PDA

View Full Version : OT Roger Saffold

D-Unit
03-08-2010, 02:34 PM
What are your thoughts on him? Apparently his stock is rocketing like a meteor up draft boards. Do you agree or disagree with the experts? First round guy?

Babylon
03-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Does he project to tackle? With good combines from Trent Williams, Mike Iupati and Bruce Campbell i dont see him getting into the 1st round as a matter of fact i see him going after Ducasse and Brown in the second round to say nothing of Jason Fox. That makes him the 10th O-lineman taken?

Supporting Caste
03-08-2010, 02:44 PM
He'll go ahead of Ducasse and Fox. The tackles are gonna go quick in this draft so Saffold will go earlier than most people are expecting.

Grizzlegom
03-08-2010, 02:50 PM
I have him right behind Brown in my rankings as the 9th best o-lineman but i have 10 linemen that graded out as first or second rounders. As for Saffold, I think his best fit would be at RT or LG but, like Brandon Albert, I think he could have decent success at LT.

DiG
03-08-2010, 03:08 PM
As a LT prospect I see him with less upside and somewhere in the late 2nd or early 3rd in terms of value but I think he grades out higher for teams that see him as a RT or G. Im not sure I buy the hype enough to give him a first round grade but I dont see why he wouldnt go early 2nd given the probability that theres a run on tackles in the first.

princefielder28
03-08-2010, 03:15 PM
I have him as the #2 guard prospect in this draft. I don't think tackle is his best fit, especially not LT, and I do think the mid second round is a good area for him to go.

Shane P. Hallam
03-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Solid early-mid 2nd round pick. Versatile, can play 4 positions on the O-line. Will be very attractive to some teams.

ThePudge
03-08-2010, 06:12 PM
I think Zone Blocking teams could see Saffold as a Left/Right Tackle prospect, but ultimately I see him inside at Guard in the NFL. As Shane said, solid early-mid 2nd Round pick.

no bare feet
03-08-2010, 06:20 PM
He aced the interview sessions at the combine, someone fell in love with him and will be picked between 35-50.