PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone want Robinson?

frubulubu
02-24-2010, 07:12 PM
Should the Lions go after Dunta Robinson? They need help at corner, and he would be an up grade at CB.

SINCE1978
02-24-2010, 07:27 PM
It will cost some $$ to lure him to Detroit but definitely yes, give his agent a call. Easily the #1 available CB in FA ...

woodnick
02-25-2010, 08:23 AM
It will cost some $$ to lure him to Detroit but definitely yes, give his agent a call. Easily the #1 available CB in FA ...

I agree, give him a call and check on the price tag and internally weigh it to see if it matches the future of our program.

I also admit that his antics did kind of turn me off on him, but he was pretty darn good before his injury and I expect him to be good again...but his lack of production with a good pass rush is questionable.

Prowler
02-25-2010, 09:09 AM
i want us to call oakland about aso. if i'm paying for a #1 corner, then might as well go with the best. plus al is insane. maybe it would only take our 2nd rounder. i wouldn't touch our first round pick unless it was a pick swap with them.

noondog
02-25-2010, 09:09 AM
I vote yes. I've been saying this for quite some time.

His antics have been over the top, and the Lions staff will have to convince themselves that they manage his personality.

Having said that, he's still young and could be one of our defensive building blocks.

SINCE1978
02-25-2010, 12:55 PM
As far as I'm concerned Detroit can cut Buchanon ($3.5 million base) go get Dunta Robinson & draft Wilson, Cox, Ghee McCourty or Kareem Jackson & be fine. Certainly no worse & we get younger! Of course keeping back-up depth with Will James, Eric King (if necessary)
It is even possible we get a S in the draft ... Next to the WR's, I think our secondary will have the biggest off season changes to it. Jsut a hunch.

tblain1
02-25-2010, 03:38 PM
Should the Lions go after Dunta Robinson? They need help at corner, and he would be an up grade at CB.

I say yes, enacting the "beggars can't be choosers" corollary. He would instantly be our best CB putting aside judgments on his attitude. Ya gotta at least take a look and make an offer. If we get outbid by Washington/Dallas, then so be it. But if we ignore him because of attitude....then WTF?

detroit4life
02-25-2010, 03:48 PM
I agree i rly hope we make a phone call to oakland about aso, they wont be able to hold onto him forever and id offer up a second for him and maybe sims or something

DoWnThEfiElD
02-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Whats all this talk with Aso? What did I miss?

styles44
02-25-2010, 11:13 PM
Pretty much a no brainer, yes. Regardless of his attitude, the Lions need talent and he has that. I could see it working out like Dre Bly though, pay a lot of money for a guy who is good but he's a cancer and eventually will be shipped away. But until that day comes I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Addict
02-27-2010, 07:52 AM
Whats all this talk with Aso? What did I miss?

a lot of wishful thinking and false hope is all.

DoWnThEfiElD
02-27-2010, 08:16 AM
a lot of wishful thinking and false hope is all.

So your telling me theres a chance?

frubulubu
02-27-2010, 08:23 AM
With Al Davis, you just never know.