PDA

View Full Version : Michael Smith's Suggestions for the Raiders

Shiver
03-14-2007, 03:23 PM
1. Trade Randy Moss for draft picks.

2. Trade 2nd and 4th for Matt Schaub. That would be a acceptable value to the Falcons. In an article with Pat Kirwan, here is what was in it;

The Falcons will not give the guy away, but after evaluating the 2007 prospects' performances, Schaub probably is no worse than third in this class, and for a few teams, he's probably second. As one personnel director with an interest in a quarterback said, "The Falcons know that Schaub's value is probably close to the 15th pick in the first round, but putting a deal together that works for all parties is the tricky part."

So Smith's purposed trade makes sense in terms of value. Yet the team would still have picks from the Moss trade.

3. Take Calvin Johnson with the 1st pick.

Thoughts?

QB - Matt Schaub
RB - Lamont Jordan / Dominic Rhodes
WR - Calvin Johnson / Jerry Porter / Ronald Curry

That's the look of a much better offense than last year. Especially if the O-Line plays better in their new roles. I personally think that would be great move for the team. A veteran QB, who knows your OC, with a trio of good receivers, a solid 1-2 RB tandem.

slightlyaraiderfan
03-14-2007, 03:58 PM
I'd do that, but it seems like that would make too much sense for the Raiders.

Edit: I would like to trade Moss for Rodgers or trade a pick for Carr...anything to see CJ in silver and black :D

Shiver
03-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Anything to keep Calvin Johnson out of pewter and red will make me happy.

RaiderNation
03-14-2007, 05:03 PM
i just want calvin in a raider jersey. if that means moss for rodgers id do it

bucksavage
03-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Not anymore after Russell reporting had the best workout ever according to Todd Mcshay

Komp
03-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Hmm...I dunno if I'd give up a 2nd and a 4th for Schaub....although if we get a 2nd for Moss it wouldn't be bad....

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-14-2007, 06:18 PM
I like the suggestions.

locseti
03-14-2007, 08:57 PM
too many things would have to go right and that isn't very likey with the Raiders. And like someone else mentioned, JaMarcus absolutely awed the scouts at his pro day and had dropped ten lbs since th ecombine. I think the 'laziness' knock is about to lose its validity.

Paranoidmoonduck
03-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Considering that he leaves a gaping hole at quarterback without addressing it whatsoever (he even left Rodgers out of the Green Bay deal), I don't like it.

I love the idea of getting Calvin Johnson, but am I far from sold on Schaub (especially at the price the Falcons are asking). Much rather give Carr a shot for something like a 3rd rounder or see Rodgers thrown into the Moss deal.

Shiver
03-15-2007, 02:38 PM
Never mind. Adam Schein of Fox Sports/NFL Radio, wrote that Bobby Petrino told him that there was no way the Falcons would allow Schaub to leave.

TheChampIsHere
03-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Schaub is overrated Id rather we just trade Randy for Rodgers

Kurve
03-15-2007, 05:57 PM
personally id rather get picks for moss then trade for any existing player unless he is a toprated player even though i rather get more youth to this team

Xonraider
03-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Never mind. Adam Schein of Fox Sports/NFL Radio, wrote that Bobby Petrino told him that there was no way the Falcons would allow Schaub to leave.

Doesnīt mean we canīt acquire a QB.

Shiver
03-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Doesnīt mean we canīt acquire a QB.

True, it's just doesn't sound like that would be Schaub. Unless Petrino has a change of heart.