCoy drops because if the Rams are interested in moving down, they just basically tipped their hand in that they aren't interested in a Dlineman with hte top pick and takin 3rd dlineman in the past 4 years.

2nd, I'm really thinking that Detroit is going to garner interest in a franchise LT. Okung is clearly the best LT in this draft and they know that there isn't a LT that will be around in the 2nd round where they pick, when there is a chance they can deal their 2nd round pick for a guy like Glenn Dorsey or take Odrick, who would be there in the 2nd.

If both DT's are gone at 1 and 2, Tampa is most likely to trade down with Seattle at 6, Buffalo at 9 or San Fransico at 13 and pick up extra picks.

Menardo75
02-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Don't care for the Niner mock very much. Trent Williams is great if we lose Baas in FA then Iupati would be ok, but if he stays we should go safety given your board. Gilyard is not a good pick WR is not a big need what so ever. If you were putting him there because he can help us in the return game give us a back that can return kicks.

STsACE
02-26-2010, 09:28 AM
Tebow in the 2nd?

Do you hate the Browns?

Patriots_QB_12
02-27-2010, 12:40 AM
I dont think the Pats would draft a DT in the first round after they franchise tagged Wilfork and drafted Ron Brace last year.