PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Combine Mock (1st Mock Ever)

TheMorningZoo
02-26-2010, 06:39 PM
With all your input, comments, and criticism-I am now going to start my Post-Combine Mock with now rounds 2 and 3.

OLD Mock (Pre-Combine)
1.Ndamakong Suh, DT, Nebraska
2. Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
3. Eric Berry, S/DB, Tenneessee
4. Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
5. Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
6. Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
7. Joe Haden, CB, Florida
8. JPP, DE, USF
9. Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
10. Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
11. Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
12. Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas
13. CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson
14. Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
15. Brian Price, DT, UCLA
16. Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
17. Taylor Mays, S, USC
18. Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
19. Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida
20. Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
21. Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
22. Brandon Graham, DE/OLB, Michigan
23. Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
24. Earl Thomas, S, Texas
25. Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois
26. Everson Griffin, DE/OLB, USC
27. Trent Williams, OL, Oklahoma
28. Ryan Matthews, RB, Fresno State
29. Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
30. Dan Williams, DT, Tenneessee
31. Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State
32. Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Mizzou

V.I.P
02-26-2010, 06:48 PM
I'd prefer Dez Bryant instead of Eric Berry, but i guess we can just get a WR in the second round.

RaiderNation
02-26-2010, 06:52 PM
I support the JPP pick

AkiliSmith
02-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Bengals don't use the tight end as a receiver

TheMatriculator
02-26-2010, 07:16 PM
McClain to the Chiefs...Good pick and nice write-up.

prock
02-26-2010, 07:20 PM
Helllz yeah Dan Williams to the Vikes.

TheMorningZoo
02-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Bengals don't use the tight end as a receiver

are you saying along the lines of a Dallas Clark, or the TE is only utilzed in blocking sets?

49erNation85
02-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Nice try on the Jax but if they pick a QB this draft , its gonna be home town kid Tebow if any one else . Descent 9ers . Nice work tho .

Pat Sims 90
02-26-2010, 09:23 PM
are you saying along the lines of a Dallas Clark, or the TE is only utilzed in blocking sets?

We dont even use them in Blocking sets that much if we do we have 1 TE and bring in a OT to be the 2nd TE. So TE postion is pretty much useless in our offense we will not draft a TE high unless our scheme changes but i doubt that happens with Brat as our OC

Go_Eagles77
02-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Awesome eagles pick.

Unbiased
02-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Obviously that's a great Jacksonville pick. Probably unlikely, but that would be amazing.

vikes_28
02-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Great Vikings mock!

raiderchampion3
02-26-2010, 11:11 PM
The Raiders will chose an offensive tackle, the Raiders have a lot of young d-ends not to mention Seymour and Ellis.

proshoota25
02-26-2010, 11:42 PM
i personally like graham, but i doubt that the patriots pick him. too small for our system,and bill never usually goes away from his priorities.

TheMorningZoo
02-27-2010, 02:02 AM
We dont even use them in Blocking sets that much if we do we have 1 TE and bring in a OT to be the 2nd TE. So TE postion is pretty much useless in our offense we will not draft a TE high unless our scheme changes but i doubt that happens with Brat as our OC

Gotcha, sort of like what Stanford did this year with a lot of their sets (granted they sometimes use multiple TE's but for blocking purposes). They also bring in extra OL as TE eligible and run to the strong side. I think Coffman has the tools to succeed, but if your OC isn't big on them, I can see him going with a WR or defensive playmaker.

Nice try on the Jax but if they pick a QB this draft , its gonna be home town kid Tebow if any one else . Descent 9ers . Nice work tho .

Tebow won't be Jax's savior, but I do see where you are going with that. He is a long term project, and with the Texans and Titans improving, Jax is looking to finish last in the South. I think they will go DE, but if a Franchise QB is available they would go for it. Let's face it, if they take Tebow with the intent of him being the QB and he does not pan out-they will be in the same situation down the road. We have all seen on how whiffing on a QB sets back a franchise, and Del Rio doesn't have a whole lot of time to work with.

The Raiders will chose an offensive tackle, the Raiders have a lot of young d-ends not to mention Seymour and Ellis.

I think that if Campbell tears up the combine (which he most likely will), he could move ahead of JPP. But Gregg Ellis is 34, and a stop gap solution. And would the raiders consider moving Seymour inside since they play a 4-3? I think JPP could still be the pick, and we all know how Al is set in his ways!

vidae
02-27-2010, 02:13 AM
Pretty much perfect KC pick at this point and excellent write-up.

21ST
02-27-2010, 08:03 AM
Great skins pick

zachsaints52
02-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Spoon is an amazing pick.

T-RICH49
02-27-2010, 09:53 AM
with Berry gone good KC pick

TheMorningZoo
02-27-2010, 11:39 AM
With Bruce Campbell tearing up the combine, I can see things changing for the raiders. Their Tackles are nothing special, granted Khalif Barnes was decent when he was in Jax (haven't really followed him in Oakland). I want to see how JPP does in the drills before I consider the switch however.

Babylon
02-27-2010, 02:15 PM
Seattle

Anthony Davis has looked anything but the #6 pick in the draft.

Also Sam Bradford will most likely be gone before the #14 pick, thankfully.

thebow305
02-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Great Miami pick! And I agree with the explanation, although there just wouldn't be a NT worthy of that high of a pick. If we trade down, that would be another story.

I actually wouldn't mind Jermaine Gresham there as an upgrade to our offense.

Pick6TheSaintWay
02-28-2010, 05:18 PM

What he said.

TheMorningZoo
02-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Seattle

Anthony Davis has looked anything but the #6 pick in the draft.

Also Sam Bradford will most likely be gone before the #14 pick, thankfully.

Davis isn't doing himself any favors this week and in addition the other Tackles are really helping themselves out (especially Campbell and Williams). Still, the game tape doesn't lie, while Davis is inconsistent at times he still has a lot of potential/upside.

Bradford most likely will be gone, but let's see how he checks out medically and throws at his Pro-Day (he still has questions surrounding him projecting to the NFL offense). + Jake Locker to Seattle next year would be even better!

Great Miami pick! And I agree with the explanation, although there just wouldn't be a NT worthy of that high of a pick. If we trade down, that would be another story.

I actually wouldn't mind Jermaine Gresham there as an upgrade to our offense.

Yeah, Dan Williams would be a reach ( then again, quality NT's are few and far in between), and I do not think Parcells would touch Cody. People talk how he gets his ass in shape when told to do so, but why is he even out of shape in the first place? Football is a year round committment, and you would think by the end of the season he would have been underweight due to all of the work put in. He must have gorged once the BCS game was over.

And Gresham would be a nice compliment to the offense. Fasano had a nice '08 season, but didn't put up that great of numbers last year. Henne could use more targets as well.

What he said.

Agreed, he is a beast! Granted he can play in both the 4-3/3-4 (supposedly), he should flourish in the 4-3 (if the Chargers ran the 4-3 I would be drooling over him, solid player)

marshallb
03-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Excellent Vikings pick. You're right, S is a bigger need, but Williams has much better value.

TheMorningZoo
03-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Excellent Vikings pick. You're right, S is a bigger need, but Williams has much better value.

Yeah, the Vikings kind of remind me of the Chargers, where they don't have a lot of holes to fill, but are drafting more for depth this year. Granted we don't know what is happening with the QB situaiton, but it isn't in disarray like the Rams, etc. I am going to knock out a new mock this week post combine, and I think a lot of things will change, some players moved up, few moved down, but for the most part the positions of need should stay the same (except maybe the Raiders).

Thing is with Williams, players like him, Weatherspoon, and even some of the OT's have the possibility to go early-mid Teens, to late round 1, they have the VALUE of early picks, but whether the need is great or not determines where they go (especially LB's)

Poz51
03-02-2010, 01:05 PM
1st Mock, so I will do w/o trades, FA acquisitions, etc...
9. BUF Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
10. JAX Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame

Not the end of the world for Buffalo, sound reasoning, I just think that if given the chance to draft the franchise QB you dont pass especially when the group of QB's you have is not anything to write home about. So with both positions being high need, but Clausen a better value, I would go with Clausen over Bulaga. Plus Mayock isnt high on Clausen and was drooling over Maybin last year so it makes sense...

jpyaks3
03-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Awful 49ers draft. There is no way they don't address the offensive line in some way in the 1st round.

TheMorningZoo
03-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Not the end of the world for Buffalo, sound reasoning, I just think that if given the chance to draft the franchise QB you dont pass especially when the group of QB's you have is not anything to write home about. So with both positions being high need, but Clausen a better value, I would go with Clausen over Bulaga. Plus Mayock isnt high on Clausen and was drooling over Maybin last year so it makes sense...

I totally agree, but the way I look at the Bills franchise, they do need a QB, but they have no O-Line to protect their investment. Butler just retired last week, and they have had a revolving door of lineman coming in and out. They can never get it right it seems. Jason Peters who was their really only standout lineman left, Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker were in and out, last time they took a lineman with a high draft pick (Mike Williams) he busted hard, they just don't really have luck it seems. If they take Clausen, the lack of O-Line can really regress him, and they will be taking OL next year. They aren't in my opinion going to compete this year in the East, so they might as well shore up their O-Line production, pound the rock, and try to get someone to manage the game for them. Next year will be a better QB class with Locker and Mallet alone, who I think are both better prospects than Bradford/Clausen. I will not be suprised if they do go QB, but I think O-Line makes a lot of sense. Why put so much $ and time invested into a QB if he has no protection? We all saw how Trent Edwards did (and I think he has potential).

Splat
03-02-2010, 01:35 PM
I like the Chiefs pick but don't think it will happen.

Poz51
03-03-2010, 08:52 AM
I totally agree, but the way I look at the Bills franchise, they do need a QB, but they have no O-Line to protect their investment. Butler just retired last week, and they have had a revolving door of lineman coming in and out. They can never get it right it seems. Jason Peters who was their really only standout lineman left, Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker were in and out, last time they took a lineman with a high draft pick (Mike Williams) he busted hard, they just don't really have luck it seems. If they take Clausen, the lack of O-Line can really regress him, and they will be taking OL next year. They aren't in my opinion going to compete this year in the East, so they might as well shore up their O-Line production, pound the rock, and try to get someone to manage the game for them. Next year will be a better QB class with Locker and Mallet alone, who I think are both better prospects than Bradford/Clausen. I will not be suprised if they do go QB, but I think O-Line makes a lot of sense. Why put so much $ and time invested into a QB if he has no protection? We all saw how Trent Edwards did (and I think he has potential).

Jason Peters certainly gave up on them, but was good before he pulled his coup d'etat, and they probably should have worked with him, or just taken Oher in the draft last year like they should have, but thats the old regime. Anyway they certainly need a LT in my mind, Bell is too raw, and a couple years away from being at least functional. Butler retiring hurts, but in terms of getting it right, they did seem to last year drafting Wood and Levitre on the inside, and signing Meredith was a good move, as he improved during the season, and for my money should start at RT next year, that however does not help the need at LT, and depth... Mike Williams was a terrible pick over McKennie then, and still is today, in fact I once soon after that draft expressed that thought to Donahoe... Needless to say he did not like me after that... Interesting story for another time. If they take Clausen they certainly would have to invest there second pick in a LT, or trade up and do something similar to what Atlanta did a couple years ago. I would agree that they are not going to compete in the East this year, but do need to lay the foundation for future success two and three years from now. Interesting you mention Locker and Mallatt, I agree 100%, and would myself prefer to build the foundation for them to come into a winning situation, so I agree. I think for me I do not see Bulaga as that good of a prospect to take top ten, and Clausen is a better value, but Bulaga would not be the end of the world for Buffalo or myself as a fan, at least he makes sense. You certainly have a good handle on Buffalo! You should do a second and or third round, I would love to see what you came up with, keeping in mind Buffalo is also switching to the 3-4 and has no true nose. I believe I popped your rep cherry, and will certainly continue with the rep with these types of mocks and discussions, nice work :D

TheMorningZoo
03-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Jason Peters certainly gave up on them, but was good before he pulled his coup d'etat, and they probably should have worked with him, or just taken Oher in the draft last year like they should have, but thats the old regime. Anyway they certainly need a LT in my mind, Bell is too raw, and a couple years away from being at least functional. Butler retiring hurts, but in terms of getting it right, they did seem to last year drafting Wood and Levitre on the inside, and signing Meredith was a good move, as he improved during the season, and for my money should start at RT next year, that however does not help the need at LT, and depth... Mike Williams was a terrible pick over McKennie then, and still is today, in fact I once soon after that draft expressed that thought to Donahoe... Needless to say he did not like me after that... Interesting story for another time. If they take Clausen they certainly would have to invest there second pick in a LT, or trade up and do something similar to what Atlanta did a couple years ago. I would agree that they are not going to compete in the East this year, but do need to lay the foundation for future success two and three years from now. Interesting you mention Locker and Mallatt, I agree 100%, and would myself prefer to build the foundation for them to come into a winning situation, so I agree. I think for me I do not see Bulaga as that good of a prospect to take top ten, and Clausen is a better value, but Bulaga would not be the end of the world for Buffalo or myself as a fan, at least he makes sense. You certainly have a good handle on Buffalo! You should do a second and or third round, I would love to see what you came up with, keeping in mind Buffalo is also switching to the 3-4 and has no true nose. I believe I popped your rep cherry, and will certainly continue with the rep with these types of mocks and discussions, nice work :D

haha yeah, thanks for the +rep (I got you back :D), and it is good talking football in general. I am in between some of my classes right now and will be starting a new mock, at least 2 rounds this time-possibly 3 if I have the patience to look into each scenario for all teams. I think I will throw it up in this thread, and just list the old Mock for reference.