PDA

View Full Version : Happy Black History Month

bored of education
02-21-2010, 10:29 PM
congrats. anyone get any of their friends a card or anything?

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
02-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Why are you doing this?

George Lippard
02-21-2010, 10:45 PM
I did not. did you boe?

bored of education
02-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Why are you doing this?

are you racist or sumtin?

Vikes99ej
02-21-2010, 11:46 PM
http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/slowpoke.gif

Hey guys am I late?

The Unseen
02-22-2010, 12:30 AM
I got them a bigger cabin.

zachsaints52
02-22-2010, 12:33 AM
Where I live we didn't get off for MLK Jr. Day. Tells you something bout where I live.

fenikz
02-22-2010, 12:55 AM
Public Enemy wrote a song about AZ not getting MLK Day off, we now get it off but something like presidents day or veterans day we have to go to school

roidrunner
02-22-2010, 03:56 AM
in the state of KY they no longer celebrate black history month.

vidae
02-22-2010, 03:57 AM
in the state of KY they no longer celebrate black history month.

No longer or never have?!

El Peefs?????
02-22-2010, 04:19 AM
When the **** is white history month ?

Addict
02-22-2010, 05:16 AM
When the **** is white history month ?

every month that isn't black history month is white history month.

anyway, blacks everywhere: on behalf of the Dutch people:

http://tbelfield.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/voc.jpg
you're welcome.

CJSchneider
02-22-2010, 05:51 AM
Public Enemy wrote a song about AZ not getting MLK Day off, we now get it off but something like presidents day or veterans day we have to go to school

ijeXGv9QLRc

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
02-22-2010, 06:50 AM
Where I'm from, we don't even HAVE MLK day. Goes to show you that not only are we America's hat, we're America's white pointy hat.

Gay Ork Wang
02-22-2010, 06:52 AM
GeixtYS-P3s

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-22-2010, 07:20 AM
When I was in the 6th grade I went to a school that only had like 20 white people or not black people and during Black history month everyone(not the white people) would complain about why they hated that Black history month was in February.

roidrunner
02-22-2010, 09:52 AM
No longer or never have?!

they no longer, they used to but not any more. and i completely agree with morgan freeman.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
02-22-2010, 09:58 AM
I also agree with Morgan Freeman but think the video would be vastly improved if when he asked "What month is white history month?" and the guy said "Well I always assumed it was just the other eleven"

roidrunner
02-22-2010, 10:00 AM
instead the guy just pulls out the jewish card.....

EvilNixon
02-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Happy Black History Month all

=afE-Tej1n28

frubulubu
03-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Im a little late ya'll, being that its March. Just want to thank everyone, for there kind words. Happy belated black history month, but why do we get the shortest month of the year?

iowatreat54
03-05-2010, 11:34 PM
Im a little late ya'll, being that its March. Just want to thank everyone, for there kind words. Happy belated black history month, but why do we get the shortest month of the year?

The real question you should ask is, "Why do we have to have a month to celebrate black history?"

Things like Black History month (in Feb) and Hispanic History month (in May) are actually counterproductive to equal rights. If said minority groups actually wanted equal rights, they would insist on celebrating their history all the time, not needing a month dedicated to their heritage.

The fact that there are months dedicated to specific minority groups actually elevates these groups' status to that of being above everyone else. While it is probably viewed in the following way, acting in a way that creates the perception that one is above others actually increases inequality rather than emphasizing equality.

Since this thread is pretty much dumb in the first place, I figured it really won't matter if it gets locked. But I had to make the point.

frubulubu
03-05-2010, 11:49 PM
The real question you should ask is, "Why do we have to have a month to celebrate black history?"

Things like Black History month (in Feb) and Hispanic History month (in May) are actually counterproductive to equal rights. If said minority groups actually wanted equal rights, they would insist on celebrating their history all the time, not needing a month dedicated to their heritage.

The fact that there are months dedicated to specific minority groups actually elevates these groups' status to that of being above everyone else. While it is probably viewed in the following way, acting in a way that creates the perception that one is above others actually increases inequality rather than emphasizing equality.

Since this thread is pretty much dumb in the first place, I figured it really won't matter if it gets locked. But I had to make the point.

Me being half black and half Mexican, I really dont know how to respond to what you have posted. Well, since this might get closed, let me just say that I dont care what you think about our heritages and celebration. Just to make my point.

iowatreat54
03-06-2010, 12:00 AM
Me being half black and half Mexican, I really dont know how to respond to what you have posted. Well, since this might get closed, let me just say that I dont care what you think about our heritages and celebration. Just to make my point.

Oh, I don't mean to downplay the heritages. I think they are great and should absolutely be celebrated.

My problem is that rather than singling out a specific month, more emphasis should be put on studying and celebrating the heritages year round. Singling out a single month to celebrate one group's heritage and no others' in fact puts more emphasis on the inequality between the groups, rather than putting them on level ground. Despite anything that has happened in the past, singling out and celebrating one group is in fact acknowledging that they are not the same, or equal to everyone else. If they were, they wouldn't need to single out a month to celebrate, rather their heritage could be celebrated year round.

Singling out and focusing entirely on one culture's heritage will not "make up" any lost inequality in the past. It's not like ground is being made up by focusing more on one group. The true way to achieve equality is to not treat any group differently than one another, whether it be good or bad.

CJSchneider
03-06-2010, 06:07 AM
Happy Black History Month all

afE-Tej1n28

fixed it for you

fenikz
03-06-2010, 06:10 AM
this is march now, its irish history month

CJSchneider
03-06-2010, 06:13 AM
ERIN GO BRAUGH