PDA

View Full Version : Raiders want to trade everyone?

NIN1984
02-23-2010, 12:22 PM
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Raiders have been shopping much of their roster, including Nnamdi Asomugha.

Asomugha is considered "untradeable" due to a contract that guarantees either the franchise number for quarterbacks or $16.875 million, whichever number is greater. The report isn't all that surprising considering Al Davis' shenanigans over the past half-decade, but the Raiders just don't have that many players with significant trade value.

rotoworld

Komp
02-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Yah i read this on ESPN....it makes sense to try to move him this offseason because it is the last chance to get something for him before he bolts. I'm sure he renegotiate his contract if the suitor was a team he'd want to go, unless of course he wants to see how the whole cap situation unfolds. Either way, barring a miracle this will be the last year we see Nnamdi in a Raider uniform.

RaiderNation
02-23-2010, 01:50 PM
If we were able to get a 1st and a few more picks Id trade Aso. This draft is deep and we could draft a CB in the 2nd like Kyle Wilson

LookItsAlDavis
02-23-2010, 09:54 PM
It'll be a heartbreaker, but if we make the picks count I wouldn't be too upset. Who else could be on the trading block? Maybe Bush or Morrison?

thenewfeature06
02-23-2010, 10:12 PM
I would think Fargas? instead of Bush

02-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Aso to the Jets is back on? I saw that rumor on ESPN. WTF?

I'd prefer a higher first than 29th overall, so I don't know how they're going to work around that unless they include a valuable asset like Gholston, who I preferred in a 43 defense anyways. That 29th pick would have to be used on Kyle Wilson, and that's assuming he will be available. I'd also like to have Dwight Lowery included somewhere in there, despite the poor AFCCG, as I still think he'll be a solid cover corner once he plays opposite somebody not named "Revis Island".

Paranoidmoonduck
02-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Al Davis is going to ask for like three 1st rounders if he's going to seriously talk about trading Nnamdi. At least.

Every offseason for the last four or so years has been accompanied with talk of the Raiders "shopping everyone". Take this news with a grain of salt.

02-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Al Davis is going to ask for like three 1st rounders if he's going to seriously talk about trading Nnamdi. At least.

Every offseason for the last four or so years has been accompanied with talk of the Raiders "shopping everyone". Take this news with a grain of salt.

Depends on whether he'll be willing to work out an extension, which I do believe he will. Al Davis will be asking for three first rounders, but I'm doubtful anyone budges past two as the base of the deal.

The Jets could be a reasonable trade partner. Something still intrigues me about Gholston, giving me this proposal:

2010 1st round pick (29th overall)
2010 2nd round pick (61st overall)
2011 1st round pick
DE Vernon Gholston

This I would do.

02-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Gholston would be a huge salary dump for the Jets making the financial implications of adding Aso not as significant. Whichever trade avenue we do pursue, we better get our first round pick back for 2011! We can't afford to not have one otherwise. It worries me how news like this could affect Seymour's contract situation.

Shahin
02-24-2010, 01:14 AM
2010 1st round pick (29th overall)
2010 2nd round pick (61st overall)
2011 1st round pick
DE Vernon Gholston

This I would do.

lol are you in dreamland right now?

RaiderNation
02-24-2010, 01:26 AM

Thats probably the value Al will be asking for so no

Shahin
02-24-2010, 01:28 AM
Thats probably the value Al will be asking for so no

fair enough, but that's ******* crazy talk.

02-24-2010, 07:51 AM

We would probably throw a draft pick or two the other way. The rest of the trade I'd remain as is, this is Nnamdi Asomugha, the most dominant CB of the past 3-4 years. I have no idea why we're even entertaining the possibility that he would be made available, to be completely honest. I value him very highly, and deservedly so.

HindSight
02-24-2010, 09:20 AM
Give me Gholston in that trade.....then go get Troy Smith and Ted Ginn.

If I have to watch this team suck, I'd rather watch players I love. :D

EvilNixon
02-24-2010, 09:24 AM
We would probably throw a draft pick or two the other way. The rest of the trade I'd remain as is, this is Nnamdi Asomugha, the most dominant CB of the past 3-4 years. I have no idea why we're even entertaining the possibility that he would be made available, to be completely honest. I value him very highly, and deservedly so.

Because he's a great player on a rebuilding team. What's the point of keeping him ,if by the time we're actually contenders, he's past his prime?

02-24-2010, 09:40 AM
Because he's a great player on a rebuilding team. What's the point of keeping him ,if by the time we're actually contenders, he's past his prime?

I hate to be the optimist here, despite what you might think, we're really not that far off from contending for a wildcard spot. This would all but assure that we lose that practical opportunity.

NIN1984
02-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Honestly I would keep like 10 players, maybe. We are so far away from winning its pointless to hang on to aging players like Asomugha and Seymour. Tom Cable is a lame duck coach, I can't see us winning more than 6 games and if that's the case Cable is will be fired.

If Schefter's report is true, Al Davis is finally starting to realize he has been hurting this team more than helping it. Bizarre draft picks, horrible free agent signings, insane contracts, on and on...

RaiderNation
02-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Thinking about it now, Id like to see Asomugha stay here. If we make the right draft picks/signings and have Gradkowski start we could possibly be a contender for the wildcard. San Diego will still win the AFC West but we should be able to get 3 or 4 wins from our division. With San Diego losing LT, and likely Sproles, they shouldnt have any type of running game.

EvilNixon
02-24-2010, 01:39 PM
I hate to be the optimist here, despite what you might think, we're really not that far off from contending for a wildcard spot. This would all but assure that we lose that practical opportunity.

You're being overly optimistic. I can count maybe 10 players who start who should be backups. We need at least 4 offensive line starters+depth to compete there. 2 defensive tackles,a MLB,SLB, starting corner, before I think we could contend. Those peices are going to take a few years to procure.

EvilNixon
02-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Thinking about it now, Id like to see Asomugha stay here. If we make the right draft picks/signings and have Gradkowski start we could possibly be a contender for the wildcard. San Diego will still win the AFC West but we should be able to get 3 or 4 wins from our division. With San Diego losing LT, and likely Sproles, they shouldnt have any type of running game.

When has a Wild Card been enough to satisfy us? What happened to "Just Win Baby" and "Commitment to Excellence"? As much as I love Grad, he's not a franchise QB, and doesn't fit the scheme(unless Al lets the coaches decide). we've got to let the growing pains ensue on what is an extremely talented gropu of skill position players(JaMarcus included), while we build the lines up on both sides of the ball.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Honestly I would keep like 10 players, maybe. We are so far away from winning its pointless to hang on to aging players like Asomugha and Seymour. Tom Cable is a lame duck coach, I can't see us winning more than 6 games and if that's the case Cable is will be fired.

If Schefter's report is true, Al Davis is finally starting to realize he has been hurting this team more than helping it. Bizarre draft picks, horrible free agent signings, insane contracts, on and on...

Yes, our "aging" 28 year old cornerback. The way this organization spends draft picks there's no way I'd rather have even 3 more 1st round picks over the next 3 years than have Nnamdi for 2 more. Yes, winning games is fun. But, failing that, I'd like to be able to watch a few excellent players now and then and be able to root for them. Asomugha may wind up being a Hall of Famer and I'd like him to be a Raider for as long as possible, even if that means him hitting the market with no compensation for Oakland (beyond a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick).

Also, as I said in my previous post, this "Oakland to try and trade everyone" report has gone out after every season since 2007. It's Oakland trying to drum up calls from other teams and to get offers on the table, even though, whether because of the strategies ineffectiveness or Al's trade demands, the move almost never results in a large number of trades. Sure, the dissolution of the salary cap changes the trade game in the NFL for the short term, but I'd be truly shocked if Oakland either admits to a rebuilding position by trading away existing talent or even executes more than a couple medium-sized trades this offseason.

Stash
02-24-2010, 09:10 PM
I definitely understand the 'trade Aso now, we won't be good until he's past his prime anyway' argument, in fact I'm pretty sure I made the same one last offseason. But now I'm sitting here and I realize that even if we got a boatload of 1st rounders for him, it wouldn't matter because Al is still making the picks. Given that, I'd have to agree with PMD and hope to keep Aso around for as long as possible and hope that he goes into the Hall as a Raider.

SwagU
02-24-2010, 09:20 PM
I absolutely love Aso, but him being on the team is a blessing and a curse. We will never be able to develop a rookie 2nd corner opposite of him without feeding them to the wolves. Don't see Al doing much with the picks he would get for Aso though and I to find that Aso is too loyal and too great of a leader too let slip away from our team.

HindSight
02-25-2010, 02:48 PM
When has a Wild Card been enough to satisfy us? What happened to "Just Win Baby" and "Commitment to Excellence"? As much as I love Grad, he's not a franchise QB, and doesn't fit the scheme(unless Al lets the coaches decide). we've got to let the growing pains ensue on what is an extremely talented gropu of skill position players(JaMarcus included), while we build the lines up on both sides of the ball.
Um....since we've had like 4 wins total since 2002.

Raidernexx
02-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Man, Nnamdi is one of the only reasons to watch my team at all right now.
(At least if Russell's the starting QB anyway.)

They better not trade the only player we have worth watching!

If they do, they'd better get some serious compensation.

The problem is, we seem to suck so bad at drafting high as of late, it doesn't matter how many 1st and 2nd rounders we get in a trade, we'll blow 'em all.

raiderchampion3
03-01-2010, 03:28 AM
We are going to keep all our good players, you need players to win in this league not trade them away and if that is the case why are we keeping Seymour and why did we resign our kicker to a long term extension if this report is accurate?

frubulubu
03-10-2010, 08:52 PM
We are going to keep all our good players, you need players to win in this league not trade them away and if that is the case why are we keeping Seymour and why did we resign our kicker to a long term extension if this report is accurate?

Because...