28. Chargers - Jahvis Best RB Cal
29. Jets - Jared Odrick DT Penn State
30. Vikings - Brian Price DT UCLA
31. Colts - Charles Brown OT USC
32. Saints - Lamar Houston DT Texas

2nd round coming sometime in the future

vidae
03-03-2010, 02:49 AM
We basically voted for each team. If it had two votes it went through as the pick.

So, if you hate your pick, I was the guy against it, and if you LOVED it, it was my idea. :D

KCJ58
03-03-2010, 03:17 AM
not surprised at all

Jakey
03-03-2010, 03:52 AM
Picking between Iupati ad Earl Thomas would be toug for the Steelers Id be pretty happy with either i guess.

TheMatriculator
03-03-2010, 05:37 AM
We basically voted for each team. If it had two votes it went through as the pick.

So, if you hate your pick, I was the guy against it, and if you LOVED it, it was my idea. :D

Well, I know you had to be against the Chiefs taking Dex Bryant at 5.

Yikes!!! Aside from the fact that Pioli has never taken a WR in the first round, we are talking about a guy who speaks of himself in the third person.

“Dez Bryant is a great person to be around,” Bryant said, using the third person to emphasize what he will try to hammer home to NFL teams at the combine. “He loves the game of football. He will do whatever it takes to get back on the field and do whatever to help the team win games.”
-from the Kansas City Star

And we thought Bowe was a little wacky.

killxswitch
03-03-2010, 07:52 AM
Good Colts pick.

Grizzlegom
03-03-2010, 08:00 AM
i like Spoon and all, but he doesnt really fit Miami's scheme

prock
03-03-2010, 08:44 AM
not a good vikes pick. we got the best UT in the league already.

DiG
03-03-2010, 08:51 AM
hurray for okung.

zachsaints52
03-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Lamarr Houston? Reason for him over the other players that we could have had?

vidae
03-03-2010, 09:55 AM

Such as who?

thebow305
03-03-2010, 10:03 AM
i like Spoon and all, but he doesnt really fit Miami's scheme

I disagree. I think he'd fit nicely at ILB in our 3-4. If he was one inch taller he'd be a PERFECT fit. But he is big enough and has enough heart to make it work IMO. He would be a great addition to our defense. Great leader and that's something we will need on this young defense.

I like it!

killxswitch
03-03-2010, 10:32 AM
I think Weatherspoon could fit in any system.

Grizzlegom
03-03-2010, 10:37 AM
I disagree. I think he'd fit nicely at ILB in our 3-4. If he was one inch taller he'd be a PERFECT fit. But he is big enough and has enough heart to make it work IMO. He would be a great addition to our defense. Great leader and that's something we will need on this young defense.

I like it!

at 239, he's ten pounds too light for Parcells and Mike Nolan's scheme. In addition, Parcells hates loudmouths so there is little chance he would take one like Spoon. He's a perfect fit inside in a 3-4 zone blitz scheme but not ours.

killxswitch
03-03-2010, 10:39 AM
at 239, he's ten pounds too light for Parcells and Mike Nolan's scheme. In addition, Parcells hates loudmouths so there is little chance he would take one like Spoon. He's a perfect fit inside in a 3-4 zone blitz scheme but not ours.

LT was a huge loudmouth. So is Jerry Porter.

edit: I meant Joey.

coordinator0
03-03-2010, 10:50 AM
I'm liking Gresham to the Ravens more and more.

Grizzlegom
03-03-2010, 10:51 AM
LT was a huge loudmouth. So is Jerry Porter.

LT was also one of the best LBers ever and wasn't drafted by Parcells. and Joey Porter was a holdover from the previous regime that is about to be cut due to his loud mouth.

Parcells doesn't draft or sign players like him. He puts up with them when he has to but he doesn't go out of his way to get them.

killxswitch
03-03-2010, 10:55 AM
LT was also one of the best LBers ever. and Joey Porter was a holdover from the previous regime that is about to be cut due to his loud mouth.

My point is that Parcells wouldn't pass on a great talent just because the guy talks. Football players are talkers. And while I doubt Weatherspoon will ever be on the level of LT, I don't think it's ridiculous to consider him for Miami. I do however think there will be other players that Miami will be more interested in when their pick comes. I am just really high on Spoon and think he'd excel anywhere. I am a secret Mizzou homer.

T-RICH49
03-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Berry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bryant

falloutboy14
03-03-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm becoming more comfortable with Brown @ 31. His big knock is run-blocking, which truthfully I don't too much about. The Colts can win games without being a strong running team. Give Manning another second to throw the ball and I'll be happy. Hopefully in 3-4 years, his run blocking will improve, so the post-Manning era will have a quality LT able to run block well.

Matthew Jones
03-03-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm a little worried that Kindle is going to bust but I guess he's slid far enough in that draft and represents both a need and a value. I could see it.

CJSchneider
03-03-2010, 12:14 PM

What he said.

fenikz
03-03-2010, 01:29 PM
what other players

MizzouBig12
03-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Dez Bryant. Just think, the Chiefs could give him a huge contract, and get most of it back in fines for being late. It could be the bargain of the draft!

Go_Eagles77
03-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Dunlap over Graham is pretty bad.

RealityCheck
03-03-2010, 01:56 PM
22. Patriots - Sergio Kindle OLB Texas
This pick earns the RealityCheck Thumb of Approval

http://www.proirb.com/images/man_thumb_up2.jpg

49erNation85
03-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Jimmy Clausen over Tebow ? I don't see specially in Jacksonville . Why the pick there ? But good 49ers pick tho :)

A Perfect Score
03-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Who the **** do Saints fans want at 32 then. Ive yet to see them not complain about a mock.

wicket
03-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Who the **** do Saints fans want at 32 then. Ive yet to see them not complain about a mock.

in order:
sean weatherspoon
dan williams
brian price
taylor mays
terrance cody
everson griffen
carlos dunlap

if any of those guys are still around they should be picked.

im also favourable to about half the mocks i see and the same can be said for zach at the very least, however lamar houston has no biz going in the first round, the guy is a third round talent

vidae
03-03-2010, 06:11 PM
in order:
sean weatherspoon
dan williams
brian price
taylor mays
terrance cody
everson griffen
carlos dunlap

if any of those guys are still around they should be picked.

im also favourable to about half the mocks i see and the same can be said for zach at the very least, however lamar houston has no biz going in the first round, the guy is a third round talent

We almost gave you guys Cody there (we discussed it) but Houston has been rising. I don't think he's anywhere near a third round talent at the moment.

A Perfect Score
03-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Lamar Houston is a 2nd round lock, and I think hes far more deserving of pick 32 then Terrence Cody, especially on a 4-3 team.

fenikz
03-04-2010, 01:56 AM
Houston >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cody

marshallb
03-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Not a fan of the Vikings pick. DT could be a first rounder for us, but only if it's at NT. Price is an UT and we already have Kevin Williams and will not move him to NT.