PDA

View Full Version : My First 2- Round Mock

Patriots_QB_12
02-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Never done a mock draft before, tell me what you think. Tear it apart if you want.

http://draftdebacled.com/publisheddraft.aspx?mdid=10787

eagles6606
02-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Not bad Eagles draft, I can assure you that we are not pleased with Macho's performance. Would be shocked to see Jahvid Best go that high. Undersized with injury issues.

vidae
02-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Mehhhhhhh. Don't love an OT to KC in the first at all, would prefer McClain or Berry there.

McClain -> Ducasse -> Gerhart would be a lot better for KC.

Pat Sims 90
02-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Gresham does not fit our style

Dont see us passing on Tate if he is there when we pick in the 2nd

proshoota25
02-25-2010, 09:09 PM
yawn.... another graham to patriots pick. just dont see it happening

prock
02-25-2010, 09:21 PM
colt mccoy isnt a first rounder

TheMatriculator
02-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Okung to the Chiefs at 5 - NO

There seems to be a conventional wisdom among the experts (Kiper, McShay, and even Scott Wright) that the Chiefs O-line is so bad that they must draft a LT. Numbers can a little deceiving here. While the Chiefs gave up 45 sacks, that was 37 in the first 10 games and 8 in the last 6. That's 1.3 sacks per game at the end compared to the Saints 1.25 per game for the season. Not so bad. In the final eight games, only Tennessee’s Chris Johnson ran for more yards (1,047) and racked up more offensive yards (1,388) than Charles (968; 1,126). Somebody must have blocked for him.

What happened? Well, when Larry Johnson ran out of women to slap and tweeted himself out of town, the Chiefs started to use a zone blocking scheme that better suited Jamal Charles. The lights came on! And hey, maybe this Haley guy knows something about coaching offense.

Now let's get to get Branden Albert, the guy Okung is supposed to replace. Albert went the entire month of December without allowing a sack. While he had five penalties, three occurred in one game against the Buffalo Bills. Perhaps even more impressive, Albert allowed only six pressures in four weeks (including just one in the season’s final three games). His pass blocking and run blocking over this period rated out as season highs.

In the final game, against one of the league’s top pass rushers, Denver’s Elvis Dumervil, who led the league in sacks, Elvis was shut out, and didn’t hit Cassel once, and had just one solo tackle. Not only did Albert take out Dumervil in Week 17, he left Aaron Schobel and Kamerion Wimbley sackless in the season’s final month, too. I could go on but you get the idea, Albert who struggled early with a Haley mandated weght loss and a new playbook 13 days before the start of the season (when Haley fired his OC) was playing really well at the end.

Now, I'm not saying the Chiefs O-line doesn't need help but most of the problems are on the inside and should be addressed in the second or third rounds. Rudy Niswanger spends way too much time in the backfield and will never be able to handle the big NTs. Wade Smith is a journeyman lineman at best and Brian Wateres skills are begining to decline. None of these problems compare to the woes of the defense.

As Vidae said, McClain or Berry.

wicket
02-26-2010, 02:00 AM
pouncey in the first is terrible imo but washington in the second is really nice.

imo you give the saitns a better player with the second rounder than the first rounder

Rosebud
02-26-2010, 04:23 AM
If McClain falls to us we could certainly take him, I'd prefer to trade down for Price or Dan Williams, but it's a legit pick. That second rounder is a no go however. We've still got Osi and if and when we trade him, we'll get additional picks to work with, until that point we have Tuck, Osi, Kiwi, Tollefson and Clint Sintim who can be a situational pass rusher. We need to address DT thoroughly this year and we need another safety as well.

Abaddon
02-26-2010, 05:11 AM
I really, really hope Al doesn't draft JPP. That guy scares the **** out of me.

Also, again, if Haden is there at 8, he'll be a Raider.

T-RICH49
02-26-2010, 11:09 AM
passing on Berry for an OT = fail

marshallb
02-26-2010, 11:10 AM
Well, it won't let me see the 2nd round b/c of some error, but Colt is NOT a first rounder or anywhere close. I'd be ok with taking him in the 2nd round, and that is where his value is at, mid 2nd-mid 3rd.

Poz51
02-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Okung to the Chiefs at 5 - NO

There seems to be a conventional wisdom among the experts (Kiper, McShay, and even Scott Wright) that the Chiefs O-line is so bad that they must draft a LT. Numbers can a little deceiving here. While the Chiefs gave up 45 sacks, that was 37 in the first 10 games and 8 in the last 6. That's 1.3 sacks per game at the end compared to the Saints 1.25 per game for the season. Not so bad. In the final eight games, only Tennessee’s Chris Johnson ran for more yards (1,047) and racked up more offensive yards (1,388) than Charles (968; 1,126). Somebody must have blocked for him.

What happened? Well, when Larry Johnson ran out of women to slap and tweeted himself out of town, the Chiefs started to use a zone blocking scheme that better suited Jamal Charles. The lights came on! And hey, maybe this Haley guy knows something about coaching offense.

Now let's get to get Branden Albert, the guy Okung is supposed to replace. Albert went the entire month of December without allowing a sack. While he had five penalties, three occurred in one game against the Buffalo Bills. Perhaps even more impressive, Albert allowed only six pressures in four weeks (including just one in the season’s final three games). His pass blocking and run blocking over this period rated out as season highs.

In the final game, against one of the league’s top pass rushers, Denver’s Elvis Dumervil, who led the league in sacks, Elvis was shut out, and didn’t hit Cassel once, and had just one solo tackle. Not only did Albert take out Dumervil in Week 17, he left Aaron Schobel and Kamerion Wimbley sackless in the season’s final month, too. I could go on but you get the idea, Albert who struggled early with a Haley mandated weght loss and a new playbook 13 days before the start of the season (when Haley fired his OC) was playing really well at the end.

Now, I'm not saying the Chiefs O-line doesn't need help but most of the problems are on the inside and should be addressed in the second or third rounds. Rudy Niswanger spends way too much time in the backfield and will never be able to handle the big NTs. Wade Smith is a journeyman lineman at best and Brian Wateres skills are begining to decline. None of these problems compare to the woes of the defense.

As Vidae said, McClain or Berry.

This was well said, and although I am not a K.C. fan, I am now a fan of you, + rep for the insight, and overall intelligent response!! This is what a reply should look like 8)

Poz51
02-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Never done a mock draft before, tell me what you think. Tear it apart if you want.

The Bills mock is great until it gets to the second round... Davis is perfect in the first, but passing arguably the second rated 3-4 nose tackle in the draft, and a guy who was the main clog in Alabama not allowing a 100 yard rusher since I was went through puberty, for a WR seems senseless, especially when you consider the Bills are switching to a 3-4, and the 4-3 personel last year couldnt stop Mount Union's rushing attack... Oh, and we dont have a QB who can truely utilize Thomas's skill set, other than Fitzpatrick, who really is a solid backup more than a starter. This is not a knock on D. Thomas who would be a steal in the next round, and presents good value as it is, but the Bills have stated that addressing the lines is a priority and for the first time in years I believe them :eek:

thebow305
02-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Great Phins pick!

PhysicalwithanF
02-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Perfect first round for the Niners

TheMatriculator
02-26-2010, 02:32 PM
This was well said, and although I am not a K.C. fan, I am now a fan of you, + rep for the insight, and overall intelligent response!! This is what a reply should look like 8)

Thanks! I appreciate the goood words. :D

OSUGiants17
02-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Good Giants draft, I love McClain but don't really care for the round 2 pick