PDA

View Full Version : PERSONAL TOP TEN by POS

steelcrew43
02-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Some of my rankings based on a mixture of production, ceiling, some film, and gut feeling of how they will turn out at the next level

QB
1.Sam Bradford OKLA
2.Jimmy Clausen ND
3.Jevan Snead OLE MISS
4.Tony Pike CIN
5.Colt McCoy TEX
6.Zac Robinson OKST
7.Dan Lefevour CMU
8.Levi Brown TROY
9. Tim Tebow UF
10. Sean Canfield ORST

RB
1.Jonathan Dwyer GT
2.CJ Spiller CLEMSON
3.LaGarrette Blount ORE
4.Ryan Mathews FRESNO
5.Montario Hardesty TEN
6.Toby Gerhart STAN
7.Javhid Best CAL
8.Anthony Dixon MissST
9.Joe Mcknight USC
10.Dexter McCluster OLE MISS

WR
1.Dez Bryant OKST
2.Golden Tate ND
3.Brandon Lafell LSU
4.Mardy Gilyard CIN
5.Demaryious Thomas GT
6.Damian Willaims USC
7.Arrelious Benn ILL
8.Jordan Shipley TEX
9.Mike Williams SYR
10.Eric Decker MINN

steelcrew43
02-25-2010, 10:19 PM
any thoughts so far??

vidae
02-25-2010, 10:21 PM
I think it's surprising that you have Dwyer over Spiller but other than that I don't see anything really out of place.

CC.SD
02-25-2010, 10:25 PM
You might be onto something with Blount ranked above some of the more conventional picks. I still have Clausen over Bradford though, do not approve of this recent surge by mr. glass.

Don Vito
02-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Snead at number 3 is interesting, talent wise it could work but I doubt he is near there right now. He could work himself up if he looks good in Indy and at his pro day, but his Cotton Bowl performance and poor final season have hurt him.

Duffman57
02-25-2010, 10:59 PM
I really like the blount rankings. I think he has one of the highest upsides in the draft. Most of his problems are very teachable.

steelcrew43
02-25-2010, 11:54 PM
As far as the Bradford ranking, I've had him higher than clausen all along- might just be that he's a winner

I figured i would get a lot of heat for Blount but he was my number one for preseason and his ceiling is incredibly high

I placed Dwyer above Spiller because i was going for a pure runningback - Spiller is much more dynamic and explosive but... id rather have a tough grind it out back than a hit or miss HR hitter

SickwithIt1010
02-26-2010, 12:05 AM
You might be onto something with Blount ranked above some of the more conventional picks. I still have Clausen over Bradford though, do not approve of this recent surge by mr. glass.

He had one injury this year and now hes mr. glass?

Clausen is hurt right now....and as far as im concerned i see Jimmy as Mrs. Glass.

descendency
02-26-2010, 12:10 AM
Jevan Snead can't read a defense to save his life. He's ABYSMAL.

Tim Tebow can't be that low. I agree he isn't a top 2 QB, but to say he's below Daryl Clark is just insane.

Some of the other things are interesting, but not disagreeable.

steelcrew43
02-26-2010, 12:15 AM
i knew i was going to hear about the Clark over Tebow.. my thought is if they use him/them as a H-back/Wilcat type player then id put there value at a pretty equal level.. just dont think Tebow will flourish in any current NFL system as the starting QB.. I'd rather cut my rankings off at the 8th QB

steelcrew43
02-26-2010, 12:18 AM
and the Snead thing was definetly just a slight gut feeling/ceiling pick.

umphrey
02-26-2010, 03:06 AM
Did you put Tebow at #10 just so he could be on the list and you wouldn't have to answer everyone asking how you could forget about Tebow?

steelcrew43
02-26-2010, 05:30 AM
Did you put Tebow at #10 just so he could be on the list and you wouldn't have to answer everyone asking how you could forget about Tebow?

yea you pretty much nailed it .. same goes with Clark

steelcrew43
02-26-2010, 06:08 AM
Defensive Rankings are kinda screwy.. Attempted to combine some of the LB/DE to give a different look ... let me know what you think

S
1.Eric Berry TEN
2.Earl Thomas TEX
3.Chad Jones LSU
4.Taylor Mays USC
5.Major Wright UF
6.Darrell Stuckey KAN
7.Morgan Burnett GT
8.Nate Allen USF
9.Kurt Coleman tOSU
10.Myron Rolle FSU

CB
1.Joe Haden UF
2.Alterraun Verner UCLA
3.Patrick Robinson FSU
4.Donovan Warren UM
5.Kyle Wilson BOST
6.Perrish Cox OKST
7.Walter Thurmond ORE
8.Devin McCourty RU
9.Brandon Ghee WF
10.Chris Cook VA

4-3 OLB/ ILB*
1.Rolando McClain Alabama
2.Eric Norwood USC
3.Navorro Bowman PSU
4.Sean Witherspoon MIZ
5.Brandon Spikes UF
6.Darryl Washington TCU
7.Borris Lee TROY
8.Donald Butler WAS
9.Pat Angerer IOWA
10.Micah Johnson KU

3-4 OLB/ DE
1.Derrick Morgan GT
2.Sergio Kindle TEX
3.Carlos Dunlop UF
4.Eric Norwood USC
5.Navaorro Bowman PSU
6.Brandon Graham UM
7.Jason Pierre Paul USF
8.Thaddeus Gibson tOSU
9.Sean Witherspoon MIz
10.Everson Griffin USC

DT
1.Ndamukong Suh NEB
2.Gerald McCoy OKLA
3.Terrence Cody ALA
4.Brian Price UCLA
5.Dan Williams TEN
6.Jared Odrick PSU
7.Cam Thomas UNC
8.Doug Worthington tOSU
9.Geno Atkins GEO
10.Arthur Jones SYR

steelcrew43
02-26-2010, 09:17 AM
anything on the D skills rankings? .. Also, I'm starting Jersey Transfers back up.. I have to put finishing touches on Mardy Gilyard to the Ravens ... Anyone have a suggestion/good quality picture

Grizzlegom
02-26-2010, 09:33 AM
yea you pretty much nailed it .. same goes with Clark

i agree on Clark, he doesn't belong in anyone's top 10 QB rankings. This is coming from a Penn State fan.

steelcrew43
02-26-2010, 09:36 AM
QB rankings edited .. I do like Clark's athletic ability hopefully he will get a shot like michael robinson .. and im an OSU fan your right he's not a pro qb

descendency
02-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Brandon Graham not being listed as the #1 OLB is insane. But what is worse is having Carlos Dunlap listed as 34 OLB. He is 34 DE big. He'll be a 34 DE or 43 DE. Not a 34 OLB.

Derrick Morgan is a 43 DE only.

You need far more categories at LB and DL. Too many types of DL and LBs. ILB, OLB 43, OLB 34, DE are the minimum. Some of those positions are too hard to compare to group like that.

steelcrew43
02-26-2010, 11:46 AM
yeah it was hard to do the combined categories .. the slash could be simply replaced with the word "or"

ericzedwards
02-26-2010, 12:37 PM
Some of these are very interesting but overall I don't see any that I could completely disagree with, other than I think Arrelious Benn should be ranked higher, even though I do think he has as good of a shot to never be an impact receiver as he does to be one.

killxswitch
02-26-2010, 02:56 PM
Agree Blount is better than he's getting credit for right now. If no one takes him in the 1st 2 rounds he is this year's Shonn Greene.

Addict
02-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Mount Cody as the #3 DT seems off to me. Too much of a headache.

keylime_5
02-26-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm not and never was high on Tebow as a pro prospect. After hearing him talk about how he'll do whatever it takes to succeed in the NFL at QB and how he's adament that he'll change his delivery and be a weight room/film room junkie, I find it hard to put anyone above him in my QB rankings other than Bradford and Clausen. He's a project, but those other guys (McCoy, Pike, Snead) are big projects too. And if QB doesn't work out for Timmy, then he could at least get a shot at FB or H-Back, which you can't say about any other QB this year.