PDA

View Full Version : Martin Tevaseu & Tommie Duhart

redbills
02-21-2010, 10:01 PM
NT sleepers? Anyone have anyother info on the kids?

Martin Tevaseu 6-1 329 UNLV
01/21/10 - Former Anderson Valley High and Santa Rosa Junior College star Martin Tevaseu will play in the East-West Shrine Game on Saturday at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Fla. The game will be televised at noon on ESPN2. Tevaseu, a 6-1, 328-pound nose guard, was named UNLV’s defensive MVP and team captain as a senior this past season. The Shrine game is a college showcase for NFL scouts and Tevaseu, who received a late invitation to the game, is eager to make his mark. He is hoping to also earn a late invitation to the NFL Combine in February and is scheduled to have his pro day for NFL scouts at UNLV on March 4. The NFL draft will be held in April. “I’m just hoping to get one shot,” Tevaseu said. “If I could get one shot and get a helmet, that would be a great. If I was fortunate enough to get drafted, I would feel so blessed.” Tevaseu signed with Arizona State out of Anderson Valley, but a knee injury ended his career in Tempe before it got started. Tevaseu played at SRJC in 2007, but his weight had ballooned to 417 pounds and he failed to make much of an impact. But in a four-month span after his season at SRJC, Tevaseu dropped about 100 pounds and earned a scholarship from UNLV. “(SRJC defensive coordinator) Lenny Wagner asked me ‘Do you want to play DivisionI or DivisionII?’” Tevaseu said. “He said DivisionII schools will take you now, but if you want to go DivisionI, you’ve got to lose some weight. That got me motivated.” - Eric Branch, The Press Democrat

Tommie Duhart 6-3 329 Valdosta State transfer from Pitt

bored of education
02-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Phil Taylor is another later round NT prospect. I like Phil Taylor a lot.

I will keep an eye out on these guys and look up some stuff on them. Thanks for the heads up

redbills
02-23-2010, 11:00 PM
............bump.......... :walksaway: ................

Duffman57
02-24-2010, 01:20 AM
Phil Taylor is another later round NT prospect. I like Phil Taylor a lot.

I will keep an eye out on these guys and look up some stuff on them. Thanks for the heads up

Taylor is a Sr. this upcoming year who didn't declare for the draft this year.

I really like Tevaseu, and i would love for the Chargers to pick him up in the mid rounds. He seems like he could be a stud at the next level.

Haven't heard much about the guy from Valdosta, but his name sounds familiar.