PDA

View Full Version : FA changing draft part Deux

RWills
03-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Now with Kampman locked in at Jax with Harvey I don't see them taking a DE. Where do they go now. I know they would love to trade down, but if they can't who would they look at?

Dez Bryant - Pair with MSW and Thomas in the slot would really light up the offense

Joe Haden - There defensive backfield is not very good

Mays/Thomas - Do they reach for a safety, is it reaching on their board? safety is the biggest need IMO

Weatherspoon - Again a slight reach (have him going to Giants) do give them that defensive energy everone feeds off of.

Either way it looks to see Morgan or JPP could slide out of top 10

RWills
03-07-2010, 09:00 AM
If the Pats loose Bodden in FA I see Kyle Wilson or Devin McCourty as their first selection

Addict
03-07-2010, 09:27 AM
are you actually replying to your own thread?

RWills
03-07-2010, 09:29 AM
You should see the arguments, should of edited my first post

Addict
03-07-2010, 09:30 AM
You should see the arguments, should of edited my first post

I... don't know what that means.

BaLLiN
03-07-2010, 09:41 AM
I... don't know what that means.

I think he was just adding a totally different idea to his main post.

RealityCheck
03-07-2010, 09:43 AM
JAC won't take a DE
STL won't take a DT
DET won't take a DT
BAL won't take a WR
NYJ won't take a CB

Anything else?

BaLLiN
03-07-2010, 09:49 AM
JAC won't take a DE
STL won't take a DT
DET won't take a DT
BAL won't take a WR
NYJ won't take a CB

Anything else?

are you saying this with their 1st round picks?

Baltimore will take a WR, and quite possibly it could be in the first. Arrelious Benn has ties to their OC, and he has very good potential to be the #1 target of the future.

Addict
03-07-2010, 09:53 AM
are you saying this with their 1st round picks?

Baltimore will take a WR, and quite possibly it could be in the first. Arrelious Benn has ties to their OC, and he has very good potential to be the #1 target of the future.

they just got Anquan Boldin signed I doubt they're already looking to draft more guys for the position early. They might go for it but not in the first two rounds.

Matthew Jones
03-07-2010, 09:58 AM
JAC won't take a DE
STL won't take a DT
DET won't take a DT
BAL won't take a WR
NYJ won't take a CB

Anything else?

Miami won't take a LB in the first most likely after signing Karlos Dansby.

Why won't STL take a DT? I think there's still a chance Detroit does as well.

BaLLiN
03-07-2010, 10:16 AM
they just got Anquan Boldin signed I doubt they're already looking to draft more guys for the position early. They might go for it but not in the first two rounds.

Apart from Boldin and Stallworth, they really dont have much at all. With Boldin being a constantly injured player, although solid when even remotely healthy, and Stallworth being away from football for a year as well as not being so great with the Browns and declined in his final year with the Pats, there is still reason to be worried.

Theres no question the position was upgraded, but its not to say that it isnt a decent to good possibility they still take a look at WR in the first, even if its not in the first, they still should probably draft a guy.

Nard_Dog
03-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Miami won't take a LB in the first most likely after signing Karlos Dansby.

St. Louis taking a DT in the first round is still a possibility. But it's starting to look like they are going to take a quarterback. It's unlikely that the Lions may take a defensive tackle. They got a steal for Corey Williams. Plus Sammie Lee Hill look good this year. They will likely go with Russell Okung, or trade down. Possibly to Denver who could potentially have the 6th, and 11th pick. The 6th pick they can go offensive tackle (Davis, Okung, etc.). At 11 they can go with the best player available basically.

gpngc
03-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Denver is probably not going to have the 6th pick - all reports indicate that the Seahawks are not going to sign Marshall to a typical offer sheet, but are instead looking to work out a trade.

Does the release of Will Witherspoon make it more likely the Eagles look at a LB early?

BaLLiN
03-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Does the release of Will Witherspoon make it more likely the Eagles look at a LB early?

Probably not, their system doesnt really necessarily need elite LB's, but athletic LB's who can blitz available in mid rounds are typically serviceable.

Wouldnt be out of the question if someone falls to them. Daryl Washington would be freaking nasty WLB for them.

superman
03-07-2010, 12:26 PM
mia still may take an olb

as for jax, i've been thinking for a long time they should draft haden and move mathis to fs (starting to lose a step at cb, plus played fs in college. he'd be > nelson right now for sure)

DJC
03-07-2010, 12:35 PM
I could definitely still see Jacksonville taking at DE at #10. I think their GM is a believer in taking the BPA on their board. It could very well be that Morgan or Pierre-Paul is their highest rated player there. Also, they took two OTs last year and two DE's the year before with their first two picks. I don't think he's scared of stacking a position.

The only things I think have changed are Miami not taking an ILB, Jets not taking a CB and Giants not taking a S

eagles6606
03-07-2010, 12:39 PM

No, not really. Witherspoon was going to start at WLB and we need a SLB. The release of him just means that Jordan will start at WILL and Gaither will back him up. The birds still could use a SAM or a MIKE (move Bradley to the weak side), but FS and DE are still are our priorities.

DeepThreat
03-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Here is all I see (with 1st rounder) :

Dolphins won't take an ILB
Jags won't take an end
Falcons won't take a corner
Jets won't take a corner

keylime_5
03-07-2010, 01:23 PM
I wouldn't say Detroit won't take a DT. The BPA at #2 is gonna be a defensive tackle and you can't get a dominant defensive tackle just any year (and they don't have any on the roster). I would say that getting Williams certainly opens the Lions' options up at #2 though and it could mean they take Okung at #2 instead of McCoy/Suh if the like him enough. Before that trade DT at #2 was a lock. They do still have Jeff Backus at LT still and he played well last year, so it's not really much more of a need than DT really.

Here is all I see (with 1st rounder) :

Dolphins won't take an ILB
Jags won't take an end
Falcons won't take a corner
Jets won't take a corner

this

diabsoule
03-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Why won't the Jags take an end? Kampmann upgrades LE for them and Morgan/JPP could be the RE that their looking for since neither Groves or Harvey are that impressive.

I still think it's up in the air what St. Louis is going to do. Right now, I still have Suh graded out much higher than Bradford and think he could do wonders for their defense. And why won't Detroit draft a DT? Just because they traded for one doesn't mean they wouldn't draft Suh or McCoy if either one of them fell into their laps. Sammie Lee Hill could become a rotational guy with Williams Suh/McCoy being the starters. That would be one hell of a rotation.
I still think Baltimore could very well take a WR, especially if it is BPA. Boldin is injured quite a bit and Stallworth has been out of football for a year and has extensive injury concerns. Tate, Benn, or Bryant (if he falls) are all legitimate targets for the Ravens. For me Golden Tate just seems ideal for Baltimore but that's just me.

The only positions I don't see is CB to the Falcons/Jets.

Babylon
03-07-2010, 01:57 PM
It hasnt happened yet but if Marshall were to go to Seattle for either of their 1st two picks it would change the board i think. I dont like the deal to tell the truth, i'd rather see them rebuild without giving up high draft picks.

In a roundabout way if they did get Marshall and then next year got Locker or Mallett (Locker preferably) then i'd be smiling again.

RealityCheck
03-07-2010, 02:11 PM
STL - Fred Robbins and Adam Carriker
DET - Corey Williams and Sammie Lee Hill

No need for a DT.

Babylon
03-07-2010, 04:28 PM

No need for a DT.

I wouldnt confuse quantity with quality.

As for the Rams situation i could easily see Suh and Carriker as 3-4 DEs, having said that i catch hell from St. Louis fans, how dare anyone suggest they mess with that juggernaut defense they have there.:confused:

RWills
03-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Atlanta is trading Chris Houston to Detroit for 6th rounder, Atlanta could still target CB with their first pick. I dont see Graham getting past them

diabsoule
03-08-2010, 08:00 AM
Atlanta is trading Chris Houston to Detroit for 6th rounder, Atlanta could still target CB with their first pick. I dont see Graham getting past them

Chris Houston was their dime back, if that. Atlanta now has Dunta Robinson, Brian Grimes, Tye Hill, Chevis Jackson, and Chris Owens. They do not need a first round corner if a CB at all.

Where Atlanta is at in the draft they will probably go after a DE like Eversen Griffen.

DiG
03-08-2010, 08:12 AM

No need for a DT.

isnt fred robbins going to be 33 and mediocre at best?

ThePudge
03-08-2010, 09:18 AM

No need for a DT.

Those are two subpar units. Still a chance each looks DT, especially Detroit. Can't pass on Suh because you have Sammie Lee Hill with the potential to develop into an average player.

SRogers92
03-08-2010, 09:35 AM

No need for a DT.

There is a huge need for a DT there ... Sammie Lee Hill is a 5th Round Pick who didn't really light the world on fire last year ... Schwartz loves him because he's huge 330+ and has great athleticism/strength ... but -- he's far from a finished product ...

Plus -- the Lions LOVE to rotate their DL and keep them fresh ... Suh + Willams + SLH(if he pans out) give the Lions a devastating DT combination which will push the pocket and help KVB, Hunter, and Avril at DE ... DT is far from being out of the equation at #2, infact - I'd be surprised if we passed on Suh ...

Prowler
03-08-2010, 09:36 AM
especially since schwartz wants an elite rotation at dt with alot of subbing. the odds to okung rose dramatically especially if detroit looks at dts in the 3rd round, but suh is still definitely in play.

SRogers92
03-08-2010, 09:41 AM
I still want Suh ... maybe it's the fact I want an elite defense, but Okung is definitely an option!

SeanTaylorRIP
03-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Although so far they have only reeled in Artis Hicks, the fact that the Skins tried really hard to get Clifton and Pashos and are still hunting furiously for O-lineman tells me that they aren't looking Okung but instead looking Claussen or possibly if Suh or McCoy makes it to 4 with an outside shot of Berry.

bigfreak314
03-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Dont rule out Detroit picking a DT, when Schwartz was in Tennessee they always kept a good rotation of DL to keep everyone fresh and at thier best. Somebody like Suh would definatly bolstered that rotation with Corey Williams, who played his best football in GB and they too had a good rotation at DT when he played there

RWills
03-08-2010, 02:03 PM
I have a feeling that if the Rams take Bradford you will see Snyder in all his glory get nervous from teams such as Seattle, Cleveland and Buffalo that he will trade with Detroit to select Clausen and then allow Detroit to select Okung.

DiG
03-08-2010, 02:06 PM
I have a feeling that if the Rams take Bradford you will see Snyder in all his glory get nervous from teams such as Seattle, Cleveland and Buffalo that he will trade with Detroit to select Clausen and then allow Detroit to select Okung.

Has FA so far not shown you enough that Allen and Shanahan are running the show in DC???

Shanahan, the Redskins' coach with the power, and Allen, the new general manager, worked on a long-term plan for the team in their first month on the job and gave it to Snyder just before the Super Bowl. "He said, 'Good. Do what you guys think is best,' '' Allen said Sunday.

And the plan really included keeping the checkbook in the pocket on the first weekend of free agency? Was Snyder apoplectic?

"No,'' Allen said. "He didn't throw anything at me. And he didn't throw a tantrum. He's fine with it.''

SeanTaylorRIP
03-08-2010, 02:09 PM
The fact that Peppers and Dansby didn't even visit Redskins park tells me that Snyder has no hand in this at all.

RWills
03-08-2010, 09:30 PM
But if Shanny falls in love with him he will go after Clausen.