PDA

View Full Version : Skins FA Tracker

DiG
03-04-2010, 02:11 PM
post signings, rumors, etc here.

god i love FA eve!!! so much anticipation. hopefully i can get some sleep tonight. long weekend skiing this weekend but ill have my blackberry for updates.

as of 3/4

TENDERED

Jason Campbell 1st rounder
Carlos Rogers 1st rounder
Stephon Heyer 2nd rounder
Chris Wilson 2nd rounder
Rocky Mcintosh 2nd rounder
Kedric Golston 2nd rounder
Reed Doughty 2nd rounder

Not tendered yet:

Will Montgomery
Anthony Montgomery

Not tendered
Quinton Ganther

Unrestricted Free Agents

Ethan Albright
Phillip Daniels
Levi Jones
Casey Rabach
Hunter Smith
Mike Williams
Renaldo Wynn
Todd Yoder

DiG
03-04-2010, 04:31 PM
skins release betts and cartwright. also rumor that griffin and el are to be cut. change is happening! im all for all four of those cuts.

critesy
03-04-2010, 04:41 PM
woooo! this is unheard of, i love it. i hope we re-sign yoder <3

DiG
03-04-2010, 04:44 PM
redskins insider says smoots cut, randel el, and griffin.

savings on cartwright, el, thomas, smoot, and betts for 2010 is $12 mil

2 Live Crew
03-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Very nice, needed to cut this dead weight awhile ago. I won't miss any of them. I did always like Smoot's personality but his performance on the field left a lot to be desired.

Also, props on that avatar Dirty Thirty, sick game.

703SKINS202
03-04-2010, 05:00 PM
I love all of these cuts. Get rid of the leftover trash. I'm pissed the Chargers put the full tender on Sproles, he would have been perfect with all the recent cuts at RB. I can't wait to see who Shanny targets at RB.

DiG
03-04-2010, 05:28 PM
marcus mason cut now too.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-04-2010, 05:35 PM
I understand the finances but I still state that Smoot was the best DB on our roster last year, and is a better tackler than Deangelo and even Carlos.

703SKINS202
03-04-2010, 06:46 PM
marcus mason cut now too.
Wow, what does that say about our RB corps now? Shanny pointed us to Alrigde, maybe hes gonna actually play the guy with a mix of portis and a drafted RB. Can't wait for midnight.

DiG
03-04-2010, 07:20 PM
todd collins and eddie williams cut.

lorenzo alexander given lowest tender. right of refusal only. montgomery given 5th round tender.

DiG
03-04-2010, 08:05 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4966698

Rabach agreed to a three-year contract worth about $12.3 million, according to the source. His contract voided after the season and he was scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Eddie Williams, the FB or Center?

treyskins
03-05-2010, 06:43 AM
Nice short term contract for Rabach, so i guess our o-line didnt really suck!!

Smoot gone and Rogers very likely gone......Round 2 in the draft could well see us get a Corner now.
No big name signed as Allen is targeting second tier players but green bay Tackle Clifton is due to talk to the skins after turning down $5 mill. a year.
Wonder how many games he has missed these last 3 years.

Must be looking at defensive tackle or nose tackle as well.

DiG
03-05-2010, 07:45 AM
chad clifton visiting today. good history in the zbs.

2 Live Crew
03-05-2010, 08:35 AM
Redskins insider tweet (god I hate twitter), says if the Skins do indeed pickup Clifton, they will probably go QB with the 4th pick.

DiG
03-05-2010, 10:31 AM
thats just speculation. just like when campbell was tendered all of a sudden everyone says tackle at 4.

Free agent tackle Tony Pashos on his way to visit the Redskins, per a league source.

Philip Daniels has resigned with the Redskins.

BaLLiN
03-05-2010, 10:37 AM
thats just speculation. just like when campbell was tendered all of a sudden everyone says tackle at 4.

Free agent tackle Tony Pashos on his way to visit the Redskins, per a league source.

Philip Daniels has resigned with the Redskins.

I still say you guys should draft Okung and let Campbell lose his job to Colt Brennan. Btw Brennan does fit Shanny's offense does he?

703SKINS202
03-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Vomit.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/05/redskins-interested-in-rex-grossman/

critesy
03-05-2010, 12:33 PM
I understand the finances but I still state that Smoot was the best DB on our roster last year, and is a better tackler than Deangelo and even Carlos.

whaaaaaaa, i can see d fall but not carlos at all.

2 Live Crew
03-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Vomit.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/05/redskins-interested-in-rex-grossman/

Someone needs to be 3rd string. He played under Kyle last year at Houston.

FloridaFootball
03-05-2010, 09:31 PM
The way I see our QB depth chart this year:

1. Jason Campbell
2. Colt Brennan
3. Jimmy Clausen :)

SeanTaylorRIP
03-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Clifton is off the market. Any way we can get Thomas Jones here?

McBain
03-06-2010, 12:14 AM
we didn't land clifton? damn bizzaro offseason is tripping me out. i do like all the cuts that were made

SeanTaylorRIP
03-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Next 3 years are rebuilding. Our roster next season most likely will be a lot worst than last season. Of course we have few young guys who will progress, but we have even more old guys who will regress. I fully expect us to go Okung and land the #1 overall pick and QB in next years draft. Our team is so separated. We have a bunch of old overpaid guys, and then honestly we only have maybe 2-4 guys max on the 65 man roster under 28 on the team worth keeping in the future.

McBain
03-07-2010, 05:07 AM
http://twitter.com/RickMaese

Ma'ake Kemoeatu is coming to visit on tueday.

Interesting. I wonder if we'd move Haynesworth to DE if we signed him.... maybe just rotate them at NT. Either way depth on the DL Is A-ok with me.

skinzzfan25
03-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Haynesworth would be much more effective outside. Maybe Montgomery's true calling is playing that 2-gap space eater.

treyskins
03-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Very Humblin' weekend for skins fans,green bays tackle clifton certainly took us for a ride,how times have changed.
Maybe next week we pick up some cheaper 2nd tier talent.

Biggest downer for me was detriot picking up 2 defensive linemen which makes it likely they take Okung in the draft or trade down if Bradford is there.
If we are stuck at pick 4 then its (gulp) Clausen? ahead of Suh/McCoy.

703SKINS202
03-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Very Humblin' weekend for skins fans,green bays tackle clifton certainly took us for a ride,how times have changed.
Maybe next week we pick up some cheaper 2nd tier talent.

Biggest downer for me was detriot picking up 2 defensive linemen which makes it likely they take Okung in the draft or trade down if Bradford is there.
If we are stuck at pick 4 then its (gulp) Clausen? ahead of Suh/McCoy.
I hope we'd be smart enough to take Suh/McCoy over Clausen if that's the scenario.

DiG
03-07-2010, 02:38 PM
id love Kemoeatu. hes got good 3-4 hybrid experience from the ravens.

i dont know much on hicks except hes got some zbs experience in minne. should be an upgrade at guard.

looks like both clifton and pashos got overpaid by a team other than us.

@MoveTheSticks:
"Not a sexy signing but I know at least 2 other teams were hoping to land Artis Hicks... Good move by the Redskins"

2 Live Crew
03-07-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm enjoying the low key offseason so far from the Skins. Pretty refreshing to not go hand over huge contracts to the biggest FA names every year.

I don't know much about Hicks but he has some experience and should be an upgrade or at least good depth.

This is the end of our offseason championship dynasty!

DiG
03-08-2010, 07:57 AM
redskins insider says that the skins are very close to finalizing a trade today. no news on the team or contents yet. carlos rogers? marshall? gaither? other??

DiG
03-08-2010, 08:44 AM
although hicks did not start many games in 09 for the Vikings, he took 253 snaps in 7 games (mostly in the second half of the season) and gave up 0 sacks and 3 QB hits. i dont know that he will start for us this year but i like the signing and think he can provide much needed depth given his versatility and ability to play 3-4 positions on the line.

2 Live Crew
03-08-2010, 08:44 AM
redskins insider says that the skins are very close to finalizing a trade today. no news on the team or contents yet. carlos rogers? marshall? gaither? other??

Hmm interesting...Hopefully trading Rogers/Landry/Portis...

I'd like to get Gaither...not sure what we have that the Ravens want though.

703SKINS202
03-08-2010, 10:57 AM

I'd like to get Gaither...not sure what we have that the Ravens want though.
They still owe us reparations from stealing Jim Zorn.

DiG
03-08-2010, 11:13 AM

updated now saying carlos rogers may be part of our side

2 Live Crew
03-08-2010, 03:15 PM
updated now saying carlos rogers may be part of our side

Well here's the latest rumor from DC Sports Radio. I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt by the way...I tend not to believe any of this stuff until I see it from a legit source.

DC Sports Radio: "The Browns want Cooley, Rogers, Campbell. NO WORD on if we are considering, or considered at all"

DiG
03-08-2010, 03:19 PM
it wouldnt surprise me that the browns would be interested in those three. they obviously have a need at all three of those positions and a handful of draft picks. it would be worth it for them to at least inquire.

DiG
03-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Willie Parker scheduled to arrive at Redskins Park this evening

Unrestricted free agent running back Willie Parker is scheduled to arrive at Redskins Park early this evening to visit with team officials. Linebacker Larry Foote had been expected to meet with decision makers earlier in the day.

With all the questions concerning Clinton Portis, the Redskins would prefer to have another proven running back on the roster. Parker had three consecutive seasons of at least 1,200 yards rushing from 2005-07. Slowed because of injuries last season, he dropped to second on the depth chart and had 389 yards in 14 games.

Parker, who had a base salary of $3.35 million last season, was a member of two Super Bowl championship teams with the Steelers. Portis is guaranteed $6.4 million during the 2010 season, so the team probably would not want to commit much guaranteed money to another player at the position.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Bleh not a fan of Parker at all. For a guy who was so dependent on speed he just looks so average and washed up at this point. I wouldn't mind Foote at all though with his extensive 34 experience.

critesy
03-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Bleh not a fan of Parker at all. For a guy who was so dependent on speed he just looks so average and washed up at this point. I wouldn't mind Foote at all though with his extensive 34 experience.

yup i agree with this, parker just doesnt seem to have much left.

DiG
03-09-2010, 08:25 AM
http://1067thefandc.radio.com/2010/03/09/will-redskins-make-a-fast-deal/

A final decision would not be made until today if a contract can be worked out, but 106.7 the FAN was first to report last night that the sides were very much hoping to move towards an agreement, and that the Redskins had purchased Parker ONLY a one-way ticket to the Washington DC area, a practice that is highly unusual based on a source close to the situation.
The way you would read into that — is that the Redskins do not want Parker to leave without a contract.

Parker was described as a “perfect fit” for the system and style of running that Mike Shanahan wants out of his football team. Another person close to the situation described the potential marriage as one with “so much synergy.”

2 Live Crew
03-09-2010, 08:36 AM
I'm not a fan of Parker and I believe it would be a poor signing. Parker is a dime a dozen RB nowadays...and you are probably going to pay him more than he's worth because of his time in the NFL.

But if they think he's a fit, than so be it.

DiG
03-09-2010, 09:25 AM
I'm not a fan of Parker and I believe it would be a poor signing. Parker is a dime a dozen RB nowadays...and you are probably going to pay him more than he's worth because of his time in the NFL.

But if they think he's a fit, than so be it.

I agree. This is one of those things where Shanahans history precedes him. The RB position is one that he has proven to understand and has been extremely successful finding the right players for the system. From the outside looking in, it looks like Willie is on the downside of his career but on the bright side he has only had 1,253 carries compared to Portis' 2,176 carries.

DiG
03-09-2010, 10:07 AM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/free-agency/nose-tackle-maake-kemoeatu-vis.html#comments

Former Carolina Panthers nose tackle Maake Kemoeatu is among the players the Redskins are hosting today at the complex, according to a league source.

As Rick Maese previously reported, it's unlikely the Redskins would offer Kemoeatu a contract at this time. He sat out the 2009 season after tearing his Achilles' tendon in training camp and his recovery has been bumpy. He also is expected to visit New Orleans and Denver.

Although Kemoeatu's initial surgery went well, he later required a second procedure and still is not running. But the Redskins are in the process of making a major shift from a 4-3 to a base 3-4 defense under new defensive coordinator Jim Haslett, so it makes sense to keep an eye on Kemoeatu, who was a force in the middle for Carolina. Kemoeatu had a base salary of $2 million last season.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-09-2010, 10:10 AM
I agree. This is one of those things where Shanahans history precedes him. The RB position is one that he has proven to understand and has been extremely successful finding the right players for the system. From the outside looking in, it looks like Willie is on the downside of his career but on the bright side he has only had 1,253 carries compared to Portis' 2,176 carries.

True but at this point it doesn't matter if we had Chris Johnson I hate our O-line, and some of the guys don't even fit with the blocking scheme let alone the lack of talent.

DiG
03-09-2010, 10:14 AM
True but at this point it doesn't matter if we had Chris Johnson I hate our O-line, and some of the guys don't even fit with the blocking scheme let alone the lack of talent.

Im not nearly as worried about bringing in a guy like Willie Parker on an incentive laden deal as I am with fixing the oline. We knew there werent going to be a lot of options this year in FA given the uncapped year. Hopefully we do whats right and start rebuilding it through the draft. Next years FA class also should be a lot better and it looks like Allen/Shanahan are putting us in a place financially to make moves in 011. No one should have expected this to be a 1 year fix.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Anyone else read that Lorenzo Alexander singed an extension and will be moved to LB. I assume ILB, ala Levon Kirkland. Obviously he will just be a back end backup but I really don't see that working. Why not backup DE? Anyways his best asset to the team is on special teams as he's the ultimate hustler. I also would like to see him more as an extra blocking TE on goaline and short yard situations.

DiG
03-09-2010, 06:46 PM
i saw that too strip but i read OLB. itll be interesting. i expected theyd have him play DE but I read he was down to 270 lbs. hopefully that means they will have jarmon bulk up to play DE.

2 Live Crew
03-09-2010, 08:17 PM
i saw that too strip but i read OLB. itll be interesting. i expected theyd have him play DE but I read he was down to 270 lbs. hopefully that means they will have jarmon bulk up to play DE.

Yea, I read OLB too...don't see how that's going to work.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Yeah Alexander's strength and decent athleticism seems to project far better to DE. It's actually Jarmon who looks more capable of playing OLB than bulking to play DE. If we were to trade Andre Carter could we get a 4th or at least 5th rounder for him?

DiG
03-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Yeah Alexander's strength and decent athleticism seems to project far better to DE. It's actually Jarmon who looks more capable of playing OLB than bulking to play DE. If we were to trade Andre Carter could we get a 4th or at least 5th rounder for him?

for a team like the Panthers i would think we could pull at least a 5th, a decent player, or even a 4th. hes shown in a 4-3 that he can be very productive.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-10-2010, 10:29 AM
I'm optimistic we could get a 4th rounder for him. Last year Derrick Burgess 30 years old coming off two horrible seasons including the most recent 3.5 sack season was traded to the Patriots for a 3rd and 5th rounder. Granted Patriots needed a 34 OLB bad and Burgess had that ability, but it isn't out of the realm that we can land an early 4th rounder for Carter.

703SKINS202
03-10-2010, 11:47 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

The Washington Redskins have beefed up their new 3-4 defense with the signing of a beefy defensive lineman.

Adam Schefter of ESPN is reporting that former Carolina Panthers defensive tackle Maake Kemoeatu signed a two-year, $7 million deal with the Redskins.

When Kemoeatu's visit with the Redskins was first reported (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/07/maake-kemoeatu-to-visit-redskins/), it didn't look like a signing was close because Kemoeatu isn't close to being completely recovered from the torn Achilles' tendon that cost him the entire 2009 season. But apparently the Redskins are satisfied that Kemoeatu is on the road to recovery.

The 31-year-old Kemoeatu played for the Ravens from 2002 to 2005 and the Panthers from 2006 to 2008. He is listed at 345 pounds but is likely bigger than that, and recent reports have suggested that his goal during rehab was to stay under 370.

I really like this signing if he can stay healthy and take reps so we don't have to force Haynesworth to play NT all the time.

DiG
03-10-2010, 11:50 AM
love that signing also. im confident that if we signed him then he checked out enough medically that we feel hell be ready to go. nice short term inexpensive contract too. nice nice nice.

703SKINS202
03-10-2010, 12:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4982457

The Washington Redskins (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=was) market search for a veteran running back has brought them to Larry Johnson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4485), a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

DiG
03-10-2010, 12:47 PM
to be honest...id prefer parker

SeanTaylorRIP
03-10-2010, 01:12 PM
I'm upset we didn't make a play for Thomas Jones. I have a feeling whoever we sign Parker or Johnson or whoever will get more than the 2 years 5 million Jones got from KC.

ChefMike
03-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Maake Kemoeatu is going to be a better player then Haynesworth will be next season you heard it here first. He is a team first player and is just as big physically as ol Prince Albert. He will eat up blockers and let your LB's get after people. Though I must say you need to upgrade the LB's too. I just hope that you continue to build through the lines and not go after a QB in the draft.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Well let me see how he looks post injury before I make assumptions. Also he's a solid NT but he's never been an above average player especially looking at his 34 tape in Baltimore. I think you are going a little over board on the love and the Haynesworth hate. I still think Albert should be playing NT. IMO he just doesn't have the conditioning or constant motor to effectively utilize his skills at DE. It's a shame he's such a pssy about being a team player because IMO he'd be most effective playing NT and absorbing blocks. Unfortunately he needs to get his to play at a high level.

scpanther22
03-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Maake Kemoeatu is going to be a better player then Haynesworth will be next season you heard it here first. He is a team first player and is just as big physically as ol Prince Albert. He will eat up blockers and let your LB's get after people. Though I must say you need to upgrade the LB's too. I just hope that you continue to build through the lines and not go after a QB in the draft.

As a panthers fan.I can say Kemo will do his job well.He will take up blockers.Its good he is in the 34 because he is no good at rushing the passer at all.lol

DiG
03-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Redskins signed former Chiefs tight end Sean Ryan to a one-year contract.

Im assuming that he is replacing Todd Yoder as a blocking TE.

toddmlazarchick
03-11-2010, 03:15 PM
With Arizona meeting with Foote and Joey Porter, you have to think they will sign one or the other and Foote is a better fit inside for them. Foote also slammed us to the media saying he wants to be on a winning team and he wants to be a Cardinal. What do you guys think about bringing in Porter to fill our OLB hole opposite Orakpo in the 3-4. He is two years removed from a 17 sack season. He would have Haynesworth and now Kemoeatu eating up blockers in front of him. His contract would probably be a 2 year contract and having his replacement drafted later this year or early next year. Playing in the NFCE could be something he thrives off of because of how intense he is for the game. Id like our younger guys and Orakpo learning from him.

DiG
03-11-2010, 03:44 PM
JasonLaCanfora

Redskins among the team to inquire about Rams DT Adam Carriker. Coach Jim Haslett was in STL when Rams drafted him. More on NFL.com/NFLN less than a minute ago via web

How bout something like Carter + Carlos Rogers?

toddmlazarchick
03-11-2010, 08:48 PM
JasonLaCanfora

Redskins among the team to inquire about Rams DT Adam Carriker. Coach Jim Haslett was in STL when Rams drafted him. More on NFL.com/NFLN less than a minute ago via web

Carter and Rogers is WAY too much for just Carriker. It would need to be Carriker and a pick if we are giving up both of them. I would actually do a straight up Carter for Carriker.

DiG
03-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Looks like we can add Larry Johnson to this years FA signings list. Decent pick up to help share carries with portis as long as its relatively cheap. He showed flashes last year in Cincy. If we dont fix the line though he wont be running anywhere.

toddmlazarchick
03-12-2010, 07:29 PM
3 years 3.5 million for LJ. Im actually excited with this signing. Shanahan will keep him in line and he said playing for us is a dream come true.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Shanny is with RB's like Gruden is with QB's. Don't be surprised to see at least 2 more fairly big name RB's being added to the TC roster.

2 Live Crew
03-13-2010, 01:13 AM
Well I'm not a fan of LJ signing, rather have Parker. I think it is a poor signing right now, but I hope I'm proved wrong.

But really, the Oline is much more important than anyone we can sign at RB...that's the true test.

McBain
03-13-2010, 02:10 AM
JasonLaCanfora

i don't think we are interested in Carriker... i think we are interested in the what the rams draft choice will be. If they want to get rid of Carriker they probably go Suh. Carriker has been a huge bust why would we want him?

treyskins
03-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Cleveland have taken delhomme and wallace over giving the skins a third rounder for jason campbell.

We are going to have a real hard time moving this guy for a pick,might as well keep him for one more year.
Then again, without a good o-line how good will he be?
If the skins are looking at sims/dockery/rabach/hicks and levi jones that looks less a re-build than duct tape job and pray.
Got to be a couple of linemen getting drafted high for us.

Kemo/Ryan and now larry Johnson,all bit-part players,not much of a re-build happening.
Yet.
Hope the skins are cooking some trades for players and picks that actually come off.

toddmlazarchick
03-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Joey Porter to visit Thursday and Barry Simms to visit Friday. I'm so stoked about the Porter visit. 26.5 sacks the past two seasons he would be great to team up along with Orakpo as our OLBs.

DiG
03-17-2010, 06:38 AM
a lot of skins fans will bi@# and moan about porter if we signed him (for off the field type stufF) but ill go on record right now that i am 100% for signing porter to a 2-3 year deal. i think he could be a huge upgrade for us and would be a big difference maker as we transition to the 3-4.

treyskins
03-17-2010, 09:26 AM
According to matt terl the skins have signed qb rex grossman.

A guy that can help kyle install his offense, a replacement for todd collins.

DiG
03-17-2010, 11:36 AM
ahhh hell. first move i dont really agree with. hopefully we can sign porter to make up for it. i hope rex never sees the field.

toddmlazarchick
03-17-2010, 12:10 PM
ahhh hell. first move i dont really agree with. hopefully we can sign porter to make up for it. i hope rex never sees the field.

Same here. I only like the signing if it means we can move Campbell easier.

toddmlazarchick
03-17-2010, 12:16 PM
a lot of skins fans will bi@# and moan about porter if we signed him (for off the field type stufF) but ill go on record right now that i am 100% for signing porter to a 2-3 year deal. i think he could be a huge upgrade for us and would be a big difference maker as we transition to the 3-4.

I totally agree. We tried the band of merry men routine and it got us nowhere. I could careless about his past. If he comes here and still has the fire and passion for the game Im 110% for it. We need players like him to light a fire under our teams ass.

2 Live Crew
03-17-2010, 12:29 PM
I totally agree. We tried the band of merry men routine and it got us nowhere. I could careless about his past. If he comes here and still has the fire and passion for the game Im 110% for it. We need players like him to light a fire under our teams ass.

Agreed...I'd like him on the team for the intensity he brings.

critesy
03-17-2010, 06:42 PM
sexy rexy <3 and yes, im for porter, come motivate the team in some sense. teach orakpo some moves and etc.

toddmlazarchick
03-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Porter signs with Arizona.

As reported by a FO insider, we made Porter and offer and he immediately called Arizona and asked if they could match or beat the offer and they did.

Canadian_draft_fan
03-20-2010, 09:42 AM
Porter signs with Arizona.

As reported by a FO insider, we made Porter and offer and he immediately called Arizona and asked if they could match or beat the offer and they did.
Count me as one of the guys who DIDN'T want Porter. Arizona forked over too much for him just like we would have last off-season. Arizona has done some strange things - dumping quality players and bringing in questionable replacements.

DiG
03-20-2010, 10:13 AM
zona paid way more than i would have. i liked the idea of porter but not for that cash. glad the new skins FO didnt get into a bidding war.

toddmlazarchick
03-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Phillip Buchanon to meet with Redskins Monday

critesy
03-24-2010, 06:12 PM
bidwell the punter was signed... </3

DiG
03-25-2010, 01:28 PM
redskinsblog

#Redskins sign LB Chris Wilson to a contract; terms not disclosed. less than a minute ago via TweetDeck

Rich_Campbell

Was a restricted FA that received a 2nd-round tender. RT @redskinsblog: #Redskins sign LB Chris Wilson to a contract; terms not disclosed. less than a minute ago via TweetDeck

Nice resigning imo. I think Wilson is a guy that could do really well outside in 3-4 looks.

McBain
03-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Phillip Buchanon to meet with Redskins Monday

mrm35OVfM8I&

dude's still fast. vet min = solid

SeanTaylorRIP
03-26-2010, 01:01 PM
All we need to do is sign Mike Rumph again and we could contend for the national championship.

Canadian_draft_fan
03-27-2010, 09:36 PM
zona paid way more than i would have. i liked the idea of porter but not for that cash. glad the new skins FO didnt get into a bidding war.
D30, You should be thanking God we didn't sign that ***hole:
http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=315724
He's just a thug who would be in prison if it weren't for football. He's the Cards problem now.

2 Live Crew
03-28-2010, 09:01 AM
D30, You should be thanking God we didn't sign that ***hole:
http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=315724
He's just a thug who would be in prison if it weren't for football. He's the Cards problem now.

LOL...funny how things work.

DiG
03-28-2010, 10:05 AM
yea i was just laughing about that. well smirking is more like it. laughing would be mean.

DiG
03-29-2010, 04:33 PM
looks like we signed phil buchanon. its a nice cheap deal like $4m cheaper than smoot. could be a decent nickle/dime option.

toddmlazarchick
03-29-2010, 04:51 PM
I like the signing

critesy
03-29-2010, 09:49 PM
thats a niiiice sig todd.

and yes lets hope only good comes from phil.

DiG
04-02-2010, 10:15 PM
so added willie parker too. shanny loves his rbs.

2 Live Crew
04-03-2010, 06:13 AM
so added willie parker too. shanny loves his rbs.

haha yea...well most of us here wanted parker instead of LJ in the first place I think.

At least there will be competition...something that is usually rare for the skins in the past.

DiG
04-03-2010, 11:28 AM
"It's flat out an open competition," said Parker's agent, Doug Hendrickson. "That's what they told Willlie. It's a flat-out open competition as to who's going to play and who's going to start. They said that's the way it's going to be."

i think CP wins it but like you said im glad weve got more than one rb that could start and will hopefully push each other to be better.