PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft 10' Full analysis

tmend21
03-10-2010, 09:15 PM
1. Rams- QB Sam Bradford (OKLA)
The Rams obviously need help all across the board. The safe pick here would be the monster Ndamukong Suh (who I feel they should draft) but letís face it; a hardnosed DT does not fill seats. Sam Bradford is a highly skilled quarterback with all the intangibles, but the shoulder is a huge question. Stephen Jackson might be right, trade down and acquire more prospects which is still highly possible. But when it is all said and done I think the Rams cannot pass up on a talented individual like Bradford.
2. Lions- DT Gerald McCoy (OKLA)

O what a surprise, the Lions once again are picking in the top five. Can they possibly mess this one up again? With a handful of top prospects to choose from I donít think they can. Like the Rams the Lions have multiple holes to fill. Offense has improved the past three years through the draft (Calvin, Stafford, Pettigrew) so this year they will look to find some defensive studs. Well now the only dilemma is McCoy or Suh. They cannot go wrong with either of these guys. When I witnessed a recent interview with McCoy I was impressed of his charisma and knowledge of the game. This is why I feel the Lions choose him over Suh. It must be noted though that I feel Suh is the better prospect. Pick number two will be one of these studs, only time will tell who will actually be the best.
3. Buccaneers- DT Ndamukong Suh (NEB)

Ever since Warren Sappís departure the Bucs have been trying to fill this void. Not only are they going to fill this void, but they will also get the best player in this yearís draft. Suh is highly versatile who can play in the 4-3 or 3-4 scheme. A man amongst boys who can collapse the pocket, and not only put pressure on the QB but also can stuff the run. He will make an immediate impact which will be much needed for the Bucs. If Suh or McCoy is not available here look for them to draft the ball hawker Eric Berry.

4. Redskins-T Russel Okung (OKLA St.)
Shockingly the Skins have not been the big spenders we are used to seeing over the past. This indicates that they will look to the draft to improve. The Skins need to find an identity. The hiring of Mike Shanahan helps, but this team totally needs to revamp from top to bottom. It is no secret that Shanahan loves to run the football. C.J Spiller would look good in a Redskin uniform but the Skins believe Portis has a lot more mileage to bring to the table. Letís not forget the high success Clinton had under Shanahan. Eric Berry Is still on the board, but Landry is the exact prototype they already have. It makes sense to draft the top offensive line on the board here. He will help Shanahanís rushing attack and also protect Jason Campbell.

5. Chiefs-S Eric Berry (TENN)
The Chiefs will be pleasantly surprised to find Eric Berry at their lap. A team who ranks close to last in every defensive category needs immediate help. Berry is a unique specimen who can not only cover the whole field but also can be placed in the box and be highly effective. He has a nose for the ball and is willing to give up his body to make plays. Look for the Chiefs also to upgrade at offensive line. At the end of the day they cannot pass up on a talent that is compared to Palomalu or Ed Reed.

6. Seahawks- RB C.J Spiller (CLEM)
This may be a reach here but you cannot deny Spillerís playmaking ability. This man scored a touchdown pretty much every time he touched the football. The Hawks need to fill three massive holes on the offensive side of the ball (QB,LT,RB). The only QB worth taking is Jimmy Clausen. His pro day may very well solidify his ticket to Seattle, but until this happens he is not worthy of a top ten pick. OL might be the deepest position in the draft so they can look to fix their O-line problems later in the draft, even can wait for their number fourteen draft pick to select a T.

7. Browns- QB Jimmy Clauson (ND)
Jimmy Clauson is quite an interesting prospect. It is hard to really say whether Clauson is going to succeed in the NFL. He has shown that he can make every NFL throw, but It Is hard to get over the terrible record he had at Notre Dame. Being under Charlie Wiess will help him get accustomed to the game but his natural instincts with the football scare me. Holmgren would want to draft a QB to put players around. Clauson might not have a superb pro day, I still think the Browns canít pass him up. They possibly cannot go another season with Anderson and Quinn. Maybe this Irish will be a better pick this time around.

8. Raiders- DE Jason Pierre Paul (South Florida)
You canít talk a Raiderís draft pick without mentioning Al Davis. What crazy ass thing will he try to pull this draft? Well I think this year his crazy obsession of workout freaks might work here. Paul is an absolute beast. He possesses great size and speed. He may need some time to develop, but any person who is compared to ďThe FreakĒ is worth the wait. If Richard Seymour stays he can help his development. I would not be surprised if Oakland went the safer route and drafted a tackle.

9. Bills- LB Ronaldo McClain (Alabama)
The Bills would be amped if one of the QBs dropped to them, but this is very unlikely to happen. So they get the best player on the board. McClain can come in and be a force like we witnessed with Demeco Ryans and Patrick Willis. They could also go with Dez Bryant here. Defense seems to be their focus. McClain will quickly become the defensive captain who the Bills can build around.

10. Jaguars- CB Joe Haden (Florida)
Hadenís poor forty time has taken him out of top five discussion. To me though I still think he could be selected a few picks before. If he does indeed fall to the Jags they would not hesitate to pull the trigger on him. Hey they face Peyton twice a year and also the Texans who both love to get vertical. Haden can help them dramatically with these pass happy teams; Offensive line could be option here also. With Haden clearly being the top CB in the draft he will get the nod.

11. Broncos- DE Derrick Morgan (GT)
Brandon Marshall is the huge deciding factor for their number eleven pick. I still feel he will remain a Bronco which leads me to the Derrick Morgan pick. Derrick Morgan could very well be the top DE in the draft. Dumerville is going to be double teamed constantly so they need someone coming off the opposite edge to bring some heat. Dez Bryant is still very possible especially if they lose Marshall.

12. Dolphins- WR Dez Bryant (OkLA St.)
The Phins receiving corp is abysmal. Bess did shine later in the year, but Ginn was very unreliable. They do not have a true number one that can get vertical. This dampers Hennes capabilities for he cannot utilize his strong arm. Dez Bryant would fit in perfectly. Linebacker and DE is needed too but it would be a reach to get anyone at this spot.

13. Niners-S Taylor Mays (USC)
The Niners are a couple of players away from being serious contenders in the NFL. This is why it is imperative for them to make the most of this draft. The past few years the Niners have been lucky because of the players who have dropped to them (VD, Willis,Crabtree). This year the luck continues. Taylor Mays would be an absolute steal here. In my mind he should be a no doubt top seven pick. Mays will be flying around the field for many years to come. OT is needed too but they can address this with their number seventeen pick.

14. Seahawks- T Bryan Bulaga (IOWA)
I think the Hawks are going to stick with Hasselbeck for a couple more years. Walter Jones departure must be handled. Bulaga is the man to replace him.

15. Giants-WR Golden Tate (ND)
When you look at the Giants roster you do not see many holes. Especially now that they have addressed their safety issue acquiring Antrel Rolle. Steve Smith was a huge surprise last year, look for him to continue this success. They still need more weapons for Eli. Jimmy Clauson should thank Mr. Tate for making him look like a great QB. Clauson closed his eyes half the time and chucked it up to Golden Tate. He always seems to make the play. This is exactly what the Giants need. A WR who can make EIi look good (no matter how impossible that sounds).

16. Titans- DT Brian Price (UCLA)
Wow, it is amazing how eliminating one player from your defense could bring you so many hardships. The Titans meltdown was not all due to Haynesworth departure but it sure was a huge factor. They are still desperate to fill this void. Brian Price is the most underrated player in this draft. He is overlooked because of the two DTs above him. He is a big body who can clog the middle and still rush the passer much like McCoy or Suh. He is not as good but still would help the Titans significantly.

17. Niners- T Trent Williams (OKLA)
Trent Williams will give the Niners two very athletic OTs. This is a need for the Niners so this pick makes absolute sense.

18. Steelers- T Bruce Campbell (Maryland)
The Steelers made some moves in free agency to address their secondary issues. This is why Bruce Campbell fits here. He is another athletic OT who can protect Ben and also open lanes for Mendenhall to charge through. Their secondary issues are not fully resolved so look for them to make a move for Earl Thomas or Kyle Wilson.

19. Falcons- DE Brandon Graham (MICH)
The Falcons mediocre 9-7 record was a bit of a surprise. Offensively on paper they are stacked. The only need they have is on the O-line, but defense is what they need to concentrate on. Most importantly they need help at the CB position and also need a pass rusher to get to the QB (ranked 26th in sacks in 09í). The CB position has been fulfilled with the signing of Dunta Robinson. 2007 first round draft pick Jamaal Anderson has not lived up to his hype so they need to bring in someone to occupy that position. Brandon Graham is the perfect fit. He is quick off the ball and has a nose for the QB (recorded 10 sacks in 08í and 09í). Graham will step in right away and help this team reach the playoffs like we saw in 08í.

20. Texans- CB Kyle Wilson (Boise St.)
The loss of CB Dunta Robinson was a huge blow to the Texans. They have made strides in free agency to solve their CB need but have failed thus far. They have to look to the draft and drafting Kyle Wilson will help them dramatically. Wilson is a playmaker whether when he is shutting down the opposition or returning punts. He makes up for his average speed by using his aggression. Much like we saw with Dunta. Texans offensive line woes still have not been solved so drafting one of the Ts left is an option too.

21. Bengals- S Earl Thomas (TEX)
Right off the bat I felt the Bengals would look to draft a playmaker to help the offense. But their aggression in free agency to sign a top WR tells me they will look to upgrade on defense. Cinci over the past drafts have made many moves to improve their D, but they have yet to draft a safety. This year may be different. Donít rule out TE Jermaine Gresham here, the Bengals have not had TE threat in many years. Greshamís injury questions will scare the Bengals away.
22. Patriots- LB Sergio Kindle (TEX)
The Pats lost Richard Seymour last season and therefore became very thin at the DE position. Sergio Kindle would be a great fit here because he is versatile in the sense he can put his hand down at DE or go out and cover a TE in a zone blitz scheme. Belichick loves players who can play multiple positions. He can mold Kindle to a defensive threat. Sergio Kindle will need time to develop but I feel an organization like the Pats can afford to wait on a guy to develop. TE is also a possibility here and it is not too farfetched for them to draft a playmaker like Jahvid Best out of CAL.

23. Packers- G Mike Iupati (Idaho)
The Packers gave up a league leading 51 sacks last season so it is clear what they need to improve. At this point many of the top O-line prospects will be unavailable but lucky for them the O-Line position is deep. They will simply draft the best offensive linemen on the board and I feel Mike Iupati will be the guy. It would be surprise if they didnít go O-Line at this spot.

24. Eagles-OLB Sean Weatherspoon (MIZZ)
The eagles have been plugging in different backers for many years now. It is about time they solidify this position. Weatherspoon is an absolute stud who was the top performer in every category at the combine. I would not be shocked if this guy is taken earlier than pick 24. If he is still available the Eagles will happily make the selection. He can help this in stopping the run and also can help this blitz happy D get to the QB.

25. Ravens- C Maurkice Pouncey (Florida)
The Ravens solved their WR need by trading for Anquin Bolden. They still have many issues. Linebacker being one of them, but I feel they will look to improve the O-Line. Matt Birk has to be nearing retirement and if they draft Pouncey at C they will have 3 first round selections on their offensive line (Grubbs, Oher, Pouncey). I wouldnít rule out Jerry Hughes here I think he will look nice in a Raven uniform.

26. Cardinals- WR Arrelious Benn (Illinois)
The Cardinals have lost many players this year, pretty much handing the Niners the NFC West division. Benn came to mind as soon as Boldin departed, but I am second guessing this pick just because of the fact they feel Breaston can be a productive number 2 WR. But with Leinhart now at QB they need a maximum number of targets for him. Still this pick is still very wide open. Quality linebackers are still available so they may just go that route.
27. Cowboys-S Chad Jones (LSU)
Like the Giants it is difficult to find a glaring need the Boysí have, they ranked 20th of pass defense so this has to be a concern. Chad Jones really does not have the range the Cowboys may be looking for but he is aggressive at the line of scrimmage, something this team misses after the departure of Roy Williams. T is a strong option also; Flozell Adams is aging as well as Marc Columbo. This pick may very well be changed to tackle Anthony Davis.

28. Chargers-RB Ryan Mathews (FS)
I still cannot get over the releasing of LT, but the Chargers will get over as soon as they draft Mr. Mathews. If it wasnít for Mathewís constant injury prone seasons we might be talking top 5 with this guy. Mathews excelled as a freshman before ending his season due to injury. He was prepared to make successful campaign as a sophomore but once again his season was done due to injury. He had a very productive junior season to say the least (led nation in rushing) but again was sidelined a couple of games due to a head injury. As you can see the question is his durability, but the Bolts will look past this cause really they have no other option. Mathews will be a great back in the NFL for many years. Just may be the best product to come out of Fresno State (sorry Trent DilferÖ).

29. Jets- DT Dan Williams (TENN)
It is about time the city of NY is proud to chant J.E.T.S JETS! JETS! JETS! This is due to their stout defense and extremely confident coach Rex Ryan. There strong defense and great running game carried them deep into the playoffs. Defense is what this team is based on so this leads me to think they will look to continue to upgrade. Their d-line is aging quickly so they need to bring in some young talent. Whether it is nose tackle or end I feel d-line is the way they will go in the first round. Everson Griffin is a good fit here as well as Jerry Hughes, but it is already known that in a 3-4 defense the nose tackle is vital. Dan Williams can be an immediate plug-in. They do have Kris Jenkins but he is getting old and cannot stay healthy. Dan Williams is looked at as the top three DTs in this draft by many people; he could be gone before the Jets can get a hold of him. My thinking says he will still be here and the Jets will be glad to hand Mr. Goddell this pick come April 22.

30. Vikings- DT Jared Odrick (Penn St.)
The Vikings d-line was stellar throughout the 09í season. They have two huge DTs in Pat and Kevin Williams. They love to have this luxury and want to continue this. The only problem is Pat Williams is 37 and they donít know how much longer he can last. At 6í5 304 Odrick is the big body they are looking for to replace Pat in the future. If they are not able to strike a deal with LT then look for them to add the speedster Jahvid Best. This could only make their offense more explosive.

31. Colts- CB Patrick Robinson (FSU)
The Colts may be in a bit of a dilemma. They possess many aging players and also players with expiring contracts (mostly on D). Luckily they re-signed their defensive captain and leading tackler Gary Brackett. This will help them out a lot. They still have secondary issues and also have Jeff Saturday is not getting any younger. I think they will opt on a C this year and work on their corner issues. With a pass happy league we are in this is a higher priority. Patrick Robinson needs some fine tuning but he has a lot of potential. He possesses the quick feet needed for a corner, but lacks the top notch speed. He will need some work, but at least he gives the Colts something to work with.

32. Saints- DE Jerry Hughes (TCU)
What a great story this team was this year. This may change next year if they canít improve their defense. They cannot expect to score 30 plus points each week, defenses will adjust. They are going to need their defense to win games in the future, and with their current D they have now I donít see this happening. Will Smith is a stud but they need somebody to compliment him. Jerry Hughes is a tremendous athlete that can help this team get to the QB, basically this will prevent teams from doubling Will Smith. Hughes will need some work but hey maybe that explosive offense can buy them some time.

vidae
03-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Great KC pick.

proshoota25
03-10-2010, 09:17 PM
yeah spiller is a huge reach, they can prolly get him for their second pick.

great analysis and awesome first post! welcome to dc!

amazing patriots pick

V.I.P
03-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Suh-Whoop !!!

SloppyJoe
03-10-2010, 09:25 PM
SUH :)

some notes
giants will not take a WR that early. they have smith,manningham and nicks

if you give the Vikings a DT, it has to be a NT not a UT

i dont know much about Maurkice Pouncey to the Ravens

other than that i think most of the picks can happen

vikes_28
03-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Get the **** out.

Go_Eagles77
03-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Love the eagles pick.

Rosebud
03-10-2010, 09:41 PM
How...why...seriously?...like, 4021 yards, 27 TDs, 62.3 completion% and a passer rating of 93.1 with two injured feet, a rookie WR and a redshirt rookie WR holding down two of the top three receiver spots and making eli look good sounds impossible? Are you aware that they played football games this season or have I stumbled into an internet time warp reading a 2010 mock from 2006?

Stranger
03-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Welcome.

26. Cardinals- WR Arrelious Benn (Illinois)
The Cardinals have lost many players this year, pretty much handing the Niners the NFC West division. Benn came to mind as soon as Boldin departed, but I am second guessing this pick just because of the fact they feel Breaston can be a productive number 2 WR. But with Leinhart now at QB they need a maximum number of targets for him. Still this pick is still very wide open. Quality linebackers are still available so they may just go that route.

I would be a sad panda if we spent a first round pick on a WR. As you said Breaston has shown he can be a second receiver and Doucet will be fine as the third option. If you really want to go pass catcher give us Gresham, but even then I would be meh on the pick.

Dan Williams, Jerry Hughes and Anthony Davis are much better picks.

RaiderNation
03-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Im like McDonalds... Im loving it

crites09
03-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Great Bengals Pick

tmend21
03-10-2010, 11:22 PM
How...why...seriously?...like, 4021 yards, 27 TDs, 62.3 completion% and a passer rating of 93.1 with two injured feet, a rookie WR and a redshirt rookie WR holding down two of the top three receiver spots and making eli look good sounds impossible? Are you aware that they played football games this season or have I stumbled into an internet time warp reading a 2010 mock from 2006?

Ha I was just throwing out a little joke chill... To be honest I hate Eli Manning but its just a respect factor... Any player that turns down the team that drafted him loses my respect John Elway isnt an exception. About the pick ya the G-Boys have young talent at WR but it wouldnt help to add more. Your power running game is a joke so why not open up the passing game. Especially with the amount of points you need to score against the Eagles and Cowboys. Its an odd pick for sure but **** i have seen crazier **** happen on draft day.

tmend21
03-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Welcome.

I would be a sad panda if we spent a first round pick on a WR. As you said Breaston has shown he can be a second receiver and Doucet will be fine as the third option. If you really want to go pass catcher give us Gresham, but even then I would be meh on the pick.

Dan Williams, Jerry Hughes and Anthony Davis are much better picks.

I did mention that this pick is very up in the air... I just would not be so comfy with those WRs. Boldin is gone so Breaston will be lined up against the 2nd corner on all downs now. Breaston did shine in Boldins place many times but also remember that was Warner at QB. Not Leinhart, and you possibly cant be happy with him... Cards are in trouble there only bright side is Beanie Wells. i think he is gonna be a fine RB. Im a Niner fan so im stoked the Cards are getting dismantled.

Rosebud
03-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Ha I was just throwing out a little joke chill... To be honest I hate Eli Manning but its just a respect factor... Any player that turns down the team that drafted him loses my respect John Elway isnt an exception. About the pick ya the G-Boys have young talent at WR but it wouldnt help to add more. Your power running game is a joke so why not open up the passing game. Especially with the amount of points you need to score against the Eagles and Cowboys. Its an odd pick for sure but **** i have seen crazier **** happen on draft day.

Hakeem Nicks, Steve Smith and Mario Manningham are all already better than Tate and have more upside. Ramses BArden, who couldn't even got on the field as a rookie on this team, has more potential than Tate. So if he's not better than the guys we have right now and doesn't have more potential why the hell would we waste such a high pick on him? We have actual needs, like maybe we could fix that softened up running game by getting a center who's not a member of the AARP or getting a run defense by fixing our DT position. Grabbing yet another weapon for eli could be fourth round need for this team, outside of the WRs mentioned we still have Boss and Beckum as well as Ahmad Bradshaw and Andre Brown coming out of the backfield.

No need to get snippy about your awful, awful pick for the giants. Seriously, the best point you make is that crazier **** has happened, which is a terrible reason to predict something will happen.

scottyboy
03-10-2010, 11:59 PM
I don't know what's worse:
A) The Giants pick
B) the explaination and cheap shot at Eli
or
C) no Anthony Davis in the first round.

I'm gonna have to go with D) all of the ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THAT GARBAGE above.

prock
03-11-2010, 01:07 AM
Jared Odrick isn't a NT, and that is what we need.

akvikefan89
03-11-2010, 01:44 AM
Truth:

thebow305
03-11-2010, 02:06 AM
Oh my, AWESOME Phins pick!!!

tmend21
03-11-2010, 02:16 AM
Hakeem Nicks, Steve Smith and Mario Manningham are all already better than Tate and have more upside. Ramses BArden, who couldn't even got on the field as a rookie on this team, has more potential than Tate. So if he's not better than the guys we have right now and doesn't have more potential why the hell would we waste such a high pick on him? We have actual needs, like maybe we could fix that softened up running game by getting a center who's not a member of the AARP or getting a run defense by fixing our DT position. Grabbing yet another weapon for eli could be fourth round need for this team, outside of the WRs mentioned we still have Boss and Beckum as well as Ahmad Bradshaw and Andre Brown coming out of the backfield.

No need to get snippy about your awful, awful pick for the giants. Seriously, the best point you make is that crazier **** has happened, which is a terrible reason to predict something will happen.

it is obviously your opinion that Golden Tate is not a good prospect but I think otherwise. Tate is one hell of a player, posted over 1000 yds receiving back-to-back seasons and recorded over 10 tds during both those seasons. To say those 2 WRs are gonna be better than Tate is absurd, clearly you think highly of your team... good for you. No matter who you guys take here the G-Men will still finish third in the division behind philly and the boys'.

tmend21
03-11-2010, 02:20 AM

Im very aware he is not a nose tackle. Last time I checked the Vikes run a 4-3 defense. Odrick will line up at the 3 technique, not the nose tackle. You dont need a NT, you dont run a 3-4 defense.

tmend21
03-11-2010, 02:37 AM
I don't know what's worse:
A) The Giants pick
B) the explaination and cheap shot at Eli
or
C) no Anthony Davis in the first round.

I'm gonna have to go with D) all of the ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THAT GARBAGE above.

Anthony Davis sucks. He is just a fat lard, reminds me much of Andre Smith from last years draft. Don't take shots at me cause you're butt buddies with Eli, its the truth he is a ***** for what he did. My mock is garbage cause i left Anthony Davis out of the first and you didn't like the giants pick? Get real, like i told your other boy the Giants dont stand a chance in the NFC East.

Stranger
03-11-2010, 02:39 AM
I did mention that this pick is very up in the air... I just would not be so comfy with those WRs. Boldin is gone so Breaston will be lined up against the 2nd corner on all downs now. Breaston did shine in Boldins place many times but also remember that was Warner at QB. Not Leinhart, and you possibly cant be happy with him... Cards are in trouble there only bright side is Beanie Wells. i think he is gonna be a fine RB. Im a Niner fan so im stoked the Cards are getting dismantled.

With Leinart taking over we are going to be leaning more on our rushing attack. Just don't see the value in taking a WR that will be 4th on our depth chart when we there are better options available.

Don't get too far ahead of yourself as a 49er fan :)

Don Vito
03-11-2010, 02:49 AM
Kindle to the Pats is perfect.

Poz51
03-11-2010, 06:52 AM
I love McClain, but the Bills two biggest needs are LT and QB, and I am not sure if there is much of a question about that... Having said that I dont believe that there is anyway they pass on Davis, Bulaga, or Williams if they are all on the board when they pick with Clausen and Bradford gone, love McClain but this is not the year (or another year) that key/most important positions are passed on again.

Rosebud
03-11-2010, 07:28 AM
it is obviously your opinion that Golden Tate is not a good prospect but I think otherwise. Tate is one hell of a player, posted over 1000 yds receiving back-to-back seasons and recorded over 10 tds during both those seasons. To say those 2 WRs are gonna be better than Tate is absurd, clearly you think highly of your team... good for you. No matter who you guys take here the G-Men will still finish third in the division behind philly and the boys'.

Tate is a very fine prospect, he's just completely un-necessary for our team. Nicks is beast and he's whom Tate would be competing with which isn't a good comparison for Tate since Nicks is bigger, stronger and has better hands, Mario is far quicker and more explosive so he fills a different role than Tate and Smith has far better hands, quickness and smarts.

As for where we'll end in our division I'm glad people are doubting us, we always do better when people don't expect us to, i.e. the 4 years of playoffs before this past season. That said if we can upgrade our DT position sorting out our run D problems there's absolutely no reason we can't win our division.

Anthony Davis sucks. He is just a fat lard, reminds me much of Andre Smith from last years draft. Don't take shots at me cause you're butt buddies with Eli, its the truth he is a ***** for what he did. My mock is garbage cause i left Anthony Davis out of the first and you didn't like the giants pick? Get real, like i told your other boy the Giants dont stand a chance in the NFC East.

Um...Andre Smith was a fantastic prospect last year and played very well when he was on the field for Cincinnati, so comparing Davis to Smith is a really bad way to try to make the point that Davis isn't a first round caliber Tackle. If you wanted to do that you should talk about his botching of the combine only furthers concerns that Davis doesn't want it enough.

As for that last bit you should really stop lashing out. You are the one who made a terrible pick, gave a terrible explanation for it in which you took a cheap shot at an exceptional QB. If you're going to get so testy you should stop making mocks or figure out what you are talking about before making them.

SloppyJoe
03-11-2010, 07:44 AM
Im very aware he is not a nose tackle. Last time I checked the Vikes run a 4-3 defense. Odrick will line up at the 3 technique, not the nose tackle. You dont need a NT, you dont run a 3-4 defense.

The Vikings may have the best 3-technique in the NFL in Kevin Williams.
You need a NT in a 3-4 front and in a 4-3 front.

DiG
03-11-2010, 08:25 AM
i like the okung pick but just so you know landry and berry are very different prospects. landry has always been a SS prospect and is still best suited to play ss. i still believe to this day that if sean taylor was still around at fs that both taylor and landry would be pro bowl starters. the move to fs for landry hasnt been a good one. berry on the other hand is a much better fs prospect. he is very good in coverage and even could be a great cb prospect.

tmend21
03-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Tate is a very fine prospect, he's just completely un-necessary for our team. Nicks is beast and he's whom Tate would be competing with which isn't a good comparison for Tate since Nicks is bigger, stronger and has better hands, Mario is far quicker and more explosive so he fills a different role than Tate and Smith has far better hands, quickness and smarts.

As for where we'll end in our division I'm glad people are doubting us, we always do better when people don't expect us to, i.e. the 4 years of playoffs before this past season. That said if we can upgrade our DT position sorting out our run D problems there's absolutely no reason we can't win our division.

Um...Andre Smith was a fantastic prospect last year and played very well when he was on the field for Cincinnati, so comparing Davis to Smith is a really bad way to try to make the point that Davis isn't a first round caliber Tackle. If you wanted to do that you should talk about his botching of the combine only furthers concerns that Davis doesn't want it enough.

As for that last bit you should really stop lashing out. You are the one who made a terrible pick, gave a terrible explanation for it in which you took a cheap shot at an exceptional QB. If you're going to get so testy you should stop making mocks or figure out what you are talking about before making them.

Bro, Andre Smith was one of the last players to sign, showed up to camp fat and injured himself in a non-contact drill. Anthony Davis is similar because he has character issues and has a problem with his weight much like we saw with Andre Smith. Don't tell me i don't know what I am talking about cause you dont like the pick I made for your ****** team and i left out an overweight T. I dont have a problem with you not agreeing with my pick, i do have a problem when you insult my football intelligence simply cause you dont like the pick and cause i took a shot at Eli.

tmend21
03-11-2010, 11:57 AM
i like the okung pick but just so you know landry and berry are very different prospects. landry has always been a SS prospect and is still best suited to play ss. i still believe to this day that if sean taylor was still around at fs that both taylor and landry would be pro bowl starters. the move to fs for landry hasnt been a good one. berry on the other hand is a much better fs prospect. he is very good in coverage and even could be a great cb prospect.

I do agree Berry is a much better defender than Landry. I was trying to point out that the Skins already have players that can cover the field whether it is stopping the run (landry) or staying vertical (Hall). Sean Taylor is missed greatly. Never will forget when he annihilated that punter in the pro bowl.

eaglesalltheway
03-11-2010, 11:58 AM
I like the Weatherspoon pick for the Eagles, and as much as I'd love it, I seriously question whether or not the Eagles will be willing to spend that early of a pick on a LB, even a second round pick honestly. Its just not in the Eagles history under Reid.

eaglesalltheway
03-11-2010, 12:03 PM

The 4-3 has a 2 different types of DTs. UTs (or 3 techs) and NTs (or 1 techs). Pat Williams is getting up there in age and is the Vikes NT, and would need a replacement. I love Odrick, but he is either a 4-3 UT or 3-4 DE, prock is right, Odrick makes very little sense.

Also, it is pretty common knowledge that 4-3s have NTs... Just sayin'.

Grizzlegom
03-11-2010, 12:50 PM
love the phins pick!

tmend21
03-11-2010, 01:52 PM
The 4-3 has a 2 different types of DTs. UTs (or 3 techs) and NTs (or 1 techs). Pat Williams is getting up there in age and is the Vikes NT, and would need a replacement. I love Odrick, but he is either a 4-3 UT or 3-4 DE, prock is right, Odrick makes very little sense.

Also, it is pretty common knowledge that 4-3s have NTs... Just sayin'.

What I was implying was that the the 4-3 does not have NT lined up directly over the Center like we see in odd fronts. In a 4-3 you need a big body to take on double teams and penetrate and also you need a more athletic DT where he can make plays on the backside and get to the QB. Kevin Williams is a good enough player to play either of those roles.

scottyboy
03-11-2010, 02:39 PM

hmmm someone's a bit fiesty. don't they still have that age limit on this board? oh well. let's see. The "fat lard" who reminds you of Andre Smith? yea, you know your stuff. Do you also know Andre Smith went top 10 last year? sweet job on that one.

And Tate makes ZERO football sense. Look at the numbers, Eli, Smith, Manningham and Nicks posted GREAT numbers. And to say those 2 will be better than Tate? How the hell can you say a rookie WILL be better than 2 guys coming off good NFL seasons? Hate Eli all you want, I really don't care either way, but denying the numbers is ridiculous. Anyone with ANY sense of football knowledge knows the Giants lost last year because of their defense. NOT Eli or the WR's. If any O position goes to us early, it's OT.
And nice, another ign'ant Giants hater. yummy.

scottyboy
03-11-2010, 02:40 PM
derrick morgan? i still don't understand why people think we'll take yet another 34 OLB to ride the pine. we took ayers in the first round last year to play opposite dumervil.

did you read the rest of this mock, it's quite humerous. but shhh I know who you like for Denver, and I'll make you happy with my soon-to-be-released mock ;)

BigRick352
03-11-2010, 03:03 PM
That has to be the worst Giants pick I have seen yet. Did you not see Smith go for over 1000 yards in his 3rd year the first as a started. Nicks and Manningham who are in their 1st and 2nd year with over 750 yards each. Absolutely horrible pick. We are just as good as the Cowboys and Eagles. Injuries killed the Giants all year that is the only reason we were 8-8. We have far more young talent than both of those teams. We have a franchise QB with a SB ring and SB MVP about to enter the prime of his career. You really must be clueless. Good try though. Also Andre Smith was the 6th pick in the draft so you trying to compare him to and say Anthony Davis is a fat lard and not worth a 1st round pick is one of the most dumb things I have read in awhile.

tmend21
03-12-2010, 02:29 AM
hmmm someone's a bit fiesty. don't they still have that age limit on this board? oh well. let's see. The "fat lard" who reminds you of Andre Smith? yea, you know your stuff. Do you also know Andre Smith went top 10 last year? sweet job on that one.

And Tate makes ZERO football sense. Look at the numbers, Eli, Smith, Manningham and Nicks posted GREAT numbers. And to say those 2 will be better than Tate? How the hell can you say a rookie WILL be better than 2 guys coming off good NFL seasons? Hate Eli all you want, I really don't care either way, but denying the numbers is ridiculous. Anyone with ANY sense of football knowledge knows the Giants lost last year because of their defense. NOT Eli or the WR's. If any O position goes to us early, it's OT.
And nice, another ign'ant Giants hater. yummy.

You proved my point exactly dumbass. Andre Smith was a great prospect, but look how he panned out (was a holdout, got injured, started 1 game, played only in six). Thats the type of production you expect a top ten pick to have???? I think not. If teams see this was a problem with a prospect one year before dont you think they will be hesitant to draft someone who has the same questions. I glad you are so excited about one good year of productive stats, but in my mind Tate is a better prospect than any of those three coming out of college. Just my opinion... Again you are questioning my football knowledge because of your perception of my bad pick for the Giants... Good reasoning.

Menardo75
03-12-2010, 02:30 AM
Niners mock is great.

tmend21
03-12-2010, 02:57 AM
That has to be the worst Giants pick I have seen yet. Did you not see Smith go for over 1000 yards in his 3rd year the first as a started. Nicks and Manningham who are in their 1st and 2nd year with over 750 yards each. Absolutely horrible pick. We are just as good as the Cowboys and Eagles. Injuries killed the Giants all year that is the only reason we were 8-8. We have far more young talent than both of those teams. We have a franchise QB with a SB ring and SB MVP about to enter the prime of his career. You really must be clueless. Good try though. Also Andre Smith was the 6th pick in the draft so you trying to compare him to and say Anthony Davis is a fat lard and not worth a 1st round pick is one of the most dumb things I have read in awhile.

I am not even gonna get into it with another Giants fan. We all clearly get you are more than satisfied with the team you have, and you all think Andre Smith is some god... All i can say is that again you guys are so quick to insult me over a few questionable picks. Good luck this season.. WESTCOAST

marshallb
03-12-2010, 11:12 AM

ummmmm...actually you need a NT and an UT, why do you think Pat Williams has been playing for us for the past oh 4-5 years. Odrick is an UT or 3-4 DE.

marshallb
03-12-2010, 11:14 AM
What I was implying was that the the 4-3 does not have NT lined up directly over the Center like we see in odd fronts. In a 4-3 you need a big body to take on double teams and penetrate and also you need a more athletic DT where he can make plays on the backside and get to the QB. Kevin Williams is a good enough player to play either of those roles.

We won't move Kevin Williams out of his natural UT position, where he is one of, if not the best in the league.

touchdownmaker
03-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Well, I guess you got a good dose of what NYC area people are best known for.

Anywho, I too am not crazy about Tate due to the fact that our defense needs work. We really need a ILB, a DT, OL depth and in addition to S depth.

Yes Eli has given us a fare share of gray hairs, and has caused some to bar-bq our Giants jerseys, but he did an excellent job with a corps of young wide outs. If the Giants were going to go BPA on a WR it better be for Dez Bryant-who adds height to the WR corps-not a guy who has been given a second round grade by a good deal of scouts. We have Barden who also gives us height, but lets be honest, Bryant is better.

To be clear though, the G-men better be drafting a defensive player or an OL in the 1st round.

Rosebud
03-12-2010, 05:17 PM
You proved my point exactly dumbass. Andre Smith was a great prospect, but look how he panned out (was a holdout, got injured, started 1 game, played only in six). Thats the type of production you expect a top ten pick to have???? I think not. If teams see this was a problem with a prospect one year before dont you think they will be hesitant to draft someone who has the same questions. I glad you are so excited about one good year of productive stats, but in my mind Tate is a better prospect than any of those three coming out of college. Just my opinion... Again you are questioning my football knowledge because of your perception of my bad pick for the Giants... Good reasoning.

Did you just mention production for a rookie? Especially one who was playing catch up and got hurt on a playoff team? Impressive.

BTW most of us aren't just bagging on you because you made a terrible pick, I mean seriously it's a mock draft, who the **** really cares about it other than you? We're just actually giving this thread some attention because of your ****** giants pick and noticing some bad arguments you're making, like gripping about the productivity of a rookie who came into camp late on a playoff team and then got hurt. A rookie who has some of the most dominant film I've seen from an offensive tackle in years and looked good in the little time he did see on the field.