PDA

View Full Version : Mock #4 ... Last one Pre-Combine!

SRogers92
02-25-2010, 11:55 AM
1. St. Louis Rams -- Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma ... Adam Schefter "guarantees" they will take him ... I think they will go QB with the #1 pick - which one? No one knows ... my guess is Bradford, at this point ...

2. Detroit Lions -- Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska ... Lions will get the "best" prospect in the draft and shore up a huge need ...

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma ... Tampa gets a great DT prospect and he'll immediately upgrade their pass rush ...

4. Washington Redskins -- Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame ... Mike Shanahan is going to want his next Elway/Cutler and franchise QB ... no brainer pick, IMO ...

5. Kansas City Chiefs -- Eric Berry, S/CB, Tennessee ... some teams view him as a CB and some as an Ed Reed type of safety ... KC needs playmakers on defense and Berry will help out against the run moreso then an elite CB like Haden ...

6. Seattle Seahawks -- Russel Okung, OT, Oklahoma State ... Pete Carroll has stated how he wants to upgrade the offensive line ... what better way then to draft the next possible Walter Jones and shore up the LT spot?

7. Cleveland Browns -- Joe Haden, CB, Florida ... Another no brainer ... need help at the OLB position, but -- no one comes close to Haden in terms of the prospect and value ... Haden has everything to be a lock down CB ...

8. Oakland Raiders -- Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech ... I think Morgan will end up going over Mr. Pierre-Paul as he's an elite athlete in his own right, as well as a more complete DE ... fits in perfectly with the 43 system the Raiders run now.

9. Buffalo Bills -- Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers ... The Bills need a franchise LT after letting Mr. Peters go ... Davis could be that guy.

10. Denver Broncos -- Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma St ... Broncos' coach wants more security for Orton as well as a more wide open offense he ran at NE ... on top of that, Marshall may be on his way out ...

11. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida ... Dunlap has questions about his work ethic and his character, but -- he's an elite athlete at a position Jaguars desperately need help at ... and he's a hometown kid.

12. Miami Dolphins -- Jason Pierre-Paul, OLB/DE, USF ... Another no-brainer if he's still on the board ... Pierre-Paul has the best combo of size/speed to be the outside rusher in this 34 scheme.

13. San Francisco 49ers -- Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma ... Can man down either RT or LT and will give them some flexibility along the OL ... Staley is a better fit at LT, so - they need a RT ...

14. Seattle Seahawks -- Earl Thomas, S, Texas ... Pete Carroll passses up "his" guy in Taylor Mays and takes the better playmaker Safety in Thomas ...

15. New York Giants -- Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama ... All of New York rejoices ... after letting go of Pierce, this is a "duh" pick ... one of the better ILB prospects in a long, long time ...

16. Tennessee Titans -- Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee ... After losing Haynesworth, the Titans need another NT to help anchor this defensive line ... Williams is a hometown guy that will be received very well, too ...

17. San Francisco 49ers -- C.J. Spiller, HB, Clemson ... The 49ers need a playmaker on offense, no matter which way it comes ...Gore is a beast, but - he also has a scary injury history and Coffee wasn't overly impressive as a rookie ... 49ers need ST's playmakers and depth at RB ...

18. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa ... Steelers need more assurance at the OT position to keep Roethlisberger upright ... Bulaga brings flexibility and the ability to play almost any OL position except maybe C ...

19. Atlanta Falcons -- Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise St ... Seems to be a FoM pick ... but -- I think the Falcons will go with the best Corner possible if there's no other players that rate really high on their boards left ... Wilson impressed a lot at the Senior Bowl and can solidify himself as the #2 CB at the Combine ...

20. Houston Texans -- Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan ... Yes -- the Texans just signed Antonio Smith last off-season(4.5 sacks) but he didn't produce ... outside of Mario Williams, the Texans' DEs accounted for 9 sacks total ... Graham isn't the biggest position of need, CB is, but there are no top flight CBs available and Graham can still impact the passing game in a big way ...

21. Cincinnati Bengals -- Taylor Mays, S, USC ... Mays plays very similar to the hard-hitting Safeties the Bengals had on their roster last year ... except, he's much faster and and hits harder ... he fits their scheme perfectly ...

22. New England Patriots -- Serio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas ... The Patriots need an outside pass rush and Kindle is probably better then the #22 prospect in the NFL draft ... they need an upgrade at OLB and in their pass rush ... Kindle will bring that in a big way ...

23. Green Bay Packers -- Mike Iupati, OG/T, Idaho ... Again - not the biggest position of need, but -- the BPA ... he can play multiple positions along the OL and keep their franchise(Rodgers) upright ... great value pick here ...

24. Philadelphia Eagles -- Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missouri ... Has the speed, size, and strength to play either SLB, WLB, or ILB ... he fits their system perfect and will start from day one ...

25. Baltimore Ravens -- Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois ... With Derrick Mason retiring the Ravens need a playmaker at WR bad ... Benn is as physically gifted as any WR in the league outside of Andre and Calvin Johnson and he will hopefully develop into a stud ...

26. Arizona Cardinals -- Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland ... No franchise LT on this roster and not many guys suited to play LT ... The Cardinals have an unproven QB in Leinart starting now, so they need to give him as much help as possible ...

27. Dallas Cowboys -- Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame ... Roy Williams' career in Dallas is in limbo and may be in its last year ... Tate can play the slot perfectly and will compliment the weapons the Cowboys already have on the offensive side of the ball ...

28. San Diego Chargers -- Chad Jones, S, LSU ... The Chargers don't have a lot of holes ... they are one of the most talented teams in the NFL ... Chad Jones will fill one of their few holes at Safety ... Chargers are angry Ryan Matthews is off the board and will look at RB/WR and other positions in Round 2 ...

29. New York Jets -- Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma St ... The Jets have made their desire to acquire another lockdown CB quite obvious ... Cox has good size and speed and could make a great DB prospect ...

30. Minnesota Vikings -- Everson Griffin, DE, USC ... The Vikings go BPA and add an elite pass rusher to pair up with the Williams wall and Jared Allen ... Ray Edwards may be gone in FA and with no elite DBs on the board, Vikings stick with the BPA approach ...

31. Indianapolis Colts -- Jared Odrick, DT, Penn St ... Colts need more depth along the DL as they love to rotate them and when Freeney went down in the Superbowl, they had no pass rush ... Polian loves Big 10 guys and this will be an immediate upgrade ...

32. New Orleans Saints -- Brian Price, DT, UCLA ... The Saints need someone next to Sedrick Ellis and someone to upgrade the interior pass rush and help this defense get to the next level ...

gsorace
02-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Chargers are angry Ryan Matthews is off the board

But he isn't.

Pretty good Jets pick though.

Poz51
02-25-2010, 12:06 PM
9. Buffalo Bills -- Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers ... The Bills need a franchise LT after letting Mr. Peters go ... Davis could be that guy.

My favorite pick to the Bills, makes the most sense, just what the doctor ordered, and certainly one of the top, if not the top priority for the Bills!!
I thought it was a good job overall, some interesting picks, but who knows for sure at this point.
Side note; I really liked the Chargers picking up Jones, not sure if S is a top priority for them, but I like the fit non the less. But Matthews is still available...

thenewfeature06
02-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Don't hate Morgan actually like him more than JPP, but with Davis available I would want him wouldn't be mad at McClain either.

SRogers92
02-25-2010, 12:09 PM
OOps ... I mocked Matthews to another team then must have deleted it ... Don't know what I'd do in that situation ... probably still give them Jones since this is such a deep class for RBs ... could see them trading up in Round 2, though ....

SRogers92
02-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Raiders would be better off with a LT, I know that ... don't see Al Davis going OL though, for whatever reason, I see him going for a bang on defense ...

SloppyJoe
02-25-2010, 12:13 PM
McCoy is always good

vidae
02-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Good KC pick.

bluebonnet78
02-25-2010, 12:40 PM
nice. WR isn't as big a need early on for Dallas as safety and offensive line, but if Tate is sitting there and Jerry's early favorites at those positions are taken, I could see him going for best available player. Pouncey should be a consideration too there for Dallas.

T-RICH49
02-25-2010, 01:36 PM
hooray for Berry

Unbiased
02-25-2010, 01:38 PM
No chance Dunlap goes to Jacksonville. Gene Smith is a high character guy. Dunlap's probably not even on his board.

Menardo75
02-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Niner mock would work. I would really like Brandon Graham with that second pick but Spiller is fine.

Unbiased
02-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Also the Texans just took Barwin in the second round who could hardly see the field because of the depth at that position. But he was really good in limited action.

SRogers92
02-25-2010, 01:54 PM
I know they took Barwin. I didn't ignore that fact. He's a little undersized and suspect vs. the run and accounted for 4.5 sacks ... Yes - that's a decent number for a rookie ... but -- is he a long term answer or a stud in the making? Who knows ... but -- Graham has all the tools to be that and is too good to pass on ... Texans need to upgrade their pass D somehow and Graham is perfect for that ...

I find it hard to believe he was kept off the field because of the depth when, outside of Mario Williams, they are pretty weak at DE ... very weak, actually ... maybe he wasn't ready???

Unbiased
02-25-2010, 02:00 PM
I know they took Barwin. I didn't ignore that fact. He's a little undersized and suspect vs. the run and accounted for 4.5 sacks ... Yes - that's a decent number for a rookie ... but -- is he a long term answer or a stud in the making? Who knows ... but -- Graham has all the tools to be that and is too good to pass on ... Texans need to upgrade their pass D somehow and Graham is perfect for that ...

I find it hard to believe he was kept off the field because of the depth when, outside of Mario Williams, they are pretty weak at DE ... very weak, actually ... maybe he wasn't ready???

The gave Antonio Smith $35 million. They weren't going to keep him off the field. The only way they take a DE is if they move Smith inside, which could be a possiblity. But if they don't, I can't see them taking a backup in the first round.

RaiderNation
02-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Im fine with Morgan. JPP or Anthony Davis are good too

SRogers92
02-25-2010, 02:10 PM
But if they don't, I can't see them taking a backup in the first round.

Graham would start over Barwin or Antonio Smith ... Smith isn't great against the run and can't get to the QB ... Graham can do both(or atleast is projected as such) ... Not sure what point you're trying to make ... Do not draft a top talent DE, when it's still a position of need, because you have a project 2nd Round Pick and a not-so-good DE already on your roster?

To each his own ... we will see if they are in this position in April ;)

Pat Sims 90
02-25-2010, 03:13 PM
We dont need anymore Hard Hitting Safeties we need a Ballhawking Safety

Grizzlegom
02-25-2010, 03:27 PM
JPP is far from a no brainer with McClain still on the board, in fact McClain is a better pick for the phins.

SRogers92
02-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Really? You'd take an ILB in a 34(arguably the least important position) over a edge rusher in the 34(probably the most important position) ... makes ... sense?

LetsGoGiants!
02-25-2010, 03:43 PM
Good Giants pick.

prock
02-25-2010, 04:25 PM
If Ray Ray is gone, I love the Griffen pick. But if he stays, we really really don't need a DE, so I would rather go Pouncey there or even reach for a corner. But you have Ray leaving and the Vikes don't have many great options at 30.

Grizzlegom
02-25-2010, 04:42 PM
Really? You'd take an ILB in a 34(arguably the least important position) over a edge rusher in the 34(probably the most important position) ... makes ... sense?

While its debatable over which is better value, personally, I don't care how athletic JPP is, I feel he'd be miscast as a 3-4 OLB and should stay at DE. Aside from that, we have some good players at OLB, JT has one more year in him and Cameron Wake is already a top pass rusher, whereas we have pretty much nothing at ILB outside of Crowder who has been injured and isn't much of a playmaker (perfect number 2 ILB). We got KILLED by TEs last year and thats because we want our ILB and S to cover them and since neither of our safeties are good in coverage, i'd hope we'd get an ILB that can cover. In addition, Miami is one of the only 3-4 teams that provides a great pass rush from our DE position (Starks and the combo of Merling/Langford had at least 5 sacks) so if we were going to take an OLB, i'd hope we'd go for Kindle who has already proved he has the ability to work in coverage.

49erNation85
02-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Good 9ers pick . I"m gonna have to live with taking Spiller , We do need a play maker on Offense. Have to agree about Gore's injury problem specially Madden is where it hurts most lol .

proshoota25
02-25-2010, 05:33 PM
perfect patriots pick

CashmoneyDrew
02-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Just to be picky, Dan Williams is a home state boy not town. :p

Solid pick, but cornerback and defensive end are bigger needs.

gdamac
02-25-2010, 07:10 PM
I would prefer McClain for Oakland, but Morgan is good too.

thebow305
02-25-2010, 10:05 PM
JPP would be a great pick IMO, but Kindle and McClain would certainly work as well.

akvikefan89
02-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Griffen would have nowhere to play on the Vikings D-Line.

Abaddon
02-26-2010, 05:16 AM
Not completely sold on Morgan being a top 8 guy, but I wouldn't hate the pick in that situation.

SRogers92
02-26-2010, 08:35 AM
Griffen would have nowhere to play on the Vikings D-Line.

You've heard about this thing called FA, right? Besides -- outside of the Lions, Ray Edwards is typically a so-so DE ... 8.5 sacks this year, 3 against the Lions alone and the rest against craptacular OLs(Bears, Browns, and Packers) while not even being the 2nd option in terms of pass protection(Allen - Williams) ... Prior to this OK 8.5 sack season, he had 10 sacks ... the prior 2 seasons combined ...

The Vikings want to upgrade the pass defense and the pass rush is the best way to do that without any top DB prospects still on the board ... this pick is all dependent on the FA and Edwards' situation ... IMO -- they need to let him walk and grab a top flight pass rusher ala Griffen ...

Not completely sold on Morgan being a top 8 guy, but I wouldn't hate the pick in that situation.

Well -- It's my final pre-combine mock ... I think after the combine, he will have solidified himself as the top 43 DE in the draft ... we'll see how the combine goes ... if Dunlap performs amazingly, I could have the Jags-Raiders' picks flipped ;) ...

zachsaints52
02-27-2010, 08:53 AM
Price is a nice pick.