PDA

View Full Version : All Of The Top 4 Teams Are Talking Trades.

V.I.P
02-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Sources: Top 4 teams have talked

With less than two months until the three-day NFL draft, teams already are looking at jockeying and dealing.

Each of the teams picking in the top four come late April -- St. Louis, Detroit, Tampa Bay and Washington -- has discussed trading its pick and moving out of its spot, multiple NFL sources said Tuesday.

While there are an abundance of teams looking to trade back, there is the usual scarcity of teams looking to trade up, which is why deals near the top of the draft are difficult to consummate.

Few teams want to move up in drafts and pay rookies any more than they already will make. As evidenced over the years, any player other than a quarterback who is drafted No. 1 is assured of becoming the highest-paid player at his position in NFL history.

This year's draft, to be held April 22-24 in New York, is considered rich in talent and many teams, especially the ones hamstrung in their payrolls, would rather have quantity than quality.

It's also entirely possible that Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford, and quite possibly Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen, are going to be drafted higher than they're being forecasted to go right now, according to team sources. Teams that need quarterbacks might be even more willing to move up.

Thoughts ?

K Train
02-23-2010, 01:47 PM
If they want clausen, someone will pull the trigger into the top 4 cause hes not making it past washington.

if someone wants suh i think the rams will budge and i think the lions desperately want out of the #2 slot, it doesnt seem like they are high on mccoy and neither am i, i think hes a mere consolation prize to suh

TB...im just not sure about them

RaiderNation
02-23-2010, 01:55 PM
I want Suh.....

vidae
02-23-2010, 02:01 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to learn the Chiefs are trying to trade down, again. It depends on how the top 4 play out.

bigbuc
02-23-2010, 03:41 PM
IMO Tampa Bay is thinking Suh, McCoy or bust.

Hurricanes25
02-23-2010, 03:47 PM
IMO Tampa Bay is thinking Suh, McCoy or bust.

I think you're right but I would also throw in Dez Bryant. Definately one of the three.

GoodellFTL
02-23-2010, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing us trade down if Suh and McCoy are both gone when we pick. I really hope that deal with the Rams goes down though. Man, would that be so great for us.

Bills2083
02-23-2010, 04:11 PM
This furthers the point that rookies are making too much money.

RealityCheck
02-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Brady for #1 overall, STL.

Take it.

Big_Pete
02-24-2010, 06:54 AM
The top 4 teams have alot of needs and can arguably get better value with more positions.

Also I think there is reluctance to shell out the cash the top picks will get particulary with an uncapped year, possible lockout next year and a rookie salary cap on the horizon.

DiG
02-24-2010, 07:38 AM
i cant tell you how happy id be if the skins could pull off a trade down and snag the likes of anthony davis or brian bulaga closer to the 10 spot. the bills could be looking qb. so could the jags, broncos, niners, and maybe seahawks. we need the extra picks too.

zachsaints52
02-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Saints can trade up to get Suh :)

No we won't :(

wicket
02-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Saints can trade up to get Suh :)

No we won't :(

you remember ricky williams?

if you really want something you can get it

zachsaints52
02-24-2010, 10:47 AM

Would I trade our full draft this year to get Suh? Thats a tough call. I wouldn't add next year picks though.

RealityCheck
02-24-2010, 12:58 PM

Unless you're talking about women.

zachsaints52
02-24-2010, 01:13 PM
Unless you're talking about women.

http://www.liquidmatrix.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/brick.jpg

You can still get any woman.

bigbluedefense
02-24-2010, 01:15 PM
it makes sense. with so many talented players coming out in this draft, you want as many picks as possible.

i hope someone falls to 15 so the Giants can sell the pick and grab extra picks out of the deal while moving into the late 1st.

if there ever was a draft where you want as many picks as possible in the first 3 rounds, this is it.