PDA

View Full Version : Where Clausen sits and other QB's

RWills
03-11-2010, 10:51 AM
I think this is the hardest ranking to go on since no has seen anything so far but it makes you wonder where he is seen when you have teams like Cleveland trying to fil a starter role and Seattle really wanting Kolb. Gil Brandt on the radio yesterday said something like he see's a team taking Tim Tebow in round 1, that the coaches love his work ethic to improve his throwing motion. march 17th should be a big day. If that were true and he is flying up I wonder if Buffalo takes a chance on him in round 1, they are known for reaches and he will help market that team. Denver and Seattle I can see take him as well.

49erNation85
03-11-2010, 12:32 PM
You do make a good point . It is hard to say where each QB lands in the draft . People say its the worst ever only because of the lack pro style offense set forms . But I think players like Tebow and Bradoford make an exception they can still run the same basic formations , making the passes and what not , they will just have trouble getting the ball out quicker along with reading the backs . But going along with your suggestions , a team like Seattle , Jacksonville , Cleveland they would take a chance on getting a top 5 QB for their work ethics and or achievements from college despite there combine work outs and throwing ability etc. I'm very interested as well seeing Tebow's new motion , I hope it looks epic . But the only thing scouts are worrying about now is will the motion and him react under presser and in game situations . But I'm sure that will all come into play in time and game / practice reps .

RWills
03-11-2010, 12:41 PM
You do make a good point . It is hard to say where each QB lands in the draft . People say its the worst ever only because of the lack pro style offense set forms . But I think players like Tebow and Bradoford make an exception they can still run the same basic formations , making the passes and what not , they will just have trouble getting the ball out quicker along with reading the backs . But going along with your suggestions , a team like Seattle , Jacksonville , Cleveland they would take a chance on getting a top 5 QB for their work ethics and or achievements from college despite there combine work outs and throwing ability etc. I'm very interested as well seeing Tebow's new motion , I hope it looks epic . But the only thing scouts are worrying about now is will the motion and him react under presser and in game situations . But I'm sure that will all come into play in time and game / practice reps .

I did not include Cleveland because of Holmgre, he does not believe you can change your throwing motion and will not take a QB who isn't very accurate

Babylon
03-11-2010, 01:07 PM
I think Clausen will be this year's Brady Quinn. Could go top 5 probably will drop to the second half of round 1. Bradford will go real early
(Jamarcus Russell) and then it becomes team need. Not sure where Tim Tebow fits in with all of this. I guess he would be Vince Young in that scenario except that was a differant draft.