PDA

View Full Version : Will the trade affect their stock?

MikeTheDudeV2
03-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Do you think Detroit trading for a DT will effect Suh/McCoy's draft stock? Just curious to see what SWDC forums think.

Babylon
03-05-2010, 04:32 PM
A Dt and a De so you could argue they're addressed the D-line and let's move to other areas. Unless you're gaga over Eric Berry i think trading down makes a lot of sense.

ThePudge
03-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Do you think Detroit trading for a DT will effect Suh/McCoy's draft stock? Just curious to see what SWDC forums think.

Not their actual draft stock, but with Corey Williams at UT it would appear the Lions would look to go with Suh to play NT in their 4-3. Still both Top 3 locks.

MikeTheDudeV2
03-05-2010, 04:39 PM
I have a hunch that with Williams at DT now, they might go Okung at #2 and address their OT problems. If that happens, how far would McCoy fall?

summond822
03-05-2010, 04:54 PM
I have a hunch that with Williams at DT now, they might go Okung at #2 and address their OT problems. If that happens, how far would McCoy fall?

Not far at all. I think Seattle would take him at 6 if he was still there. I find it highly unlikely that he will fall out of the top 5. In fact if he does get past 3, we could be looking at a scramble to trade up to get him.

prock
03-05-2010, 05:27 PM
No chance does McCoy fall Detroit will take Suh if available, and if he is gone, they will take probably at OT and then Tampa takes McCoy. I don't see any scenario that he falls out of the top 3.

MikeTeel
03-05-2010, 06:02 PM
No chance does McCoy fall Detroit will take Suh if available, and if he is gone, they will take probably at OT and then Tampa takes McCoy. I don't see any scenario that he falls out of the top 3.

Rams: QB, Bradford
Lions: LT, Russell Okung
Tampa Bay: DT, Ndamukong Suh
Washington: QB, Jimmy Clausen
KC: S, Eric Berry or LB, Rolando McClain
Seattle: DT, Gerald McCoy

Please let this happen. Please.

RaiderNation
03-05-2010, 06:22 PM
If Im not mistaken Corey Williams isnt a all world player. Sure he is a nice guy to sign and all but I still have Detroit taking Suh if hes there, and Id bet they'd take McCoy over Okung

_YL_
03-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Corey Williams is a good player in the 4-3 him moving to the 3-4 was just stupid.

WMD
03-05-2010, 07:02 PM
I'd still expect us to take a DT at #2. We released Grady Jackson today and Sammie Lee Hill had a solid rookie year, but I still wouldn't rely on him. Not enough to pass on Suh/McCoy anyways.

Addict
03-05-2010, 07:15 PM
I will kill a baby using a cat as a weapon if the Lions fail to draft Suh or McCoy. A cat will be grabbed by two legs and bashed repeadidly into a baby's skull. I kid you not.

RealityCheck
03-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Russell Okung?

Nard_Dog
03-05-2010, 08:10 PM

I doubt he would get any further than six, with the seahawks or broncos at that pick.

Babylon
03-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Russell Okung?

That would be a huge reach.

RWills
03-05-2010, 08:40 PM
I said this a couple of weeks ago, they need to protect their franchise and by taking Okung they are upgrading 2 positions by sliding Backus to LG.

Okung really seperated himself from the pack with his combine plus add the fact the bust rate of high picked DT'.

Also think about the positional class, after round 1 OT becomes very weak, while this is a very strong DT class, and now that they have 2 who can start for them they can look to add one later in the draft.

Passing Suh is like when the Texans passed on Reggie Bush.

With McCoy falling I am wondering if KC grabs him as Dorsey doesn't truly fit their defense and trade him to a DT needing team for a 2 or a 3 or something of more value next year.

bigfreak314
03-05-2010, 09:55 PM
If I was Detroit I would grab LT Okung and protect Stattfords blindside for the next 10 years

Shane P. Hallam
03-05-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm not sure how a player traded for the value of a 6th round pick affects something like this. I still expect DT at 2.

Michigan
03-05-2010, 10:09 PM
As much as I like Corey Williams, he isn't good enough make a team pass on Suh or McCoy.

vidae
03-05-2010, 10:16 PM
If McCoy or Suh are available at 5 I will cry tears of joy. Easy to trade back in that scenario, unless we draft them and use Dorsey in a rotational/backup role or trade him.

So many possibilities!

Saints-Tigers
03-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Not their actual draft stock, but with Corey Williams at UT it would appear the Lions would look to go with Suh to play NT in their 4-3. Still both Top 3 locks.

McCoy never had a shot at going over Suh.

vidae
03-06-2010, 12:42 AM
McCoy never had a shot at going over Suh.

A LOT of people would disagree with you on this one.

Saints-Tigers
03-06-2010, 12:52 AM
A LOT of people would disagree with you on this one.

A lot of those people won't put their nuts on the chopping block though.

No one thinks it is really going to happen, but they'll say it so that by the small chance, if it does happen, they can be the "I told you so" guy.

Flyboy
03-06-2010, 01:01 AM
A lot of those people won't put their nuts on the chopping block though.

No one thinks it is really going to happen, but they'll say it so that by the small chance, if it does happen, they can be the "I told you so" guy.

I used to think the exact same thing, but as the draft gets closer I think there is a chance of McCoy being selected over Suh. I wouldn't agree with it, but I can definitely see it happening now.