PDA

View Full Version : Your top 5 sure-fire prospects.

Morton
03-03-2010, 02:01 PM
List the top 5 prospects who you consider to be the "surest things" in terms of success at the next level at their respective positions.

For me it's:

1. Eric Berry - There's almost no way this guy isn't a perennial Pro Bowler at the next level. He has the physical tools and mental tools to dominate the backfield. His production is impeccable and his combine workout was very impressive. Barring freak injury, I predict multiple Pro Bowl appearances for this safety.

2. Jerry Hughes - This guy led the nation in sacks in college. He ran a 4.69 40 at near 260lbs, and looked fluid and agile in all of his combine drills. This is another case of a very productive college player who had a tremendous combine performance. He's also a high-character prospect with great work ethic and energy. I predict a Pro Bowl career for this guy as a 3-4 rush linebacker without hesitation.

3. Bryan Bulaga - To me, this guy looks like the most natural pass-protector among the offensive tackles in this draft. There's something about his intelligence, work ethic, and physical tools that makes me think he will be the more sure-fire OT prospect of this draft. While I think other tackles like Okung and Campbell might have higher ceilings, I really like this guy as a worry-free NFL-ready LT.

4. Sean Weatherspoon - Something about this guy screams "stud MLB". He seems to have the fire to play, and he has the potential to be a great leader. He was spectacular in all of the LB drills, and he just looks like a natural athlete. Could even be similar to Patrick Willis in terms of production at the next level.

5. C.J. Spiller - He ran one of the fastest 40 times in the combine, and is rightfully labeled as the premiere running back of this year's draft. Players with this kind of speed and agility simply don't fade away into obscurity in the NFL unless they have serious character issues or injury issues, which Spiller seems mostly free of, unlike Jahvid Best. To me, he has the potential to be the next Marshall Faulk, but even if he never reaches his full potential, he will undoubtedly at least be a highly productive back.

RealityCheck
03-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Okung - OTs have a low bust rate, and Okung is a good one.
Suh - Duh.
Bulaga - See Okung.
Bradford - See Sanchez, Mark.
Alex Carrington - Wait and see.

Phillysteeler
03-03-2010, 02:11 PM
1. Berry
2. Brandon Graham-As a 3-4 outside linebacker I think he will be sick
3. Weatherspoon
4. Suh-He seems to show up in big games, but I would say it depends on what people expect out of him since he is a DT.
5. Spiller-He is a big play waiting to happen.

superman
03-03-2010, 02:12 PM
suh, berry, weatherspoon

prock
Eric Decker
Gerald McCoy
Dez Bryant
Eric Berry
Sean Weatherspoon

wonderbredd24
1. Gerald McCoy, DT Oklahoma
2. Eric Berry, S Tennessee
3. Ndamukong Suh, DT Nebraska
4. Jared Odrick, DT Penn State
5. Brandon Graham, DE Michigan

YAYareaRB
03-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Suh, Berry, Hughes, Earl Thomas, and Dez Bryant

Morton
03-03-2010, 02:20 PM
I really like Brandon Graham too, but I have a slight, slight reservation about Graham's height, and the possibility that he will be misused in a 3-4 (I think he's a pure 4-3 DE) because he will probably struggle in coverage .

Okung is on the same level as Bulaga to me, so both Bulaga and Okung to me are the most sure-fire LTs. Both should be studs.

I'm still unsure about Suh and McCoy. There is a great chance they turn into stud DTs, but there are question marks for both, in my mind that stop them from being sure-fire Pro Bowlers, in my opinion, anyway. I'm not saying they will bust, but I'm uncertain as to how much they stand out in the NFL as DTs.

Earl Thomas and Taylor Mays both are question marks for me. Neither one is quite as sure-fire as Eric Berry. Berry is just ... unbelievably talented and the only thing holding him back from being a Pro Bowler is a freak injury. Most sure-fire safety I've ever seen. Thomas and Mays have some potential, but neither can possibly compare to how flawless Berry is in every aspect of his game.

Again, this isn't about "potential"... it's about who you think is a sure thing. No question marks whatsoever in terms of what they are going to be doing at the next level.

princefielder28
03-03-2010, 02:27 PM
1. Ndamukong Suh
2. Sean Weatherspoon
3. Eric Berry
4. CJ Spiller
5. Kareem Jackson

CashmoneyDrew
03-03-2010, 02:28 PM
- Eric Berry
- Damian Williams
- Mike Iupati
- Ndamukong Suh
- Sean Weatherspoon

Phillysteeler
03-03-2010, 02:31 PM
I really like Brandon Graham too, but I have a slight, slight reservation about Graham's height, and the possibility that he will be misused in a 3-4 (I think he's a pure 4-3 DE) because he will probably struggle in coverage .

I don't think Graham's height will be an issue since he is about the same height as James Harrison as far as coverage though you can't really tell until he does it but I think if he were used mainly as a pass rusher for a year while learning coverage, then in his second year he could do everything.

K Train
03-03-2010, 02:34 PM
suh, berry, weatherspoon, thomas, and cody (<--yeah i said it, he can be fat and take up space for the next 12 years)

ectuberider
03-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Suh, Okung, McClain, Berry, and..... Jimmy Clausen

ToldLikeItIs
03-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Bryan, obviously

Eric Berry

Brandon Graham

Ryan Mathews

The Pouncey kid

Grizzlegom
1. Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
2. Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas
3. Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama
4. Jared Odrick, DT/DE, Penn State
5. Ricky Sapp, DE/OLB, Clemson

Saints-Tigers
Berry
Suh
Weatherspoon
Iupati

I think they are stone cold locks to be highly productive players at worst.

RaiderNation
03-03-2010, 02:45 PM
1 Suh- He will atleast be a impact player at DT
2 McClain- Going to be a beast on w/e team he goes too
3 Berry- Can play in any type of D and succeed.
4 Iupati- Without a doubt a pro bowler at OG, maybe even at OT too
5 Weatherspoon- Seems like hes going to be a good LB for 10 years

Bengalsrocket
03-03-2010, 03:02 PM
1) Sam Bradford (YAH I THINK BRADFORD IS A SURE-FIRE PROSPECT)
2) Eric Berry
3) Rolando McLain
4) Ndamukong Suh
5) Spiller

brat316
03-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Suh
Berry
Okung
Weatherspoon-this guys attitude can't let him bust.
Aaron Pettrey - K thats right a Kicker, can't go wrong here...well minimizes the bust chances.

scottyboy
03-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Anthony Davis
Devin McCourty
Suh
McCoy
Spiller- at the very worst, he'll be a deadly return man, 3rd down back, and playmaking compliment.

bitonti
03-03-2010, 03:07 PM
cody (<--yeah i said it, he can be fat and take up space for the next 12 years)

dude I fully agree - Cody is a stud, period.

SRogers92
03-03-2010, 03:12 PM
1. Eric Berry - Ed Reed cloned.

2. Rolando McClain - Just seems to have "it" and all the physical tools to be the next great ILB.

3. Gerald McCoy - I've been high on this guy since his freshman year and nothing has changed ... has it ALL ... despite a poor combine showing, he's an elite athlete

4. Brandon Graham - Every single time I've seen him(huge UM fan so that's ever game) he has looked great, especially the big games.

5. Jermaine Gresham - The only thing stopping this kid from being an elite pass catching TE is injuries.

Pat Sims 90
03-03-2010, 03:14 PM
1.Berry
2.Suh
3.Davis
4.McClain
5.Spiller

RealityCheck
03-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Anthony Davis
Devin McCourty
Really??? :D

JFLO
03-03-2010, 03:17 PM
No real order

- Gerald McCoy - Don't get me wrong, I love Ndamukong Suh as much as the next guy, but I think McCoy's game has perennial Pro-Bowler written all over him. I really don't want to pick both of them either, so if I'm taking one, it's McCoy. I think he's an impact no matter where he lands.

- Mike Iupati - The amazing thing about Iupati's game is that he most likely has the capability to be a great player inside and at least a decent player on the right side playing tackle.

- Damian Williams - It's kinda risky picking a USC receiver to be a sure thing, but I really think that Williams is different, like former Trojan Steve Smith. He is one of the, if not the best route runner in the draft and is most likely the player with the easiest transition at the next level for his position.

- Eric Berry - Whether it's at safety or cornerback, Berry is going to be a stud at the next level.

- Andre Roberts - Just calling it now...he will be a real good player in the NFL.

SloppyJoe
03-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Earl Thomas
Brandon Graham
Rolando McClain
Russel Okung
Ndamukong Suh

Jimmy
03-03-2010, 05:31 PM
1) Mike Iupati

2) Jermaine Gresham

3) Eric Berry-

4) Earl Thomas-

5a) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah- His name means "born on sunday." No way this guy doesn't become a surefire nfl starter.

5b) Ryan Matthews

superman
03-03-2010, 05:33 PM
5a) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah- His name means "born on sunday." No way this guy doesn't become a surefire nfl starter.

good point

Sniper
03-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Brandon Graham
Zoltan Mesko
Jermaine Gresham
Ndamukong Suh
Gerald McCoy

Thumper
03-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Anthony Davis- Will he succeed at LT? Maybe not, he has the ability to play LT along with every spot on the line, think Andre Smith, Jason Peters or Shawn Andrews when you try to project him to the pros, similar size, strength, weight issues and maturity issues. He will succeed somewhere.

Rolando McClain- So he might not run fast, who cares really? He is a MLB and a good one, he was the brains of the defense at 'Bama, he is a sound tackler, can take on blockers, has shown zone coverage ability and he has shown closing speed. At the very least, I see him being a tackling machine in a 3-4 defense, he is smart, big tough and has a great head on his shoulders, he'll at least be a key cog in a good defense.

Maurkice Pouncey- This guy is a complete monster at the center position, he he has the feet and quickness to mirror just about anyone in the NFL and he has the power to create a push in the run game all on his own. He is intelligent and made line calls at Florida and I saw a lot of savvy in him at Florida. He has the size, ability and strength to play LG or RG as well as play C. He will be a probowler in the NFL at some point and I'll go ahead and say he'll be the top C in the NFL at some point in his career if that is where he ends up playing.

Montario Hardesty- I'm convinced that he will be a good RB in the NFL, he has the size, strength and speed to make it in the NFL. Plus he does a lot of the little things as well, he takes care of the ball, he catches the ball out of the backfield, he operated in a prostyle offense, can run routes and he knows how to effectively pass block. He will be a huge steal for whoever grabs him and I'm starting to think he will be the best RB from this draft over CJ Spiller (who is incredibly dumb from what I can tell and he doesn't seem like a fiery guy), Jahvid Best (injury prone) and Jonathan Dwyer (just a notch lower than Hardesty IMO, Dwyer has more power but that is about it).

Kyle Wilson- This guy is going to be a shutdown corner in the NFL IMO, he showed he was capable of covering anything and everything at the senior bowl, proving his potential to be a shutdown corner in a drill that heavily favors receivers. He has the agility and quickness to stick with receivers in and out of their breaks, the deep speed to cover long routes, he has the ball skills to be a playmaker at the CB spot and he has the toughness to support the run game.

If I was allowed to write more, I would toss in Brian Price, Kareem Jackson and Devin McCourty.

OaklandRaider56
03-03-2010, 06:29 PM
The obvious:
-Ndamukong Suh
-Eric Berry
-Sean Weatherspoon
-Rolando McClain
-Russell Okung

The slightly less obvious:
-Derrick Morgan
-Brian Price
-Jordan Shipley
-Jason Fox
-Marshall Newhouse

SenorGato
03-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Bryant
Suh
Hardy
Berry
Iupati

Vince Oghobaase will be a very good player for a 5-7 rounder.

Saints-Tigers
03-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Hardy might be the exact opposite of a sure thing.

SenorGato
03-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Hardy might be the exact opposite of a sure thing.

I fully buy into Greg Hardy. I think whoever drafts him is getting the steal of the draft.

TitanHope
03-03-2010, 07:14 PM
1) Eric Berry, S, Tennessee - You can tell Berry is gonna be a player just by watching him play for the Vols, but after showing up to the combine taller and bigger than expected, maintaining his speed by running in the 4.4's, and showed his reach area by posting a 43-in. vert, 10'10 broad jump, and 33 1/4 arms, he's backed up his production with ideal physical tools for a FS.

2) Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska - "House of ******* Spears" people!

3) Montario Hardesty, RB, Tennessee - Maybe a slight homer pick for me, but I truly believe that Hardesty, if he can stay healthy, could easily be a Top 3 RB from this class. He's super athletic, has great vision, and runs with an attitude. Not to mention, ZERO fumbles throughout his entire career. Will he be a perennial All-Pro? Probably not. But do you know for sure what you're getting when you pick Hardesty? Damn straight.

4) Rolando McClain/Sean Weatherspoon/Daryl Washington - I think all three of these LB's, if drafted into the right schemes, will be very good players. McClain is smart and instinctive, and can play in a 4-3 or 3-4. Weatherspoon plays from sideline-to-sideline and is all over the field, and he also has the position flexibility that McClain has. Washington will be drafted by the Tennessee Titans after they trade back and acquire a 2nd RD pick in the process. Washington is an ideal Cover 2 OLB, and is a undersized but lanky defender. He's great in coverage, and has the agility to react to the run quickly and make the tackle. I think all three guys are gonna be good ones.

5) Brandon Graham, DE/OLB, Michigan - You just know what you're getting from Graham. Is he a 6'6, 270 lbs. monster at the DE position? No. But he's a guy who's gonna come in everyday and come to work. He's gonna be consistent on the field, running every play hard with his motor and making plays behind the LOS. He's gonna support the run, rush the passer, and give you consistent performance week in and week out.

superman
03-03-2010, 07:57 PM
ben tate also. i just think he'll be one of those backs that beat out a guy in front of them that he shouldn't and never loses the job for the next 5 years.

Matthew Jones
03-04-2010, 09:54 AM
1. Rolando McClain, Alabama
2. Eric Berry, Tennessee
3. Ndamakong Suh, Nebraska
4. C.J. Spiller, Clemson
5. Brian Bulaga, Iowa

CC.SD
03-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Gerald McCoy
Rolando McClain
Eric Berry
Everson Griffin
Ryan Matthews

100%

thenewfeature06
03-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Suh
Clausen
Eric Berry
Jermaine Gresham
Sleeper: Ryan Matthews

cajuncorey
03-04-2010, 07:08 PM
sergio kindle- is one of the most scheme diverse players in the draft and i think wherever he goes he will make an impact. can play 4-3 OLB DE and 3-4 OLB. think a rich mans clint sintim.

taylor mays- can play anywhere, people say he doesnt have the ball skills but the sky is the limit. has the potential to be better than sean taylor. thats right i said it. hes a freak with better instincts, intangibles and skills than he is credited for. and as for tackling hes a beast.

toonsterwu
03-04-2010, 07:14 PM
I don't know who my top 5 are, but I believe Trent Williams to be a very safe prospect that has better upside than given credit for.

I'd put Terrence Cody up there as well. He'll be a good 3-4 NT. Might be a two -down guy ... but most 3-4 teams can live with that if need be.

RGVBadBoy
03-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Toby Gerhart is a sure fire pick, too bad I don't think he'll be a primary ball carrier and reach his full potential....

descendency
03-04-2010, 11:19 PM
Jimmy Clausen, Eric Berry, Gerald McCoy, CJ Spiller, Brandon Graham.

I'm personally scared off of Suh because of Bo Pelini. I have a feeling next year Jared Crick will be the next Suh. and then someone else will replace him. I'm just getting that feeling.

Rolando McClain is #6 to me. He deserves mention though.

Don Vito
03-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Suh, Berry, E. Thomas, McClain, McCoy.

wogitalia
03-05-2010, 12:15 AM
1. Byran Bulaga - Just screams safe to me. Worst case I think you get a really good RT or LG out of him. Best case you get the definition of rock solid at LT for a decade. I don't think he has massive upside but I think you can draft him and feel pretty good about him.

2. Myron Rolle - Same deal as Bulaga. There are other guys with far greater upside, Rolle is just safe. I fully expect he ends up with one of the teams that value character, you know those ones that have also done pretty well(Pats, Steelers, Vikes, Giants and Saints) all come to mind. I think what he is will help him land in an ideal situation and he has shown every sort of intangible that you could ever link to success in the league.

3. Sean Weatherspoon - Just feels good as a prospect. I think has the most upside of my first 3 prospects but is also very safe because I think his low-end is still a very good LB. Just looks a stud.

4. Brandon Spikes/Rolando McClain - I have said it several times already that I feel they are very similar prospects with subtle differences. One thing I feel strongest about is that both are going to be bigtime MLBs that are leaders of their defense. Both have been the leaders of their teams for a couple of years, both have lead extremely good teams and I see no reason that won't continue at the next level, barring one of them ending up somewhere like Oakland... I think if Detroit doesn't take a long hard look at both of them they are crazy. Problem is McClain is not good "value" with their first.

5. Brandon Graham - I just think he isn't going top 15. I notice a trend with the teams picking after pick 15. The vast majority have been picking in that same region for the last decade because they have drafted guys with an idea of what they wanted out of them. I expect whoever takes Graham will do so knowing what they want and will get it.

Notice a trend here, I don't like the guys in the top 10 because bad teams can ruin even the best prospects. See guys like Huff and Landry who are of the same calibre as Berry is and what landing on a bad team can do. I stayed away from the QBs, I really don't like Bradford as a top 20 pick. I don't feel Clausen is safe, I just like him more than Bradford. DT is always a risk, especially if you put top 3 pick pressure on them. I also tried for the most part to get a cross section of positions, instead of just loading up on OTs. Didn't touch WR because of the position but I think that Bryant is as safe a WR prospect as you are going to get.

TACKLE
03-05-2010, 12:17 AM
1) Eric Berry, S, Tennessee - You can tell Berry is gonna be a player just by watching him play for the Vols, but after showing up to the combine taller and bigger than expected, maintaining his speed by running in the 4.4's, and showed his reach area by posting a 43-in. vert, 10'10 broad jump, and 33 1/4 arms, he's backed up his production with ideal physical tools for a FS.

2) Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska - "House of ******* Spears" people!

3) Montario Hardesty, RB, Tennessee - Maybe a slight homer pick for me, but I truly believe that Hardesty, if he can stay healthy, could easily be a Top 3 RB from this class. He's super athletic, has great vision, and runs with an attitude. Not to mention, ZERO fumbles throughout his entire career. Will he be a perennial All-Pro? Probably not. But do you know for sure what you're getting when you pick Hardesty? Damn straight.

4) Rolando McClain/Sean Weatherspoon/Daryl Washington - I think all three of these LB's, if drafted into the right schemes, will be very good players. McClain is smart and instinctive, and can play in a 4-3 or 3-4. Weatherspoon plays from sideline-to-sideline and is all over the field, and he also has the position flexibility that McClain has. Washington will be drafted by the Tennessee Titans after they trade back and acquire a 2nd RD pick in the process. Washington is an ideal Cover 2 OLB, and is a undersized but lanky defender. He's great in coverage, and has the agility to react to the run quickly and make the tackle. I think all three guys are gonna be good ones.

5) Brandon Graham, DE/OLB, Michigan - You just know what you're getting from Graham. Is he a 6'6, 270 lbs. monster at the DE position? No. But he's a guy who's gonna come in everyday and come to work. He's gonna be consistent on the field, running every play hard with his motor and making plays behind the LOS. He's gonna support the run, rush the passer, and give you consistent performance week in and week out.

Mines almost exactly the same.

1. Gerald McCoy
2. Ndmukong Suh
3. Brandon Graham
4. Rolando McClain
5. Montario Hardesty

DaBrowns41
03-05-2010, 05:16 AM
1. Eric Berry - Ed Reed cloned.

2. Rolando McClain - Just seems to have "it" and all the physical tools to be the next great ILB.

3. Gerald McCoy - I've been high on this guy since his freshman year and nothing has changed ... has it ALL ... despite a poor combine showing, he's an elite athlete

4. Brandon Graham - Every single time I've seen him(huge UM fan so that's ever game) he has looked great, especially the big games.

5. Jermaine Gresham - The only thing stopping this kid from being an elite pass catching TE is injuries.

Injury concerns = not surefire...

GoBroncos
03-05-2010, 08:55 AM
1. Eric Berry
2. Ndamukong Suh
3. Russell Okung
4. Brandan Graham
5. Jerry Hughes