PDA

View Full Version : Question from a Jets fan...

Non_Sequitur
03-14-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm sure yall have had plenty of conversations about it... but I was wondering...

What will the Packers do if both Marshawn Lynch and Adrian Peterson are off the board when the Packers are on the clock?

PACKmanN
03-14-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm sure yall have had plenty of conversations about it... but I was wondering...

What will the Packers do if both Marshawn Lynch and Adrian Peterson are off the board when the Packers are on the clock?

trade down and take Olsen
Draft Landry

one of thoses two.

The Legend
03-14-2007, 03:23 PM
trade down and take Olsen
Draft Landry

one of thoses two.

Landry i lost hope on Landry awhile ago he wont make it to us

i say Chris Houston or Michael Griffin (i got him over Reggie) we need future d-back

princefielder28
03-14-2007, 03:35 PM

i say Chris Houston or Michael Griffin (i got him over Reggie) we need future d-back

Houston and Griifin would both be terrible picks at 16; our best option would be to trade down

PACKmanN
03-14-2007, 03:36 PM

Houston reminds me ALOT like Carroll no thanks.

The Legend
03-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Houston reminds me ALOT like Carroll no thanks.

they play way diffrent and hes a beast

well if you look at our main need its strong safety and a harris and woodson are not getting any younger

this is if we get moss and lynch is off the table

also Pack why does he remind you of him

cause hes stronger then Carroll
cause he jumps better then Carroll

thou they may have the same height
cause hes fast as Carroll
they play way way way diffrent

im not sure if you have watch feel on this kid
if not then i guess your just look at is height

neko4
03-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Trade down and nab Olsen, unless we get TE in FA. But getting that extra pick should help alot

jackalope
03-14-2007, 04:46 PM
that's a very likely possibility. I'd like to get Landry if he's still there. if not i think Olsen could be a good option but he wouldn't be the best value.

ChefMike
03-14-2007, 05:00 PM
I don't think that will be the case with Peterson and Lynch gone but if it happens then I think Green Bay will select Olsen or Nelson or even Jarvis Moss if available. I wouldnt go with Houston he seems to lack the height to be the #1 shut down corner. He could defintely be a 2nd behind Charles Woodson but Woodson will probably move to FS eventually to prolong his career much the same Rob Woodson did.

Empire
03-14-2007, 05:28 PM

A first round pick should never be used on a nickel corner at best. We need playmakers at a number of positions, TE, RB, and S.

Non_Sequitur
03-14-2007, 05:46 PM
they play way diffrent and hes a beast

well if you look at our main need its strong safety and a harris and woodson are not getting any younger

this is if we get moss and lynch is off the table

also Pack why does he remind you of him

cause hes stronger then Carroll
cause he jumps better then Carroll

thou they may have the same height
cause hes fast as Carroll
they play way way way diffrent

im not sure if you have watch feel on this kid
if not then i guess your just look at is height

Neither seem to like to hit anyone....

M1Koter
03-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Neither seem to like to hit anyone....

as much as I hated carrol, he did like to hit, didn't do it all that offen but when he got the chance he really layed the wood

cheesehead10790
03-14-2007, 08:43 PM
as much as I hated carrol, he did like to hit, didn't do it all that offen but when he got the chance he really layed the wood

Ya he especially liked to hit the receiver before the ball got there. He was a waste. BTW I dont think we need to draft another CB.

M1Koter
03-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Ya he especially liked to hit the receiver before the ball got there. He was a waste. BTW I dont think we need to draft another CB.

neither do I

Vince Lombardi
03-15-2007, 09:15 AM
There have been rumors that if one of the Packers targets isn't there at 16 they have a trade worked out with NE to trade #16 for #24 & 28 (with probably a few more picks being exchanged between the two teams to even things out). Of course, this is also contingent on one of NE's targets still being on the board at 16. IDK though, it's pretty much just speculation at this point. GB has also been rumored to be in trade talks with Washington about their #1 pick, but it's not TT's style to trade up.

Personally, if Lynch and Landry are both off the board I'd be all for trading back.

M1Koter
03-15-2007, 10:21 AM
There have been rumors that if one of the Packers targets isn't there at 16 they have a trade worked out with NE to trade #16 for #24 & 28 (with probably a few more picks being exchanged between the two teams to even things out). Of course, this is also contingent on one of NE's targets still being on the board at 16. IDK though, it's pretty much just speculation at this point. GB has also been rumored to be in trade talks with Washington about their #1 pick, but it's not TT's style to trade up.

Personally, if Lynch and Landry are both off the board I'd be all for trading back.

I'd be all for trading down, or up if and only if peterson is there

JK17
03-16-2007, 01:02 PM
If they are off the board though, what do the Packers plan to do with their RB situation? stick with what they got, trade, 2nd round RB perhaps?

Non_Sequitur
03-16-2007, 03:38 PM
If they are off the board though, what do the Packers plan to do with their RB situation? stick with what they got, trade, 2nd round RB perhaps?

^
^^
^^^
^^^^
^^^^^

Empire
03-16-2007, 04:07 PM
The Broncos ave proved over the years you don't need a superstar in the ZBS. Any running back who can make one cut and run down hill well can have a good season. There's no reason to think a second, third, or even a late round running back can't have success.

princefielder28
03-16-2007, 04:37 PM
The Broncos ave proved over the years you don't need a superstar in the ZBS. Any running back who can make one cut and run down hill well can have a good season. There's no reason to think a second, third, or even a late round running back can't have success.

That's definitely true!

Green Bay Scat
03-18-2007, 09:23 AM
why not just grab Chris Henry in the 4th then?

princefielder28
03-18-2007, 09:58 AM

I would prefer Henry, but the only thing I question with him is his running vision becuase all the other physical skills are there.

Non_Sequitur
03-18-2007, 10:22 AM

Henry's numbers aren't all that great. His 10 and short shuttle were mediocre. Aka big play threat who will get stopped behind the line often.

If you are going to draft a guy in the mid rounds based on numbers, Antonio Pittman should be your choice for overall numbers.

NAVY
03-20-2007, 03:45 AM
At #16 their are plenty of good players available that would fill needs for the packers. S is an option depending on how the draft goes. Look what buffalo did last year though, who knew? So inevitably there will be some players falling out of the top ten and some rated in the #20-#30 going way up the board. I think there is a very good chance that Lynch is gone by #16.

With that in mind, I see WR as a really good option (w/o moss trade); S could be probable if nelson is available; I don't think the Pack will draft another TE in the first round with Bubba still on the books...that would mean 6-8million cap space for TE's; One of the DT's could fall a couple of spots and really solidify our front four.

Of course this all depends on how the GB scouting team assesses the players. We just assume they grade them the same as the media draft boards have them.

princefielder28
03-20-2007, 08:20 AM
At #16 their are plenty of good players available that would fill needs for the packers. S is an option depending on how the draft goes. Look what buffalo did last year though, who knew? So inevitably there will be some players falling out of the top ten and some rated in the #20-#30 going way up the board. I think there is a very good chance that Lynch is gone by #16.

With that in mind, I see WR as a really good option (w/o moss trade); S could be probable if nelson is available; I don't think the Pack will draft another TE in the first round with Bubba still on the books...that would mean 6-8million cap space for TE's; One of the DT's could fall a couple of spots and really solidify our front four.

Of course this all depends on how the GB scouting team assesses the players. We just assume they grade them the same as the media draft boards have them.

If Olsen and Lynch are gone the Packers should trade down; easy as that

ds8582
03-20-2007, 09:10 AM
If Olsen and Lynch are gone the Packers should trade down; easy as that

I heard a rumor that the Pats and Packers were trying to swap picks. The Pats 2 1st rounders for the 16th pick. I think Joe Arrigo reported that. Did anyone else see that? It was maybe a week ago.

princefielder28
03-20-2007, 10:21 AM
I heard a rumor that the Pats and Packers were trying to swap picks. The Pats 2 1st rounders for the 16th pick. I think Joe Arrigo reported that. Did anyone else see that? It was maybe a week ago.

I would welcome that deal 100%! :)

packer_pat_4
03-20-2007, 11:35 AM
If Lynch, Peterson, and Landry are gone then I think the Pack target Olsen, Nelson, Hall in that order. If all these players are gone I think Griffin or Houston. This is all of course not including trades, which is too hard to predict.

princefielder28
03-20-2007, 11:41 AM
If Lynch, Peterson, and Landry are gone then I think the Pack target Olsen, Nelson, Hall in that order. If all these players are gone I think Griffin or Houston. This is all of course not including trades, which is too hard to predict.

The 1st 3 in my opinion will be gone by the time the Packers pick and the only player from that 2nd bunch that they take with pick 16 would be Greg Olsen otherwise they trade down for more picks and take someone of more value to them.

M1Koter
03-20-2007, 07:27 PM

I think Nelson is more deserving of the 16th pick than olson is

princefielder28
03-20-2007, 11:19 PM
I think Nelson is more deserving of the 16th pick than olson is

Not based on what's available and what we need more

NAVY
03-21-2007, 03:02 AM
I don't think TE is the way to go in the first. Lets not forget that TT's philosophy is to draft BPA not highest player available to fit a current need.

I say it will be an OL, DL, or DB. Thats only if Buffalo drafts Lynch though.

jackalope
03-21-2007, 07:22 AM
I don't think TE is the way to go in the first. Lets not forget that TT's philosophy is to draft BPA not highest player available to fit a current need.

I say it will be an OL, DL, or DB. Thats only if Buffalo drafts Lynch though.OL? that would be a terrible pick.

princefielder28
03-21-2007, 08:20 AM
OL? that would be a terrible pick.

Unbelieveably terrible!!!