PDA

View Full Version : AdamJT13 Compensatory pick projections...

Scotty D
03-08-2010, 07:03 PM
http://adamjt13.blogspot.com/2010/03/projecting-2010-compensatory-nfl-draft.html

I just ran across his blog which he apparently updates throughout the year. I know a lot of people look forward to his projections every year. I hope he doesn't mind me sharing it here.

THIRD ROUND

Tennessee (Albert Haynesworth, $11.37 million per season, 12 GP/12 GS)

Cincinnati (T.J. Houshmandzadeh, $8 million, 16/16) — possibly a fourth- or fifth-round pick for Stacy Andrews

Atlanta (Dominique Foxworth, $6.8 million, 16/16) — possibly a fourth-round pick

FOURTH ROUND

None

FIFTH ROUND

Pittsburgh (Bryant McFadden, $4.75 million, 16/16)

Atlanta (Michael Boley, $4.8 million, 11/11)

Pittsburgh (Nate Washington, $4.47 million, 16/15) — possibly a sixth-round pick

SIXTH ROUND

Minnesota (Matt Birk, $4 million, 16/16) — possibly a fifth-round pick

Green Bay (Colin Cole, $4.28 million, 16/15) – possibly a fifth-round pick

Carolina (Geoff Hangartner, $3.15 million, 16/16)

Jacksonville (Mike Peterson, $3 million, 16/16)

Carolina (Frank Omiyale, $2.64 million, 16/12) — possibly a seventh-round pick

Miami (Renaldo Hill, $2.5 million, 15/15) — possibly a seventh-round pick

SEVENTH ROUND

New England (Jabar Gaffney, $2.5 million, 16/7) — possibly a sixth-round pick

Tennessee (Chris Carr, $2.5 million, 16/4) — possibly a sixth-round pick

Indianapolis (Darrell Reid, $2.27 million, 16/0)

Tennessee (Eric King, $2.125 million, 4/1)

Tennessee (Daniel Loper, $2 million, 8/5)

Pittsburgh (Byron Leftwich, $2 million, 3/3)

Philadelphia (Sean Considine, $1.45 million, 11/6)

Philadelphia (L.J. Smith, $1.5 million, 12/0)

San Diego (Mike Goff, $1.35 million, 8/7) — possibly a fifth- or sixth-round pick for Igor Olshansky

San Francisco (Donald Strickland, $1.11 million, 9/2)

New England (Lonie Paxton, $1.03 million, 16/0)

New England (Heath Evans, $1.05 million, 6/5)

Seattle (Floyd Womack, $950,000, 13/9)

New England (LaMont Jordan, $1.01 million, 9/0)

Oakland (net-value comp pick; lost $5.7 million, 12/10; signed $1 million, 6/2)

St. Louis (non-compensatory pick)

Detroit (non-compensatory pick)

Tampa Bay (non-compensatory pick)

Kansas City (non-compensatory pick)

Washington (non-compensatory pick)

Definitely check out the link, he goes incredibly in-depth

ATLDirtyBirds
03-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Love the extra 3rd and 5th. Supposedly we might get one more for Grady Jackson as well. I can't see us doing much worse than a 4th and a 5th which would be a nice pull still.

eaglesalltheway
03-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Sounds about right for the Eagles. I was hoping since it seemed Considine played quite a bit we could get more, but both those compensatory picks are reasonable.

Shane P. Hallam
03-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Man, New England is going to have an incredible amount of picks in this draft.

fenikz
03-08-2010, 07:15 PM
cardinals dont get anything for antonio smith?

Don Vito
03-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Hopefully we use them and use them well, no more of this trading for a pick next year ****. We also almost always take relative unknowns late in the draft, especially recently.

Shane P. Hallam
03-08-2010, 07:17 PM

If you guys signed someone, then it could offset.

twizbuck
03-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Hm, I was thinking we'd get more than just a third. Here's hoping Andrews gets us something.

LonghornsLegend
03-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Whew Atlanta is going to have one helluva haul this draft if they make the most of those picks. Sounds like trade up ammo, but I'd be inclined to just draft as many guys as I could in a draft like this and see what sticks. An extra 3rd, 5th, and 6th now with the Houston trade as well as a move up, and they could come away with some really nice players.

Smooth Criminal
03-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Steelers get 3 picks. Sounds good to me. Id love to have two more 5ths.

niel89
03-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Damn I thought the Ravens would have gotten at least one pick when they lost Bart Scott, Jim Leonard, Jason Brown and Boller. But I guess Foxworth, Carr, Birk and L.J. Smith even it out I guess.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Whew Atlanta is going to have one helluva haul this draft if they make the most of those picks. Sounds like trade up ammo, but I'd be inclined to just draft as many guys as I could in a draft like this and see what sticks. An extra 3rd, 5th, and 6th now with the Houston trade as well as a move up, and they could come away with some really nice players.

Well, you can't trade compensation picks, but this might allow us to use our other picks to possibly move back into the 2nd round.

wogitalia
03-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Do the Vikes really get nothing for Sharper?

I'd have thought losing a guy who almost won DPOY should be worth something?

Outside of Favre, who I won't even pretend to know how he would count, I can't think of anyone we signed this year that made a big contribution? Like anyone.

Did Favre count and thus cancel out Sharper or is the performance element no longer a factor and only cost and games started, even then surely we get something?

Would have thought we would get more for Birk. Guy was an absolute rock for Baltimore.

CashmoneyDrew
03-09-2010, 01:05 AM
God I hope that Chris Carr pick becomes a 6th. Hopefully we'll trade our late round, non-compensatory picks because I don't think that many rookies will make the roster.

Stranger
03-09-2010, 01:17 AM

Arizona — The Cardinals could get a third- or fourth-round pick, or they could get nothing. They lost one player who definitely will qualify and signed one player who definitely will qualify. The question is whether Terrelle Smith will count as a player lost and whether Jason Wright will count as a player signed. At this point, I would project that both of them will qualify based on their contract values, leaving the Cardinals with no comp picks. If Wright qualfies and Smith doesn't, they wouldn't get a comp pick, either. But if Smith qualifies and Wright doesn't, the Cardinals would get a third- or fourth-round pick as compensation for losing Antonio Smith.

If Jason Wright does not qualify, Arizona will receive a comp pick for Antonio Smith in either the third round or fourth round, most likely in the third, after Seattle's comp pick for T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

I remember after we lost Leonard Davis and everyone was expecting a 3rd and I think we ended up with nothing.