PDA

View Full Version : Prowler 2.0 Quick Impression Mock

Prowler
03-01-2010, 01:01 PM
I welcome all feed back and have formatted this with spacing for comments and also because i originally did this on notepad and the formatting didn't convert correctly. a quicker compact view is at the bottom of this post. Let me know why my mock will or will not happen.

The OTs may change rankings with each other, but for now I have
1. Okung as the favorite.
2. Williams' combine effort leaps him back into his #2 ranking which is where he was in preseason reports
3. Bulaga I have going to the Bills. He appears to be safer and more aware/technical.
4. Davis is a bit underwhelming at the combine, but has elite gamer tools.
5. Brown to the Seahawks due to zone blocking scheme/Pete Carroll.
6. Campbell solidified his 1st round stock and Packers reap benefits.
Again, these rankings can change and positions 2-6 may be near interchangeable.

Highlights/Points of Contention

-Dez slips to the bengals
-Broncos grab Clausen
-Seahawks reach a bit for Brown but had a run on OTs
-Steelers in a deja vu of a previous draft have spiller fall to them
-Jerry Jones' openly gushing over Iupati at the combine turns into him drafting the guard even though would probably prefer a LT.

1 Rams

Sam Bradford

2 Lions

Ndamukong Suh

3 Bucs

Gerald McCoy

4 Redskins

Russell Okung

5 Chiefs

Trent Williams

6 Seahawks

Eric Berry

7 Browns

Joe Haden

8 Raiders

Derrick Morgan

9 Bills

Bryan Bulaga

10 Jaguars

Jason Pierre-Paul

11 Broncos (CHI)

Jimmy Clausen

12 Dolphins

Rolando McClain

13 49ers

Anthony Davis

14 Seahawks (DEN)

Charles Brown

15 Giants

Brian Price

16 Titans

Carlos Dunlap

17 49ers (CAR)

Earl Thomas

18 Steelers

CJ Spiller

19 Falcons

Everson Griffen

20 Texans

Kyle Wilson

21 Bengals

Dez Bryant

22 Patriots

Brandon Graham

23 Packers

Bruce Campbell

24 Eagles

Taylor Mays

25 Ravens

Arrelious Benn

26 Cardinals

Dan Williams

27 Cowboys

Mike Iupati

28 Chargers

Ryan Mathews

29 Jets

Golden Tate

30 Vikings

Maurkice Pouncey

31 Colts

Jared Odrick

32 Saints

Sean Weatherspoon

1 Rams Sam Bradford
2 Lions Ndamukong Suh
3 Bucs Gerald McCoy
4 Redskins Russell Okung
5 Chiefs Trent Williams
6 Seahawks Eric Berry
7 Browns Joe Haden
8 Raiders Derrick Morgan
9 Bills Bryan Bulaga
10 Jaguars Jason Pierre-Paul
11 Broncos (CHI) Jimmy Clausen
12 Dolphins Rolando McClain
13 49ers Anthony Davis
14 Seahawks (DEN) Charles Brown
15 Giants Brian Price
16 Titans Carlos Dunlap
17 49ers (CAR) Earl Thomas
18 Steelers CJ Spiller
19 Falcons Everson Griffen
20 Texans Kyle Wilson
21 Bengals Dez Bryant
22 Patriots Brandon Graham
23 Packers Bruce Campbell
24 Eagles Taylor Mays
25 Ravens Arrelious Benn
26 Cardinals Dan Williams
27 Cowboys Mike Iupati
28 Chargers Ryan Mathews
29 Jets Golden Tate
30 Vikings Maurkice Pouncey
31 Colts Jared Odrick
32 Saints Sean Weatherspoon

Thank You, Second Round and maybe Third Round with analysis on every pick will be coming post combine.

+rep for helpful feedback or even just reinforcement of my picks. I'll get to everyone eventually.

Unbiased
03-01-2010, 01:13 PM
If Clausen is there at 10, I don't see him getting passed Gene Smith.

Prowler
03-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Yeah, i struggle a bit with the jags because i think tebow does make sense in the 3rd round, but i don't know if they can afford to wait that long since they lack a 2nd rounder. (I'm not saying Tebow will be a great starter, but he'd make sense in 3rd)

With JPP they already have at least 3 young DE picks from the past couple drafts, but he is a trifecta as a BPA, a need, and Mel Kiper's pick.

T-RICH49
03-01-2010, 01:35 PM
please tell me that KC pick is a joke.....Trent Williams over Eric Berry is awful

Prowler
03-01-2010, 01:45 PM
safety is deeper, chad jones, nate allen, larry asante, etc will be available later. People can say what they want about Eric Berry but the first safety taken last year was Jenkins at 14 and true safety was Delmas in the second round. While Berry, Thomas, etc are more talented, that happened last year for a reason. Malcolm Jenkins was stated by several scouts to be one of the highest rated players at his position and still fell.

I felt the Oline needed to be addressed first. They have their pick of whomever they prefer or think is the 2nd best OT. Jamaal Charles should be featured and the oline gave up 45 sacks. Its time to return to the 90s with a dominant oline.

vidae
03-01-2010, 02:08 PM
OT is not a first round need. The OL problems are G/C. Berry or McClain should be the pick to KC at 5.

Prowler
03-01-2010, 02:14 PM
how do you feel about pouncey, saffold, or petrus?

T-RICH49
03-01-2010, 02:20 PM
we need help at G/C more then OT.

1. Berry
2. gol best G/C with one of those picks if you do a two rounder

vidae
03-01-2010, 02:54 PM
how do you feel about pouncey, saffold, or petrus?

I love Pouncey. If he's available for KC at the top of the second I think it's a no brainer pick.

Prowler
03-01-2010, 03:04 PM
k, i'll have to rep you guys up later for pointing out my lack of homework on KC. i must have rep'd a few people last night and it won't let me now.

before i did 2 or 3 rounds, i wanted to make sure i had the basics down for everybody and get flamed a bit.

any falcons, cowboys, cardinals, raiders, texans, or broncos fans out there?

TheMorningZoo
03-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Good Chargers pick, but some picks are questionable.

Trent Williams @ 5. I know KC could use more good lineman, but they have other larger concerns such as ILB. I would see them taking McClain, Berry, or Dez Bryant before an OT.

I also think Charles Brown in the 1st, let alone early teens is a reach. I think Cambell would be picked before him too. I could see him being taken early if a run on all the first tier OT's go quick, sort of like Houston taking Duane Brown, or the Falcons taking Sam Baker a few years ago.

Derrick Morgan to Oakland, a little ballsy, but who knows? I think he is a safer pick than JPP or Dunlap, but we all know how Al loves his athletes.

Prowler
03-01-2010, 03:46 PM
yeah alex gibbs in joining the seahawks as assistant head coach/oline and gibbs had actually helped install the same blocking scheme at USC a few years earlier. i figured the run of tackles and threat of some of the later teams and wrap around into the 2nd round would mean he wouldn't be there in the 2nd. i could see them doing about anything with that pick, but their oline potentially without walter jones scares me.

i love ryan mathews now. solid brick with speed.

OSUGiants17
03-01-2010, 03:59 PM
I'll take Price

RealityCheck
03-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Seeing 10 Bryant get picked one pick before us hurts.

But still me <3 Graham

BaLLiN
03-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Sean Weatherspoon at #32? his performance definitley nets him from 20-25 range value IMO

Babylon
03-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Seattle

If taking Brown at #14 gets the Hawks Gerhart at #40 then i'm in, otherwise i think Brown will be there in the second.

hawkeye123
03-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Very good niner draft. Davis fixes our RT situation and upgrades our O-line. Earl Thomas boosts our secondary instantly by replacing Micheal Lewis.

thebow305
03-01-2010, 06:18 PM
McClain is a great pick for the Phins, and depending on whether we sign Dansby this week, Sergio Kindle or Dez Bryant would definitely work as well for us.

BTW, you don't have Sergio Kindle in your first round at all. That's just silly. Find a spot for him wherever you feel, because he's DEFINITELY a first round pick.

prock
03-01-2010, 07:04 PM
not 100% sold on pouncey to the vikes, but if he is bpa, we gotta grab him. at this point, im fine with probably about 6 or 7 different positions for the vikes, as long as they take bpa.

akvikefan89
03-01-2010, 09:30 PM
I like Pouncey. I might be more inclined to take Weatherspoon, who at #30 feels like the BPA, but I can live with Pouncey.

Stranger
03-01-2010, 09:54 PM
any falcons, cowboys, cardinals, raiders, texans, or broncos fans out there?

I like the Williams pick but I don't think the Cards would pass up Kindle if he was on the board (maybe if Porter ends up on the team). If you stick with Williams I would suggest at least one ILB or OLB in the first 3 rounds.

TonyGfortheTD
03-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Trent Williams? Jesus christ. A combine performance isn't going to change the fact he has a hot/cold motor.

Pat Sims 90
03-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Bryant would be a Dream Pick but i doubt he falls to us

Grizzlegom
03-02-2010, 09:19 AM
Love the Dolphins pick and although I'm cooling on McClain, if we don't sign Dansby he is still in the top three on my big board for Miami with Dez Bryant and Sergio Kindle

marshallb
03-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Ehhhh...ok Vikings pick. I'd prefer Weatherspoon big time as I don't think Pouncey is worth a 1st, but I suppose I'd be ok with it.

zachsaints52
03-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Spoon? I love you.