PDA

View Full Version : 3 Round Mock draft completely uninhibited

Ozzy
03-08-2010, 10:09 AM
This is a mock draft I did without influence of outside sources ;) I have not looked at a single mock draft the entire year, and these are only players I have seen and watched. Because let us be honest, anyone can look at others work, change it a little and call it their own. So yeah probably a few errors and or reaches but this is how I think it might turn out come draft day.

Notes: The OLB position is trash overall, so teams better get them while they can. The TE position is extremely deep and teams will be able to get some very good RBs late in the draft because the TE and RB positions I do not see getting selected high in this draft. The top QBs are not worth a high draft selection and the defensive line has some real solid players and it is very deep at both positions.

1st
1)Rams: N. Suh DT Nebraska
2)Lions: E. Berry SS Tennessee
3)Bucs: G. McCoy DT Oklahoma
4)Redskins: J. Clausen QB Notre Dame
5)Chiefs: D. Bryant WR Oklahoma St
6)Seahawks: T. Mays SS USC
7)Browns: G. Tate WR Notre Dame
8)Raiders: R. Okung OT Oklahoma St.
9)Bills: S. Bradford QB Oklahoma
10)Jaguars: C. Dunlap DE Florida
11)Broncos: J. Haden CB Florida
12)Dolphins: E. Thomas SS Texas
13)49ers: J. Pierre-Paul OLB USF
14)Seahawks: B. Price DT UCLA
15)Giants: R. McClain ILB Alabama
16)Titans: D. Morgan DE Georgia Tech
17)49ers: M. Gilyard WR Cincinnati
18)Steelers: A. Davis OG Rutgers
19)Falcons: K. Wilson CB Boise State
20)Texans: A. Benn WR Illinois
21)Bengals: D. Warren CB Michigan
22)Patriots: S. Kindle OLB Texas
23)Packers: T. Wililams OT Oklahoma
24)Eagles: S. Weatherspoon OLB Missouri
25)Ravens: E. Griffen OLB USC
26)Cardinals: B. Campbell OT Maryland
27)Cowboys: M. Pouncey OG Florida
28)Chargers: C. Spiller RB Clemson
29)Jets: B. Graham OLB/DE Michigan
30)Vikings: C. Jones FS LSU
31)Colts: L. Houston DT Texas
32)Saints: D. Washington OLB TCU

2nd
33)Rams: J. Snead QB Ole Miss
34)Lions: R. Gronkowski TE Arizona
35)Bucs: D. Williams WR USC
36)Chiefs: P. Robinson CB FSU
37)Redskins: R. Matthews RB Fresno State
38)Browns: J. Arenas CB Alabama
39)Raiders: N. Bowman OLB Penn State
40)Seahawks: T. Pike QB Cincinnati
41)Bills: Bulaga OT Iowa
42)Bucs: T. Gibson DE Ohio State
43)Dolphins: M. Iupati OG Idaho
44)Patriots: R. Jones SS Georgia
45)Broncos: K. Jackson CB Alabama
46)Giants: A. Hernandez TE Florida
47)Patriots: J. Gresham TE Oklahoma
48)Panthers: E. Decker WR Minnesota
49)49ers: S. Thompson CB Cal
50)Chiefs: M. Wright FS Florida
51)Texans: T. Ward SS Oregon
52)Steelers: K. Chancellor SS Virginia Tech
53)Patriots: T. Alualu DE Cal
54)Bengals: D. Thomas WR Georgia Tech
55)Eagles: T. Larsen C NC State
56)Packers: T. Gerhart RB Stanford
57)Ravens: D. Franks CB Oklahoma
58)Cardinals: D. Pitta TE BYU
59)Cowboys: J. Odrick DE Penn State
60)Chargers: C. Black OT LSU
61)Jets: J. Best RB Cal
62)Vikings: J. McKnight RB USC
63)Colts: B. Carter OG Texas Tech
64)Saints: S. Capers OT West Virginia

3rd
65)Rams. D. Briscoe WR Kansas
66)Lions: J. Dwyer RB Georgia Tech
67)Bucs: J. Hughes DE TCU
68)Redskins: C. Brown OT USC
69)Chiefs: B. Spikes ILB Florida
70)Raiders: D. Dickerson TE Pitt
71)Eagles: M. Sheppard DT Arkansas
72)Browns: E. Norwood OLB South Carolina
73)Bills. K. Clayton OLB Oklahoma
74)Dolphins. T. Cody NT Alabama
75)Jaguars: J. Starks RB Buffalo
76)Bears: B. LaFell WR LSU
77)Giants: M. Hardesty RB Tennessee
78)Titans: D. McCourty CB Rutgers
79)Panthers: B. Robinson DT Wake Forest
80)49ers. M. Johnson OG Alahama
81)Broncos. R. Gunnell WR Boston College
82)Texans. J. Fox OT Miami FL
83)Steelers. J. Murphy CB USF
84)Falcons. R. Johnson FS Utah
85)Bengals. C. Wootton DE Northwestern
86)Raiders. T. Lindley CB Kentucky
87)Packers. W. Thurmond CB Oregon
88)Eagles: B. Tate RB Auburn
89)Ravens. F. Barnes WR Bowling Green
90)Cardinals: R. Curran OLB Georgia
91)Cowboys: J. Shipley WR Texas
92)Chargers: M. Rolle SS FSU
93)Browns: A. McCoy TE USC
94)Vikings: D. LeFevour QB C. Michigan
95)Colts: G. Hardy DE Ole Miss
96)Saints: G. Selvie DE USF

DiG
03-08-2010, 10:15 AM
first off, charles brown isnt dropping to the 3rd round. secondly, the skins dont have a 3rd round pick even if he did. 2 rounds without OL = fail. with the way fa is shaping up, the skins gotta go OT in the first or second round. preferably in the first instead of clausen. even if the skins did go qb in the first i think it would be bradford over clausen although neither are ideal by any means.

Ozzy
03-08-2010, 10:21 AM
first off, charles brown isnt dropping to the 3rd round. secondly, the skins dont have a 3rd round pick even if he did. 2 rounds without OL = fail. with the way fa is shaping up, the skins gotta go OT in the first or second round. preferably in the first instead of clausen. even if the skins did go qb in the first i think it would be bradford over clausen although neither are ideal by any means.Well I guess The Huddle Report has a mock draft order that is not up to date.

As for the Skins going QB, yeah sadly for them the selection is weak as can be. Bradford is a possibility but I really think that injury of his will come back and limit his career greatly, and I never liked him much in college anyway. At least Clausen has faced some trouble, got hit, got back up and throws an ok deep ball, but his bloodline is awful with Casey Clausen being his brother, I hated him as a QB at Tennessee.

Skins have some tough calls, really they should not even go with a QB but how can you not. Should trade down. Smart thing would be go Okung or Haden maybe, yeah sure ran a bad 40 but they need some good young corners, they could go Mays as well but doubt they do that one.

YotoJets007
03-08-2010, 10:26 AM
I am mixed on Graham pick but that pick could send Thomas and Gholston a warning message. Best pick is not great. Undersized with serious head injury for the offense that will continue plowing down the field is not recommended.

YotoJets007
03-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Well I guess The Huddle Report has a mock draft order that is not up to date.

As for the Skins going QB, yeah sadly for them the selection is weak as can be. Bradford is a possibility but I really think that injury of his will come back and limit his career greatly, and I never liked him much in college anyway. At least Clausen has faced some trouble, got hit, got back up and throws an ok deep ball, but his bloodline is awful with Casey Clausen being his brother, I hated him as a QB at Tennessee.

Skins have some tough calls, really they should not even go with a QB but how can you not. Should trade down. Smart thing would be go Okung or Haden maybe, yeah sure ran a bad 40 but they need some good young corners, they could go Mays as well but doubt they do that one.

wiki has latest update on draft order. Walterfootball, too, if you want to copy and paste.

derza222
03-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Is the assumption with Best to the Jets that Leon Washington will be gone or that the value is just too good to pass up? Either way I like the value at both spots even though they aren't the biggest of needs, though both could definitely be addressed.

Poz51
03-08-2010, 10:43 AM
2nd
41)Bills: Bulaga OT Iowa
3rd

First round, is decent, although I am not sure Bradford has the arm Gailey and company are looking for, and I highly doubt he makes it past Seatlle or even Cleveland in the top 7 picks if not #1. I cant see how Bulaga drops to the second, sooooo... Great for Buffalo if he does, Bradford and Bulaga would be great if it happened as a combination. Clayton is a solid player, who I thought regressed a little last season, and I am not sure if he fits the 3-4 defense at all, regardless Cody makes much more sense at that point in the third, although I am fairly sure that he like Bradford and Bulaga will not be there at that point in the draft... If the Bills came out of the first three rounds with Bradford, Bulaga, and Cody I would put there draft at legendary status :D

AkiliSmith
03-08-2010, 10:59 AM
1st and 3rd picks for the Bengals are absolutely atrocious. Warren is a HUGE reach with the 21st pick and Wootton doesn't fit the defense. Neither fill any sort of need whatsoever. Thomas is an excellent pick though.

The whole draft looks pretty effed up with extreme reaches, players dropping that shouldn't and players getting picked that aren't team needs.

marshallb
03-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Overall, I'd be ok with that Vikings mock. Good 1st rounder, and I'd be ok with LeFevour in the 3rd, but I do not like McKnight in the 2nd. I think he's a 3rd-4th rounder, and isn't a good enough pass blocker for us.

Grizzlegom
03-08-2010, 11:01 AM
first two dolphins picks are pretty bad as S won't be a need once we lock up Ryan Clark and LG isn't even a depth need. I'd love cody in the third though.

killxswitch
03-08-2010, 11:01 AM
`Houston in the 1st seems like a bit of a reach but Carter in the 2nd is ok and Hardy in the 3rd is sweet.

noondog
03-08-2010, 11:12 AM
The Lions took a TE in the 1st round last year (Pettigrew). Why would they take another in the 2nd this year?

Hines
03-08-2010, 11:15 AM
The first pick is cool, although I perfer Weatherspoon. I understand why you chose Davis because he's a potential stud at LT for the next decade and the Steelers need a LT.

The second pick is ew. Give us Odrick or Best.

Third pick is good.

Ozzy
03-08-2010, 11:18 AM
killxswitch `Houston in the 1st seems like a bit of a reach but Carter in the 2nd is ok and Hardy in the 3rd is sweet.Really, I think that kid should be a 1st round pick, a classic small DT with great ability and could easily play DE in a 3/4, what makes he so much different than let us say Okoye on the Texans? Sure his first few years were not great but this year he was flat out great and is worth a 1st round pick I think.

Grizzlegom first two dolphins picks are pretty bad as S won't be a need once we lock up Ryan Clark and LG isn't even a depth need. I'd love cody in the third thoughGood point, and that is true it is a hard call for the Dolphins but for whatever reason I have never really liked those safeties they have, and I think Earl Thomas is worth a pick that high because he is a great prospect.

AkiliSmith 1st and 3rd picks for the Bengals are absolutely atrocious. Warren is a HUGE reach with the 21st pick and Wootton doesn't fit the defense. Neither fill any sort of need whatsoever. Thomas is an excellent pick though.
A guy named Akili Smith says the draft is full of reaches ;o) Bengals I think could use Warren and considering his potential he is not a reach. What K. Jackson, P. Robinson or J. Arenas are better at that spot? Yes potentially that is true, but Jackson is a little soft at times, Robinson might have maxed on in terms of his ability and Arenas is small, but yes they could go with another corner that is true.

marshallb Overall, I'd be ok with that Vikings mock. Good 1st rounder, and I'd be ok with LeFevour in the 3rd, but I do not like McKnight in the 2nd. I think he's a 3rd-4th rounder, and isn't a good enough pass blocker for us.I am just thinking in terms of a pass catching RB but yes as a blocker that is a big no, then again not many of these backs are that good of blockers anyway, think his big play ability would be nice to have, good change of pace back potentially and really a steal in a way if he develops correctly.

FrankGore
03-08-2010, 11:21 AM
That is a really ugly draft for the 49ers. I can buy JPP at #13, but Gilyard at #17?? Aside from being a reach, the Niners would rather take Kyle Wilson, Trent Williams, Anthony Davis or even CJ Spiller. In round 2, you gave them a corner that goes 100% against their philosophy for DBs as Thompson is pretty much the smallest one available. I suppose Johnson in round 3 is an OK pick, but the most desperate need is at tackle, not guard.

No hard feelings of course, just constructive criticism.

Ozzy
03-08-2010, 11:22 AM
HinesWardJr The first pick is cool, although I perfer Weatherspoon. I understand why you chose Davis because he's a potential stud at LT for the next decade and the Steelers need a LT.Really? Steelers have a lot of good linebackers in my opinion, and offensive line is such a huge need for them, especially with Big Ben getting killed back there at times. I would be shocked if they did not take a OL in the first.

derza222 Is the assumption with Best to the Jets that Leon Washington will be gone or that the value is just too good to pass up? Either way I like the value at both spots even though they aren't the biggest of needs, though both could definitely be addressed.The reality that Thomas Jones is gone I guess I jump to a RB need, yes they have Washington and Greene but they could use another one just for safety and Best is a steal at that spot because really he is much better than a 2nd round talent, kind of like McCoy last year later round guy and he is a 1st round talent but in the NFL today, you do not pick RBs that high because supposedly they do not win games, and in a way that is kind of true. Still can get some fine players later because of that though.

gdamac
03-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Great Raider pick in the 1st, would rather go OL again in the 2nd and Cody in the 3rd

Bengals78
03-08-2010, 11:23 AM
1st and 3rd picks for the Bengals are absolutely atrocious. Warren is a HUGE reach with the 21st pick and Wootton doesn't fit the defense. Neither fill any sort of need whatsoever. Thomas is an excellent pick though.

The whole draft looks pretty effed up with extreme reaches, players dropping that shouldn't and players getting picked that aren't team needs.

Words cannot express how bad that first round pick is....actually Akili did a pretty good job of it.

Ozzy
03-08-2010, 11:25 AM
FrankGore That is a really ugly draft for the 49ers. I can buy JPP at #13, but Gilyard at #17?? Aside from being a reach, the Niners would rather take Kyle Wilson, Trent Williams, Anthony Davis or even CJ Spiller. In round 2, you gave them a corner that goes 100% against their philosophy for DBs as Thompson is pretty much the smallest one available. I suppose Johnson in round 3 is an OK pick, but the most desperate need is at tackle, not guard.Probably true, K. Wilson would be a good pickup at that point. Not sure why so many people do not like Gilyard though, sure he did not run as fast of a 40 as he should have, but the kid was a game breaker, fine return man, made big plays and last time I checked the 49ers had a receiver issue in terms of players making plays with the ball. Crabtree can do not all the work can he? Unless one thinks Bruce can even play anymore or that Jason Hill is a baller which he could be but just looking at the core I think they need a smaller quick guy to make some plays and stretch the field.

Hines
03-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Really? Steelers have a lot of good linebackers in my opinion, and offensive line is such a huge need for them, especially with Big Ben getting killed back there at times. I would be shocked if they did not take a OL in the first.

The reality that Thomas Jones is gone I guess I jump to a RB need, yes they have Washington and Greene but they could use another one just for safety and Best is a steal at that spot because really he is much better than a 2nd round talent, kind of like McCoy last year later round guy and he is a 1st round talent but in the NFL today, you do not pick RBs that high because supposedly they do not win games, and in a way that is kind of true. Still can get some fine players later because of that though.

I agree OL is a big need, but the Steelers have ZERO depth at LB. Farrior is 35 and slowing down rapidly. We need fresh legs and a leader, something that Weatherspoon is.

Ozzy
03-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Words cannot express how bad that first round pick is....actually Akili did a pretty good job of it.Not D. Warren fans huh, that is ok, he has been for quite some time one of the most potentially talented and gifted corners in college football. Must be getting sick of the Michigan guys though with Hall and Trent ;o)

Guess they could go with DT and take Houston or Odrick or even better of OL and get Pouncey, M. Iupati, B. Campbell or T. Williams.

So yeah I hear ya, they could go a few different ways and I guess Joseph and Hall are ok corners.

Hines
03-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Not D. Warren fans huh, that is ok, he has been for quite some time one of the most potentially talented and gifted corners in college football. Must be getting sick of the Michigan guys though with Hall and Trent ;o)

Guess they could go with DT and take Houston or Odrick or even better of OL and get Pouncey, M. Iupati, B. Campbell or T. Williams.

So yeah I hear ya, they could go a few different ways and I guess Joseph and Hall are ok corners.

It's not that they're not fans, it's just they invested first round picks in corners over the past few years, plus have good nickle guys.

AkiliSmith
03-08-2010, 11:32 AM
A guy named Akili Smith says the draft is full of reaches ;o) Bengals I think could use Warren and considering his potential he is not a reach. What K. Jackson, P. Robinson or J. Arenas are better at that spot? Yes potentially that is true, but Jackson is a little soft at times, Robinson might have maxed on in terms of his ability and Arenas is small, but yes they could go with another corner that is true.

They have one of the best corner duos in the NFL with Hall and Joseph. Why the **** would they take another one?????? WR, LG, RG, FS, SS, SLB, UT, TE and K are all much bigger needs. So a huge reach to a pick that is not a need = God awful pick.

Bengals78
03-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Not D. Warren fans huh, that is ok, he has been for quite some time one of the most potentially talented and gifted corners in college football. Must be getting sick of the Michigan guys though with Hall and Trent ;o)

If we had a need at CB I wouldnt mind it but considering we have 2 first round picks coming off career years at CB, not an issue.

Ozzy
03-08-2010, 11:36 AM
HinesWardJr I agree OL is a big need, but the Steelers have ZERO depth at LB. Farrior is 35 and slowing down rapidly. We need fresh legs and a leader, something that Weatherspoon is.

True but you could get any of these guys later and they could fit well potentially. Can get some real steals and by late I mean 4th through 7th for most, but depends on how much you like them or not.

Inside LB
Brandon Spikes Florida
Joe Pawelek Baylor
Darryl Sharpton Miami FL*
Sean Lee Penn State
Nathan Triplett Minnesota*
Adam Dunn Pitt*
Pat Angerer Iowa*
Mike McLaughlin Boston College
Micah Johnson Kentucky*
Lee Campbell Minnesota*
Ryan Reynolds Oklahoma

Or combo OLB or ILB
Stevenson Sylvester Utah
Rico McCoy Tennessee
Phillip Dillard Nebraska*
Eric Norwood South Carolina
Damaso Munoz Rutgers*
Cory Reamer Alabama*
Simoni Lawrence Minnesota
AJ Edds Iowa
Ryan Stamper Florida
Dekoda Watson Florida State
Andre Sexton Oklahoma St.

vidae
03-08-2010, 12:08 PM
If I'm being honest with you, that KC draft is subpar at best.

One of our biggest needs is OL help, and we pass on Bulaga and Iupati? No way that happens.

Unbiased
03-08-2010, 12:30 PM
That's a really bad Jaguars draft.

Huge reach for Dunlap at 10 and Gene Smith is a high-character guy.

James Starks is a huge reach in the third and there is no need for a running back.

Ozzy
03-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Unbiased That's a really bad Jaguars draft.

Huge reach for Dunlap at 10 and Gene Smith is a high-character guy.

James Starks is a huge reach in the third and there is no need for a running back.Character is an issue, but that kid is huge and very talented and they need some help on that DL, that is for sure. As for the running back, no need, is that a joke? Without Fred Taylor that team was awful! They must have another running back because that is when they are at their best, running the ball and using play action. I feel another running back is a huge need for them and I bet they use a draft pick to get a back unless they get one in free agency.

Ozzy
03-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Unbiased That's a really bad Jaguars draft.

Huge reach for Dunlap at 10 and Gene Smith is a high-character guy.See told you they needed some DL help, but yes I guess they just signed Kampman, so yes lucky for you, no way they get Dunlap now that high with signing Kampman. Not sure where they go with this pick now.

FrankGore
03-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Probably true, K. Wilson would be a good pickup at that point. Not sure why so many people do not like Gilyard though, sure he did not run as fast of a 40 as he should have, but the kid was a game breaker, fine return man, made big plays and last time I checked the 49ers had a receiver issue in terms of players making plays with the ball. Crabtree can do not all the work can he? Unless one thinks Bruce can even play anymore or that Jason Hill is a baller which he could be but just looking at the core I think they need a smaller quick guy to make some plays and stretch the field.

There are plenty of those types of guys later on if they really want one. The value of Gilyard at #17 versus those other guys is just awful...

Ozzy
03-08-2010, 01:49 PM
There are plenty of those types of guys later on if they really want one. The value of Gilyard at #17 versus those other guys is just awful...Ever hear his story?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/paul_daugherty/12/02/mardy-gilyard/index.html

I want a guy like that on my football team.

Pat Sims 90
03-08-2010, 01:55 PM

I agree with this man here

proshoota25
03-08-2010, 02:17 PM
love the kindle pick. Safety is a not close to a need for the patriots. They have meriweather, chung (who they drafted at the top of round 2 last year), along with solid veterans in james sanders and brandon mcgowan, who played very well last year

Ozzy
03-08-2010, 02:23 PM
love the kindle pick. Safety is a not close to a need for the patriots. They have meriweather, chung (who they drafted at the top of round 2 last year), along with solid veterans in james sanders and brandon mcgowan, who played very well last yearMaybe, however Meriweather each year is turning out to be very overrated, not a very talented safety by any means. Chung is a solid player but showed slim to nothing last year, James Sanders has never been a good pro player in terms of being a star, he is just a backup and McGowan is ok. I still believe they need elite safety play for that defense to be good and have not had that for quite some time now. Sure if Meriweather was good they would be fine but sad thing is, he is not that good I feel.

zachsaints52
03-08-2010, 02:38 PM

Really not liking this draft at all. First pick makes sense atleast, but I see this as a reach and this is hoping he plays OLB, but Odrick is there who falls near our 2nd round pick. So give us Odrick with that pick.

2ns rounder makes no sense at all, considering we have 4 OT's (Brown, Bushrod, Stinchcomb, Strief) and we practically one team will jump at the 2nd rounder on Bushrod, so we have less. With that pick, Id love Norwood.

3rd rounder is the most likely, but I don't remember seeing Alex Carrington, who I think would be just as good as Selvie, with more upside.

So me going off your picks:
1. Odrick (Because everyone else is gone)
2. Norwood (He is a flat out playmaker and with out always attacking it will be good)
3. Carrington (Big solid DE who can develop into a monster.)

prock
03-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Solid Vikes draft. Rest of it kinda sucked.

Unbiased
03-08-2010, 05:01 PM
See told you they needed some DL help, but yes I guess they just signed Kampman, so yes lucky for you, no way they get Dunlap now that high with signing Kampman. Not sure where they go with this pick now.

I definitely posted that after they signed Kampan. The point is Dunlap would never happen anyway because of his awful character.

And no RB is not a need. This is MJD's team and we drafted his backup last year.

jCut
03-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Head-scratcher for Denver.. We definitely don't need two CBs. And I've never even heard of Gunnell.

The way you have the draft shaking out, I'd go McClain/Cody/Walton.

twizbuck
03-08-2010, 07:08 PM
I know it's been beaten to death, but that is one of the worst possible picks the Bengals could make in the first round. Terrible. TERRIBLE!

Second and third are fine.

TERRIBLE first rounder.

TERRIBLE!!!

akvikefan89
03-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Bulaga in the second round. lolz.

TonyGfortheTD
03-08-2010, 08:47 PM
If I'm being honest with you, that KC draft is subpar at best.

One of our biggest needs is OL help, and we pass on Bulaga and Iupati? No way that happens.

You're being a little kind here lol

Matthew Jones
03-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Safety is the least-needed position for the Patriots, so the first second-round pick is terrible. They have Brandon Meriweather who played extremely well last year and made the Pro Bowl, and their highest draft pick last year was Patrick Chung. They also signed Sanders to a three-year deal last year, and they've got McGowan too. All the players were on board to make that the ideal Pats mock; something like Kindle - Best - Gresham - Spikes would be absolutely insane. I definitely liked the Kindle and Gresham picks though.

Matthew Jones
03-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Maybe, however Meriweather each year is turning out to be very overrated, not a very talented safety by any means. Chung is a solid player but showed slim to nothing last year, James Sanders has never been a good pro player in terms of being a star, he is just a backup and McGowan is ok. I still believe they need elite safety play for that defense to be good and have not had that for quite some time now. Sure if Meriweather was good they would be fine but sad thing is, he is not that good I feel.

I just saw someone else mentioned the Patriots not needing a safety - you must be crazy if you don't think Meriweather is a beast there. Like I said, he was a well-deserved Pro Bowl selection and on Pro Football Focus even ranks as the #6 or 7 safety in the league last year. They're definitely not going to give up on Chung after one year. Safety is the least-needed position on the entire roster with only the possible exception of quarterback.

Ozzy
03-08-2010, 09:42 PM
akvikefan89 Bulaga in the second round. lolz.
Unlike most, I did not look at others mock drafts, and Bulaga at times looked a little more than just average, there were points I was more impressed with freshman OL Riley Reiff on Iowa. But yes potentially and in terms of a name player he will probably be a 1st round pick but the only elite OT in this draft in my opinion is Okung, none of those other guys are elite talents I feel at the offensive tackle position and most likely there will be a few busts in there as well.

RavenOfProphecy I just saw someone else mentioned the Patriots not needing a safety - you must be crazy if you don't think Meriweather is a beast there. Like I said, he was a well-deserved Pro Bowl selection and on Pro Football Focus even ranks as the #6 or 7 safety in the league last year. They're definitely not going to give up on Chung after one year. Safety is the least-needed position on the entire roster with only the possible exception of quarterback.Then could you explain to me how that defense is flat out awful? Crap linebacker play? Yes, decreased defensive line play at the DE position, yes, suspect corners, yes but I feel ever since Harrison is gone the entire back bone of that defense is gone. Merweather made the pro bowl? Well maybe it is just me but I am not impressed with the guy, and based on how many good players skip or pretend to be injuring in the pro bowl, making it is not as important as it used to me it seems as well.

Will see what happens, and I have a thing that anyone not up to the level of a Sean Taylor is a junk safety, but then again safeties do not win Super Bowls, so yeah I might be overly safety critical.

Ozzy
03-08-2010, 09:46 PM
zachsaints52
Really not liking this draft at all. First pick makes sense atleast, but I see this as a reach and this is hoping he plays OLB, but Odrick is there who falls near our 2nd round pick. So give us Odrick with that pick.

2ns rounder makes no sense at all, considering we have 4 OT's (Brown, Bushrod, Stinchcomb, Strief) and we practically one team will jump at the 2nd rounder on Bushrod, so we have less. With that pick, Id love Norwood.

3rd rounder is the most likely, but I don't remember seeing Alex Carrington, who I think would be just as good as Selvie, with more upside.

So me going off your picks:
1. Odrick (Because everyone else is gone)
2. Norwood (He is a flat out playmaker and with out always attacking it will be good)
3. Carrington (Big solid DE who can develop into a monster.)I have never seen Carrington play so I have no idea about his ability, so I cannot speak on him. Bushrod you guys are sold on him, at times he looked pretty suspect out there, a little slow on his feet. Strief I like however and yes I guess Brown is a star for you that is for sure. Guess it depends again on how much you like Bushrod, I am not a huge fan, but guess he is a big kid you can develop. I was thinking a developmental lineman but yes if Bushrod is that for them they will go another way.

summond822
03-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Mays is not worth a top 10 pick. Plus you have us passing on our two biggest positions of need in LT & QB. If Bradford or Okung is there, I don't see Seattle passing on both of them. In this case, they'd probably take Okung. His game film shows that he lacks the instincts that you see in Eric Berry or Earl Thomas

Tate is not a Top 10 pick. He's lower half of first round at best.

No to Price. Give us Anthony Davis or Bulaga there.

Snead shouldn't go in the first three rounds of this draft, and he may not go until round 5.

Pike like Snead does not belong this high. In your draft the pick would be Bulaga.

Diehard
03-09-2010, 12:45 AM

Way too focused on the outside play... the real weaknesses on this team are the interior on both sides of the ball.

Haden is a okay pick but then Jackson is total overkill in round 2. Round 3 is awfully high for Gunnell... even if you really like him as a prospect (which you clearly do), you must admit he's barely a blip on the radar screen at this point and would most likely be available a number of rounds later.

thebow305
03-09-2010, 12:46 AM
Demaryius Thomas in the 2nd, and that would be an awesome Phins draft!

Ozzy
03-09-2010, 07:02 AM
Mays is not worth a top 10 pick. Plus you have us passing on our two biggest positions of need in LT & QB. If Bradford or Okung is there, I don't see Seattle passing on both of them. In this case, they'd probably take Okung. His game film shows that he lacks the instincts that you see in Eric Berry or Earl Thomas

Quote:
Tate is not a Top 10 pick. He's lower half of first round at best.

Quote:
No to Price. Give us Anthony Davis or Bulaga there.

Quote:
Snead shouldn't go in the first three rounds of this draft, and he may not go until round 5.

Quote:
Pike like Snead does not belong this high. In your draft the pick would be Bulaga.
I guess I like Pike and Snead more than most, Pike is a very gifted passer, not much to look at but he is tall and can really throw the football quite well. Injury issues and durability are his only concerns, and overall team leadership, but throwing the ball he can do that. As for Snead, sure he had a bad year but I had him as the best quarterback in his class before this season, now he is dropped a little but I still really like his arm, ball skills and overall skill set. Will he be picked that high, probably not but I think he has potential to turn out just as good as Clausen or Bradford down the way.

As for Mays, well depends on if you like the Seahawks safety or not, and Pete knows him better than anyone else, and I doubt he has such a negative opinion of him. Mays did a lot of stuff for that defense and if he is around with their first or second 1st rounder I would be surprised if he did not take him. But yes Okung would really work, Bradford but only if he dropped.

A lot of people do not like Golden Tate, what because most mocks have him low and he has a high body fat %? If you watch the games he is a flat out baller and has been one for quite some time. So you saying Tate is being made to look good by Jimmy Clausen? Or Floyd for that matter, I think it is the other way around. The kid can get deep, break tackles, sure he is built like a running back but so what, he is strong and can make big plays and has wonderful hands. Sure he might drop but he is worth that high of a pick because he will be a productive pro. He was easily one of the top three receivers in college last year and has been that good for a few years now, so it is not just a one year wonder. And this year is weak with receivers so get them while you can, if he runs a fast 40 on his pro day he will be fine.

Ozzy
03-09-2010, 07:03 AM
Way too focused on the outside play... the real weaknesses on this team are the interior on both sides of the ball.That is true, two corners is probably a little much.

Rosebud
03-09-2010, 08:14 AM
So why the **** are the giants ignoring DT and drafting a second round TE to sit behind Beckum for the backup TE spot?

STsACE
03-09-2010, 09:30 AM
1st
7)Browns: G. Tate WR Notre Dame- Tate is a reach at this spot. Especially considering our needs and what is left on the board. If we are targeting Tate, we could easily move down 12-15 and grab him there. Safety and CB are our 2 biggest needs, hands down. I think we ultimately end up losing D'Q to RFA, so McClain would also make a good choice. Holmgren also likes QBs, so.....

2nd
38)Browns: J. Arenas CB Alabama - I'm not getting this pick. Arenas in undersized and slow. He is fiesty, I'll give him that and that is needed in our division. But with our only good safety being slow as it is, we need a faster CB here with more size. Arenas would make a good choice if we go S in the first, but he should be around in the 3rd. All players listed below would fill bigger ugrades for our positions of need while not reaching for need.

41)Bills: Bulaga OT Iowa - I feel he'll develop Gallery syndrome and would be better suited to move inside or to RT
47)Patriots: J. Gresham TE Oklahoma - Would make a great choice if we go Bradford in 1st
59)Cowboys: J. Odrick DE Penn State - Our DEs are our oldest players and we need youth to groom for future. I also believe he'd see significant playing time throughout the year and possibly push to be a starter by mid-season

3rd
72)Browns: E. Norwood OLB South Carolina - This pick doesn't make sense with what we currently have on our outside. Norwood would make a good pickup if we lose Roth in RFA. Other players listed below would make better choices considering needs

92)Chargers: M. Rolle SS FSU

93)Browns: A. McCoy TE USC - Only pick that really fills a need and would also be considered very good value at this point. But with Gresham available at our 2nd round pick, McCoy is not needed. We'd be better off packaging some picks and moving up about 10 spots and grabbing one of the other 5 players listed above.

Not really sure on what to think of this mock.

Ozzy
03-09-2010, 10:04 AM
STsACE I'm not getting this pick. Arenas in undersized and slow. He is fiesty, I'll give him that and that is needed in our division. But with our only good safety being slow as it is, we need a faster CB here with more size. Arenas would make a good choice if we go S in the first, but he should be around in the 3rd. All players listed below would fill bigger ugrades for our positions of need while not reaching for need.
Well you got that right, he is fiesty, but I would not call him slow. He did not have that bad of a 40 time. I love his return ability and that shows off his quickness and again like you said he is fiesty and tough and I love that about him. I do not think that is a stretch at all having him in the 2nd, hell I would take him late 1st.

Abaddon
03-09-2010, 08:34 PM
1st
1)Rams: N. Suh DT Nebraska
2)Lions: E. Berry SS Tennessee :eek:
3)Bucs: G. McCoy DT Oklahoma
4)Redskins: J. Clausen QB Notre Dame
5)Chiefs: D. Bryant WR Oklahoma St
6)Seahawks: T. Mays SS USC :eek:
7)Browns: G. Tate WR Notre Dame :eek: :eek: :eek:
8)Raiders: R. Okung OT Oklahoma St. Ha! I wish.
10)Jaguars: C. Dunlap DE Florida About a round too high.
13)49ers: J. Pierre-Paul OLB USF
16)Titans: D. Morgan DE Georgia Tech
17)49ers: M. Gilyard WR Cincinnati :confused:
18)Steelers: A. Davis OG Rutgers
19)Falcons: K. Wilson CB Boise State Dunta?
20)Texans: A. Benn WR Illinois
21)Bengals: D. Warren CB Michigan
22)Patriots: S. Kindle OLB Texas
23)Packers: T. Wililams OT Oklahoma
24)Eagles: S. Weatherspoon OLB Missouri
25)Ravens: E. Griffen OLB USC
26)Cardinals: B. Campbell OT Maryland
27)Cowboys: M. Pouncey OG Florida
28)Chargers: C. Spiller RB Clemson
29)Jets: B. Graham OLB/DE Michigan
30)Vikings: C. Jones FS LSU
31)Colts: L. Houston DT Texas

2nd
33)Rams: J. Snead QB Ole Miss About 3-4 rounds too high.
34)Lions: R. Gronkowski TE Arizona
35)Bucs: D. Williams WR USC
36)Chiefs: P. Robinson CB FSU
37)Redskins: R. Matthews RB Fresno State
38)Browns: J. Arenas CB Alabama
39)Raiders: N. Bowman OLB Penn State
41)Bills: Bulaga OT Iowa If he falls this far, Oakland should take him along with Okung.
42)Bucs: T. Gibson DE Ohio State
46)Giants: A. Hernandez TE Florida
47)Patriots: J. Gresham TE Oklahoma
48)Panthers: E. Decker WR Minnesota
49)49ers: S. Thompson CB Cal
50)Chiefs: M. Wright FS Florida
51)Texans: T. Ward SS Oregon
52)Steelers: K. Chancellor SS Virginia Tech
53)Patriots: T. Alualu DE Cal
54)Bengals: D. Thomas WR Georgia Tech
55)Eagles: T. Larsen C NC State
56)Packers: T. Gerhart RB Stanford
57)Ravens: D. Franks CB Oklahoma
58)Cardinals: D. Pitta TE BYU
59)Cowboys: J. Odrick DE Penn State
60)Chargers: C. Black OT LSU
61)Jets: J. Best RB Cal
62)Vikings: J. McKnight RB USC
63)Colts: B. Carter OG Texas Tech :eek:

3rd
65)Rams. D. Briscoe WR Kansas
66)Lions: J. Dwyer RB Georgia Tech
67)Bucs: J. Hughes DE TCU
68)Redskins: C. Brown OT USC
69)Chiefs: B. Spikes ILB Florida
70)Raiders: D. Dickerson TE Pitt :eek:
71)Eagles: M. Sheppard DT Arkansas
72)Browns: E. Norwood OLB South Carolina
75)Jaguars: J. Starks RB Buffalo
76)Bears: B. LaFell WR LSU
77)Giants: M. Hardesty RB Tennessee
78)Titans: D. McCourty CB Rutgers
79)Panthers: B. Robinson DT Wake Forest
82)Texans. J. Fox OT Miami FL
83)Steelers. J. Murphy CB USF
84)Falcons. R. Johnson FS Utah
86)Raiders. T. Lindley CB Kentucky
87)Packers. W. Thurmond CB Oregon
90)Cardinals: R. Curran OLB Georgia
91)Cowboys: J. Shipley WR Texas
92)Chargers: M. Rolle SS FSU A couple rounds too early at least.
93)Browns: A. McCoy TE USC
94)Vikings: D. LeFevour QB C. Michigan
95)Colts: G. Hardy DE Ole Miss

A whole lotta :eek: and :confused: in this one.

twizbuck
03-09-2010, 09:07 PM
A whole lotta :eek: and :confused: in this one.

You forgot to bold the Bengals first pick.

BaLLiN
03-09-2010, 09:18 PM
we drafted travis beckum last year no TE's for the gmen unless its late

Ozzy
03-09-2010, 09:41 PM
I will admit I has a few mistakes on the team needs, and not it is not up to the second in terms of free agency. Which in reality is part of the problem, one change, one free agent and everything changes, one pick can change it all.

Sorry but had some college football games to watch on Sundays I guess ;)

BaLLiN72 we drafted travis beckum last year no TE's for the gmen unless its lateTrue however how long did they sign Boss for? And you really think a weak blocking tight end like Beckum will be around that long in New York? Last time I checked they are a running football team correct? Bear Pascoe might be that for them however, so hold onto him.

summond822
03-09-2010, 11:06 PM
As for Mays, well depends on if you like the Seahawks safety or not, and Pete knows him better than anyone else, and I doubt he has such a negative opinion of him. Mays did a lot of stuff for that defense and if he is around with their first or second 1st rounder I would be surprised if he did not take him. But yes Okung would really work, Bradford but only if he dropped.

A lot of people do not like Golden Tate, what because most mocks have him low and he has a high body fat %? If you watch the games he is a flat out baller and has been one for quite some time. So you saying Tate is being made to look good by Jimmy Clausen? Or Floyd for that matter, I think it is the other way around. The kid can get deep, break tackles, sure he is built like a running back but so what, he is strong and can make big plays and has wonderful hands. Sure he might drop but he is worth that high of a pick because he will be a productive pro. He was easily one of the top three receivers in college last year and has been that good for a few years now, so it is not just a one year wonder. And this year is weak with receivers so get them while you can, if he runs a fast 40 on his pro day he will be fine.

I say that Mays isn't a top 10 pick because his game film shows too many flaws in his game, such as bad angles and misreading the play a lot. I remember watching him get caught out of position because he bit on a play fake hard, getting 10 yards out of position and the receiver scored. One thing I do remember thinking as I watched him catch up to the receiver is that he is really fast. In fact he probably would have caught him if his teammates hadn't gotten in his way. This is prototypical Mays at this point though. All athleticism, not enough instincts. Plus with his mentality he may be better served to convert to LB, which the Seahawks already have enough of.

He is an elite prospect in term of speed-size, but he doesn't read the play correctly and I think that Pete Carroll knows that better than anybody. If he couldn't change him at SC, what is he going to be able to do with him in Seattle? If he really wants Mays though, he will probably look at the board and see that there aren't many teams that are going to take him between 6 & 14, so if he really wants him he should wait and take the player you can build your line and/or team around in Okung or Bradford.

I like Tate a lot, but if I'm Cleveland, I'm not spending a top 10 pick on a small WR who's biggest ability is YAC. Now in 3 years I may look like an idiot for saying this if he turns out to be a pro bowl WR, but I just don't see Tate going top 10.

LTgiants
03-10-2010, 12:02 AM
I will admit I has a few mistakes on the team needs, and not it is not up to the second in terms of free agency. Which in reality is part of the problem, one change, one free agent and everything changes, one pick can change it all.

Sorry but had some college football games to watch on Sundays I guess ;)

True however how long did they sign Boss for? And you really think a weak blocking tight end like Beckum will be around that long in New York? Last time I checked they are a running football team correct? Bear Pascoe might be that for them however, so hold onto him.

I no you are trying to justify picking a TE in the first 3 rounds but Travis Beckum is not a blocking TE at all and the Giants have more important things to address in the 1st 3 rounds then another TE.

Rosebud
03-10-2010, 04:33 AM
seriously, I want two DTs in the top 3 rounds and ozzy doesn't have us even taking one.

Ozzy
03-10-2010, 10:32 AM
summond822 I say that Mays isn't a top 10 pick because his game film shows too many flaws in his game, such as bad angles and misreading the play a lot. I remember watching him get caught out of position because he bit on a play fake hard, getting 10 yards out of position and the receiver scored. One thing I do remember thinking as I watched him catch up to the receiver is that he is really fast. In fact he probably would have caught him if his teammates hadn't gotten in his way. This is prototypical Mays at this point though. All athleticism, not enough instincts. Plus with his mentality he may be better served to convert to LB, which the Seahawks already have enough of.That is very possible, and yes Mays is not perfect, I just love big large safeties and so few of them come around. And yes he is not that great of a playmaker, but then again one could argue USC did not put him in position to make plays. However maybe he was not put in position to make plays because he cannot make them, plays like deflecting a pass, jumping a route, blitzing off the edge and filling the box consistently. It seems they just kind of put him in the back and say cover deed and hit someone hard every now and again.

His physical athletic ability makes him elite however and physically he is a top 10 draft pick, in terms of his game, no he is not but we all know teams love that physical ability you cannot teach and they feel they can coach them up. But yes, maybe Pete knows the limit to Mays, or he might feel he has not reached his potentially, who knows, depends on his opinion of the man.

Rosebud
seriously, I want two DTs in the top 3 rounds and ozzy doesn't have us even taking one.Well considering mock drafts now a days can be changed in minutes with all the free agent moves, clearly free agent signings unless mock drafts are up to the second accurate, they might be a bit off. Might try a longer one later but really it was far more fun doing the value picks in the 4th-7th round. Because every team needs vary depending on who you talk to, and really all that matters is what players you like, what players you can get an where you can get them in the draft.

That is why I find talking late round draft picks to be more interesting because anyone can talk about the 1st round guys because they read every mock draft they can get their hands on, and most are just the first two or three rounds. Later rounds are the fun stuff.

wonderbredd24
03-10-2010, 12:52 PM
The Browns draft is an abortion until round 3. Give us Haden and Iupati with our 1st 2 picks