PDA

View Full Version : I see both QB's gone in the first 4 picks

superman
02-28-2010, 12:43 AM
the more i think about it, the more i agree rams need to go ahead and get their franchise qb right now. even if they have another awful season, having that guy in place will keep the organization positive.

and it's no secret washington has been trying to get rid of campbell every year (i don't see why, i actually think he's done well there). but shanny will want his own qb and clausen has a better arm than bradford anyway. judging from elway, plummer, and cutler, he won't mind the attitude.

lions take suh, bucs take mccoy. all is well in the world. berry and okung drop a little.

(all injuries checking out of course, and both qb's having good pro days)

BeerBaron
02-28-2010, 01:02 AM
The 2nd QB doesn't necessarily need to go to Washington either. After last year with the Jets moving way up for Sanchez, giving up relatively little, I could see it happening again.

vidae
02-28-2010, 01:06 AM
I don't see anyone trading up top 5, even though I'd love the Chiefs to move back a bit.

Stranger
02-28-2010, 01:09 AM
The 2nd QB doesn't necessarily need to go to Washington either. After last year with the Jets moving way up for Sanchez, giving up relatively little, I could see it happening again.

If he gets past Washington I could see the Bills trading up to 5 to snag him before Seattle. Seems like a trade the Chiefs would be up for since it would leave them ahead of the other likely McClain landing spots and Okung would probably be off the board.

descendency
02-28-2010, 01:10 AM

That was a fairly unique situation though. A coach from a team that wanted to move up was fired and went to a team that had a high pick.

Mangini wanted some of his players so he took less than he should, moved down, and got some players he wanted.

I agree with the OP. Both QBs will struggle to make it passed #4.

BeerBaron
02-28-2010, 01:24 AM
Unique situation last year or not, I could definitely see the Lions or Bucs accept a little less to get out of paying top 5 money, especially since it might be the last year in which rookie contracts will be outrageous. (I have confidence, perhaps misplaced but nonetheless, in a new CBA getting worked out before 2011 with a rookie salary structure in place.)

There are more than two teams out there in need of a franchise QB, and after Clausen and Bradford, it turns into a real crapshoot of the remaining QBs. Tebow or McCoy anyone?

vidae
02-28-2010, 01:26 AM
If he gets past Washington I could see the Bills trading up to 5 to snag him before Seattle. Seems like a trade the Chiefs would be up for since it would leave them ahead of the other likely McClain landing spots and Okung would probably be off the board.

That's the absolute best case scenario for us right now, if McClain is the target.

I just hope the Bulaga love isn't true.

Stranger
02-28-2010, 01:43 AM
I think the only thing that would hold the Bills back is that they are switching defensive schemes and need all of the picks they can get, especially in a year with a smaller free agent pool

Saints-Tigers
02-28-2010, 03:12 AM
It's looking more and more like it. Bradford seems to be making great impressions and is very highly thought of, even though I don't agree, and the more I watch Clausen on film, the more I see a franchise QB.

Scotty D
02-28-2010, 05:42 AM
I have a feeling Seattle is going to trade up to get a QB. Similar to the Jets(new coach) last year I think they go up and get a QBOTF to give some life to the team. They have some flexibility with having two 1st round picks. They could trade up with #6 and then trade down with #14 and be sitting pretty.

BaLLiN
02-28-2010, 08:50 AM
Could really also see Denver trading up to get Clausen, he's a pro style QB with a nice release, good athleticism, and make most of the throws. He needs to work on his long ball but pairing him with Brandon Marshall would help his progression tremendously.