PDA

View Full Version : Drafting a DT/DE

ChefMike
03-10-2010, 02:56 PM
If you had to select a DE/DT at #25 which one would it be and why?

SeanTaylorRIP
03-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Dan Williams, prototype nose who can play effectively in 4 fronts as well. Also Jared Odrick could be a nice pick, he probably would have the versatility to play any spot on the D-line in any front. Arthur Jones for most of the season has been my favorite DE 5 tech prospect, but I don't think his value is good as a first rounder.

ChefMike
03-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Dan Williams, prototype nose who can play effectively in 4 fronts as well. Also Jared Odrick could be a nice pick, he probably would have the versatility to play any spot on the D-line in any front. Arthur Jones for most of the season has been my favorite DE 5 tech prospect, but I don't think his value is good as a first rounder.

I have watched Tenn. games a couple of times this year and I didn't see Dan Williams as that great, but everyone is talking about him being a darkhorse type. What did you see in him that makes you think he would be that versatile??

SeanTaylorRIP
03-10-2010, 03:25 PM
I love his ability to hold ground and extend at the point of attack. You are right on the money if you watched his film sometimes he will take plays off and you won't even notice him. Fat Albert coming from Tennessee definitely helps his image but I think at the least he is a good candidate to be a starting NT and take up blocks, and if you find a way to up his motor and work on consistency he has a shot to be special.

America
03-10-2010, 03:31 PM
I really like Jared Odrick. I like his versatility and he's been productive.

Ravens1991
03-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Gimmee Dan Williams or Ordrick, Williams+Ngata is Goose and Sam adams all over again. I also love Ordrick versatility and quickness, I wont complain w/ either

Ravens1991
03-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Also I dont think we will go after a DE, We got Suggs here for a long time and we just spent a 2nd rounder on Kruger and he cant even dress for a game. IDK if we need another high draft pick player sitting around. I say we go DT if we address the Dline

SeanTaylorRIP
03-10-2010, 03:41 PM
From the poll the top 3 guys on that list are almost assuredly to be gone by pick 25.

bigfreak314
03-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Anybody like Terrence Cody to eventually replace Greg? No way he dogs it with Ray Ray and Harbaugh watching over him

SeanTaylorRIP
03-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Well you'd think that would be the case in college as well with Saban as his coach.

A Perfect Score
03-10-2010, 04:23 PM
This list lacks Jerry Hughes, who I think will be the best 3-4 OLB in this class. That said, I gotta go with Jared Odrick. Hes a prototypical 5 tech who can play the 3 in 4-3 sets. Hes fast, hard working, and has magnificent technique.

coordinator0
03-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Brian Price all the way. A true 4-3 UT is exactly what we need for our 4-man fronts, not another NT or DE/OLB tweener.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-10-2010, 05:08 PM
This list lacks Jerry Hughes, who I think will be the best 3-4 OLB in this class. That said, I gotta go with Jared Odrick. Hes a prototypical 5 tech who can play the 3 in 4-3 sets. Hes fast, hard working, and has magnificent technique.

I do like Hughes but I think Graham will be a stud backer. You can't help but feel the Woodley comparisons.

A Perfect Score
03-10-2010, 05:14 PM
True, I like Graham as well, but Im one of the few who like Graham better as a 4-3 end then a 3-4 OLB, where I feel if people draft Hughes and just let him pin his ears back and go while adjusting to playing in space, he will be a monster.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Graham reminds me a lot of Orakpo. He isn't one of those guys that you label too small to play DE so he has to be a 34 backer. I think Graham can play 43 end or 34 backer. Depends on who drafts him.

coordinator0
03-10-2010, 05:21 PM
I think Graham could play both as well. He really isn't that much smaller than some of the other prospects in this class that are labeled "true 43 DEs." He would definitely be my favorite DE/OLB for the Ravens to draft, even more so than Kindle. And this is coming from a Michigan State fan ;).

SeanTaylorRIP
03-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Kindle has more upside though as a 34 backer because of his natural athletic ability and range.

coordinator0
03-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Kindle has more upside though as a 34 backer because of his natural athletic ability and range.

I don't doubt that, but like I've said before I think we're going to be using a lot more 4-man fronts in the future so Graham would be the better option.

A Perfect Score
03-10-2010, 05:35 PM
People are talking about Kindle playing inside as well. Hes alot more versatile then Graham.

coordinator0
03-10-2010, 05:37 PM
People are talking about Kindle playing inside as well. Hes alot more versatile then Graham.

Inside, as in inside LB where we have no need? I'd still take Graham over him.

ChefMike
03-10-2010, 07:33 PM
I agree Kindle would be an odd man out with our Team right now. Graham looks like a Woodley replica in playing style just bigger physically.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-11-2010, 05:52 AM
This was extremely tough for me because I love 4 or 5 of these guys.

I would be extremely happy with any of Derrick Morgan, Sergio Kindle, Terrance Cody, and Everson Griffen. But my personal favorite is Brandon Graham just an absolute physical specimen. He can beat any lineman in the league with his combination of physical strength and pure speed, just a sickening athlete.

Hound
03-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Brandon Graham for sure as far as Im concerned, but realistically I dont see any chance of him being there. So Im gonna give my vote to my number two, Eversen Griffin. I has a chance of going before 25 as well, but not as likely as Graham.