PDA

View Full Version : Pat Kirwin's Latest Mock Draft

bigfreak314
03-10-2010, 10:02 AM
What are your feelings on Pat Kirwin's Latest Mock Draft

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d816d8732&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

which has bumped Taylor Mays to the 17th pick and Joe Haden sliding to the 18th.

Big Dan Williams is now a top 10 pick as well.

vidae
03-10-2010, 10:31 AM
The KC pick is still terrible.

edit: I find it really hard to believe that so many teams pass on Bryant, especially the Bengals. If he's there at their pick I think it's a no-brainer, but for him to fall to 27? Pretty dumb.

bitonti
03-10-2010, 10:32 AM
better than his first attempt

Hines
03-10-2010, 10:51 AM
He has Haden going to the Steelers. That gives it a A+ from me.

nepg
03-10-2010, 11:06 AM
"Berry's versatility has safety moving up the boards" then he falls to #7... WTF?

Then he says Tate has 4.3 speed. What an ass.

YotoJets007
03-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Jets pick just made me blind.

yourfavestoner
03-10-2010, 11:38 AM
"Berry's versatility has safety moving up the boards" then he falls to #7... WTF?

Then he says Tate has 4.3 speed. What an ass.

That's not "falling." People have been mocking him to the Browns since the season ended. I really don't believe he was ever a candidate to go top 5.

MaxV
03-10-2010, 11:38 AM
For the Colts, Pouncey over Iupati and Campbell?

I like Pouncey, but Colts have 3 young Centers on the roster.

Every other OL position, other then Center, is a need.

yourfavestoner
03-10-2010, 11:40 AM
For the Colts, Pouncey over Iupati and Campbell?

I like Pouncey, but Colts have 3 young Centers on the roster.

Every other OL position, other then Center, is a need.

Probably because Pouncey has some versatility and can play both G and C well. He fits their scheme much better than Iupati.

TBH though, does anybody really think the Colts will draft an interior lineman in the first round? Polian regulary fills those spots with UDFA types and they generally hold their own.

ToldLikeItIs
03-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Bulaga is going to get paid for being conistent, I love it.

MaxV
03-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Probably because Pouncey has some versatility and can play both G and C well. He fits their scheme much better than Iupati.

TBH though, does anybody really think the Colts will draft an interior lineman in the first round? Polian regulary fills those spots with UDFA types and they generally hold their own.

Yeah, you're right, Pouncey does fit the scheme.

Except Howard Mudd is retiring and they just released Lilja (last year's best interior lineman for Indy).

All signs point to a change of scheme. I think they are planning to get bigger and stronger inside.

ThePudge
03-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Bulaga is going to get paid for being conistent, I love it.

His Junior season was plagued by inconsistencies. Brandon Graham beat him like a rug when matched up against eachother and Bulaga doesn't possess feet that a Top 5 Tackle usually does. I think the Top 5 talk is BS and the only way he goes Top 10 would be the Bills at 9 desperate for a Left Tackle. Trent Williams & Bruce Campbell likely passed him on some boards (especially Williams) after Bulaga failed to live up to the Iowa hype at the Combine (Big surprise right? Can you tell where I get my Iowa expectations?) Consistent is one thing Bulaga was more of his Sophomore campaign, his Junior season was average.

Many unbiased Hawkeye fans have stated he doesn't belong in the Top 20 based on how he played a year ago. I think his most likely destination is between 9 and 17.

ToldLikeItIs
03-10-2010, 11:55 AM
But the thing is, Pudge, they didn't, and Bulaga will be drafted at 5 to the KC Chiefs. That's just the way it is buddy :)

He didn't play well against Graham and Schofield (coincidentally the two games after his return from his injury), but absolutely dominated Morgan in the Orange Bowl. Which instance took place closer to the draft?

DJC
03-10-2010, 12:14 PM
If Bryant starts falling in the 20s, Dominik better be working the phones trying to trade up. He's got his question marks, but he's far too talented to slip that far.

Wow, still with Dunlap in the 1st. This guy shouldn't even be considered until the 3rd. And the Saints sure as hell won't take someone with his concerns.

And Griffen a 34 end? Not too sure about that one.

Addict
03-10-2010, 12:20 PM
His Junior season was plagued by inconsistencies. Brandon Graham beat him like a rug when matched up against eachother and Bulaga doesn't possess feet that a Top 5 Tackle usually does. I think the Top 5 talk is BS and the only way he goes Top 10 would be the Bills at 9 desperate for a Left Tackle. Trent Williams & Bruce Campbell likely passed him on some boards (especially Williams) after Bulaga failed to live up to the Iowa hype at the Combine (Big surprise right? Can you tell where I get my Iowa expectations?) Consistent is one thing Bulaga was more of his Sophomore campaign, his Junior season was average.

Many unbiased Hawkeye fans have stated he doesn't belong in the Top 20 based on how he played a year ago. I think his most likely destination is between 9 and 17.

I'm tempted to say that if unbiased hawkeye fans see this, that NFL scouts will too.

Also the mock is crap, but that's Kirwan for you.... the fact he mentions Campbell in the top 10 then has him fall out of the first altogether just says it all. Even his own mock doesn't agree with his mock.

FlyingElvis
03-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Bryant falling that far is silly.

But, if the WRs were swapped and if Trent Williams and Anthony Davis switched spots I would say it's at least possible. There's just no way in hell Al Davis drafts the combines most disappointing OT.

killxswitch
03-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Yeah, you're right, Pouncey does fit the scheme.

Except Howard Mudd is retiring and they just released Lilja (last year's best interior lineman for Indy).

All signs point to a change of scheme. I think they are planning to get bigger and stronger inside.

At 6'5 and 320 lbs. Pouncey isn't a little guy. I am not so sure they'd pick him over Iupati, nor am I sure they'll pick interior OL at all in the 1st. But I think Pouncey would be a good fit given the new direction the Colts appear to be taking. The Colts want to get bigger in on the OL. It remains to be seen whether that means spending higher picks or if Polian will still go after dollar store bargains.

Hines
03-10-2010, 01:10 PM
But the thing is, Pudge, they didn't, and Bulaga will be drafted at 5 to the KC Chiefs. That's just the way it is buddy :)

He didn't play well against Graham and Schofield (coincidentally the two games after his return from his injury), but absolutely dominated Morgan in the Orange Bowl. Which instance took place closer to the draft?

And when/if he doesn't go in Top 5, what will be your excuse this time?

PossibleCabbage
03-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Well, Brown is a better pick than Iupati for the Packers.

ToldLikeItIs
03-10-2010, 01:34 PM
No excuses at all. I haven't had one from day one. You guys are crazy if you think Pioli isn't going to draft the safest player available, and that player is Bulaga.

Pudge, what are you going to do when he has a much better Pro Day than combine from a "number" perspective, which you seem to be obsessed with?

FlyingElvis
03-10-2010, 02:06 PM
No excuses at all. I haven't had one from day one. You guys are crazy if you think Pioli isn't going to draft the safest player available, and that player is Bulaga.

Pudge, what are you going to do when he has a much better Pro Day than combine from a "number" perspective, which you seem to be obsessed with?

lol wut? (x2)

1. Pioli really went the safe way last year with Tyson Jackson, right?

and

2. ThePudge seems to religiously refer to tape & performance over combine numbers.

/lol wut?

yourfavestoner
03-10-2010, 02:08 PM
lol wut? (x2)

1. Pioli really went the safe way last year with Tyson Jackson, right?

and

2. ThePudge seems to religiously refer to tape & performance over combine numbers.

/lol wut?

I thought they went with Jackson because he was the highest rated player on their boards.

JFLO
03-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Brian Price to the Vikings makes me want to punch Pat Kirwan in the ****

Addict
03-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Brian Price to the Vikings makes me want to punch Pat Kirwan in the ****

face?
dick?
balls?
head?
feet?
poon?
anus?

ChiefMojo
03-10-2010, 02:22 PM
KC took Tyson Jackson last year because he was by far the highest rated player at his position and it was position the Chiefs did not have already on roster.

I like Berry as the pick, but I have a feeling Pioli is going to go safe and take either Okung or Bulaga. Remember Pioli and Kirk Ferentz are very good friends, so Bulaga wouldn't surprise me. Also to Bulaga's defense, he did have a medical issue that slowed him during the first part of the season. Once he got that corrected, he looked more like his old self.

JFLO
03-10-2010, 02:41 PM
face?
dick?
balls?
head?
feet?
poon?
anus?

c oc k

10 char

MaxV
03-10-2010, 02:55 PM
At 6'5 and 320 lbs. Pouncey isn't a little guy. I am not so sure they'd pick him over Iupati, nor am I sure they'll pick interior OL at all in the 1st. But I think Pouncey would be a good fit given the new direction the Colts appear to be taking. The Colts want to get bigger in on the OL. It remains to be seen whether that means spending higher picks or if Polian will still go after dollar store bargains.

320? He came to the combine at 304.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good pick, obviously he's talented, but he gets a 1st round grade as a OC. Would he dominate as a OG?

RealityCheck
03-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Funny how Berry is rising in his board and nosediving on mine.

J-Mike88
03-12-2010, 06:51 AM
Nobody takes Bruce Campbell in round 1?
I'd be shocked.
Bryant free-falling would surprise me much less.

killxswitch
03-12-2010, 08:04 AM
320? He came to the combine at 304.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good pick, obviously he's talented, but he gets a 1st round grade as a OC. Would he dominate as a OG?

I read 320 on a draft profile. He must've lost weight or it was overestimated.

Pryme
03-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Wow Bryant falls to the Cowboys! Austin+Bryant=jizzm in my pants

Don't know about Odrick going that high either.

703SKINS202
03-12-2010, 10:29 AM
That's a perfect Skins pick.