PDA

View Full Version : Ballin's Quick Impression Mock

BaLLiN
03-01-2010, 05:55 PM
After Prowler did his, i liked the idea to contrast my other drafts to see how much opinions have changed due to combine.

Some Players i feel teams should trade up for:

Jimmy Clausen & Denver- his ties through Weis to the Patriot offensive scheme, his blend of athleticism/good release, and even his fault of having a floatie long ball helps with a go up and get it type of guy in Brandon Marshall.

Earl Thomas & Dallas- Dallas has had problems with the safety position for awhile now. They lack the instinctive safety to capitalize on average throws due to passrush and good corner play.

Brian Price & Vikings- Fully realizing that they dont need a DT immediately, their needs dont matchup with where they pick, but Price has incredible potential as a UT with ridiculous jump off the ball but only problems in taking on blockers. The Williams brothers have no problem with this and if used as a model for Price he could be a perenial Pro Bowler.

1 Rams Sam Bradford
2 Lions Ndamukong Suh
3 Bucs Gerald McCoy
4 Redskins Jimmy Clausen
5 Chiefs Russell Okung
6 Seahawks Bryan Bulaga
7 Browns Eric Berry
8 Raiders Bruce Campbell (sorry :( )
9 Bills CJ Spiller
10 Jaguars Jason Pierre-Paul
11 Broncos (CHI) Rolando McClain
12 Dolphins Dez Bryant
13 49ers Joe Haden
14 Seahawks (DEN) Charles Brown
15 Giants Sean Weatherspoon
16 Titans Derrick Morgan
17 49ers (CAR) Anthony Davis
18 Steelers Trent Williams
19 Falcons Brandon Graham
20 Texans Dan Williams
21 Bengals Brian Price
22 Patriots Sergio Kindle
23 Packers- Kyle Wilson
24 Eagles- Earl Thomas
25 Ravens- Arrelious Benn
26 Cardinals- Taylor Mays
27 Cowboys- Mike Iupati
28 Chargers- Carlos Dunlap
29 Jets- Golden Tate
30 Vikings- Chad Jones
31 Colts- Daryl Washington
32 Saints- Everson Griffen

T-RICH49
03-01-2010, 06:08 PM
if we pass on Berry for Okung I will cry and go into deep depression

thebow305
03-01-2010, 06:23 PM
AWESOME Phins pick!

49erNation85
03-01-2010, 06:32 PM
good 9ers pick!

TheMorningZoo
03-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Carlos Dunlap to the Chargers... Thats interesting? Just wondering your thoughts on that, because he doesn't have enough bulk, nor the skill set to play 3-4 DE, and certainly isn't an OLB? He would be most suited in the 4-3, but he is a talent alright.

vidae
03-01-2010, 06:40 PM
OT is a bad pick for KC with both McClain and Berry on the board.

VernonLawson89
03-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Joe Haden FTW! but i doubt he falls to 13 :(

prock
03-01-2010, 07:08 PM
wait, what did i do? i feel as though there is some undeserved credit going my way haha. think you meant prowler. i dont think the vikes should take price because i dont think the vikes should move kevin williams from UT, since he excels so much at the position. but i can dig chad jones.

RaiderNation
03-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Im mad at you

BaLLiN
03-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Im mad at you

:'( Im sorry! i really wish, sorry if it offends anyone, that Al would not reach his hands into the selecting of players. Personally i wish you guys trade down, draft:

1. Anthony Davis
2a. Carlos Dunlap/Everson Griffen
2b. Nate Allen

But, i think we both know that wont happen

RaiderNation
03-01-2010, 07:43 PM
:'( Im sorry! i really wish, sorry if it offends anyone, that Al would not reach his hands into the selecting of players. Personally i wish you guys trade down, draft:

1. Anthony Davis
2a. Carlos Dunlap/Everson Griffen
2b. Nate Allen

But, i think we both know that wont happen

We have no need at safety, people just give us Mays because hes an athlete. DT or LB are way bigger needs

BaLLiN
03-01-2010, 07:48 PM
We have no need at safety, people just give us Mays because hes an athlete. DT or LB are way bigger needs

i just figured that you guys would be losing Michael Huff (releasing due to high salary and low production), but fair enough. I know LB is a huge need, if McClain ran a decent time instead of letting the mind wonder id have him without a doubt at your 1st round pick. Aren't you guys losing Howard and Morrison?

DiG
03-01-2010, 08:06 PM
would prefer okung or berry to DC. im praying clausens link to cerrato is enough for us to pass.

Go_Eagles77
03-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Love the eagles pick. I'm sure that was tough for you to do that lol.

OSUGiants17
03-01-2010, 08:33 PM
I like Spoon, just not at 15

BaLLiN
03-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Love the eagles pick. I'm sure that was tough for you to do that lol.

every year i fall in love with a DB, first it was Darelle Revis, then Reggie Smith (OU), then Brandon Flowers, last year Alphonso Smith, and now Earl Thomas. We never draft any DB i like, ever.

TitanHope
03-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Derrick Morgan in a Titans uniform makes me a happy camper! :D

Looks like he's kind've dropped lately with he strong push by JPP to become the #1 DE, and that's fine with me!

Pat Sims 90
03-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Earl Thomas is the pick if he is there DT is not a first round need

Abaddon
03-02-2010, 01:09 AM
i just figured that you guys would be losing Michael Huff (releasing due to high salary and low production)
Huff played very well last year, actually.
Aren't you guys losing Howard and Morrison?
Restricted FAs. We hope we're losing Morrison. I doubt Al lets both leave, though. All that does is create another hole.
8 Raiders Bruce Campbell (sorry )
Die in a fire.

Stranger
03-02-2010, 03:31 AM
Mays is an alright choice if we lose Rolle, would probably prefer Griffen in that situation though.

Doubt the Bills would pick up Spiller when they have so many other needs and have a very good running back in Jackson (he's a beast).

Razor
03-02-2010, 03:47 AM
I love the Patriots pick, but after his performance at the Combine I don't see him falling past the Dolphins. :(

marshallb
03-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Well, DT is not a bad pick, as long as it is a NT, and he's named Dan Williams ;). Price is a bad fit, b/c he's an UT and we have Kevin Williams there, who is one of if not the best UT in the league.