PDA

View Full Version : The San Diego Chargers Will Falter in 2010

raiderchampion3
02-26-2010, 01:07 PM
http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu255/scaybray/TROLL.jpg

The San Diego Chargers are a team that has their window close to shut if already not shut for a lombardi trophy. They have no running game and a QB that chokes under pressure. on Defense they have a weak secondary with an aging defensive line. I think teams like the Raiders, Chiefs and Broncos has to be licking their chops next season with the Chargers possibly not even making the playoffs.

Splat
02-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Funny guy.

raiderchampion3
02-26-2010, 01:21 PM
What's so funny about that?

Splat
02-26-2010, 01:23 PM
I don't know maybe the fact that SD is by far the best team in the AFC West?

bored of education
02-26-2010, 01:25 PM
By falter do you mean only win 10 games?

raiderchampion3
02-26-2010, 01:25 PM
I think in the line of 8 to 9 maybe 10 wins.

Splat
02-26-2010, 01:28 PM
I think in the line of 8 to 9 maybe 10 wins.

So you think a team other then SD is going to win more then 10 games to win the west?

raiderchampion3
02-26-2010, 01:28 PM
I think 9 will likely get it done?

bored of education
02-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Well they are going to get at least 4 wins in division.

raiderchampion3
02-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Who are those teams?

bored of education
02-26-2010, 01:32 PM
they play oakland two times, kc two times denver two times. I think they win 4 of those 6 games. most likely sweeping kc again :(

raiderchampion3
02-26-2010, 01:33 PM
You make a good point but sooner or later those teams will improve and I think it will be sooner rather than later.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
02-27-2010, 01:22 AM
As long as Al Davis supports Jamarcus Russell, Oakland will not improve. IMO KC is one more year away from being a serious player in the division. Denver will undoubtedly shoot out to a big division lead, getting all of our pessimistic fans excited, but then blow it. Such is the AFC West. Rivers doesn't need a running game or defense.

vidae
02-27-2010, 01:34 AM
As much as it pains me to say it, Rivers is one of the best QBs in the NFL right now. I SERIOUSLY doubt anyone else contends for the division this year.

bantx
02-27-2010, 02:50 AM
who is this silly person, lolicups. If you didnt notice Rivers has been playing with no run game and a decent and by decent i mean not very good defense. Nothing and we still had a great season last season. It's easy to draft a solid RB now and days, with our pass happy offense all we really need is a RB that can run inbetween the tackles and get some yards. Our defense played pretty well even with all the injuries we had, our D-line looked doomed with jwill out for the season but with the rotation we had we had a solid year from them. Merriman coming back from a injury that usually takes a few years to get over the injury still played pretty well, him taking on double teams helped a lot. Not to mention English rotating in makes our LB core even better. With the right draft picks I think we will still be the top team in the AFC west, even if we don't the up and coming teams in the AFC west imo still has a few years to be contenders in this division, excluding Oakland cause I mean come on, its Oakland.

CC.SD
02-27-2010, 09:43 AM
Wow some decent conversation actually emerging from this thread. Come on back and face reality raiderchamp.

I have also stated that I am high on the Chiefs next year as well, am completely on the Charles bandwagon and also pretty sure Berry will slip to them.

vidae
02-27-2010, 10:18 AM
That picture is amazing.

02-27-2010, 06:46 PM
ROFL, just saw the pic. Great job CC.

raiderchampion3
02-27-2010, 07:08 PM
CC SD you just might be a Chiefs fan , then!

raiderchampion3
02-27-2010, 07:09 PM
BANTX wasn't Oakland in a super bowl this decade and by the way when was the last time the Chargers were in the super bowl and how many super bowls have they won ,let me think 0!

bantx
02-28-2010, 12:00 AM
BANTX wasn't Oakland in a super bowl this decade and by the way when was the last time the Chargers were in the super bowl and how many super bowls have they won ,let me think 0!

Stop living in the past, in all your post you seem to be talking nothing about raiders past. Why not compare your current raiders to our current Chargers, raiders has been at the bottom for a long time and won't be on the up and coming for a long time now.

Chargers > raiders

raiderchampion3
02-28-2010, 04:07 PM
The Chargers window has closed!

CC.SD
02-28-2010, 07:28 PM
No it hasn't.

Splat
02-28-2010, 07:30 PM
The Chargers window has closed!

The Raiders window was never open.

02-28-2010, 08:03 PM
The Raiders window was never open.

Winner, winner...

http://www.perdue.com/files/Easy%20Sunder%20Dinner%20Roast%20Chicken.jpg

raiderchampion3
02-28-2010, 08:04 PM
It is always open!

02-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Like Jamarcus Russell's mouth!

raiderchampion3
02-28-2010, 09:10 PM
At least we have a team that has won more super bowls then the donkeys!

bergo23
03-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Even Oakland has a chance to get better if they move on from the Jamarcus project.

The Bolts have no obvious weaknesses, their running game will improve...mark my words, I was the last off the LT bandwagon...but young guns, will add juice we simply didn't have.

Stopping the run, will only improve with Jamal coming back...and the rest of the Dline young guns a year older.

Our only potential weakness is special teams...with Osgood probably leaving, and Sproles.

AJ has proven he can find talent in the draft, especially in later rounds and UDFA...so until Pioli proves his talent harvesting skills weren't mostly Bellicheats, I ain't worried. We don't yet know how McDaniels and their FO will due on draft day, both verdicts are still out from their 2009 classes (as with ours).

Until Al takes his dirt nap, I will continue to cheer the Raiders draft day blunders.

CC.SD
03-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Even Oakland has a chance to get better if they move on from the Jamarcus project.

The Bolts have no obvious weaknesses, their running game will improve...mark my words, I was the last off the LT bandwagon...but young guns, will add juice we simply didn't have.

Stopping the run, will only improve with Jamal coming back...and the rest of the Dline young guns a year older.

Our only potential weakness is special teams...with Osgood probably leaving, and Sproles.

AJ has proven he can find talent in the draft, especially in later rounds and UDFA...so until Pioli proves his talent harvesting skills weren't mostly Bellicheats, I ain't worried. We don't yet know how McDaniels and their FO will due on draft day, both verdicts are still out from their 2009 classes (as with ours).

Until Al takes his dirt nap, I will continue to cheer the Raiders draft day blunders.

I think we're going to see AJ draft a DB higher than expected if he has return skills. Once Cro is shipped out we'll have a better idea of what our needs will be. If we just get a pick in return, that'd be terrific, the higher the better.

Jamal returning, I'm not so sure how much stock we can put into that. First of all he is due a huge bonus, and could in fact be cut. I doubt that happens, but it's a poss. Secondly I don't know if he will be as dominant as we need him to be. I'm definitely pushing for NT in the first round if anyone remotely worth taking is there. RB can wait til the 2nd.

adrunkcow
03-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Wait not so fast cc sd, Jamal might not be returning! http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2010/3/4/1356739/will-the-san-diego-chargers

I have just become very sad.... personally I don't think that 2010 is going to be a down year, unless you think winning 10-12 games is a down year. If the Chargers have good draft this year, than I think they can still be a powerhouse. On another note I would just like to say that I think the Chargers are over valuing Sproles a little.

CC.SD
03-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Jamal returning, I'm not so sure how much stock we can put into that. First of all he is due a huge bonus, and could in fact be cut. I doubt that happens, but it's a poss. Secondly I don't know if he will be as dominant as we need him to be. I'm definitely pushing for NT in the first round if anyone remotely worth taking is there. RB can wait til the 2nd.

Wait not so fast cc sd, Jamal might not be returning! http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2010/3/4/1356739/will-the-san-diego-chargers

Hm, basically I am prescient. This sucks but hopefully Ian Scott returns and we draft a prime DT. This shouldn't change our draft plans.

As for being a down year...I don't know. My belief in Rivers/Gates/Jackson/Floyd is infinite. With a complete draft for the first time in forever, and probably no Cro, the defense will definitely be better. Running game can't be any worse. Bottom line is that we will win the division again and from there, who knows.

adrunkcow
03-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Yeah I would agree. My only concern is Floyd, who is getting older and is still injury prone, even though he did play every game last year. Rivers/Gates/Jackson are great and are going to be great for the next several years.

bergo23
03-05-2010, 08:47 AM
If Jamal comes back, it will be a more team friendly deal...and with the importance of the position, a team like KC might pull the trigger, and pay him more than the Bolts are willing. Both KC and Denver need NT's...and they know what a healthy Jamal can do. I say one of our competitors in the AFC West pays him.

My biggest question at NT is whether or not Vaughn Martin can become one...and I don't even know if our coaching staff is projecting him there. I noticed he has a 12 week recovery time for surgery, if he can put on 20-25 pounds maybe he can be the plugger we need.

If he is not the future at the position, its time to strongly consider Cody or Dan Williams if they are there.

Everybody else seems like 5 tech guys (Odrick, etc).

Anybody have any darkhorse middle round guys who could become a stud NT?

bergo23
11-09-2010, 03:35 PM

Well this was a little prophetic, but its been TONS worse than I ever could have imagined.

11-09-2010, 03:42 PM
I miss RC3.

vidae
11-09-2010, 04:00 PM
sabf you just wish you had as many rings as mr davis! how many do the donkeys have? oh thats right less than the raiders!

11-09-2010, 04:02 PM
I wish I still had my PMs from him. Dude hated me. We had some hilarious exchanges.

CC.SD
11-10-2010, 04:25 PM

looooooooooooollllllllllllll nice call. Honestly is it that much of a stretch to say we would be undefeated right now if we had even average special teams play?

2 kr touchdowns
1 pr touchdown
massive yardage every single opponent return.

4 blocked punts, 1 'deflected' punt.

blocked extra point.

horribly timed missed field goals, Kaeding and Scifres both injured.

on our 5th long snapper of the season...

absolutely nothing in the return game from Sproles.........

mind numbing mistakes/penalties in every facet of special teams.............

5 losses, none by more than a touchdown???????

bergo23
11-10-2010, 04:30 PM
The St. Louis game is the only one that we couldn't blame on special teams.
I have NEVER seen anything like it...hopefully we get it fixed enough to find a way into the tournament.

We also have had multiple gaffes on KO return offensively with Sproles and Hester this last game.

I am hoping AJ picks up Jason Allen, loved him coming out of Vol country...and he is supposedly a ST ace.