PDA

View Full Version : Netflix

slightlyaraiderfan
03-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Who else is subscribed to Netflix?

It's been a few months that I've signed up with them (I was late to the game) and I think it's f'n fantastic. For 9 bucks a month you get a lot - almost any DVD delivered to your house (there hasn't been a movie/doc I haven't found), you can also instantly watch thousands of movies or tv shows directly on your computer or on your ps3/xbox 360.

A must have for any movie buff.

http://melsutton.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/netflix-logo.jpg

Giantsfan1080
03-02-2010, 03:53 PM
I do and I wish I had thought of the idea years ago.

Todd Bertuzzi
03-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Can't wait till they bring it to X-Box in Canada.

slightlyaraiderfan
03-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Oh, and they also have tons of bluray movies, so don't have to buy those expensive ass movies.

DiG
03-02-2010, 04:01 PM
my queue is 175 long right now

Bosanac01
03-02-2010, 04:16 PM
how much per movie?

vidae
03-02-2010, 04:18 PM
I thought it was just a flat monthly fee for as many as you wanted. I looked into it briefly and I was really close to doing it but I didn't.

I really should. 9 bucks a month is nothing.

Giantsfan1080
03-02-2010, 04:28 PM
It's a monthly fee.

Scotty D
03-02-2010, 04:30 PM
I bought my parents a subscription as a gift for Christmas, and I use it on my Xbox all the time. Best idea ever. They've been putting some pretty good movies on the instant stream lately.

CJSchneider
03-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Netflix > Blockbuster. I get movies much faster with Netflix and the movies I receive are not all scratched unable to be watched. I hate Blockbuster with a passion. I'll spare you all the rant, but in short, Yes, I love Netflix.

Bosanac01
03-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Blockbuster fails. They don't really have much games either and a lot of times they are scratched and you won't be able to play them.

LonghornsLegend
03-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Netflix makes me laugh at blockbuster.

I subscribe to two movies a month but get the most use out of my online que on Xbox Live, can't beat that. I wish the 'watch instantly' would be updated a bit more and a better selection, maybe an HBO package with Starz but I get the point, they still want you to be mailed the good movies.

Still though I love it, for what I pay it's awesome, I watch something every night on it, and I found alot of old ass movies I used to love like 'Howard the Duck', classic stuff :D

I <3 Netflix but use the watch instant que way more then I mail stuff in but their very quick on getting stuff back to you, takes a day at most.

I think mine is like 12$ or something for 2 a month, I think if you get up to 5 movies per month it's like 18$ or 20$, it's not a charge per movie. But honestly as fast as they send them out to you I don't see a need to hold 5 at a time, just get 1 or 2, mail it back monday morning and your new movie will be there Tuesday, I didn't see the need to pay extra money for 5+ movies at one time.

Watchman
03-02-2010, 06:04 PM
I've been using Netflix since about 2002 I think.

TitansCJftw
03-02-2010, 06:19 PM
got an email/password from someone who doesnt use the online stuff, just the mail deal and watch crap on my xbox all the time so it was free for me, cant beat that :D

nepg
03-02-2010, 06:37 PM
I switched over to Netflix a couple years ago after Blockbuster Total Access started limiting the way and how much you could return/take home from the stores (while also increasing the fees).

I cancelled my cable and just watch TV shows and movies on my PS3/PC/laptop. Love Netflix, but wish I'd remember to put movies in the mail on a more regular basis.

El Peefs?????
03-02-2010, 07:46 PM
I bought my parents a subscription as a gift for Christmas, and I use it on my Xbox all the time. Best idea ever. They've been putting some pretty good movies on the instant stream lately.

Big Lebowski is up on Netflix streaming, watch it immediately or you're entering a world of pain...

http://bullrunnings.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/walter-sobchak.jpg

Scotty D
03-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Big Lebowski is up on Netflix streaming, watch it immediately or you're entering a world of pain...

http://bullrunnings.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/walter-sobchak.jpg

Its in my queue! You should check out the horror movie "Altered" on there, its pretty sweet.

LonghornsLegend
03-04-2010, 07:54 PM
This was added just the other day on the watch instantly queue:

http://www.filmjunk.com/images/weblog/2009/03/yearonefulltrailer.jpg

Yes I know I should have saw this when it came out and being that Superbad is in my top 5 all-time I know anytime these guys get together it's always funny as ****, but seriously I haven't laughed this hard in a long ass time.

Michael Cerra is instant classic, also the dude who played the paraplegic on Something about Mary(wish I knew his name but that's the role that comes to mind) was golden, I'm buying this on blu ray this weekend and it's an instant classic for me.

This is why I <3 Netflix, every so often you get a new movie like this, the cast was awesome, and I can only imagine the deleted scenes and extra footage will be even better. If you haven't seen this you need to do so NOW!

djp
03-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Year One was an awful movie.

I love Netflix for the simple fact that they have some awesome TV shows on there. That's what I mainly use it for.

ps, they just added Seasons 1-3 of NewsRadio on instant streaming. Phil Hartman is absolutely brilliant in that show and there's some other good performances as well. Classic show. Used to watch it all the time but they stopped showing reruns, sooooooo glad it's available again.

Scotty D
03-04-2010, 07:58 PM
I noticed they are taking the South Park seasons off on April 1st. boooooooooooooo

LonghornsLegend
03-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Year One was an awful movie.

BLASPHEMY!!!

I noticed they are taking the South Park seasons off on April 1st. boooooooooooooo

I keep waiting for them to add seasons 10-18 or whatever, I figure they have to do it at some point, or so I thought :(

The Unseen
03-05-2010, 12:32 AM

unless they are also doing so on southpark.com...they are on southpark.com

Bosanac01
03-05-2010, 12:37 AM
blockbuster is going out of business.

They are closing a lot of their stores.

niel89
03-05-2010, 02:03 AM
got an email/password from someone who doesnt use the online stuff, just the mail deal and watch crap on my xbox all the time so it was free for me, cant beat that :D

yeah me too. My mom has like 4 discs at a time now. She watches shows during her commute and so she just goes through discs like crazy

thule
03-05-2010, 02:08 AM
People pay money to watch movies and tv shows? Is it the connivence factor?

Brent
03-05-2010, 06:33 AM
so... is Blockbuster having a huge "going out of business" sale?

killxswitch
03-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Netflix is awesome but they have some seriously crappy shows/movies that no one cares about available for streaming.

CJSchneider
03-05-2010, 11:41 AM
so... is Blockbuster having a huge "going out of business" sale?

Looks like it. Good riddance I say.