PDA

View Full Version : Would Lions pass on...

RWills
02-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Either DT prospect to take an OT. Stafford was getting hit way to much and I really dont see any value at the top of round 2. I see Okung-Davis-Bulaga-Williams-Campbell-Brown all being taken in round 1.

Would they take either Davis or Okung to help protect their franchise? I realize that D-Line and CB are their other major needs. You factor in the bust rate for top DT's and that there is better DT value in round 2,3 than there are OT's in my opinion. Add the rumours of Dorsey coming in trade who would probably cost a 3rd and conditional 2011 pick. I do see them going hard after Vanden-Bosch in FA.

Discuss...

stephenson86
02-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Not a chance

wicket
02-21-2010, 04:07 PM
nope, I might see them trading up to take 1 late first if someone decent falls though

V.I.P
02-21-2010, 04:09 PM
They passed on Michael Oher last year so yeah i doubt they take an OT.

TACKLE
02-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Absolutely not. Their DT need is probably bigger than LT and they get WAY better value if they go with Suh or McCoy.

RealityCheck
02-21-2010, 04:14 PM
No, but I'd like to see Okung on DET.

RaiderNation
02-21-2010, 04:33 PM
If Anthony Davis impresses them alot I could see them taking him. I dont see Okung going that early. They should just take w/e DT they can get

Prowler
02-21-2010, 04:36 PM
no way. backus is viewed by the coaching staff as a pro bowl caliber player.

prock
02-21-2010, 04:43 PM
I can see Detroit passing on all of those guys for Dez Bryant. ****, sorry, forgot Millen was gone...

bearsfan_51
02-21-2010, 04:46 PM
no way. backus is viewed by the coaching staff as a pro bowl caliber player.
Haha....oh Detroit.....

RealityCheck
02-21-2010, 04:49 PM
I can see Detroit passing on all of those guys for Dez Bryant. ****, sorry, forgot Millen was gone...
Still... The problem may not be Millen, but the Detroit Lions organization has a fetish for WRs at #2.

LickaMahfeetz
02-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Still... The problem may not be Millen, but the Detroit Lions organization has a fetish for WRs at #2.
No, the problem definitely was Millen.

FUNBUNCHER
02-21-2010, 04:53 PM
When you're picking in the top 5, unless you've got a franchise QB already, a good rule of thumb is to take the BPA. Reaching that high for a player usually ends badly.

With the money being paid to those top 5 players along with the expectation that said player should develop into one of the best at his position in the NFL, I gotta take the guy who deserves to be selected, not the position I need filled, per se.

IMO the top 6 prospects in any draft are fluid, and most teams 'reach' for players and don't always go for the BPA. The best example of this is the QB position; rarely are the guys selected in the top 10 at QB the best players overall in the draft regardless of position.

OTackle is almost becoming like the QB position in that guys who seem like potential starters with a decent upside and athleticism are overdrafted in the top 10.

Shane P. Hallam
02-21-2010, 04:55 PM
The Lions organization showed last year that their draft gameplan is going BPA and not filling needs per say. I don't think any OT will be higher on the big boards than one of the DTs.

TitanHope
02-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Schwartzy's DEF needs that Haynesworth-esque difference maker on the DL to thrive. He'd be a fool to pass that up, and I don't think of the man as a fool.

prock
02-21-2010, 05:05 PM

Because they have drafted so many there before and after Millen...

regoob2
02-21-2010, 05:22 PM
I cant see it happening in this draft. Suh and McCoy are so much better then whoever the top OT is.

Addict
02-21-2010, 05:33 PM
no way. Absolutely no way. We have a GM who seems to grasp the basic idea of drafting, a head coach who like no other understands the value of a All-star DT (Schwartz had Haynesworth, 'member?) and I swear to god if the Lions screw this up I'm starting auditions for the vacancy of 'favourite team'.

prock
02-21-2010, 05:45 PM
no way. Absolutely no way. We have a GM who seems to grasp the basic idea of drafting, a head coach who like no other understands the value of a All-star DT (Schwartz had Haynesworth, 'member?) and I swear to god if the Lions screw this up I'm starting auditions for the vacancy of 'favourite team'.

Minnesota is a good place to start. We are very sympathetic to deprived fan bases. You would be welcomed in with open arms :)

K Train
02-21-2010, 06:18 PM
they are high on sammie lee hill ast DT and are losing confidence in backus finally.

im not as high on mccoy as everyone else, i cant see him being a lock at the #2 spot...but i could see them trading for dorsey swapping firsts with KC and maybe throwing in a 3rd rounder or something so they could get another DT and still land okung, just some rumors floating around but i think it would be awesome for both teams....dorsey gets to show his stuff in a 43, KC can draft mccoy to pair up with jackson as some stud 34 ends and detroit gets a blind side protector for stafford and hopefully cherilus continues to improve on the right

Addict
02-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Minnesota is a good place to start. We are very sympathetic to deprived fan bases. You would be welcomed in with open arms :)

you're too kind.

Addict
02-21-2010, 06:22 PM
they are high on sammie lee hill ast DT and are losing confidence in backus finally.

im not as high on mccoy as everyone else, i cant see him being a lock at the #2 spot...but i could see them trading for dorsey swapping firsts with KC and maybe throwing in a 3rd rounder or something so they could get another DT and still land okung, just some rumors floating around but i think it would be awesome for both teams....dorsey gets to show his stuff in a 43, KC can draft mccoy to pair up with jackson as some stud 34 ends and detroit gets a blind side protector for stafford and hopefully cherilus continues to improve on the right

Sammie Lee Hill is one of the two defensive tackles we'll need, is very raw still at this point and we have NOTHING on the defensive line. Schwartz runs a shceme that relies on the defensive line bringing the pressure, no crazy blitzes or anything. So we need a solid line.

Besides Okung is not worth a #2 overall draft pick and McCoy and Suh are miles ahead of anyone else in the class talent wise. Your analysis of Okung over McCoy I feel is more wishful thinking than anything else. No way Schwartz and Mayhew pass on drafting one of the two most dominant DT's to come out in recent history.

Prowler
02-21-2010, 06:24 PM
literally nobody is losing confidence in backus. most people have had zero confidence in him for years, but if anything he's on an upswing.

bearsfan_51
02-21-2010, 06:30 PM
How could you lose confidence in Backus? Why would anyone ever have confidence in him in the first place? He sucks and he's always sucked. Stafford is going to get killed again next year.

K Train
02-21-2010, 06:32 PM
literally nobody is losing confidence in backus. most people have had zero confidence in him for years, but if anything he's on an upswing.

this is a piece from an article i read a while back

The Lions might be starting to realize that OLT Jeff Backus is not a long-term solution at the position. Backus has been rumored for almost a year perhaps to be moving to left guard, but the problem is that there is no one on the roster to take Backus' OLT spot. Expect finding a top-shelf left tackle to be near the top of priorities for the offseason, which would allow Backus to challenge at left guard - another trouble spot all season.

im not sure of the source it wasnt posted on the forum, but its just food for thought.

Addict
02-21-2010, 06:38 PM
If they draft okung with suh or mccoy on the board I'll fly to detroit, lock Martin Mayhew inside Ford Field and burn that mother down.

He'll I'll impale Matt Millen and roast him like a marshmellow just to spite him while I'm at it.

K Train
02-21-2010, 06:40 PM
see im extremely on the suh bandwagon, not so much mccoy.

i think they best thing that could happen for them is getting dorsey and landing okung at 5...maybe its wishful thinking, but it sounds good lol

EvilNixon
02-21-2010, 06:56 PM
If my team had a franchise QB(JaMarcus... :( ), I'd do everything to make sure he suceeds. I don't see how he can do that with that terrible O-line he has(and that's coming from a fan of a team with Cornell "Hold,false start, make sure we can't get any offensive rhythm" Green starting.

Bruce Campbell might be there in the second, but I don't see Detroit trading up as they need those picks.

Scotty D
02-21-2010, 07:33 PM
We got killed by interior guard play more than from the OT position last year. Peterman went down early in the season and we didn't have a starter at LG from the start.

As Jbond said the staff drafts on BPA while not completely ignoring need.

wordofi
02-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Either DT prospect to take an OT. Stafford was getting hit way to much and I really dont see any value at the top of round 2. I see Okung-Davis-Bulaga-Williams-Campbell-Brown all being taken in round 1.

Would they take either Davis or Okung to help protect their franchise? I realize that D-Line and CB are their other major needs. You factor in the bust rate for top DT's and that there is better DT value in round 2,3 than there are OT's in my opinion. Add the rumours of Dorsey coming in trade who would probably cost a 3rd and conditional 2011 pick. I do see them going hard after Vanden-Bosch in FA.

Discuss...

If they pass on McCoy or Suh, they will regret it deeply. They can get a left tackle in round 2.

bearsfan_51
02-21-2010, 07:44 PM
What makes people think the Lions draft BPA because they took a TE over Oher? Maybe they are just dumb.

Every team says they draft BPA.

Scotty D
02-21-2010, 08:01 PM
What makes people think the Lions draft BPA because they took a TE over Oher? Maybe they are just dumb.

Lots of teams passed on Oher. There were concerns over his intelligence. I'd also point to the Louis Delmas pick to show they pick BPA. And you are trying to call the front office dumb? They had an amazing draft class last year.

Prowler
02-21-2010, 08:24 PM
and i'm kinda tired of the oher comments. he's not even one of the top 20 LTs in the NFL. when he moves to LT then makes a pro bowl then we can talk about pettigrew and oher.

and yes the lions line is horrible and needs 3-5 new starters, but not with the way our front office is thinking right now. most of the talk about backus is fan or media generated.

bearsfan_51
02-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Lots of teams passed on Oher. There were concerns over his intelligence. I'd also point to the Louis Delmas pick to show they pick BPA. And you are trying to call the front office dumb? They had an amazing draft class last year.
Oh so amazing how the Lions won 2 games last year. How could I possibly question the obvious genius that is Martin Mayhew?

They produced a few picks who show promise. Amazing? Only to a Lions fan.

Shane P. Hallam
02-21-2010, 08:31 PM

Not just Oher, but taking Delmas when safety wasn't the biggest need, and I'd argue the same for Levy and Williams. Add in my feelings that Lee Hill and Murtha were also a similar situation and it looks like they are following the Newsome line of draft strategy.

Scotty D
02-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Oh so amazing how the Lions won 2 games last year. How could I possibly question the obvious genius that is Martin Mayhew?

The amount of wins last year has nothing to do with the draft class. The Bears have been terrible at drafting the past few years so you have nothing to talk about.

bearsfan_51
02-21-2010, 08:38 PM
The amount of wins last year has nothing to do with the draft class. The Bears have been terrible at drafting the past few years so you have nothing to talk about.
I love this idiotic line of logic. Just FYI, I'm not Jerry Angelo. I don't draft for the Bears. So, what the Bears do in their drafts is not a reflection on me. Perhaps you love the Lions so much that you think I am personally insulting you when I am insulting them. What team I like doesn't at all reflect my ability to criticize or analyze what other teams do.

Also, yes, wins and losses matter. Until the Lions win some games (which goes to putting a team together, and not just drafting individual players), it's insane to call any draft amazing.

JBond- Inability to recognize need does not necessarily = BPA. By all public accounts, they actually think Backus doesn't suck.

Scotty D
02-21-2010, 08:42 PM
I love this idiotic line of logic. Just FYI, I'm not Jerry Angelo. I don't draft for the Bears. So, what the Bears do in their drafts is not a reflection on me. Perhaps you love the Lions so much that you think I am personally insulting you when I am insulting them. What team I like doesn't at all reflect my ability to criticize or analyze what other teams do.

Also, yes, wins and losses matter. Until the Lions win some games (which goes to putting a team together, and not just drafting individual players), it's insane to call any draft amazing.

Didn't you make a retirement thread?

bearsfan_51
02-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Translation: I have no argument.

Prowler
02-21-2010, 08:44 PM
wins and losses mean nothing. we started a rookie qb with no running game and no defense. this wasn't a championship run, it was trial by fire. if we would have drafted all 5 star studs we would have still lost most every game since mayhew inherited a barebones team.

Scotty D
02-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Translation: I have no argument.

Translation : You will the troll the Lions no matter what I say so its not worth arguing.

bearsfan_51
02-21-2010, 08:50 PM
wins and losses mean nothing.
I suppose meaning is fluid, but most fans want their team to win. Interesting approach, however.

we started a rookie qb with no running game and no defense. this wasn't a championship run, it was trial by fire. if we would have drafted all 5 star studs we would have still lost most every game since mayhew inherited a barebones team.
Even if this is true, that's not my point. I'm not saying it was a bad draft. I'm saying that it's crazy to declare anything a success when the team still sucks. This "amazing" draft has resulted in absolutely nothing tangible. The product on the field is still terrible, and until the players from that draft (and others) turn the team around, to give the FO anything but a giant question mark is delusional.

bearsfan_51
02-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Translation : You will the troll the Lions no matter what I say so its not worth arguing.
False. My statements are absolutely germaine to the conversation and far from inflammatory. If they brought about an emotional response in you, that's probably due to the aforementioned issues with self-identification as it pertains to your favorite team.

Have a nice day.

Brothgar
02-21-2010, 08:55 PM

JBond- Inability to recognize need does not necessarily = BPA. By all public accounts, they actually think Backus doesn't suck.

Child please good draft classes do not translate the year after a 0-16 season in which you are blown out most games. Two wins is a testimate to how ****** they were under Matt Millen. There is a reason the 3 year rule exists and you know it so quit your trollin.

Prowler
02-21-2010, 08:57 PM
our defense just needs to get better more than we need okung over mccoy/suh. we can't stop a powderpuff team. i'm also more and more a believer that the ''david carr'' theory of team building is flawed. carr was never a cerebral quarterback. i can't remember who his offensive coordinator was when he was being killed in houston, but i'm guessing he did a poor job. stafford will be better served with a better defense, speed out of the backfield, and a better command/knowledge of our offense. give brees a guy named bushrod and he'll make due. give joey harrington a decade worth of first round picks on offense and he'll still fail. if stafford doesn't want to get hurt then he'll learn to read the defense and know where to put the ball.

with that said. maybe next year will be the LT of the future. backus has one more year.

bearsfan_51
02-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Child please good draft classes do not translate the year after a 0-16 season in which you are blown out most games. Two wins is a testimate to how ****** they were under Matt Millen. There is a reason the 3 year rule exists and you know it so quit your trollin.
Reading comprehension seems to be at an all-time low tonight.

You said "there is a reason the 3 year rule exists".

Scotty said that the draft was amazing.

I said it's way too early to say that because they haven't produced anything tangible yet.

Who is following the 3 year rule here? (I'm going to leave that open in the hope you can figure it out yourself).

Also, I know it probably hurts, but having people disagree with you does not = trolling. There are places you can go for definitions of terms like this.

P-L
02-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Backus didn't suck last year. He played more motivated and had a decent year. He was right around average as a pass blocker and great as a run blocker. Was he great, or even good overall? Well, no but he was serviceable. If plays next year like he did this year then left tackle is way down on my list of worries for the team (that's not say much, but still). Backus was far an away our best player on the offensive line last season (again, not saying a whole lot). Left guard and right tackle are far more pressing needs at this moment.

Also, I can't figure out why people bring up Michael Oher all the time. He gave up just as many sacks as Backus did and had more than twice as many penalties while playing primarily on the right side.

Shane P. Hallam
02-21-2010, 08:59 PM

No, but drafting the top player on their big board regardless of position does, and they did.

K Train
02-21-2010, 08:59 PM
our defense just needs to get better more than we need okung over mccoy/suh. we can't stop a powderpuff team. i'm also more and more a believer that the ''david carr'' theory of team building is flawed. carr was never a cerebral quarterback. i can't remember who his offensive coordinator was when he was being killed in houston, but i'm guessing he did a poor job. stafford will be better served with a better defense, speed out of the backfield, and a better command/knowledge of our offense. give brees a guy named bushrod and he'll make due. give joey harrington a decade worth of first round picks on offense and he'll still fail. if stafford doesn't want to get hurt then he'll learn to read the defense and know where to put the ball.
i really like that comparison

Scotty D
02-21-2010, 09:01 PM
False. My statements are absolutely germaine to the conversation and far from inflammatory. If they brought about an emotional response in you, that's probably due to the aforementioned issues with self-identification as it pertains to your favorite team.

Have a nice day.

Thanks for the analysis Dr. Phil.

bearsfan_51
02-21-2010, 09:02 PM
No, but drafting the top player on their big board regardless of position does, and they did.
Or so they say, and so does almost every team in the NFL. The biggest objective post-draft is to sell whatever player you drafted to your fan base. The best way to do that is to say he was the best player available.

Some teams are honest and will say that they identified a need and went for it, but that's by far the minority.

P-L
02-21-2010, 09:02 PM
I actually agree with bearsfan on this. These guys have been very impressive on the field but no draft class can be amazing without results, If the Lions are winning in a couple years and guys from this year's class are producing at a high level, than you can call it amazing.

P-L
02-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Or so they say, and so does almost every team in the NFL. The biggest objective post-draft is to sell whatever player you drafted to your fan base. The best way to do that is to say he was the best player available.

Some teams are honest and will say that they identified a need and went for it, but that's by far the minority.
Do you honestly think the Lions were drafting based on need or what? Do you honestly think that Mayhew thought tight end was the second biggest and safety was the third biggest?

Brothgar
02-21-2010, 09:07 PM
I suppose meaning is fluid, but most fans want their team to win. Interesting approach, however.

Even if this is true, that's not my point. I'm not saying it was a bad draft. I'm saying that it's crazy to declare anything a success when the team still sucks. This "amazing" draft has resulted in absolutely nothing tangible. The product on the field is still terrible, and until the players from that draft (and others) turn the team around, to give the FO anything but a giant question mark is delusional.

I disagree if your players are significantly out perform their draft position then the pick is a success. SLH started most games this season most 4th round picks can't say that. I could go on.

P-L
02-21-2010, 09:08 PM
I disagree if your players are significantly out perform their draft position then the pick is a success. SLH started most games this season most 4th round picks can't say that. I could go on.
I'm not saying Sammie Lee Hill isn't any good, but I think quite a few fourth round picks could've started on our defense.

K Train
02-21-2010, 09:12 PM
i was saying SLH was going to be one of the better DTs of this class and they really like what he brings to the table so far...i really wanted the steelers to take him in the 3rd or 4th

bearsfan_51
02-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Do you honestly think the Lions were drafting based on need or what? Do you honestly think that Mayhew thought tight end was the second biggest and safety was the third biggest?
No, I don't mean to imply that they only draft based off of need either. I just don't accept this notion that they draft BPA because they didn't take a tackle and because they said they do. Everyone says they do, and unless they are publically lying, they actually like Backus.

bearsfan_51
02-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Do you realize how insanely contradictory and logically incoherent this post is in relation to your last one?

Brothgar
02-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Reading comprehension seems to be at an all-time low tonight.

Oh I'm sorry when I read

[QUOTE]

somehow I got the notion you were saying the draft was no good but reading your sarcastic ass remarks again I can how obviously misread.

You said "there is a reason the 3 year rule exists".

Scotty said that the draft was amazing.

I said it's way too early to say that because they haven't produced anything tangible yet.

and exactly where did you say that?

bearsfan_51
02-21-2010, 09:41 PM
I said that they drafted some promising players but until they produced actual results it was crazy to call it an amazing draft.

By almost any implication, that's a "too soon to tell" evaluation.

bearsfan_51
02-21-2010, 09:42 PM
somehow I got the notion you were saying the draft was no good but reading your sarcastic ass remarks again I can how obviously misread.
Hehe....irony.

descendency
02-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Absolutely not. Their DT need is probably bigger than LT and they get WAY better value if they go with Suh or McCoy.

This is 100% right. LT may be a need but the DT is a bigger need positionally and Suh/McCoy > Okung/Davis. The only thing that may suggest a LT is that (in general) LT >>> DT.

Brothgar
02-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Hehe....irony.

-_- that's why we American football.

V.I.P
02-21-2010, 10:35 PM
Dream Scenario:

Rams - Clausen or Braadford
Lions - Okung or Davis
Bucs - Suh or McCoy

:cool:

Babylon
02-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Dream Scenario:

Rams - Clausen or Braadford
Lions - Okung or Davis
Bucs - Suh or McCoy

:cool:

Keep dreaming.

As for the Lions they can get a pretty good OT at the top of the second i beileive, probably have their choice of Iupati (G), Fox and Charles Brown. The second pick is terrribely early for this years tackle crop.

prock
02-21-2010, 10:50 PM
I think I can sum up this argument in a few sentences. The Lions had a god damn good draft class last year. If they have one that good the next year or two, they won't suck anymore.

I can see the Lions passing up the Bears in the division. Maybe not this year, but the Bears are not in a position to get better. They don't have their first two picks this year, and they don't have much going for them.

EDIT - That being said, the Lions are still the Lions. They are the NFL's punch line.

Brothgar
02-21-2010, 10:58 PM
I think I can sum up this argument in a few sentences. The Lions had a god damn good draft class last year. If they have one that good the next year or two, they won't suck anymore.

I can see the Lions passing up the Bears in the division. Maybe not this year, but the Bears are not in a position to get better. They don't have their first two picks this year, and they don't have much going for them.

EDIT - That being said, the Lions are still the Lions. They are the NFL's punch line.

Hey hey hey we are the NFC's punch line

http://chicksinthehuddle.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/al-davis-bubble-2.jpg

he is the NFL's punch line.

prock
02-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Hey hey hey we are the NFC's punch line

http://chicksinthehuddle.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/al-davis-bubble-2.jpg

he is the NFL's punch line.

Sorry, I forgot to pay my respects to the living dead.

Saints-Tigers
02-21-2010, 11:02 PM
Winning games isn't a barometer of how good a draft class was after one year, that's totally stupid.

To pretend that this draft produced "nothing tangible" is even more stupid. Stafford looks like a special player already, grabbing the reigns of a 0-16 team and actually making them competitive in some games. Delmas, Pettigrew, and SLH all look like hits and long time starters as well.

Scotty D
02-21-2010, 11:11 PM
Don't forget about DeAndre Levy!

Saints-Tigers
02-21-2010, 11:15 PM
Oh yea!

It's funny that the Lions passed on such a no brainer to me(Oher), who would have set them for years at LT, and I still think their draft was a huge success.

bearsfan_51
02-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Winning games isn't a barometer of how good a draft class was after one year, that's totally stupid.
No **** sherlock. I never said it was. Then again, your following analysis is a much better barometer, the "looks factor"
To pretend that this draft produced "nothing tangible" is even more stupid. Stafford looks like a special player already, grabbing the reigns of a 0-16 team and actually making them competitive in some games. Delmas, Pettigrew, and SLH all look like hits and long time starters as well.
Holy jesus..

1) You quote me as saying that nothing so far is tangible and then say that Stafford "looks special." Do you even know what the **** tangible means? What has Stafford done that is concrete, measurable, palpable, or noteworthy to tangibly merit saying he is "special"? ****.

2) You say that records don't matter and then you bring up the record from the year before and talk about their improvement in regards to that team's record. Do you people honestly try to contradict yourselves?

Please look up words and think about what they mean before you say them. Please think about what you're actually saying before you say it. I actually like to banter on here, that's why I do it so much, but it gets very tiring to have to fix the arguments of the other side.

Saints-Tigers
02-21-2010, 11:41 PM
Stafford dislocated his shoulder, ran onto t he field and drove his poor team down and threw a game winning touchdown(that the other rookie caught), something only a special player could do. That's just one example.

It was tangible, it happened.

Or we can do like NJX and the other "hall of famers" here and argue word usage and semantics so we don't look like we are talking out of our ass.

bearsfan_51
02-21-2010, 11:45 PM
Stafford dislocated his shoulder, ran onto t he field and drove his poor team down and threw a game winning touchdown(that the other rookie caught), something only a special player could do. That's just one example.

It was tangible, it happened.
Well holy ****, put him in the Hall of Famous Cripples.

Or we can do like NJX and the other "hall of famers" here and argue word usage and semantics so we don't look like we are talking out of our ass.
Yeah, it's so annoying to think about what words mean.

Scotty D
02-21-2010, 11:51 PM
Well holy ****, put him in the Hall of Famous Cripples.

They actually did put his jersey from that game in the Hall of Fame.

prock
02-21-2010, 11:51 PM
2) You say that records don't matter and then you bring up the record from the year before and talk about their improvement in regards to that team's record. Do you people honestly try to contradict yourselves?

You are taking **** out of context. You argued that you can't call last year's draft class amazing because of they haven't won anything yet. They said last year's draft class was amazing because they improved so durastically and said that they were 0-16 the year before so you can't expect them to be great all of a sudden. The point is that the Lions picked up some very good players in last years draft that showed their potential on the field.

bearsfan_51
02-21-2010, 11:52 PM
They actually did put his jersey from that game in the Hall of Fame.
Well you've gotta fill in the Lions section somehow.

*Ba dum dum*

Scotty D
02-21-2010, 11:54 PM
Well you've gotta fill in the Lions section somehow.

*Ba dum dum*

Like with recent addition Dick Lebeau who was voted in this year?