PDA

View Full Version : 3/8/10 Mock Draft

RaiderNation
03-08-2010, 06:47 PM
http://mynflmockdraft.blogspot.com/2010/03/3810-mock-draft.html

1 St. Louis Rams- Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma
Rumors are the Rams are leaning toward a QB right now and Bradford seems to have the edge of Clausen right now.

2 Detroit Lions- Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska
Lions would be happy with Suh or McCoy here. Suh gives them a franchise player to build around on defense.

3 Tampa Bay Buccanneers- Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma
McCoy in Tampa seems like a great match. McCoy should have a Warren Sapp effect on the defense.

4 Washington Redskins- Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State
Tendering Jason Campbell with a 1st rounder shows me they are commiting to him for one more season. Okung is a great ZBS OT

5 Kansas City Chiefs- Eric Berry DB Tennessee
Any defensive player would help the Chiefs horrible D. Berry gives them a impact player in the secondary that they really need

6 Seattle Seahawks- Anthony Davis OT Rutgers
With Walter Jones officially retiring the Seahawks are in need of a LT. Davis is the most natural LT in this draft and has huge upside.

7 Cleveland Browns- Jason Pierre-Paul DE/OLB USF
The Browns have no pass rusher coming from the edge. JPP has unlimited potential and might end up like DeMarcus Ware.

8 Oakland Raiders- Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa
Oakland drafted a former Iowa prospect earlier this decade and they do it again. Bulaga next to Gallery makes a nice blideside protection team for whoever the QB is.

9 Buffalo Bills- Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State
With the T.O. expirement failing, the Bills know they have to add a go to WR to the offence.

10 Jacksonville Jaguars- Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame
Adding Kampman allows the Jags to address other needs. David Garrard isnt a franchise QB so Clausen falls to here.

11 Denver Broncos(f/CHI)- Rolando McClain LB Alabama
The Broncos started off hot last season, but the defense let down at the end of the year. Rolando gives them a true leader and piece to build around

12 Miami Dolphins- Derrick Morgan DE/OLB Georgia Tech
With Joey Porter officially being released and the signing of ILB Karlos Dansby, the Dolphins are in need of a impact pass rusher and Morgan gives them that

13 San Francisco 49ers- Joe Haden CB Florida
Haden ran a poor 40 time at the combine, allowing him to fall here to 13. Haden is still a top player in this draft in my book, being a complete corner

14 Seattle Seahawks(f/DEN)- Taylor Mays DB USC
Taylor Mays is a freak athlete and with his former coach Pete Carrol coming into town I think this pick is a lock

15 New York Giants- Sean Weatherspoon LB Missouri
Weatherspoon was a huge winner at the combine and he is rising up alot of boards. Weatherspoon fits perfectly into the G-Men's new defensive style

16 Tennessee Titans- Everson Griffen DE USC
Titans took a athletic freak earlier this decade to play DE, and I expect the same here. Griffen has the bulk and speed to be a impact pass rusher

17 San Francisco 49ers(f/CAR)- Trent Williams OT Oklahoma
Trent Williams was another winner at the combine, and might end up going alot higher than this.

He also has the ability to play all positions on the line.

18 Pittsburgh Steelers- Mike Iupati OL Idaho
Iupati just seems like a Steelers type of player. He is a tough guy that should end up as a pro bowler at OG and help in both the running and passing game

19 Atlanta Falcons- Brandon Graham DE Michigan
With ATL signing Dunta Robinson, this allows them to address more needs on D. Other than John Abraham they have no impact pass rushers.

20 Houston Texans- CJ Spiller RB Clemson
Steve Slaton took a huge step back, and Spiller falling to here is great value. Spiller provides them with another big play guy on offence.

21 Cincinnati Bengals- Earl Thomas DB Texas
I expect the Bengals to add a WR through F/A or trade, so this pick should be on a DB. Thomas is nice value here and can be a FS/CB for them.

22 New England Patriots- Sergio Kindle DE/OLB Texas
Kindle seems like a nice fit in New England. He is very productive and showed that in the National Championship game this year with multiple sacks.

23 Green Bay Packers- Bruce Campbell OT Maryland
Bruce Campbell is a freak athlete, everybody can agree on that. Can he play LT in the NFL? We will see.

24 Philadelphia Eagles- Carlos Dunlap DE Florida
Trent Cole is a beast at DE for the Eagles, but they still lack another guy to get pressure on the QB. Losing out on Peppers, they decide to go with a similar type player.

25 Baltimore Ravens- Kyle Wilson CB Boise State
The Ravens got a steal with trading for Anquan Boldin, and now they help their aging defense with Wilson here. Ravens might be my superbowl pick.

26 Arizona Cardinals- Vladimir Ducasse OT Mass
Mike Gandy shouldnt be a starter in the NFL, Ducasse can play LT and RT and has a huge upside.

27 Dallas Cowboys- Dan Williams NT Tennessee
The boys get a steal here at 27, landing a true NT for their 3-4 defense. This allows Jay Ratliff to move to DE

28 San Diego Chargers- Ryan Matthews RB Fresno State
LT is gone and being one of the worst running teams last year, this pick might be a lock. Matthews impressed at the combine and is rising the boards.

29 New York Jets- Golden Tate WR Notre Dame
The Jets landed CB Antonio Cromartie and now they get to add a reliable WR for Sanchez. Tate ran an unexpected 4.42 40

30 Minnesota Vikings- Chad Jones DB LSU
Vikings can go alot of different ways here, not having a true big need. Chad Jones is a prospect that just seems to fit what the Vikings are looking for in a DB.

31 Indianapolis Colts- Brian Price DT UCLA
Brian Price is great value here, and will help the Colts D improve. Price might not have great heighth, but he has good bulk and athleticism

32 New Orleans Saints- Maurkice Pouncey C Florida
Jonathan Goodwin is overrated and the Saints know that if they want to be contenders for the superbowl again next year they must protect Drew Brees

vidae
03-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Great KC pick.

prock
03-08-2010, 08:00 PM
I like CHad Jones this much l________________________________l

thenewfeature06
03-08-2010, 08:02 PM
I do like Bulaga.

thebow305
03-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Great Phins pick

proshoota25
03-08-2010, 08:11 PM
perfect patriots pick

LonghornsLegend
03-08-2010, 08:51 PM
I know I know, we get the talk about Jay Ratliff moving every year, hell we even discuss it in our draft thread every year. Fact is, it's not happening. Ratliff has no desire to move and considers himself a NT, Wade doesn't want him to move and has no desire to draft a NT, Jerry doesn't want Ratliff to move and he's the most important voice.

Wade runs a 1 gap scheme, he doesn't need a "true" NT. Ratliff is an all-pro at NT, it's just doesn't make sense to move him after he's dominated at that position since he's been there. I like Williams, think he's a great pick, but Ratliff isn't moving, and we aren't spending a 1st on a NT no way. Ratliff kicks over to DE on passing downs anyway, but we can be very creative on early downs with him on the nose and he's very skilled at shooting gaps, we don't use our nose to hold 2 or 3 guys. It's worked just fine too as our D since Wade took over has been a top 10 D and played like a top 5 unit at times.

Player is fine, just not a realistic one, or explanation. Look at corner like Wilson, Iupati, definately DE, LT if value is there, and definately safety. All those will get looks well before NT.

V.I.P
03-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Nice Bucs draft.

akvikefan89
03-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Pouncey > Chad Jones for the Vikings, please.

wonderbredd24
03-08-2010, 09:25 PM
I don't care about his 40... give us Haden

49erNation85
03-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Again I don't see the Jags taking Clausen , if any one they take for QB they go after Tebow . Good 9ers pick !

Matthew Jones
03-08-2010, 09:27 PM
I could definitely see that pick happening for New England.

roidrunner
03-08-2010, 09:53 PM
i dont like the packers pick...

bluebonnet78
03-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Damn Steelers take Iupati...But I'd be pretty happy with Dan Williams. Good mock overall.

wicket
03-09-2010, 12:50 AM
dont know why people give pouncey a first round grade, i hate the pick

marshallb
03-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Very good Vikings pick, at that point Jones holds the best value as far as positions of big need go. Sucks to see Williams go 3 picks before us though.

Clarkpba
03-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Thats a solid pick for the Bengals. Thomas fills a need and can stay on the field for every down. I would be happy if that happens.

coordinator0
03-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Meh Baltimore pick. The offense still needs help, and Gresham sure would look good in purple and black ;).

DiG
03-09-2010, 12:43 PM
I like CHad Jones this much l________________________________l

and jones has this much chance going in rd 1 |_|

K Train
03-09-2010, 01:54 PM
**** iupati, id be so mad lol

Pat Sims 90
03-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Thomas would make me very happy

thadoniousmonk
03-09-2010, 10:09 PM
picking another OT from Iowa scares me, don't think Davis will make that mistake again

Unbiased
03-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Unbelievable Jacksonville pick.

I really mean that. Great pick, but unlikely for him to fall to 10.

GatorsBullsFan
03-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Again I don't see the Jags taking Clausen , if any one they take for QB they go after Tebow . Good 9ers pick !

I have come to the conclusion that Jags wont take Tebow in the first round just to sell tickets. Gene Smith isn't going to take someone in the first round that doesn't deserve to go in the first round and waste a draft pick. Im a huge Tebow fan and if we could get him in the 4th round I say do it.

But I love the Claussen pick, and Im not really sure if I love it because I think he will be a great QB or I love it because Im so tired of seeing Derrick Morgan for the Jags in mock drafts.

Go_Eagles77
03-10-2010, 09:14 AM
I really don't like Dunlap. I would go Kyle Wilson there.

Hines
03-10-2010, 09:47 AM
I'd rather have Spiller in that case. He would be perfect value. That or Earl Thomas and we can have him play corner. Iupati is a good pick nonetheless.

Grizzlegom
03-10-2010, 11:30 AM
not a fan of morgan in a 3-4 but i wouldn't be completely against him.

Stranger
03-10-2010, 04:25 PM
26 Arizona Cardinals- Vladimir Ducasse OT Mass
Mike Gandy shouldnt be a starter in the NFL, Ducasse can play LT and RT and has a huge upside.

Like Ducasse but feel like he is a bit of a reach in the first. Would much rather have Dan Williams in this situation.