PDA

View Full Version : I think I'd stay away from Tony Washington

steelernation77
03-10-2010, 01:19 PM
It seems that Washington, now 24, is a registered sex offender in Texas, and according to Laine's sources, it's because he was convicted in May 2003 of having consensual sex with his 15-year-old sister.

http://deadspin.com/5490101/report-nfl-draft-prospect-once-put-his-tremendous-upside-in-his-sister

Finnegans Wake
03-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Jakey
03-10-2010, 01:21 PM
AWESOME! Bring him to pittsburgh. At least he has consensual sex!

FUNBUNCHER
03-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Well, he was 17 at the time, she 15.

Too bad she wasn't step. That's just beyond nasty on both their parts. I wonder if he or she took the other's virginity???

GROSS.

iowatreat54
03-10-2010, 01:37 PM
How has the title of the article been overlooked:

Report: NFL Draft Prospect Once Put His Tremendous Upside In His Sister

That's just great writing.

Also, the comments are pure gold.

Prowler
03-10-2010, 01:42 PM

i could seriously read those comments all day.

from sarah palin and mcnabb references to gap control and ''who hasn't done their sister'' comments. good stuff.

DiG
03-10-2010, 01:46 PM
best comment:

"donovan mcnabb didnt even know that was possible"

yourfavestoner
03-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Ewwwww.

So is the sister a registered sex offender as well?

nhlkdog411
03-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Ewwwww.

So is the sister a registered sex offender as well?

Why would she be?? She was underage, he wasn't.

Prowler
03-10-2010, 01:56 PM
yes he was.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/index.php/2010/03/nfl-draft-prospect-tony-washington-is-sex-offender-for-sleeping-with-15-year-old-sister/

explains it well, and she should be registered too unless there is a distinction between 15 and 16 years old.

yourfavestoner
03-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Why would she be?? She was underage, he wasn't.

He was 17 at the time, and underage as well.

killxswitch
03-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Gross! How would his teammates ever respect him?

yourfavestoner
03-10-2010, 02:00 PM
So the reason he was charged was in Texas sleeping with your biological or adopted brother/sister is against the law regardless of age.
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/index.php/2010/03/nfl-draft-prospect-tony-washington-is-sex-offender-for-sleeping-with-15-year-old-sister/

So his sister should be registered too, no?

Prowler
03-10-2010, 02:01 PM
by law she should be registered

WMD
03-10-2010, 02:06 PM
I'm just wondering how this got out.

Geason Noceur
03-10-2010, 02:10 PM
The guy was 16, not 17. In some states that makes a big difference. Still, that's gross.

http://www.sportsfanlive.com/sflreports/entry/sportsfanlive_com_exclusive_lineman_s

iowatreat54
03-10-2010, 02:13 PM
i could seriously read those comments all day.

from sarah palin and mcnabb references to gap control and ''who hasn't done their sister'' comments. good stuff.

My personal favorite because the movie is so awesome:

I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for this. Perhaps he didn't realize she was his sister because he hadn't seen his family since his parents abandoned him next to that trash can at the Grand Canyon when he was nine years old.

mqtirishfan
03-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Super ****** up, but I can't see how this should affect his draft stock. It's not something that's likely to be a recurring problem.

JFLO
03-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Gross! How would his teammates ever respect him?

By having sex with his sister?

What.

ChiFan24
03-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Super ****** up, but I can't see how this should affect his draft stock. It's not something that's likely to be a recurring problem.

If I'm an NFL team, I don't want any part of the kind of emotional issues that leads to having sex with your own sister. That's just me.

Addict
03-10-2010, 02:27 PM
the comments are fantastic, so many brother jokes.

About how he wasn't the only brother his sister banged... good stuff.

Prowler
03-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Typical NFL hypocricy. They say they want high character players who come from close-knit family backgrounds. But when a guy tries to show a little extra initiative they blackball him.

rep to president camacho

RealityCheck
03-10-2010, 02:47 PM
lolincest.

DraftBreakdown
03-10-2010, 02:51 PM
I heard about this at the Senior bowl from Wes Bunting (NFP). I was grossed out then and obviously still am now. I think teams are going to have to really talk to him and see how he responds before drafting him. What I see as a 4th-5th round talent likely won't be drafted until the end of the 7th at best.

FlyingElvis
03-10-2010, 03:20 PM

Same thing I wondered. I guess because he's registered they worked backwards. But it still seems weird to me that a 16 year old kid would be placed on & then remain on a register like that.

“I made a mistake at the age of 16, and for that, I am deeply sorry,” Washington said. “I will not try and excuse or justify anything. I have worked extremely hard to do everything right so that I might have an opportunity to give back. I only hope that someone in the NFL will give me the same opportunity that Abilene Christian and Trinity Valley gave me.”

I was hoping NE would have a shot at him in round 4 but didn't think it would happen. Now I think he very well could be there and still want him in Foxboro.

Here's a real article (http://www.sportsfanlive.com/sflreports/entry/sportsfanlive_com_exclusive_lineman_s) on it that was linked in the Deadspin one.

BaLLiN
03-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Theres a kid in my school that did the same thing. Consensual and the details are gross. He was disowned by his father and mother, lives with his grandparents and has a retraining order that doesnt allow him to see his sister. He was caught with drugs in his system two days ago and suspended from school. He was 15 and she was 13 when it happened, theyre both young looking now so i cant imagine how weird it was.

I agree, Id hope that a team could provide a sturdy foundation for him, but this is a major red flag to emotional issues.

WMD
03-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Same thing I wondered. I guess because he's registered they worked backwards. But it still seems weird to me that a 16 year old kid would be placed on & then remain on a register like that.
Not even that, I mean.. who the hell told? and why?

prock
03-10-2010, 04:36 PM
This is ******* disgusting.

FlyingElvis
03-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Not even that, I mean.. who the hell told? and why?

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I wondered that, too. How exactly does he end up accused and convicted of this. The whole thing is weird. He really must have some ****** up details in his childhood.

Job
03-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Is there someone here who can explain to me what's the big deal and so gross about that?

Seriously I don't see it.

nhlkdog411
03-10-2010, 05:11 PM
He was 17 at the time, and underage as well.

Not necessarily, some states the age is 16.

“I made a mistake at the age of 16, and for that, I am deeply sorry,” Washington said. “I will not try and excuse or justify anything. I have worked extremely hard to do everything right so that I might have an opportunity to give back. I only hope that someone in the NFL will give me the same opportunity that Abilene Christian and Trinity Valley gave me.”

Doesn't matter the age, once registered, always registered. If you get tried as an adult for pissing in public and convicted you're a sex offender for life and on the list. In short it doesn't matter the age or the crime; if it counts in any way as a sex crime, and you're tried as an adult (possibly as a kid as well, not sure on that part), you're going on the list for life.

niel89
03-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Terrible gap control.

Win!

sfdgsdf

thebow305
03-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Wow. This is beyond disgusting.

Job
03-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Again, I must ask what is gross/disgusting in that.

K Train
03-10-2010, 06:19 PM
i think its ****** up if it was consensual and he got probation and is a sex offender but shes not?

who did they tell if it was consensual? what did she do beg for his g0o0o0o0o0od **** and call the cops?

lol

K Train
03-10-2010, 06:21 PM
why didnt willie williams go to abeliene christian? they seem to take rejects and so far bernard scott and johnny knox are pretty good lol

BRAVEHEART
03-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Am I the only one who feels sad for this guy? Bad enough that he has to live what what he did, but you know he probably get's stuff from his peers or anyone around him constantly.

MURPHMAN
03-10-2010, 07:24 PM

LOL

wat?

Job
03-10-2010, 07:52 PM
LOL

wat?

That's not really an answer.

RaiderNation
03-10-2010, 08:02 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/12/24/128746277532085669.jpg

LonghornsLegend
03-10-2010, 08:07 PM

I think most people are ignoring you for a reason here.

I just wish I knew the story from the beginning, it's even worse if he knew it was his sister before hand, I don't care if your 12.

Job
03-10-2010, 08:33 PM
I think most people are ignoring you for a reason here.

I just wish I knew the story from the beginning, it's even worse if he knew it was his sister before hand, I don't care if your 12.

I don't really see that reason, other than it's a big taboo for some reason I can't explain myself. I don't understand why people are so put off by that. Granted I don't have a sister nor a brother, but why it is such a big deal is so beyond me. If it's consensual, of course, now if not THAT is disgusting. But for me that two people that love/like eachother enough to engage in consensual sexuality, if the two people concerned know what are the possible ramifications and are aware of what sex actually means (which excludes most parent/child incest on which I wouldn't argue the grossness) should not be so frowned upon, I don't care whether they're brothers, sisters, cousins or not. Especially when there's such a small age difference and when the intercourse happened for both at a somewhat reasonable age, for what we know at least.

And no I'm not 12 if that's what you were implying. I'm just trying to understand the why of it, and for some reason you're here picturing me as some sort of troll when I've shown no disrespect at all to anyone.

Prowler
03-10-2010, 08:33 PM
i would have incested brooke hogan

Don Vito
03-10-2010, 08:34 PM
It is his sister...no explanation should be needed as to why it is so ****** up.

LonghornsLegend
03-10-2010, 08:38 PM
I don't really see that reason, other than it's a big taboo for some reason I can't explain myself. I don't understand why people are so put off by that. Granted I don't have a sister nor a brother, but why it is such a big deal is so beyond me. If it's consensual, of course, now if not THAT is disgusting. But for me that two people that love/like eachother enough to engage in consensual sexuality, if the two people concerned know what are the possible ramifications and are aware of what sex actually means (which excludes most parent/child incest on which I wouldn't argue the grossness) should not be so frowned upon, I don't care whether they're brothers, sisters, cousins or not. Especially when there's such a small age difference and when the intercourse happened for both at a somewhat reasonable age, for what we know at least.

And no I'm not 12 if that's what you were implying. I'm just trying to understand the why of it, and for some reason you're here picturing me as some sort of troll when I've shown no disrespect at all to anyone.

So if you wanted to **** your mom, and she was down with it, it must be cool right? I mean it's consensual so why not? Who cares that your ******* a family member.

I can't believe you can just shrug this off because it was consensual and they were close in age, LOL. If you need someone to explain it to you, then I honestly feel sorry for you and hope you don't find any of your cousins attractive since you obviously don't care about family members having sex.

Job
03-10-2010, 08:46 PM
So if you wanted to **** your mom, and she was down with it, it must be cool right? I mean it's consensual so why not? Who cares that your ******* a family member.

I can't believe you can just shrug this off because it was consensual and they were close in age, LOL. If you need someone to explain it to you, then I honestly feel sorry for you and hope you don't find any of your cousins attractive since you obviously don't care about family members having sex.

Sweet argument, you have me convinced.

And why so aggresive?

Cicero
03-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Sweet argument, you have me convinced. Why so aggresive?

He basically summed up your argument.

Prowler
03-10-2010, 08:50 PM
in Job's defense. sister isn't the same as mother. mother is unacceptable. the order of acceptability is stranger/friend/best friend/gf/spouse/cousin/sister/mother/grandma. sister is going farther than most people go(i would probably stop at slutty supermodel cousin), but the dude is 6'6" 311lbs so i'm guessing his options were pretty limited. thank god it was consensual. (or at least reported that way)

Stranger
03-10-2010, 08:53 PM
in Job's defense. sister isn't the same as mother. mother is unacceptable. the order of acceptability is stranger/friend/best friend/gf/spouse/cousin/sister/mother/grandma. sister is going farther than most people go(i would probably stop at slutty supermodel cousin), but the dude is 6'6" 311lbs so i'm guessing his options were pretty limited. thank god it was consensual. (or at least reported that way)

How does girlfriend and spouse fall so far down the list?

Cicero
03-10-2010, 08:54 PM

The less strings attached the better. :rolleyes:

BRAVEHEART
03-10-2010, 08:54 PM

More importantly, why are you 1st on the list?

Prowler
03-10-2010, 08:55 PM
do people have more sex with their wives or their girlfriends? same with strangers....which sorry i just noticed your name.

Job
03-10-2010, 08:56 PM

And since I hadn't answered, if someone wanted it and if it wasn't a result of the mother's authority/influence/whatcha call it, no, I wouldn't see a problem with it. But that gets a hell of a lot more complicated/touchy which is basically why I had even clarified that in my post.

TonyGfortheTD
03-10-2010, 08:56 PM
She just thinks his tractors sexy guys

Prowler
03-10-2010, 08:58 PM
after some of these comments i'd have to alter it to job/braveheart/stranger/stranger/friend/girlfriend/etc

Cicero
03-10-2010, 09:00 PM
And since I hadn't answered, if someone wanted it and if it wasn't a result of the mother's authority/influence/whatcha call it, no, I wouldn't see a problem with it. But that gets a hell of a lot more complicated/touchy which is basically why I had even clarified that in my post.

I don't even think I can argue with you about this issue if you find it morally acceptable to have sex with your own mother...

niel89
03-10-2010, 09:02 PM
I don't even think I can argue with you about this issue if you find it morally acceptable to have sex with your own mother...

Word. We just have a fundamental difference in what is acceptable from him.

Stranger
03-10-2010, 09:04 PM
More importantly, why are you 1st on the list?

I should be the first on anybody's list.

Job
03-10-2010, 09:05 PM

To me it is kinda morally acceptable, only under certain circumstances that are too touchy, or too difficult to have a clear view on, to be socially acceptable. Now yeah that would kinda gross even me out a little bit, but I wouldn't flame the guy for it either.

Prowler
03-10-2010, 09:06 PM
texas isn't exactly the best place to be trying for any kind of social revolution of that kind

wogitalia
03-10-2010, 09:18 PM
I wonder what your views are on an 18 year old with say a 12 year old Job.

I see no "real" problem with it other than that it goes against societal views, which change with time, I mean an 18 year old girl was basically seen as spoiled in ancient times.

As for family... other than the biological reasons there is no good reason not to, again, other than societal views as well. Check out the royal families in Europe, as recent as the 1800s it was perfectly acceptable.

Just to get it straight, I sure as hell wouldn't do any of the above, but I agree in a way with Job as to what is so incomprehensible or even reprehensible about it. There is also the legal element in many places to also consider but again, the legality is based more on societal than any real reason. It's actually a kind of interesting topic.

I also fail to see it as a red flag, just seems no different or worse to guys who have sex with someone who is underage by law(say a 16 year old with a 15 year old). I've always found that a funny law, at least in Australia. Two 15 year olds can have consensual sex but the day that one of them turns 16 that becomes rape, like that one day suddenly changed things.

Rosebud
03-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Sec. 25.02. PROHIBITED SEXUAL CONDUCT. (a) An individual commits an offense if he engages in sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse with a person he knows to be, without regard to legitimacy:

(1) his ancestor or descendant by blood or adoption;
(2) his stepchild or stepparent, while the marriage creating that relationship exists;
(3) his parent’s brother or sister of the whole or half blood;
(4) his brother or sister of the whole or half blood or by adoption; or
(5) the children of his brother or sister of the whole or half blood or by adoption.
(b) For purposes of this section:
(1) “Deviate sexual intercourse” means any contact between the genitals of one person and the mouth or anus of another person with intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person.
(2) “Sexual intercourse” means any penetration of the female sex organ by the male sex organ.
(c) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree.

So is contact between the genitals of one person and the mouth or anus of another person acceptable in Texas so long as you're not trying to get one another off?

I see no "real" problem with it other than that it goes against societal views, which change with time, I mean an 18 year old girl was basically seen as spoiled in ancient times.

As for family... other than the biological reasons there is no good reason not to, again, other than societal views as well. Check out the royal families in Europe, as recent as the 1800s it was perfectly acceptable.

Just to get it straight, I sure as hell wouldn't do any of the above, but I agree in a way with Job as to what is so incomprehensible or even reprehensible about it. There is also the legal element in many places to also consider but again, the legality is based more on societal than any real reason. It's actually a kind of interesting topic.

I also fail to see it as a red flag, just seems no different or worse to guys who have sex with someone who is underage by law(say a 16 year old with a 15 year old). I've always found that a funny law, at least in Australia. Two 15 year olds can have consensual sex but the day that one of them turns 16 that becomes rape, like that one day suddenly changed things.

It worked very well for those Europian royal families as they became more sickly, crippled and unfit to live and rule with every iteration.

I think it's nasty but I have a little sister who I'm protective of, for someone else with a different sibling relationship this could be different. I mean each one of us would love to hook up with twins yet they're having an incestuous relationship. So are we really that anti-incest to begin with?

I think the main reason in opposition to incest is it's not the healthiest decision, for a species getting fatter, lazier and dumber already we don't need to add inbred to that list. That's why we've evolved a repulsion to the idea, because from an evolution perspective it's bad for the gene pool and bad for the species.

Job
03-10-2010, 09:49 PM

Basically the same as my views on parent/child. Based on myself, I was curious and would have been okay with sex at an age even younger than that, but most kids probably aren't and their mental state at this kind of age is much too difficult to evaluate, IMO, to deem it acceptable. It gets more complicated than that, but I don't wish to pursue on the subject on these boards as it is a lot too taboo and probably falls in the same line as political/religion debates.

Anyone knows why/when it changed the last time? I'd be curious to know the historical part of it.

I think the biological problems only come following a very long period of same-family bloodlines, caused by a lack of hereditary "variance". This shouldn't get in the way of the rare case in which two family members love eachother even beyond having sex sometimes. I might be wrong on that though.

Interesting topic indeed, but the legality aspect of it I think can sadly not be discussed much due to forum rules. :/

YAYareaRB
03-10-2010, 10:06 PM

I'm pretty sure theres guys in the league with specific jobs to dig this kinda stuff up around this time. You know, run background checks and whatnot

wogitalia
03-10-2010, 10:15 PM
I think the biological problems only come following a very long period of same-family bloodlines, caused by a lack of hereditary "variance". This shouldn't get in the way of the rare case in which two family members love eachother even beyond having sex sometimes. I might be wrong on that though.

I think you are wrong there. I think breeding between brothers and sisters in humans will very quickly kill off that family with the diseases and physical deformities that it leads to. The more distant the longer. Check the Hapsburg dynasty in Spain, I remember reading on that one that by the time of the last member of the family's death there had been so much inbreeding that his parents that were actual cousins shared genetic makeup as though they were brother and sister.

I also think that is the main issue. The legality I think is closely related to that and further influenced by societal views on what is and isn't acceptable.

So is contact between the genitals of one person and the mouth or anus of another person acceptable in Texas so long as you're not trying to get one another off?

Yay for Texas law approving teabagging of a family member!

It worked very well for those Europian royal families as they became more sickly, crippled and unfit to live and rule with every iteration.

Yeah, see my above point. Though to be honest, I think it becomes a question of sex for recreational and biological purposes. I do have a problem with inbreeding. That is, incestual relationships with the intent of producing offspring as there are obvious biological reasons to not do it. I question however if there is anything wrong with recreational sex between them.

For instance, I would not intentionally reproduce with a ginger, my fair complexion combined with their ginger genes could produce a genuine ginger child, which I have no interest in. That wont stop me from having sex with a hot ginger if I saw one(this may be more of the issue here ;) ).

I think it's nasty but I have a little sister who I'm protective of, for someone else with a different sibling relationship this could be different. I mean each one of us would love to hook up with twins yet they're having an incestuous relationship. So are we really that anti-incest to begin with?

I have a little sister also and I have no interest in sleeping with her and certainly reproducing. So I feel you there. I also totally agree on the twin example. The idea of a threesome with twins is just so awesome and a blatant promotion of incest right?

I think the main reason in opposition to incest is it's not the healthiest decision, for a species getting fatter, lazier and dumber already we don't need to add inbred to that list. That's why we've evolved a repulsion to the idea, because from an evolution perspective it's bad for the gene pool and bad for the species.

I see two points to this. Firstly the aforementioned recreational part. Is it as bad if there is no intention to reproduce and all measures are taken to ensure that doesn't happen.

Secondly, how far does this stray from Darwinism at work. Is not incestuous relationships just a sign of mates that perhaps do not offer the strongest genes for the race and the inherent failures their combinations will create just the weaker strains of the species breeding out? In some sick twisted way, should we not be encouraging those prone to this behaviour to go ahead and breed themselves completely out of the gene pool as they were unable to wooh a more preferable mate? Food for thought there, as someone who thinks we already do too much to promote the survival of weak and stupid parts of the species I for one have no real problem with those that choose to breed out so to speak.

Basically the same as my views on parent/child. Based on myself, I was curious and would have been okay with sex at an age even younger than that, but most kids probably aren't and their mental state at this kind of age is much too difficult to evaluate, IMO, to deem it acceptable. It gets more complicated than that, but I don't wish to pursue on the subject on these boards as it is a lot too taboo and probably falls in the same line as political/religion debates.

I think that is the issue. Does a sexually mature 12 year old change the view I guess. Agree on the taboo nature. It is something that is illegal in most societies, especially more developed ones but still an interesting thing.

Anyone knows why/when it changed the last time? I'd be curious to know the historical part of it.

I have no idea when it last changed, I'm guessing there are medical reasons at least partially behind it. I remember reading that males peak sexually as teenagers so in ways there is actual reasons to support "underage" sex. I know longer life expectancies and better knowledge of reproductive organs and procedures would be partially behind the change as well as better birthing procedures, women's rights would also have to be behind part of it. You married a young girl who was expected to give birth to many children and heirs and raise them to the point where sons could help work and daughters could be married off for financial and political gain. If you had a 13 year old wife she had much longer to achieve these aims, especially when life expectancies were close to 40 than 80.

All that said I cant name a specific date it changed, perhaps look into the constitution of statutory rape laws for an indicator as these would most likely be related to societal opinions changing.

K Train
03-10-2010, 10:18 PM
all those laws start "his" thats ******* bs lol

Rosebud
03-10-2010, 10:24 PM
I don't trust people to keep recreational sex from becoming reproductive sex, too many cretins around. Thus I don't think even recreational incestuous sex is a good idea.

As for you're argument about breeding out weaker traits that presumes that we would let them die off. More than like Bono would have a concert on the behalf of some charity that gets set up to support the ******** inbreds. If we did that'd be sweet and the world would be a better place, whatever the **** that means, but people won't let that happen.

Job
03-10-2010, 10:31 PM
I think you are wrong there. I think breeding between brothers and sisters in humans will very quickly kill off that family with the diseases and physical deformities that it leads to. The more distant the longer. Check the Hapsburg dynasty in Spain, I remember reading on that one that by the time of the last member of the family's death there had been so much inbreeding that his parents that were actual cousins shared genetic makeup as though they were brother and sister.

I also think that is the main issue. The legality I think is closely related to that and further influenced by societal views on what is and isn't acceptable.

Didn't that dinasty span like over 300 years? I'd qualify that as quite a long time. As I said, on one occasion, I really doubt it would have such a great effect. Now, of course, repeating it a couple of generations in a row would be risky, but how often would it happen outside of lunatic families who would do it for their greater blood or some ******** like that?

Secondly, how far does this stray from Darwinism at work. Is not incestuous relationships just a sign of mates that perhaps do not offer the strongest genes for the race and the inherent failures their combinations will create just the weaker strains of the species breeding out? In some sick twisted way, should we not be encouraging those prone to this behaviour to go ahead and breed themselves completely out of the gene pool as they were unable to wooh a more preferable mate? Food for thought there, as someone who thinks we already do too much to promote the survival of weak and stupid parts of the species I for one have no real problem with those that choose to breed out so to speak.

While I somewhat agree with the Darwinism ideology that we should let the dumb/weak breed out, I don't think that it would apply to every person who engages in incest. Afterall, you can't choose what arouses you, and if it happens to be your sister, it doesn't make of you a weaker/dumber being.

BRAVEHEART
03-10-2010, 10:36 PM
this is getting sort of deep&OT. Dude just did his sister...

Monomach
03-10-2010, 11:02 PM
So if you wanted to **** your mom, and she was down with it, it must be cool right? I mean it's consensual so why not? Who cares that your ******* a family member.Pfft. You just don't understand because your mom isn't hot enough!

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s235/revmyspace2/graphics/Misc/Funny/9_funny_got_milf.jpg

You could have saved a lot of space by just saying "lolHabsburgs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_II_of_Spain)."

wogitalia
03-11-2010, 12:26 AM
Didn't that dinasty span like over 300 years? I'd qualify that as quite a long time. As I said, on one occasion, I really doubt it would have such a great effect. Now, of course, repeating it a couple of generations in a row would be risky, but how often would it happen outside of lunatic families who would do it for their greater blood or some ******** like that?

Yeah but they were also primarily cousins and nieces/nephews rather than direct siblings(I say primarily because there could be brother/sisters in there somewhere) and they were getting pretty ****** up for the last 150 or so years. Basically they have an incredible amount of stillbirths and the like, even for that day and age. Their inbreeding certainly weakened their genetic pool.

I don't trust people to keep recreational sex from becoming reproductive sex, too many cretins around. Thus I don't think even recreational incestuous sex is a good idea.

I agree with that in today's society and it is probably the major reason for the laws against it. Basically no faith in peoples ability to see reason.

As for you're argument about breeding out weaker traits that presumes that we would let them die off. More than like Bono would have a concert on the behalf of some charity that gets set up to support the ******** inbreds. If we did that'd be sweet and the world would be a better place, whatever the **** that means, but people won't let that happen.

+rep because I lol at this comment and how alarmingly accurate it is... political correctness at work again.

While I somewhat agree with the Darwinism ideology that we should let the dumb/weak breed out, I don't think that it would apply to every person who engages in incest. Afterall, you can't choose what arouses you, and if it happens to be your sister, it doesn't make of you a weaker/dumber being.

I like to think more that if you are reduced to that in today's society then something went wrong, essentially you don't have the requisite skills to attract a better mating partner. Plus, credit to their genetics if an inbred child can come out normal and stronger.

FlyingElvis
03-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Not necessarily, some states the age is 16.

Doesn't matter the age, once registered, always registered. If you get tried as an adult for pissing in public and convicted you're a sex offender for life and on the list. In short it doesn't matter the age or the crime; if it counts in any way as a sex crime, and you're tried as an adult (possibly as a kid as well, not sure on that part), you're going on the list for life.
He was 16 and she was 15. And my point was simply that any decent lawyer would have ensured this kid would not have been forced to become lifetime member of the sex offender roles.

Am I the only one who feels sad for this guy? Bad enough that he has to live what what he did, but you know he probably get's stuff from his peers or anyone around him constantly.

Nope. I do, as well. There has to be some seriously messed up family history involved. Without knowing the true story I'll err on the side of caution and just assume neither of them knew any better and the fubar family system is the reason it lead to them having sex and ending up standing trial in some fashion.

yourfavestoner
03-11-2010, 10:43 AM
For instance, I would not intentionally reproduce with a ginger, my fair complexion combined with their ginger genes could produce a genuine ginger child, which I have no interest in. That wont stop me from having sex with a hot ginger if I saw one(this may be more of the issue here ;) ).

Have sex with a hot ginger. Trust me, they are the best.

ToldLikeItIs
03-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Later Lick

Gingers suck

SKim172
03-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Incestuous reproduction between half-siblings will see visible genetic decline within two generations. I imagine direct siblings would be even more difficult.

Job, I completely disagree with you. It's beyond a matter of taboo - it's absolutely immoral. I believe that it is impossible for direct family to find one another sexually attractive. Given the right set of circumstances, however, psychological symptoms may lead to a person confusing or conflating a certain emotional response with sexual attraction. It's why you see so many guys marrying girls that remind them of their mothers. It's not an incestuous impulse, it's because the girl reminds them of the strongly positive emotions they associate with their mothers and failing to identify that emotion leads them to make tragic decisions once, two months after the wedding, they remember they hate their mothers.

However, that's my belief. And I happen to believe that there exists a universal moral standard. In order to convince you of my belief, I would have to convince you of universal morality if you don't believe in one and to reshape your moral standard, which is clearly far different from mine, if you do.

That can't happen in just a few words and certainly not over the internet. And I have absolutely no interest in investing myself in such an effort. And I doubt you want to hear it. You're not asking a question, you're making a statement. Message received.

cajuncorey
03-11-2010, 02:25 PM

hahaha i completly agree LOL

FUNBUNCHER
03-11-2010, 02:37 PM
My, my, my.....this odd thread about a prospect took a really bizarre turn!!

Job....TOO MUCH INFORMATION!

Don't forget, strange is BEST!

villagewarrior
03-11-2010, 02:55 PM
So I read in a draft magazine I picked up that Mr Washington dropped out of high school football after his freshman year because of the birth of his 1st child (1st which means he has more now), and then the deal with his sister? Sounds like he's got a case of Tigeritis.

K Train
03-11-2010, 02:59 PM
i still wanna know how this all got out, who told on him...his sister? lol

yourfavestoner
03-11-2010, 03:33 PM
i still wanna know how this all got out, who told on him...his sister? lol

Where everything leaks out at this time of year: from the teams conducting the interviews.

Since it is a criminal case that he was convicted of, all of this is public information.

Here's his listing on familywatchdog.us
http://familywatchdog.us/ViewOffenderDetails.asp?oID=TX9711140&aID=&at=1&sid={C999E2E2-AC6A-45B6-B530-A61C39ED31BE}&sp=1&nm=

Or are you talking about how it got out in the first place?

K Train
03-11-2010, 03:36 PM
first place, like how did he become a sex offender if it was consensual and she didnt....

even if its gross i think its bs that he has to be a sex offender because hes a guy but shes not and they were both underaged? i dont get it

Job
03-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Job, I completely disagree with you. It's beyond a matter of taboo - it's absolutely immoral.

Things once considered immoral :
- Sex before marriage
- Anal sex
- *** people
- Black people
- Someone who spoke to black people
- Women speaking their minds
- etc.

I believe that it is impossible for direct family to find one another sexually attractive.

Yet it happens a hell of a lot more frequently than most are willing to admit.

yourfavestoner
03-11-2010, 04:24 PM
first place, like how did he become a sex offender if it was consensual and she didnt....

even if its gross i think its bs that he has to be a sex offender because hes a guy but shes not and they were both underaged? i dont get it

We don't know if she did or not. For all we know, she very well could be a registered sex offender as well.

iowatreat54
03-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Even if it's consensual, it can still be statutory rape if the other person is under a certain age.

Just because someone gives their consent, by law in most states, doesn't mean it's ok if they are a certain age. Usually it's like 15 and under.

SKim172
03-11-2010, 05:46 PM
I would assume that the girl was also registered as a sex offender once she reached 18. Someone who knows the state law might be able to provide more detail. It's possible that she was under a specific age threshold and so she was not registered.

- Sex before marriage
- Anal sex
- *** people
- Black people
- etc.

This is a slippery slope, because the continuation of this logic to its ultimate end is to conclude that nothing is immoral. And I would suggest that there are things that you also would consider "wrong."

I'm assuming you're merely trying to tell me that I can't be 100% certain that my moral standards are correct. I agree with that statement - my personal morality is certainly not infallible or unchangeable. Hence my choice of the term "belief," rather than "knowledge." I can't be absolutely certain, but I have to draw the line somewhere.

Morton
03-11-2010, 05:50 PM
He'd be great for the Steelers. Roethlisberger and this guy could swap stories about rape and incest!

LonghornsLegend
03-11-2010, 05:58 PM
- Sex before marriage
- Anal sex
- *** people
- Black people
- etc.

Yet it happens a hell of a lot more frequently than most are willing to admit.

Have you ever thought about, or had sex with a close family member? You seem to be defending the topic as if this is hitting pretty close to home. I originally thought you were joking, but I can't figure out why you think it's ok to screw family members if it's consensual. Which basically leads me to believe if you meet someone and know your related, you won't care as long as their hot and their down for it too.

Saints-Tigers
03-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Buh, the thought sickens me, but if family members wanna ****, that's on them, not me.

*** sex grosses me out too, but IDC if peopledo it, it's not my business.

Job
03-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Have you ever thought about, or had sex with a close family member? You seem to be defending the topic as if this is hitting pretty close to home. I originally thought you were joking, but I can't figure out why you think it's ok to screw family members if it's consensual. Which basically leads me to believe if you meet someone and know your related, you won't care as long as their hot and their down for it too.

Pretty much.

BRAVEHEART
03-11-2010, 08:48 PM
wait...what?

Supporting Caste
03-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Wow. This thread is almost as ****** up as Washington. But much funnier.

senormysterioso
03-11-2010, 10:05 PM
incest is a crime! he's a sex offender because he was 17 and could be tried as an adult. She was only 15 so her record would have been expunged when she hit 18.

I know everybody makes mistakes...but damn, I wouldn't touch this guy with a 500 foot pole.

BaLLiN
03-11-2010, 10:36 PM
to Job:

I guess its just a moral thing that people don't become involved intimately with family because of the deformities in offspring, the inappropriateness in society which hardly ever sees incest families and finds it wrong not only because its different but because it violates religious views.

Its kindof ironic however that most people generally find people who look like themselves more attractive and studies on psychology have found ties of DNA into behavioral nature so family members also act similarly. So really its easier to find someone who looks like you and acts like you more attractive.

I'm not going to lie, i have 21 cousins, i have thought some of them were very cute, but i have never thought anything sexual of them. That could be attributed to society's impact on people, and/or natural moral.

Brodeur
03-11-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm with Job here (and yes I have a sister and no I would never do anything remotely sexual with her). No one really knows the situation and given the closeness of their ages at the time, it's very possible they were in a tough place and were seeking counsel in one another. If they were sexually attracted to each other at the time, then so be it.

They are apparently on good terms and passed it so it's not like it matters. Honestly, there is no way this should be a character concern. I'd consider Clausen's personality far more of a detriment to a team than what Tony Washington did in the past.

TonyGfortheTD
03-11-2010, 10:56 PM
I'd consider Clausen's personality far more of a detriment to a team than what Tony Washington did in the past.
I too would put a bigger red flag on someone who supposedly acts like a douche over someone convicted of a sex crime that will be a huge PR nightmare for the team I work on.

Brown Leader
03-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Maby I missed it but i haven't heard anyone speak to whether or not this is a biological sister or not-That's a HUGE difference.

steelernation77
03-12-2010, 12:33 AM
This moral relativism is getting out of hand. Incest leads to deformities. It's disgusting and wrong.

Now I'm sure Tony Washington "had lots of reasons to turn out this way," but if I'm a team I don't want anything to do with him.

This topic made me think of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHwOHesxiBM

Paranoidmoonduck
03-12-2010, 12:45 AM
*Sigh*

The line commonly drawn between interbreeding and congenital birth defects is not entirely wrong, but fairly mistaken. In many cases is can lead to a decrease in the possibility of homozygous gene which would cause some sort of problem. Besides, it's a rather strange argument to use considering she didn't get pregnant.

The reason people react this way is because incest is simply a culture-wide taboo. Tony Washington is from our culture, was raised in this culture, and could not have been ignorant of this, so it seems rather ****** that he'd do something like this. No matter what the mitigating circumstances, this is going to strike most of us strangely.

But, by all mean, let's make a big deal about this.

Job
03-12-2010, 01:54 AM
This is a slippery slope, because the continuation of this logic to its ultimate end is to conclude that nothing is immoral. And I would suggest that there are things that you also would consider "wrong."

My basis for immorality pretty much begins where the rights of at least one person amongst those concerned are not respected. It is both consistent with my view on incest and consistent with those comparisons I've made. And, as importantly, it does stop somewhere.

Assuming both parties are okay with it (and, for the sake of covering all grounds, assuming no mutant kids are made out of it), there's no wrong or harm done to anyone in the whole story, which leads to me doubting of the immorality.

Don Vito
03-12-2010, 02:04 AM
But he ****** his sister and that just isn't supposed to happen. As far as I'm concerned, nothing more needs to be said. That is enough information for me to realize that there is something wrong with this kid.

Don't know how you could attempt to justify this.

wicket
03-12-2010, 02:24 AM
i have a couple of comment:
- gross (not in the sense of jordan but in the sense of disgusting)
- I wanna see pics of his sis
- If you have a threesome with the olsen twins(or any other pair) are those two twins also guilty of incest. If so I should look out where im going to do that.

Prowler
03-12-2010, 05:19 AM
i have a couple of comment:
- gross (not in the sense of jordan but in the sense of disgusting)
- I wanna see pics of his sis
- If you have a threesome with the olsen twins(or any other pair) are those two twins also guilty of incest. If so I should look out where im going to do that.

twins don't count as guilty. they are a recent exception to the rule. incest is bad due to public perception, however public perception of doing twins is acceptable. they are in a gray area, and may be looked down upon by others, but they aren't full blown incest.

its kind of like being the only mechanic in town. when a car breaks down you're expected to get out of bed and fix it. well if you're in a set of hot twins then you're expected to do the occasional threesome.

Bengalsrocket
03-12-2010, 07:07 AM
twins don't count as guilty. they are a recent exception to the rule. incest is bad due to public perception, however public perception of doing twins is acceptable. they are in a gray area, and may be looked down upon by others, but they aren't full blown incest.

its kind of like being the only mechanic in town. when a car breaks down you're expected to get out of bed and fix it. well if you're in a set of hot twins then you're expected to do the occasional threesome.

I like how, logically, your analogy doesn't really make sense. But due to my own desire of a threesome with twins I really want to rationalize the difference.

GoRavens
03-12-2010, 07:22 AM
anyone that smashes their sister must be really really horny..
and stupid..
and creepy..

FlyingElvis
03-12-2010, 09:10 AM
I'm with Job here (and yes I have a sister and no I would never do anything remotely sexual with her). No one really knows the situation and given the closeness of their ages at the time, it's very possible they were in a tough place and were seeking counsel in one another. If they were sexually attracted to each other at the time, then so be it.

They are apparently on good terms and passed it so it's not like it matters. Honestly, there is no way this should be a character concern. I'd consider Clausen's personality far more of a detriment to a team than what Tony Washington did in the past.

This is really the only reasonable justification I can see. It's entirely possible, and even likely, that these two kids were in a bad situation w/absent or terrible parenting. A terrible environment could lead them to have a very unhealthy relationship where the only people they trust are each other.

We just don't have the details about their respective lives, environment and upbringing to make a judgement call, imo. It looks like perhaps they really didn't know any better. In which case, the expectation would be that now they do know better and this type of thing is no longer a character concern. Drafting Washington does not mean you're drafting the 16 year old version of him - which is how old he was when he slept with his 15 year old sister. You're drafting the 24 year old version, and it's the team's job to determine if this guy is any different now than he was then. Judging by his 6 or 7 years of trouble free living, I'd guess he is different now.

bitonti
03-12-2010, 09:55 AM
the NFL is full of deeply flawed individuals.

he will fit right in.

FlyingElvis
03-12-2010, 10:15 AM
the NFL is full of deeply flawed individuals.

he will fit right in.

Ain't that the truth.

Tony Washington
04-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Ain't that the truth.

Couldn't agree more.

YAYareaRB
04-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Couldn't agree more.

hahahahhahaha

Addict
04-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Couldn't agree more.

Okay I lol'd.

killxswitch
04-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Couldn't agree more.

I love this time of year when people start making prospect accounts.

critesy
04-20-2010, 01:44 PM
lmfao ahaha, literally lol'd.

Brodeur
04-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Tony Washington being the first prospect account for this draft is........different.

Addict
04-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Tony Washington being the first prospect account for this draft is........different.

I would have expected tebow.

killxswitch
04-26-2010, 01:37 PM
So did anyone pick up Tony Washington? Character concerns aside he seemed like a pretty solid prospect.

wicket
04-26-2010, 01:40 PM
So did anyone pick up Tony Washington? Character concerns aside he seemed like a pretty solid prospect.

his sister, didnt you hear?

FlyingElvis
04-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Undrafted . . . I guess I shouldn't be surprised b/c that would just be a pita for a team, what with all the people who would show up to protest if you brought the kid into camp.

He'll UFDA somewhere, I would think. That's an awful lot of talent for 32 teams to pass up, but we'll see, I guess.

JHasley10
04-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Couldn't agree more.

i vote this POST OF THE YEAR.

omg i spit out my water from the laughter !!!!! ++++++++++++++++++++++++ rep if i could

K Train
04-26-2010, 03:01 PM

idk if this constitutes as a character concern...he seems like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders just tryin to make it now, that shits gonna haunt him for the rest of his life.

i dont know why people would show up to protest, he didnt rape his sister, he didnt kill her, he didnt have a child with her. he ****** up and so did she. the whole thing is just really a shame and i have very little sympathy for anyone ever

FlyingElvis
04-26-2010, 03:17 PM
idk if this constitutes as a character concern...he seems like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders just tryin to make it now, that shits gonna haunt him for the rest of his life.

i dont know why people would show up to protest, he didnt rape his sister, he didnt kill her, he didnt have a child with her. he ****** up and so did she. the whole thing is just really a shame and i have very little sympathy for anyone ever

I completely agree with you.

But people would show up to protest b/c they have no ability for logical thought. That's just what the sheeple do.

brasho
04-27-2010, 01:00 PM
As of today, Washington still hasn't been picked up.

Here's the thing, perhaps he's a bit mental...or was. He had a terrible life, I'm not excusing nor suggesting that at the age of 16 I would have ever thought of my sister as anything other than an ugly pain-in-the-butt, but he was only 16 and we've all done some incredibly dumb, but probably not this disgusting, things when we were his age.

It is true that it is not socially acceptable to so stuff like this, but we aren't so far removed from: The Royal Family's Keeping it in the Family Policy, the Peacock Family, and the term "kissing cousins" had to come from somewhere in this nation's history (West Virginia, most likely).

All I'm saying is, perhaps this guy is in a different place now, perhaps he has beaten his sickness. If he has, I wouldn't mind the Bucs bringing him in to battle Trueblood at RT or Zuttah at LG... I think he could win a spot... I mean we at least know this guy would stop at nothing to get what he wants... ewwww!

GoRavens
04-27-2010, 01:28 PM
he should go play up north for a year or two.

Job
04-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Yeah. We're more open minded up here.

Pryme
04-27-2010, 06:47 PM
I've seen fans from nearly every team saying that he'd be a good pick up and they want their team to pick him up. The ability is evident and fans see that. It really shows how much this incident is affecting him that no NFL executive has taken a chance on him yet. It's really a shame.

Addict
04-27-2010, 06:49 PM

the thing htat is holding back most teams is they don't want a registered sex offender on their payroll, no matter what the story. Shallow as that may be, I thnk htat's the big problem.

YAYareaRB
04-27-2010, 06:49 PM
He should go play for the UFL

RealityCheck
04-27-2010, 06:51 PM
I've always wondered that.

Pryme
04-27-2010, 06:55 PM
the thing htat is holding back most teams is they don't want a registered sex offender on their payroll, no matter what the story. Shallow as that may be, I thnk htat's the big problem.

I agree with your assessment. He might not be given a chance at all.

brasho
04-27-2010, 08:06 PM

It isn't the hardcore (football that is) fans that would be upset. it would be the women's groups, the casual fans, perhaps even religious groups that would be opposed to it. If it were possible (and it isn't) for the player to come into town, get discreetly signed by a team and not have a reporter post a cover story on the subject, I'm sure he'd have been drafted late. But right now no GM or coach wants to be linked with a sex offender. You have to admit, both he and his sis were consented and equally sick... in some way that is better than Roethlisberger or Cecil "The Sleeper Creeper" Collins are/were.

THat darn Roethlisberger, with all of his raping now a good old-fashioned practicer of incest can't even get a job.

YAYareaRB
04-27-2010, 08:44 PM
am I alone here when I say I wanna see a picture of his sister?

cajuncorey
04-27-2010, 09:10 PM

I WOULD BRO!

wicket
04-28-2010, 04:28 PM

I second this motion

YAYareaRB
04-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Here here.. Bestow this heavily sought after picture upon us

cajuncorey
04-28-2010, 06:48 PM
I second this motion

i just did homie! ur thirded it

TitanHope
04-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Here you guys go. Enjoy!

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3425/mswashington.jpg

marshallb
04-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Here you guys go. Enjoy!

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3425/mswashington.jpg

I can see why he did her then. jk lol
That tattoo on her chest is a bit interesting.

Scotty D
08-28-2010, 05:40 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5497517

ESPN does an update on Tony Washington, he explains the details behind everything.

wicket
08-28-2010, 08:06 AM

ESPN does an update on Tony Washington, he explains the details behind everything.

thanks for posting that, very good read, answered one of my big questions about this in how the f*** did the story get out.

phlysac
08-28-2010, 08:30 AM
Fantastic read.

Interesting that he plays for an Arena League team and there was ZERO uproar about it.

The irony is that his name isn't listed on their roster, however.

wicket
08-28-2010, 08:57 AM
Fantastic read.

Interesting that he plays for an Arena League team and there was ZERO uproar about it.

The irony is that his name isn't listed on their roster, however.

prolly gets paid in cash to keep it out of the books ;)

killxswitch
08-28-2010, 09:55 AM
This kid's story is a tragedy. The people forming the structure around this case should be ashamed of themselves. Scumbags like Jerramy Stevens are in the league but Washington can't be because of an unfair label and a bad upbringing.

LonghornsLegend
08-28-2010, 10:21 AM
This kid's story is a tragedy. The people forming the structure around this case should be ashamed of themselves. Scumbags like Jerramy Stevens are in the league but Washington can't be because of an unfair label and a bad upbringing.

Well when someone says he banged his sister, I don't really think that's considered an unfair label, it's true.

phlysac
08-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Well when someone says he banged his sister, I don't really think that's considered an unfair label, it's true.

Yes, it's true, but the stigma is from he being a Registered Sex Offender. Those 3 words don't lend themselves to understanding it was a consensual encounter.

steelernation77
08-28-2010, 10:44 AM
I feel bad for him. When kids are sexually abused it can really mess them up, and it sounds like that's Washington's case. It appears he has put himself back together, but he still can't escape what really ended up being a victimless crime. I honestly would not care if the Steelers picked him up, especially with our lack of OL depth. Of course we won't because of the whole Ben thing. Although I think one could reasonably argue that Ben was worse.

cajuncorey
08-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Yeah this is garbage how the legal system is screwing him over

LonghornsLegend
08-28-2010, 10:48 AM

Thanks for the post, it really was sad he didn't get drafted being that he's really not a bad kid, and you hate to think about guys like JR who get 30 million and blow it on ********, yet he's struggling to buy the little things and a 7th round, or FA contract would mean the world to him.

Hopefully he sticks at it though and someone wants to give him a shot eventually. Really unfortunate the whole situation.

Yes, it's true, but the stigma is from he being a Registered Sex Offender. Those 3 words don't lend themselves to understanding it was a consensual encounter.

Very true. I knew you had to be posted on a website, but I really didn't know you had to pass out fliers in a 5 mile radius of where you move, I can only imagine the humiliation. I understand why laws like that are put in place, but that would be tough to swallow.

Mr.Regular
08-28-2010, 11:02 AM
I can understand removing him from your draft boards. It's difficult to justify using a pick on a register sex offender, no matter how unfair that label is.
Despite this, it's a little crazy that he never even got an invite to a camp. Guy is talented, is upfront about his issues, and seems to have his life on track. He deserves a chance to prove he can be compatible with his teammates and show off his talents. Doesn't mean mean he has to make the team or anything, but Im surprised he hasn't been given a shot.

bigbluedefense
08-28-2010, 11:13 AM
We hear a sad story every year about a guy who is blackballed from the league.

We had the DE from TCU that was schizo, the muslim RB who's dad was one of the supposed hijackers of 9/11, now this guy.

Every year, somebody gets a label they can't shake. Its an unfortunate reality of the league, and of life in general.

killxswitch
08-28-2010, 12:49 PM

Looks like someone already set you straight but I was obviously referring to the "registered sex offender" label. He is not anywhere near on a level with guys who've raped children.

Guys like Jerramy Stevens (anal rapist, armed robber), Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth (drunk driving murderers), Michael Vick (dog torturer), and others still fluorish in this league even though they are old and/or suck. Yet this guy who was reportedly dominant at the NFL combine at the incredibly important LT position can't even get a camp invite or a roster spot in the UFL. It's hypocritical at best.

Brent
08-28-2010, 03:15 PM
keep in mind he cant leave the state, so he's restricted to Houston or Dallas.

A Perfect Score
08-28-2010, 03:43 PM
As much as I feel for the guy and as awful as a situation that it is in which he finds himself, I can completely understand the lack of opportunities for him in the NFL. Just imagine the impact that bringing someone like that into a locker room could have...could cause all kinds of strife, divisions among players, destroy team chemistry...as nice as it would be to give the kid a chance to play, things like that just cannot happen to a pro locker room. If some guys accept him and some don't, you already have a serious issue on your hands. Its a ****** way to look at the world, but its the nature of things.

phlysac
08-28-2010, 04:50 PM
As much as I feel for the guy and as awful as a situation that it is in which he finds himself, I can completely understand the lack of opportunities for him in the NFL. Just imagine the impact that bringing someone like that into a locker room could have...could cause all kinds of strife, divisions among players, destroy team chemistry...as nice as it would be to give the kid a chance to play, things like that just cannot happen to a pro locker room. If some guys accept him and some don't, you already have a serious issue on your hands. Its a ****** way to look at the world, but its the nature of things.

I agree there is a likelihood of some morality confrontation but I think, perhaps the best way to predict the locker-room dynamic would be to study how the locker room was at Abilene Christian.

The fact that Tony Washington and Bernard Scott shared that locker room makes it one of the most interesting case studies I could possibly think of.

BRAVEHEART
08-28-2010, 05:16 PM
I agree there is a likelihood of some morality confrontation but I think, perhaps the best way to predict the locker-room dynamic would be to study how the locker room was at Abilene Christian.

The fact that Tony Washington and Bernard Scott shared that locker room makes it one of the most interesting case studies I could possibly think of.

This, he was at a highly religious school and nobody had any problems with him. I'm sure he'd fit in, especially where guys like Big Ben (who I think is 10x worse) are doing just fine.

Brodeur
08-28-2010, 05:20 PM
Donte Stallworth kills a guy, and yet this guy can't find a team. Great.

Duffman57
08-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Donte Stallworth kills a guy, and yet this guy can't find a team. Great.

Thats exactly the kind of thing that i thought of.

People have killed guys, pretty much tortured dogs, raped women, and the list goes on, and yet this guy cant get a job.

I dont really understand that.

I think that alot of it is the bad publicity the team would get, but i cant understand why people cant leave the past as the past. He's gotten psychologists to show that he's more than a good human being, and pretty much eveyone thats talked to him has seen that he's a sincerely good guy.

And another thing i would like to add, is just look at how ****** UP his life was. He was highly recruited in HS and then Katrina hit NO and he couldn't play football the next 2 years, so he wasn't able to play. No father, mom never home, in a horrible neighborhood and he got beat up every day trying to avoid gangs. Most people dont make it out of that, or even get close too.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
08-28-2010, 06:38 PM
Stick to the rape/dog torture argument. Stallworths vehicular manslaughter was an accident. Just sayin.

Hurricanes25
08-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Stick to the rape/dog torture argument. Stallworths vehicular manslaughter was an accident. Just sayin.

Accident or not, he still killed an innocent man.

ThePudge
08-28-2010, 07:40 PM
In Stallworth's defense, he said he flashed his lights.

phlysac
08-28-2010, 07:56 PM
In Stallworth's defense, he said he flashed his lights.

and hadn't drank alcohol or smoked weed in at least 4 hours ;)

yourfavestoner
08-29-2010, 01:11 AM

Ok, Colin Cowherd.

Locker room cohesion is one of the most overrated facets in professional sports.

Jimmy
08-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Ok, Colin Cowherd.

Locker room cohesion is one of the most overrated facets in professional sports.

and to be honest, i really dont see this as something that would cause guys to NOT talk to the guy after the first few weeks, let alone hold a grudge against him. if anything, i think you'd see guys simply shy away from him until they got to know him. there wouldnt really be any rookie hazing, they'd just let the kid prove himself. he'd be really alone for the first few days but i know somebody would step up and talk to the kid. i honestly feel like any team who signed him could in some ways actually improve locker room morale. it gives the team a cause to rally around a young guy who is in a really bad situation, and if anything, gives the other 51 guys another teammate that they are going to support on the field. I promise you that the team that picks him up is going to have his back, every player. And here is the interesting part... if a team like the Ravens picked him up, I promise you'd see Ray Lewis step up and have this kids back. Furthermore, I think that if any player on any opposing team **** talked Washington, Lewis (or any big name player not on the ravens) would have Washingtons back and fists would start flying on the field.

So like I said, using that as an example, maybe Washington would give the team that picked him up something to protect or fight for. I feel like who ever picks the kid up is going to make it clear that you do not **** with this kid's past, or you will be hated by every single member of (insert team name)

edit: I think some guys are obviously going to be hardwired to just... never be able to speak to the guy.. but i guess i cant imagine knowing anyone that wouldn't give the kid a chance as a teammate considering his upbringing.

the only true way to handle signing this guy would to call the g.m. down to the locker room when every single player is present and cast an anonymous vote among the players. Not just "yes" or "no" but on a scale of 1-10. That way you get a feel of what guys are really... going to truly hate the guy. You'd probably get a few 2's or 3's but for the most part I think any team wouldn't mind to give the guy a chance. (And it would have to take place after a roster cut, to ensure that the team doesn't feel like Washington coming in means someone else gets cut)

LonghornsLegend
08-29-2010, 12:07 PM

Point still stands, killing a person is what it is. Even if you don't use his situation, Leonard Little's is probably alot worse and he's still playing, and still drinking and driving in his spare time.

Looks like someone already set you straight but I was obviously referring to the "registered sex offender" label. He is not anywhere near on a level with guys who've raped children.

Actually nobody "set me straight" on anything, you saying he gets an unfair label could be viewed as lots of different things and it's not like you specified which label was unfair, unless I was supposed to read your mind.

But even still there are lots of people who have to rock the 'registered sex offender' tags and it's unfair, but it's the law. I know a dude who was 17 and his girlfriend was 16, both in HS, I believe he turned 18 first, and her mom didn't like him and reported him so now he's a sex offender. He has to do basically everything Washington does and be lumped together with child rapist.

Sniper
08-29-2010, 08:39 PM
Ok, Colin Cowherd.

I completely disagree. A house divided against itself cannot stand. Sports may be where this statement shines through the most.

Sniper
08-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Thats exactly the kind of thing that i thought of.

People have killed guys, pretty much tortured dogs, raped women, and the list goes on, and yet this guy cant get a job.

Not everybody is the perfect person in the world. Everyone does -- kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me.