PDA

View Full Version : Scar's 7 round mock!! (2-21-2010)

scar988
02-21-2010, 10:50 AM
http://www.westsportsreport.com/nfl/scotts-mock-draft-2-21-2010
check out the link, it's my latest mock. CnC appreciated!

Unbiased
02-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Great Jacksonville mock. I would take Colt McCoy in round 5, though instead of the OLB. And Reshad Jones would play next to Gerald Alexander, not Reggie Nelson.

proshoota25
02-21-2010, 11:19 AM
not the biggest fan of the patriots draft. cunningham is a reach is the 2nd. btw, theres no way detroit passes on gerald mccoy

billsfootball15
02-21-2010, 11:23 AM
zac robinson? in the 3rd? i wanna barf...

Rosebud
02-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Berry would be incredible and Spikes understandable but we need a lot of help at DT, just grabbing Mitchell isn't enough, if you were to give us Vince Oghobaase in the third and Lamarr Houston in the 4th that'd be pretty sweet. Add Eric Olsen in the 5th and james starks in the 6th and that draft wraps up nicely. As is we severely neglect our biggest need at DT. As for our RT situation we already have someone to challenge McKenzie, his name is Guy Whimper and he's only excelled every single time he's seen the field at either tackle spot.

prock
02-21-2010, 11:33 AM
not a ****** vikings draft, it covers all needs, but i dont like most of the players.

BaLLiN
02-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Giants Draft:
1. Eric Berry
2. Brandon Spikes

ZOMGZ Boner

3-7. average at best

Wader_niners49
02-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Probably the best 49ers draft I have ever seen. Only pouncey is the pick that i dont love. Other than that, I dont think there will be any better than this.

zachsaints52
02-21-2010, 12:48 PM
Based on where your guys end up, here is how I would want the Saints to draft:
1. Pouncey (Reach? Yes. But with whose there its my pick)
2. Hardy
3. Smith is fine
4. Currian
6.Sharptons fine
7. Demarcus Granger

Basically you have the positions right, but With the way it falls here is who Id want to have. Good effort though.

vidae
02-21-2010, 01:02 PM
1(5) - Rolando McClain - Great pick.

2(37) - Taylor Mays - Interesting pick. Can't say I'd hate Mays at that spot.

2(51) - Selvish Capers - I'm a little meh on Capers. I'd prefer Fox there, but at least the OL is addressed.

3(69) - Akwasi Owusu-Ansah - The first pick I don't really like. CB is a need (for depth mostly) but it's not a glaring need that needs to be addressed in the first three rounds.

4(104) - O'Brien Schofield - I love this pick. We need pass rushers opposite Hali, and I think he could be good.

5(136) - Jacoby Ford - WR is a need and I like Ford. Good spot to snag him too.

5(143) - Kade Weston - I love this pick. We could groom Weston to be the NT of the future.

5(147) - Thomas Austin - Solid pick. We need interior OL, I just wish it was addressed before this.

6(174) - Montario Hardesty - Great pick. We need someone to take some carries from Jamaal Charles and be that third down back. I'm not sure about Javarrus Williams and Kolby Smith gets injured a lot.

Overall I'd give you a B for this Chiefs draft. I'd definitely take Mike Johnson over Akwasi in a split second, because we have decent CB depth right now. The rest of the picks are solid.

Props for a 7 rounder.

Go_Eagles77
02-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Solid eagles mock, fills all our needs.

stl9erfan
02-21-2010, 02:44 PM
I like the first round for the Niners and Mike Johnson in the 3rd is fine, but I think you're underrating Heitmann at center-- he and Staley are by far our best linemen at this point-- he's not a guy we need to replace anytime soon so the Pouncey pick in the second doesn't make much sense. Also, I think it's much more likely that Chilo Rachal has a longterm future as a starter than David Baas.

wicket
02-21-2010, 03:04 PM
32) New Orleans Saints – DE Everson Griffen – 6′3″ 265 – Southern California =>The New Orleans Saints, while world Champions, still have some issues with their pass rush. Will Smith had an excellent year posting 13 sacks in his new niche in the Gregg Williams defense. But they didn’t get anything from Charles Grant. In Griffen, they will get a great pass rusher and solid run defender who will only improve under the Gregg Williams philiosphies.

37) Kansas City Chiefs – SS Taylor Mays – 6′3″ 231 – Southern California

64) New Orleans Saints – OLB Roddrick Muckelroy – 6′2″ 236 – Texas => The Saints still have holes on defense despite winning the Super Bowl. OLB is one of those holes, specifically WLB. Muckelroy is a great fit for Gregg Williams’ style of defense at the WLB spot and should be the best pick for the Saints here.

3rd Round
65) St. Louis Rams – DE Greg Hardy – 6′4″ 279 – Ole Miss => The Rams have holes all over their team, but one of the holes is on the DL across from Chris Long. With Suh and now Hardy the Rams have upgraded their DL tremendously.

96) New Orleans Saints – DT D’Anthony Smith – 6′2″ 300 – Louisiana Tech => New Orleans needs someone to play next to Sedrick Ellis in their defense. D’Anthony Smith, while small, has the tools to be a 3-4 NT and should fit well at NT in the Saints’ defense.
131) New Orleans Saints – WR Jordan Shipley – 6′0″ 195 – Texas
132) St. Louis Rams – OLB Rennie Curran – 5′11″ 220 – Georgia
201) New Orleans Saints – LB Darryl Sharpton – 6′0″ 229 – Miami (FL)
235) New Orleans Saints – C Ted Larsen – 6′3″ 302 – North Carolina State

As you can see by my dream draft I like griffen with the saints first, however the value of mays might be to good to pass up on.
I dont like muckleroy and I think he doesnt fit all that well as a 43 wlb, hence I dont like the pick but it does make sense. If you give the saints mays in the first however, hardy should become the pick.

third rounder is fine

fourth rounder I hate, saints are all set @ receiver and I dont see it with shipley, even if a receiver would be chosen it should be demaryius thomas, not shipley but to make it easier, the pick should be rennie curran.

I like the sixth rounder and dont mind the sevent rounder although I usually always prefer picking players that play a position you have a lot of on a roster like wideout, corner, OTackle, linebacker, you get the point. Makes it possible for them to make the roster and develope if the taletn is there.

Overall it is a good job on the 7 rounder but you just missed out on making it a really good one for the saints imo.

wicket
02-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Based on where your guys end up, here is how I would want the Saints to draft:
1. Pouncey (Reach? Yes. But with whose there its my pick)
2. Hardy
3. Smith is fine
4. Currian
6.Sharptons fine
7. Demarcus Granger

Basically you have the positions right, but With the way it falls here is who Id want to have. Good effort though.

please no to pouncey, I dont get why people rate him as a potential first rounder, just dont get it

Pat Sims 90
02-21-2010, 04:21 PM
1.Brandon Lafell- Not a Good Pick we need a WR with decent hands our WRs and TEs had a lot of drops this year we dont need to add another to the mix.

2.Nate Allen- Is a good pick but i think he would line up next to Crocker not Ndukwe.

3a.Aaron Hernandez- Is a horriable pick we dont need a H Back Coffman could fill that role if we needed one. We need a good allround TE

3b.Patrick Stoudarmire- Is a horriable pick not only is he a reach but we got Trent last year and he played solid at Nickel all year expect for one game.

4.Donald Butler- Is a ok pick always could use depth at LB

5.Dorin Dickerson- Is a ok pick

6.Reggie Stevens- Is a decent pick could replace B Williams when he retires

7.Aaron Webster- Is ok would fight for a special teams spot

redbills
02-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Davis-Levitre-Hangartner-Wood-Chambers
I doubt Cambers would start over Jamon.
Not a big fan of Norwood in R2.
Zac Robinson, ha, nice joke.
Ekom Udofia, who? Did you just make a plyer up?
D.Thomas, good pick.
Pawelek, need ILB depth, but Cam Thomas would be a hell of a lot better.
Deaderick, 34 DE good, but I'd rather pick a 34 DE over Zac and get Skelton here.
Ulatoski, meh, Andre Dixon.
Kyle Jolly, who?
Lyle Hitt, see above

akvikefan89
02-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Don't like the Vikings first round pick. Bad fit for what we need.

All the rest look good.

CJSchneider
02-21-2010, 06:33 PM
32) New Orleans Saints – DE Everson Griffen

I am happy if this is the pick. I will agree though, Mays may be hard to pass up.

64) New Orleans Saints – OLB Roddrick Muckelroy

I like "muck" I even drafted him in an earlier forum mock this year, but that was in the 3rd round I would have wished you went with Vince Oghobaase who I think you have a tad too low, but...

96) New Orleans Saints – DT D’Anthony Smith

...you made the pick for a DT here and when looking at those first 3 picks, I really like what I see. The all fit needs and would ajust well to Williams' defensive team concept.

131) New Orleans Saints – WR Jordan Shipley

No doubt a great talent and the BPA at that point, but with guys like Kam Chancellor, Joe McKnight, Jeff Owens and Toby Gerhart still available, and WR not being a huge need for us, it may be time to trade down and acquire some picks.

201) New Orleans Saints – LB Darryl Sharpton

Good depth pick.

235) New Orleans Saints – C Ted Larsen

Good depth pick, but TE Richard Dickson out of LSU may also be an option if depth picks are being made.

Abaddon
02-21-2010, 09:14 PM
8) Oakland Raiders – OT Bruce Campbell – 6′7″ 310 – Maryland

Over Davis and Bulaga? Questionable.

40) Oakland Raiders – OLB Navorro Bowman – 6′1″ 232 – Penn State

Still don't need a weakside LB.

72) Oakland Raiders – QB Tony Pike – 6′6″ 212 – Cincinnati

I like Pike, but not for the current situation. With Russell and Gradkowski around, the 3rd QB needs to be a veteran, not another developmental guy.

86) Oakland Raiders (from New England) – DT Geno Atkins – 6′1″ 286 – Georgia

What on earth would lead you to believe that a 280 pound UT could bulk up and be a NT? That makes less than no sense.

107) Oakland Raiders – OG Mitch Petrus – 6′3″ 314 – Arkansas

Fits a need. Not sure about the value, though.

139) Oakland Raiders – DE Danny Batten – 6′4″ 250 – South Dakota State

Another undersized DL. Meh.

158) Oakland Raiders (from Dallas via New England and Denver) – S Kurt Coleman – 5′10″ 187 – Ohio Stae

A 5'10, 187# safety. Doesn't really fit the bill of what the Raiders look for in a safety, even this late in the draft.

211) Oakland Raiders – LB Kion Wilson – 6′0″ 232 – South Florida

Too small to start, and Oakland already employs LBs who work almost exclusively on STs. No value at all here.

Overall, a very poor Raiders draft.

futureshock
02-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Hate your mock for the Lions. The team is bare and need help everywhere but QB.

The only BPA pick pick is in the second round. Okung isn't even in the discussion as the second best player. The FO has already stated, and shown, that they will go BPA (outside of QB) with each pick.

You hit the "needs" but you don't understand their "plan."

DiG
02-21-2010, 09:19 PM
if shanahan believes in clausen then ill accept that pick. i dont think he will though.

i dont understand how vlad makes a good prospect at LT in shanahans zbs. for me he projects more at rt or even inside at guard in shanahans styled offense. i like vlad i just dont see him playing lt for the skins at any point in his career.

van eskeridge in the 4th is a real reach. another prospect i like but wont be any sort of impact in the nfl for at least 2-3 years and i cant imagine he wouldnt be available in the 5th or even 6th round.

perry riley is an ok pick.

overall id give this skins draft a C-.

jCut
02-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Average Denver draft. Most of the picks seem like reaches. The only pick I really like is Mardy Gilyard.

Canadian_draft_fan
02-21-2010, 10:56 PM
For the Skins, I agree with D30. I just don't see the Skins taking Eskridge in the 4th. If you're going to give the Skins FS there Major Wright is much better value.

thebow305
02-22-2010, 01:42 AM
Decent Phins draft.

Poz51
02-22-2010, 08:50 AM
1st round - LOVE Davis
I think Meredith would be the starting RT in that situation, Chambers is complete garbage, I do not understand how he is still in the NFL, he should be a backed up D-1RT. Still need depth at T after Davis and Meredith at this point, but Davis is a great pick for Buffalo.
2nd round - Norwood
Personally I like the pick, many Bills fans dont, but having him seen play in several games over the last two years, I believe he would fit in the 3-4 perfectly. Good Pick.
3rd Round - Robinson
Im lost... Reasoning makes some sense, but Robinson in the 3rd?? Thats a huge reach IMO. HUGE... There are tons of players that are better values and fill needs (like you said there are plenty), and even Javon Snead who you have in the forth round makes more sense, especially with a strong arm like Gailey said he wants.
4th - Udofina
Im speachless, only saw a couple Stanford games and never noticed him, this is the first time I have heard or seen his name drafted in any mock, and with Carrington, Micah Johnson, and Cam Thomas still available amongst others dont see it from a need, value, or any other stand point... Position is solid, but not sure about the player at all, any insight would... Help??
5th - D. Thomas
Shocking to me that he would fall past the 3rd round, especially to the 5th? LOVE THE PICK After wasting the previous two picks IMO, this would certainly make up for it.
6th - Pawelek, Deaderick
With Posluszny manning one ILB, Buffalo needs a thumper type in the middle next to him IMO, and Pawelek does not have the size or strength to fill that role IMO at all.
Like the Deaderick pick alot! Good rotational player, with playmaking ability when he does play with starting potential down the road. Excellent pick from every perspective.
7th - Ulatowski, Jolly, Hitt
Ulatowski is a solid value, and provides good depth, Jolly I could do with out especially with Saffold miraculously still being available, and being able to provide depth a guard as well as tackle, Hitt?? Umm.. OK...

Thought it was interesting overall, better than your last seven rounder, and props for a seven rounder in general, 5 rounds is a pain in the ars, seven is commendable :D

AkiliSmith
02-22-2010, 08:58 AM
I like Cincy's 1st two picks, although I like Benn more than LaFell. Hernandez does not fit the offense at all. Saffold (who I see as more of a 3rd rounder than 7th) and Asamoah would be much better picks. Stoudamire seems like more of a later round pick too although I don't know much about him. Everything else is fine but I think they take a DT at some point.