PDA

View Full Version : Mock #5 ... Middle of FA!

SRogers92
03-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Round 1:

1. St. Louis Rams – Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma … Another DL #1OA seems ludicrous to me … QB is the way to go if they grade Bradford out well.

2. Detriot Lions – Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska … Corey Williams and SLH could be a good tandem, but – adding Suh gives the Lions a terrific 3-DT rotation.

3. Tampa Bay Bucs -.Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma … Match made in heaven. Bucs love pass rushers and McCoy is one of the best.

4. Washington Redskins – Russell Okung, OT, Ok. State … Chris Samuels’ retirement puts them in a predicament. Add a franchise LT.

5. Kansas City Chiefs – Eric Berry, S/CB, Tennessee … add an elite playmaker in the secondary. Will help their D in several ways.

6. Seattle Seahawks – Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame … Pete Carroll recruited Clausen and Matt Hasselbeck isn’t the future of this franchise.

7. Cleveland Browns – CJ Spiller, HB, Clemson … Speed backs seem to be envogue in the wide open offenses nowadays .. Browns need playmakers on offense, plain and simple.

8. Oakland Raiders – Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland … Athletic freak – check … big time underachiever – check … Reach – check … Al Davis pick, for sure.

9. Buffalo Bills – Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma … I think his workouts and big body make him the better prospect over Bulaga … If Williams can refine his technique, his athleticism screams elite LT.

10. Jacksonville Jaguars – Taylor Mays, S, USC … Physical freak of nature … S is a HGUE need for the Jags and Del Rio maybe feels he can make Mays into a player.

11. Denver Broncos – Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma St. … #1 WR in the draft, easily … some character concerns, but McDaniels wants a wide open offense and he needs WRs for that.

12. Miami Dolphins – Jason Pierre-Paul, DE/OLB, South Fla … Cameron Wake showed some upside, but – hasn’t proven himself by any means … the need for a pass rush is there and Bill Parcells loves to add those big, elite athlete pass rushers for this 34 defense.

13. San Francisco 49ers – Joe Haden, CB, Florida … Could use more help on offense, but – Singletary is a defensive coach and he’ll end up getting his wish and adding a defensive playmaker.

14. Seattle Seahawks – Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers … Pete Carroll has made it clear he wants an OL upgrade … Davis gives him that and is arguably the #2 OT in the draft.

15. New York Giants – Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama … The best ILB in the draft … Giants are expecting to add Dansby, but – he’s far from a pure ILB and is best used in coverage. McClain can do it all and do it well.

16. Tennessee Titans – Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech … All of Tennessee rejoices. Morgan is the best all-around DE in the draft and is a steal here.

17. San Francisco 49ers – Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa … the OT they think about at #13 falls to them at 17 and they rejoice.

18. Pittsburgh Steelers – Earl Thomas, S, Texas … He’s not better then Eric Berry – don’t mistake that. But – he’s a great cover Safety and can make a lot of picks … will be an upgrade in coverage over Clark, for sure.

19. Atlanta Falcons – Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missouri … Adding Dunta Robinson gives the Falcons some flexibility. I think the Falcons like what they have with Grimes and Robinson enough to add a playmaker at OLB.

20. Houston Texans – Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise St. … Letting Dunta go shows the Texans are going to need to upgrade their secondary quickly. Kyle Wilson will hopefully be that guy …

21. Cincinnati Bengals – Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame … This is very dependant on if OchoCinco gets his way and they bring TO on board. If not – WR is a huge need and that was echoed by them letting Coles go.

22. New England Patriots – Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas …the Patriots need an edge rusher extraordinaire and nab one in Kindle.

23. Green Bay Packers – Vladimir Ducasse, OT, UMass … Probably not the BPA, but – his grade is in the late 20’s, so it’s not far off. Clifton is gone so the need to keep Aaron Rodgers upright is more vital than ever. They “reach” for the best LT prospect left.

24. Philadelphia Eagles – Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan … I think Graham is a 43 End all the way. Cole needs help next to him and the Eagles showed that need by going hard after Julius Peppers. Graham has it all to be a great DE in the league.

25. Baltimore Ravens – Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma … The Ravens healed one wound by adding Anquan Boldin, but – they still need targets for the young QB. Gresham is basically a WR playing TE and can be a great security blanket for Flacco.

26. Arizona Cardinals – Everson Griffen, DE/OLB, USC … A physical freak of nature and a classic underachiever. Can line up at the 34 and maybe use his speed to become an elite pass rusher. Only 7 sacks last season puts some flags up, but – has the tools.

27. Dallas Cowboys – Mike Iupati, OG/T, Idaho … Didn’t show great at Tackle at the Senior Bowl, but – can be an elite interior Lineman and play either Guard or C position. Lots of flexibility.

28. San Diego Chargers – Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee … Ryan Matthews is intriguing, but – Sproles is still on their roster and the Chargers have no form of a true NT right now.

29. New York Jets – Damian Williams, WR, USC … Braylon Edwars has one more year to prove himself to the league. Jerrico Cotchery isn’t a deep threat and won’t spread the field. Mark Sanchez struggled last year so the Jets want to give him the weapons necessary to succeed. I think Damian separated himself from Arrelious Benn at the combine.

30. Minnesota Vikings – Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers … Yes – safety is a bigger need, but – Chad Jones and Nate Allen are not 1st Round prospects, IMO … with the Vikings pursuing Marlin Jackson, the need for CB is known. McCourty is big enough to play a C2 and fast enough to cover man to man.

31. Indianapolis Colts – Brian Price, DT, UCLA … Odrick is tempting because the Colts love Big 10 players, but – Price tore it up at the combine and is the backfield penetrating DT the Colts love.

32. New Orleans Saints – Jared Odrick, DT, Penn St … This is the hardest draft pick to really predict … Ellis needs help and the release of Charles Grant leaves a hole at DE … do the NO staff trust Carlos Dunlap enough to go DE? Odrick has versatility to play DE on running downs and penetrate at DT on passing downs.

marshallb
03-08-2010, 11:09 AM
I like McCourty, but like you said about Chad Jones and Nate Allen, he is not a 1st round prospect, and CB is not a first round need, so why? At least S is a 1st round need.

Grizzlegom
03-08-2010, 11:13 AM
no thanks on JPP. I dont think he can play OLB and there is about 4 or 5 guys i'd take before him (Kindle, Dan Williams, Graham, and Gresham are examples)

SRogers92
03-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Why exactly can't JPP play OLB? And -- just because you'd take 4-5 guys over him isn't exactly stating the Dolphins feel the same way you do.

This is what I think teams will do, not what Grizzlegom will do ...

And -- Devin McCourty is a 1st Round talent ... probably ranked as the #3 CB in the draft now. Depending on who you believe ... how exactly is he not a 1st Rounder(Scott has him 36th prospect, but - has Patrick Robinson over him which is suspect) ...

vidae
03-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Great KC pick.

LetsGoGiants!
03-08-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm digging the G-Men pick.

Pat Sims 90
03-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Even if we get TO we will still need to adress the WR in 1st or 2nd because we will have 2 aging WRs as Starters

If we get Marshall then we will not need to take a WR high in the draft

Pick6TheSaintWay
03-08-2010, 02:05 PM
32. New Orleans Saints – Jared Odrick, DT, Penn St … This is the hardest draft pick to really predict … Ellis needs help and the release of Charles Grant leaves a hole at DE … do the NO staff trust Carlos Dunlap enough to go DE? Odrick has versatility to play DE on running downs and penetrate at DT on passing downs.

Not sure how I feel about the Odrick pick. We do need help at DT but i see him as a similar player as Ellis. With what you have left, he seems like a valuable option. However, with the loss of Grand and now Fujita, OLB and DE may also need to be addressed early if nothing happens in FA. Overall based on the way you have your draft shaping up i can't say I'd be disappointed with the pick, I just don't know if Odrick would be the best option.

Jim Jim
03-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Give the Packers Brandon Graham.

proshoota25
03-08-2010, 02:13 PM
perfect patriots pick

Go_Eagles77
03-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Love the eagles pick.

princefielder28
03-08-2010, 02:36 PM
i'm not sure if Vlad projects well to LT in the NFL and with Graham on the board, I think that'd be an easy pick for the Pack

prock
03-08-2010, 02:46 PM
I like McCourty, but like you said about Chad Jones and Nate Allen, he is not a 1st round prospect, and CB is not a first round need, so why? At least S is a 1st round need.

this covers it.

SRogers92
03-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Except a lot of people actually have McCourty as the #3 CB in the draft and going late 1st ... not Chad Jones/Nate Allen ... atleast not most I've seen ... personally - don't think the Vikings will take someone we're all expecting and will pull something out of their backside, but -- just not sure what, yet ...

We'll see ...

RealityCheck
03-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Me likes some Kindle.

SINCE1978
03-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Suh-pendous!

Leaving Jahvid Best off round 1 means Detroit could snag him at pick #34.

BaLLiN
03-08-2010, 04:10 PM
I cant complain w/ that pick

thebow305
03-09-2010, 02:13 AM
Awesome pick for the Phins!