PDA

View Full Version : Geno Atkins

scpanther22
02-28-2010, 04:46 PM
I think he would be a perfect fit for a Ron Meeks defense.

What do you all think about him?

Bosanac01
03-01-2010, 01:29 AM
He's quick, very feisty and has a great first step. Plays a lot like jonathan babineaux. Seen almost every game of his in college, it seems like he's always behind the line of scrimmage. Type of guy to lead team in TFLs. Great against the run but also puts pressure on the QB from the inside. He fell due to bad numbers senior year and he's being overlooked now. Great value in the 3rd round and lower.

Looked great at the senior bowl. Would be a nice pick up, if anything could be a rotational guy.

scpanther22
03-01-2010, 07:46 AM
He's quick, very feisty and has a great first step. Plays a lot like jonathan babineaux. Seen almost every game of his in college, it seems like he's always behind the line of scrimmage. Type of guy to lead team in TFLs. Great against the run but also puts pressure on the QB from the inside. He fell due to bad numbers senior year and he's being overlooked now. Great value in the 3rd round and lower.

Looked great at the senior bowl. Would be a nice pick up, if anything could be a rotational guy.

Yeah.I think he would fit perfect here.Since Meeks prefers smaller faster guys.

But since you watch Georgia football can you tell me about Kade Weston?Is he just all size or can he play?

Bosanac01
03-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Yeah.I think he would fit perfect here.Since Meeks prefers smaller faster guys.

But since you watch Georgia football can you tell me about Kade Weston?Is he just all size or can he play?

From what I've seen he's not that strong compared to his size, but doesn't get pushed back either. He is pretty quick and athletic though, moves well. So he kinda plays like a smaller guy, but doesn't have a lot of moves to use. He will disappear every once in a while, most of the plays he makes are not on the football.

Started when he was a freshman but lost his spot and was overshadowed by Jeff Owens and Geno Atkins. He was a rotational guy, mainly on running plays. He is not a good pass rusher. Doesn't read a play well sometimes, but has a good amount of experience against good competition.

Still is very raw. Has a lot of upside. The potential is great as long as he shows the work ethic. He could be a steal.

Personally I think he will be a great 3-4 NT in the NFL.