PDA

View Full Version : RavenOfProphecy's March 4th Mock Draft!

Matthew Jones
03-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Sorry about linking to another site's mock, it was just a little easier to organize for me. If anyone has like a severe objection to this I could type up the picks on here I suppose. Let me know what you think! If you don't like a pick, suggest alternatives please! Thanks to diabsoule and Hines Ward Jr. for help on the draft!

http://draftdebacled.com/PublishedDraft.aspx?mdid=11804

thenewfeature06
03-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Highly likely that Al goes with Campbell but personally I would want Davis or JPP.

AntoinCD
If Dez Bryant falls that far the Pats have to try to move up for him. I also wouldnt mind Bulaga at that pick. Kinda meh on the Tate pick.

Bengals78
Good pick but I might cry if Thomas goes right in front of us lol

vidae
03-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Great KC pick.

thebow305
03-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Great Phins pick!

Matthew Jones
03-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Highly likely that Al goes with Campbell but personally I would want Davis or JPP.

I feel your pain. Personally I think it's going to be Campbell though. :(

Matthew Jones
03-04-2010, 12:58 PM
If Dez Bryant falls that far the Pats have to try to move up for him. I also wouldnt mind Bulaga at that pick. Kinda meh on the Tate pick.

I agree on Bryant, but I didn't project trades. I thought about Bulaga but it was a little too unlikely - at one point Iupati was the pick. I'm kinda meh on Tate being that high of a pick but I could see it. I wanted to try something a little different there and he has a nice pedigree under Weis.

Matthew Jones
03-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Good pick but I might cry if Thomas goes right in front of us lol

Haha, well, not a bad consolation prize, huh? Bryant is probably the steal of the draft at that point.

DiG
03-04-2010, 01:08 PM
yay on okung at 4. id also accept berry. but okung is very nice.

surprised you still have haden at 7 to the browns. its definitely possible but looks more like a reach at this point. i agree though that theyd prefer to trade up for berry or down if hes gone.

personally i cant imagine dez falling that far. once he has his pro day i think hell be a top 15 lock and a probable top 10 kind of player.

you should do a 2-3 rounder next time. always respect your views.

Abaddon
03-04-2010, 01:13 PM
I'd rather boycott the 1st round than draft Bruce Campbell.

Poz51
03-04-2010, 01:17 PM

surprised you still have haden at 7 to the browns. its definitely possible but looks more like a reach at this point. i agree though that theyd prefer to trade up for berry or down if hes gone.

personally i cant imagine dez falling that far. once he has his pro day i think hell be a top 15 lock and a probable top 10 kind of player.

I agree with D-30, and would add I like the Bills pick :D
I would like to see a 2-3 rounder as well, and think you would do very well.

vikes_28
03-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Great vikings mock! Dan Williams <3

Pryme
03-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Great Cowboys pick! I was hesitant about Brown, but after his great weigh in and combine, I'm all for it.

Matthew Jones
03-04-2010, 01:31 PM

I definitely think Okung would be the pick over Berry - I also considered Clausen but I have a feeling you're not really feeling that one. :p

Dez certainly has a top ten shot, that's just the way this one worked out.

FlyingElvis
03-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Golden Tate, eh?

That would suck so hard. Not necessarily because Tate is a bad pick, but simply because he's a terrible consolation prize when Bryant goes at 21. :(

I would rather have Bulaga there, too. Take a better WR next year, give Brandon Tate some time to develop, and ensure we have a solid Oline for when Matt Light gets injured again.

Matthew Jones
03-04-2010, 01:33 PM
I agree with D-30, and would add I like the Bills pick :D
I would like to see a 2-3 rounder as well, and think you would do very well.

Thanks! I will probably do at least a two-rounder at some point, maybe right before the draft. At this point it's a little too hard to predict!

Matthew Jones
03-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Golden Tate, eh?

That would suck so hard. Not necessarily because Tate is a bad pick, but simply because he's a terrible consolation prize when Bryant goes at 21. :(

I would rather have Bulaga there, too. Take a better WR next year, give Brandon Tate some time to develop, and ensure we have a solid Oline for when Matt Light gets injured again.

Haha. Really that opposed to Tate? We could have receiving corps of Tate & Tate. I don't think Matt Light is really a big injury risk. I could see Iupati there but Bulaga would be strictly value with not enough need.

wicket
03-04-2010, 01:35 PM
seeing price and dan williams go the two picks before the saints would suck but i guess thats the curse of winning the superbowl ;)

FlyingElvis
03-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Haha. Really that opposed to Tate? We could have receiving corps of Tate & Tate. I don't think Matt Light is really a big injury risk. I could see Iupati there but Bulaga would be strictly value with not enough need.
Light is in his last season so we need a backup plan. And I know he's not a big injury risk, but he's up there in age so you never know. With Kaczur as the 3rd best OT on our team I would be fine grabbing a OT now. Bulaga would be an icredible value at 22.

It's not that I'm opposed to Tate. Watching the draft unfold and seeing Dez Bryant slide . . . slide . . . slide ever closer to 22 only to have him nabbed at 21 would be like

http://www.icanhasmotivation.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/ichmfrust.gif

DiG
03-04-2010, 01:43 PM
I definitely think Okung would be the pick over Berry - I also considered Clausen but I have a feeling you're not really feeling that one. :p

right now yes but FA and trades will play a definitive factor in the upcoming weeks. either way im happy. ive got berry and okung as 1a and 1b for our pick. clausen is in the double digits on my big board...

prock
03-04-2010, 02:19 PM
I ******* LOVE Dan Williams.

Matthew Jones
03-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Light is in his last season so we need a backup plan. And I know he's not a big injury risk, but he's up there in age so you never know. With Kaczur as the 3rd best OT on our team I would be fine grabbing a OT now. Bulaga would be an icredible value at 22.

It's not that I'm opposed to Tate. Watching the draft unfold and seeing Dez Bryant slide . . . slide . . . slide ever closer to 22 only to have him nabbed at 21 would be like

http://www.icanhasmotivation.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/ichmfrust.gif

I suppose we could replace Light after this year but I don't know if we need to spend a first round pick on that because Vollmer looked pretty nice on the left side and we could substitute needing a left tackle for needing a right tackle, which can be had much later most of the time (look at the guys we've started on the right under Belichick.)

FlyingElvis
03-04-2010, 02:56 PM
I suppose we could replace Light after this year but I don't know if we need to spend a first round pick on that because Vollmer looked pretty nice on the left side and we could substitute needing a left tackle for needing a right tackle, which can be had much later most of the time (look at the guys we've started on the right under Belichick.)

True. But @ 22 Bulaga is a great pick up and his relatively short arms wouldn't be a problem at RT. Plus I'm very impatient. lol

I do agree, though. Personally, I've been selling myself on Tony Washington from Abilene Christian as a developmental RT. Bookend beasts at 6'7 & 6'8 with Vollmer and Washington . . . http://forums.dieselstation.com/style_emoticons/default/drool3.gif

Pat Sims 90
03-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Bryant would be really nice but i doubt he falls to us someone will trade ahead of us

Matthew Jones
03-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Bryant would be really nice but i doubt he falls to us someone will trade ahead of us

Maybe so, I don't project trades though. Way too tough.

proshoota25
03-04-2010, 11:33 PM
i agree with everyone here. baluga would be a great pick for the pats at 22. look out for gresham now, now that we dont have any tight ends. i could see us doing something like gresham, pouncey, and later in the draft, riley cooper.

marshallb
03-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Excellent Vikings pick. Williams is perfect.