PDA

View Full Version : Mock, mock, mock, 5 rounds and tons of fun...

Poz51
03-11-2010, 12:43 PM
A mid free agency, post combine mock that started last week, and I have tried to adjust it as news happens, no comp picks. My thoughts and analysis. Feedback and input is appreciated, this is based on my rankings, and all the various things I have seen, read, heard and discussed to date. As always I will respond when I can, have at it and enjoy :D

2010 NFL Mock Draft

Round 1

1 – St. Louis – Jimmy Clausen (QB – Notre Dame)
The Rams are starting Keith Null at quarterback, a West Texas A & M project… Clausen gives the franchise a face, although no one could blame the Rams for taking Suh, and although they probably should, they go quarterback and continue to lay the foundation for the future on offense. This may leave me in the minority of mockers, but having recently invested two number one picks on the defensive line in recent years, its time to invest in the offense. The Rams passing attack is so pathetic and 10.9 pts per game is not gonna cut it no matter how dominate your defense is. I cannot see them passing on the chance to take the number one QB of the draft, now whether its Clausen or Bradford as most believe remains to be seen, and before I jump on the Bradford #1 bandwagon I need to see him throw at his pro day on March 25th, and Clausen on April 9th as well, but for now the nod goes to Clausen coming from a pro style offense. If the Rams take Suh the draft takes an entirely different look. Yes, as pathetic the offense is, the defense is nearly just as bad, in fact if you look into the actual numbers by both the offense is just a hair more pathetic.

2 – Detroit – Ndamukong Suh (DT – Nebraska)
Lions fans rejoice!! The Rams go quarterback with the first pick, and Detroit gets the best player in the draft with the second pick. If you haven’t watched this guy play, shame on you, a monster who might be the best defensive tackle prospect this decade. Suh is great against the run, and an absolute beast collapsing the pocket, who single handedly kept Nebraska in the Big Ten Championship game against Texas. Ndamukong instantly upgrades the Lions defense, and is a better value than Okung, who could be the choice if Suh is gone and/or protecting the franchise becomes the organizations top priority. If Suh goes one, and McCoy is available the Lions will just as easily take him, either way it’s a win for the Lions on the defensive line.

3 – Tampa Bay – Gerald McCoy (DT – Oklahoma)
Tampa needs help on the defensive front, and gets the best player available. McCoy is a disruptive force who might be the best penetrating DT in this draft class, and the better fit in Tampa’s self titled cover two defense. Capable of altering the outcome of any game, McCoy is not a bad consolation prize in Suh derby, and the Bucs benefit greatly from the Rams taking a QB. With Morris returning to coach and the Tampa 2 looking like it is here to stay for a while, the Bucs go with D-line, and priority number one. A good defensive line can mask holes in the secondary easier than a good secondary can mask holes in the defensive line. If the Rams and Lions take the top two DT’s, look for Tampa to go with Berry, the top defensive player remaining on their board.

4 – Washington – Russell Okung (LT – Ok. St.)
Bradford does not fit the Shanny mold of a strong armed gun slinger, and Allen does not want to take a QB in the first round, because that’s what his history tells us. Either way Bradford, or whomever is dog meat playing behind the existing offensive line, so the Skins take the LT of the future, who is athletic enough to fit into the zone blocking scheme utilized by Shanahan and son, as well as the best pass protection left tackle in the draft. With Allen saying recently that they will take the best player available who helps the team win, and that man is Russell Okung. Rumors of trading Laundry could result in Berry being the pick in this situation, although I am sure Shanahan would prefer to address the offense first. Regardless, Chris Samuals retiring makes this pick a slam dunk, especially when one factors in Okung’s strong performance at the combine. The Redskins offensive line was offensive last season, and Okung helps rebuild the one time strength.

5 – Kansas City – Eric Berry (FS – Tennessee)
Tough to pass on Berry with Brown and McGraw leading pack, and in a draft heavy with top end defensive talent, Berry is arguably at the top of the list. I believe he is the second best player in the draft after Suh. Berry is considered an Ed Reed clone, and true playmaker in every sense of the word, and would make a similar impact on Kansas City’s 3-4. He could very well go to Tampa Bay depending on how the top three picks work out, but Kansas City opts to take the highest ranked player on their board, and look to address other needs as the draft goes on. The Chiefs could go in several directions, Rolando McClain should they opt for front seven help on defense, or left tackle possibly to protect the franchise. If Berry is gone I would fully expect the Chiefs to take McClain to upgrade their run defense. Berry’s production slipped last season and that can be attributed opposing teams not throwing his way after a stellar sophomore campaign, which has no bearing on his transition to the NFL.

6 – Seattle – Sam Bradford (QB – Oklahoma)
With Jeremy Bates comes a derivative of the west coast offense, and Bradford’s attributes should allow him to fit right in. Pete Carroll knows that Hasselback has seen better days, despite his vocal show of support, decides to start the installation of his offense from scratch, and build towards the future with a quarterback first. Bradford has shown enough for the Seahawks to take the smart, accurate passer, with good intangibles, pocket awareness and a quick release to be the future of their team. This pick has become very cookie cutter-ish, but does make sense none the less… I would not be surprised to see Seattle go in numerous directions depending on who falls, and could opt to start with the offensive line and go Davis. Either way Hasselback is 35 next season, and Walter Jones is 36, and finding replacements for both positions is the priority in Seattle, and a top notch left tackle will be available at 14, where as a top notch quarterback will not. The trade of Seneca Wallace only strengthens my belief that this pick will be Bradford or Clausen depending on who the Rams take, and whether or not the Redskins take a quarter back which I do not believe they will.

7 – Cleveland – Dez Bryant (WR – Ok. St.)
No matter how I look at the Browns roster, I see nothing but number two type receivers, and role players at the wide out position. So Holmgren pulls the trigger on the top receiver in the draft, who I believe is better than Heyward-Bay for sure, and Michael Crabtree as well. Bryant gives the Browns a threat opposing teams have to respect, he big, strong, physical, can run after the catch, has great hands, and gives whomever is the quarterback a legitimate #1 receiving target. If Berry falls I believe he is the pick, and Joe Haden hurt himself enough at the combine to fall slightly in the draft and out of the top ten, although he will still merit strong consideration.

8 – Oakland – Bruce Campbell (LT – Maryland)
Sorry Raiders fans, the combine sealed it for me. All I can say is; Al “freaking” Davis…
Don’t go burning your gear yet…

9 – Buffalo – Anthony Davis (LT – Rutgers)
Buffalo sweats through the last five picks hoping an offensive lineman worth taking in the top ten falls to them. Having passed on Oher last year the Bills quickly jump on Davis and land the second best overall prospect at left tackle in this draft in my opinion, despite a less than stellar combine. Davis is a mauler in the run game, and is more than capable of holding his own in pass protection. Davis still has much to gain before the draft itself. Depending on the Bills board, Brian Bulaga or Trent Williams could be the pick.

10 – Jacksonville – Jason Pierre-Paul (DE – U.S.F.)
I can’t believe the rise of J.P.P. but it appears to have happened never the less, and continues to do so with each passing day. The potential is there, but I am not sure of the production game in and game out. However Jag’s fans can rejoice in the fact that first of all he is not Tim Tebow, and secondly he is not a Gator defensive end. J.P.P. provides a much needed pass rush, which despite recent high pick failures being used to address the situation, needs to be addressed regardless, or else they stay in the division’s basement, and possibly move out of Jacksonville. Come draft day this pick could very well be a former Gator, be it; the Tebow, or Dunlap, neither of which would surprise me. However in the end they take the fast rising J.P.P. I would not be surprised if Al Davis falls in love with J.P.P. more that Bruce Campbell and takes him at 8, making Derrick Morgan a contender in this spot. Even with Aaron Kampman entering the fold, J.P.P. allows the Jaguars to have a pair of pass rushers with some teeth.

11 – Denver (via Chicago) – Rolando McClain (ILB – Alabama)
McClain allows for a major upgrade in the interior linebacking core, and provides the best value at this point. Tough, smart, and an athletically gifted specimen, McClain plays the run as well as any linebacker coming into the draft this decade, and is a reliable defender in coverage. McClain has all the tools to be the player/coach on the field who could one day have a bust in Canton. I see McClain as a Bruschi like leader and presence on the field with more athleticism, and having led the best defense in the nation in recent memory will be looked upon favorabally as well. The Bronco’s need to upgrade the interior of both their offensive and defensive lines but McClain’s value is too much to pass on, and this is too high to draft Iupati, although McDaniel’s has shown he is not afraid to reach.

12 – Miami – Dan Williams (DT – Tennessee)
Williams instantly upgrades the Dolphins run defense, which could use a big man at the center of the defense with Ferguson suspended for eight games. I would consider this a reach, as Williams motor is not as consistant as his draft position would warrant, but he has worked hard in the offseason. The addition of Karlos Dansby solidifies the ILB core, and Williams allows for the linebackers to flow freely and make plays. Sergio Kindle is certainly in the mix as well as other pass-rushing OLB’s, but the Tuna knows that without a clog in the center, his defense as a whole gets exposed. This is a pick I would consider a reach, but not that much of one, and one that improves the Dolphin’s defense as a whole. Earl Thomas should draw strong consideration and was the pick until the Ferguson suspension.

13 – San Fransisco – Earl Thomas (FS – Texas)
In comes Earl Thomas, who allows Dashon Gholston to play SS, giving the 9ers two safeties who can hit, make plays in coverage and allow greater schematic flexibility. Thomas declared and instantly solidified himself as my number two safety, he is a ballhawk, who is always around the action, instinctual, excels in coverage, tough for his size and willing to lay his body on the line. A Singletary guy all the way. The 9ers will be able to address the tackle spot with their next pick. I was high on Thomas before he declared and think that instinctually he is in the same class as Berry, and he could very likely be gone by the time the 9ers pick at 13 come April.

14 – Seattle (via Denver) – Taylor Mays (S – U.S.C.)
Mays instantly upgrades the Seahawks defense from the secondary, while providing range, and capability in coverage. Seattle goes with the best player available and gives themselves a potentially great safety. Mays can help allow for a smooth transition into Carroll’s defense.

15 – N.Y.G. – Sean Weatherspoon (MLB – Mizzu)
Weatherspoon provides the Giants with a true playmaker at MLB. With his ability to play the run and pass very well, Weatherspoon’s value is too much for the Giants to pass up, and “Spoon’s” value at this point in the draft is becoming undeniable. New York could go LT and take Bulaga, but Weatherspoon fills a greater need in the middle of the Giants defense.

16 – Tennessee – Derrick Morgan (DE – G.T.)
The Titans get an absolute steal with the 16th pick in the draft and with Kearse on the wrong side of 30 and Vanden Bosch gone, Morgan teams up with Hayes to give the Titans a promising future at defensive end. The Titans could go OLB or CB in this spot, but Morgan’s value is too much to pass up. Joe Haden draws serious consideration, and the Titans in this scenario go with the position they put a bigger priority on and take Morgan.

17 – San Fransisco (via Carolina) – Brian Bulaga (LT – Iowa)
Bulaga has shown some vulnerability during the season, but has tons of ability, and has demonstrated that he has the potential to be an excellent left tackle in the NFL or right if need be, he is tough, and has very good technique. Bulaga is a steal, and should gone at this point and very likely could be come April, if that is the case and Trent Williams is available he is the pick.

18 – Pittsburgh – Joe Haden (CB – Florida)
In a draft heavy with top end defensive talent, Haden is near the top of the list. I believe he is the third best player in the secondary after Berry and Thomas, and could have a similar impact on any secondary when you factor a little less playmaker for a little more physicality. I see Haden as an Antoine Winfield “clone” who is better in coverage, and just as physical. Haden will have a significant impact in Pittsburgh. Haden could easily find his way back into the top ten of the draft with a strong showing at his pro-day, but similarly to Malcom Jenkins could fall in the draft due to a sub-par 40 time at the combine.

19 – Atlanta – Brandon Graham (DE – Michigan)
Graham has the production that Atlanta likes, and should translate into the pro-game given his work ethic, motor, and attitude. Graham should quickly become a Mike Smith favorite, and mesh well with Brian VanGorder and his intensity, passion, aggression and toughness philosophy on defense. Atlanta could take the potential of a guy like Dunlap, but in the end take the guy who is a true football player, heart and soul.

20 – Houston – C. J. Spiller (RB – Clemson)
Has a Gary Kubiak team ever drafted a running back in the first round? No (at least not that I can remember)… Is Steve Slaton going to fumble the Texans a game or two out of the playoffs? Yes… Spiller is the best back in the draft, a threat to take it to the endzone any time he touches the ball, and a reliable third down back. Spiller will draw comparisons to Chris Johnson, and after his electrifying combine Spiller could move up draft boards, regardless Spiller provides the Texans with a game breaking back to fully open up the offense. Spiller is a triple threat, running, catching, returning and can take over a game by himself. Chances are someone will take him before the Texans pick at 20.

21 – Cincinatti – Arrelious Benn (WR – U. Illinois)
Benn gives the Bengal’s a legitimate deep threat, and playmaker opposite Ochocinco who can run after the catch, Benn was poorly utilized at Illinois, and his lack of production can be attributed to having four different QB’s last season. With Brat running the show offensively, utilizing blocking tight ends, and a perimeter passing game, the Bengal’s pass on Gresham, and with no free safety deemed worthy of this pick, take the receiver to go opposite Ochocinco. Benn’s size, speed and measurables make him an impact player.

22 – New England – Sergio Kindle (OLB – Texas)
New England upgrades the pass rush with the ultra talent Kindle, who should have no troubles adapting to the 3-4 rush backer, exactly what the Patriots need. Kindle I thought put on a display in the championship game that will leave a lasting impression on scouts and build positive momentum heading into the draft and Kindle could end up back in the top half of the draft as it approaches.

23 – Green Bay – Trent Williams (T – Oklahoma)
Williams stock is back up, and some scouts are talking that he could be an elite left tackle in the NFL. Williams certainly has the athleticism to play left tackle, and could go as early as the top ten depending on how the top ten works out, either way I cannot see him falling past 23 and protecting Aaron Rodgers blind side.

24 – Philadelphia – Carlos Dunlap (DE – Florida)
Dunlap declaring could be a blessing for the Eagles, in that his talent and potential is as high as anyone I can remember, and missing out on Julius Peppers in free agency leaves a hole opposite Trent Cole in the pass rush. Dunlap declaring could also be the lead step in a first round bust. Dunlap’s motor definitely runs hot and cold, and he has not shown a killer instinct every time he touches the field, but when he turns it on he is almost unstoppable, and at times shows flashes of being unblockable. I fully expect him to be taken higher than his effort would dictate.

25 – Baltimore – Jermaine Gresham (TE – Oklahoma)
After trading for Anquan Boldin, I believe the emphasis shifts to finding a complimentary piece in the passing attack, and with Gresham being the best value on the board, I fully expect Ozzie Newsome to take Gresham with no reservations what so ever. Gresham and Boldin compliment the rushing attack to well to pass up, and at this point Gresham is the best player available, an approach to the draft that has served them well.

26 – Arizona – Jerry Hughes (DE/OLB – TCU)
Hughes is an athletically gifted producer, who could be molded into a great pass rusher in the Cardinals 3-4 scheme. Hughes is talented and a strong combine in addition to pre-draft work outs could put his stock into the top half of the draft, or result into him falling into the second round. I think his production and athleticism do not let him fall past Arizona at 26. Between retirement and age, the Cardinals are hurting at OLB, even with Dansby leaving, a pass rusher should be the first pick for the Cardinals.

27 – Dallas – Mike Iupati (G/T – Idaho)
Easily the best guard in the draft, could possibly play right tackle, either way provides flexibility along the offensive line, and best value at this point in the draft. The Dallas offensive line is starting to get older, and with no LT left deamed worthy of this pick, Doug Free showing some potential, Jerry Jones goes with the best lineman left, and takes the beefy guard from Idaho. I would not be surprised to see a safety here if one of the top three fall, but for now Iupati is too hard to resist.

28 – San Diego – Ryan Matthews (RB – Fresno St.)
Matthews is ultra-talented, ultra productive and for my money is actually challenging C.J. Spiller for the number one running back spot in the draft. Matthews has excellent balance, quickness, deceptive speed and excellent size for the position. The Chargers look hard at Terrance Cody but in the end go with the fast rising back to compliment Darren Sproles and the offense.

29 – N.Y.J. – Jared Odrick (DE/DT – P.S.U.)
Odrick is an athletic, penetrating defensive tackle who transitions to defensive end for the Jets, replacing one the two aging ends in Douglas and Ellis or rotating into thedefensive line for now. Odrick was an absolute force at Penn State, and demonstrated he is capable of success as a 3-4 end at the senior bowl. With his ability to get off the snap and be disruptive in the opponents backfield, he will fit right in with the Jets.

30 – Minnesota – Chad Jones (S – L.S.U.)
As physical and Laron Laundry, and better in coverage, Jones can play either safety spot and instantly help the secondary in run support, and coverage. Very instinctual, and having excellent football sense, Jones is my third rated safety and could go higher depending on pre draft workouts.

31 – Indianapolis – Brian Price (DT – UCLA)
The Colts go best player available that fills their biggest need, and Price is quick off the ball, and strong enough to play the run, making him a 3 down option for the Colts. Charles Brown could be a good fit at left tackle, but in the end Bill Polian builds up the defense in the trenches first, and looks to address other needs later in the draft. Price’s value is higher than the end of the first round, so the Colt’s get a steal.

32 – New Orleans – Everson Griffen (DE – U.S.C.)
Griffen wowed many at the combine, and maybe enough to fool scouts into looking past his inconsistent game tape. Griffen has good pass rush moves, and closing speed/burst. He is athletic with great physical skills that do not always translate to success on the field. I think with the right coaching, he could reach his potential, and Greg Williams is more than capable. Does he remind anyone else of Kenechi Udeze?

Round 2

33 – St. Louis – Golden Tate (WR – Notre Dame)
Tate knows Clausen, and Clausen is comfortable throwing to Tate. The Rams receivers are nothing to write home about, and a Tate/Avery combination gives Clausen a chance.

34 – Detroit – Vladimir Ducasse (G/T – Umass)
I had not realized how bleak the guard situation in Detroit was until I really looked into it. Thanks Lions fans… Without trading into the first round I do not believe there is any chance Iupati falls into the second at this point, but the Lions get the number two guard in the draft who could play tackle down the road. A corner is not out of the realm of possibility here.

35 – Tampa Bay – Kyle Wilson (CB – Boise St.)
With no defensive end available who is worthy of this pick, the Bucs go with the value in Wilson to play opposite Talib, and together form one of the premier young corner combinations in the league.

36 – Kansas City – Brandon Spikes (MLB – Florida)
With Iupati and Ducasse gone, Kansas City looks to continue upgrading the defense with Spikes who falls to them in the second round after passing on McClain in the first.

37 – Washington – Maurkice Pouncey (C/G – Florida)
Continuing with their BPA philosophy, Shanny continues to build his offensive line with a replacement for Rabach who will be 33 when the season gets underway next year. Two former Bills starting at guard is never good and could be addressed as well, Pouncey offers flexibilty and could potentially play guard as well. Pouncey is not a personal
favorite of mine but seems to have worked himself into the second round mix, and I think would be a good fit in Washington’s zone blocking scheme.

38 – Cleveland – Nate Allen (FS – U.S.F.)
Good athlete, with top notch instincts, and football I.Q. Allen upgrades the secondary and with needs at both corner and safety, the Browns go with Allen at safety who excels in coverage, has the intelligence to be the coach on the field and overall value.

39 – Oakland – Patrick Robinson (CB – Florida State)
Al “Freaking” Davis…
Ok Raiders fans, I understand if you are all “gearless.”, but don’t light it quite yet…

40 – Seattle – Charles Brown (LT – U.S.C.)
The Seahawks take the U.S.C. product, and a legitimate LT prospect to protect theformer Sooner. Brown has talent, Carroll knows what he is getting, and Brown certainly helped himself with a strong combine.

41 – Buffalo – Terrance Cody (DT – Alabama)
Cody is the perfect fit into the 3-4 defense Buffalo is installing, and falls as a direct result of the depth in this draft. He could go as high as 18 to Pittsburgh and not even be an option for Buffalo, but if he is available in the second round, the Bills should not be hesitant to bring in the run stuffer .

42 – Tampa Bay (via Chicago) – Demaryius Thomas (WR – G.T.)
With defense being address with the first two picks, the draft looks to go on the offensive, and with all the turn over at wide receiver, the Bucs look to add a weapon for Freeman, even with trading for Reggie Brown, Thomas adds a dimension to the Bucs passing attack that they do not have.

43 – Miami – Ricky Sapp (OLB/DE – Clemson)
Pass rusher who along with Williams dramatically improves the defense as a whole. A solid value at this spot, and viable pass rush option opposite Cameron Wake.

44 – New England (via Jacksonville) – Roger Saffold (G/T – Indiana)
Staffold is the versatile type of player the Patriots love to have, he can help at guard or kick out to tackle if need be.

45 – Denver – Devin McCourty – (CB – Rutgers)
A solid all around corner, who plays the run well, and can make plays in coverage. McCourty presents the best value for the Bronco’s with the interior offensive line prospects remaining being considered a reach at this point, and the defensive line prospects having just a little less value than McCourty, so the Bronco’s go with the fast rising corner.

46 – N.Y.G. – Cam Thomas – (NT – U.N.C.)
Unlike the Bronco’s the Giants do not take the value, instead opting to reach a little and take Thomas who has moved up boards despite less than ideal production on U.N.C. Thomas should however fill the need for a space eating DT who allows Weatherspoon and company to roam freely.

47 – New England (via Tennesse) – Rob Gronkowski (TE – Arizona)
The Patriots opt for the ultra-talented tight end who is a capable run blocker, and more than capable option in the passing attack, despite having a plethora of options to take in this spot.

48 – Carolina – Navorro Bowman (OLB – Penn. St.)
Extremely instinctual, and fills a need, while being the best value for Carolina. Bowman comes in and immediately pays dividends in both the run and pass game for the Panthers.

49 – San Fransisco – Jahvid Best (RB – Cal)
Having already addressed two primary needs the 9ers take Best who provides them with a change of pace back, who can take it to the house at any time, and gives them a three headed monster in the backfield, as well as depth and value.

50 – Kansas City (via Atlanta) – Eric Norwood (OLB – S. Carolina)
Norwood excels in the pass rush, and I believe he could easily adapt to 3-4 rush backer, or with his size could also play inside linebacker if need be, and offers the kind of versatility Pioli likes. Norwood is a better value than any guard available, and pairs well with Hali in the pass rush.

51 – Houston – Morgan Burnett (S – G.T.)
Burnett is an all around free safety who is not afraid to mix it up in run support, and has a nose for the ball.

52 – Pittsburgh – Jared Veldheer (LT – Hillsdale)
This pick comes down to a franchise LT and a safety like Major Wright, but with Ryan Clark coming back, the Steelers take the potential franchise left tackle, and wait until later in the draft to take a FS.

53 – New England – Brandon Lafell (WR – L.S.U.)
A terrific option as the number two receiver opposite Moss, and is a better option than Sam Aiken, allows Edleman and Welker when he comes back to work from the slot.

54 – Cincinatti – Major Wright (FS – Florida)
Wright is climbing up draft boards and helped himself with a solid showing at the combine, and is the best available playmaking safety available at this point in the draft.

55 – Philadelphia – Perrish Cox (CB – Ok. St.)
Cox stock is slipping at the moment, but has solid tape, can be a real force in the return game. Cox is athletic, has very smooth movement skills, and is very instinctual. Cox is a great compliment to Asante Samual.

56 – Green Bay – Kareem Jackson - (CB – Alabama)
Jackson’s stock is on the rise and this could be a steal in time, with Al Harris, and Charles Woodson closer to the end then prime of thier careers, the Packers take the top corner on their board. Jackson is a solid positional player, and in time could be a solid #1 corner, at worst a very good #2.

57 – Baltimore – Damian Williams (WR – U.S.C.)
Even after bringing in Anquan Boldin (who is 30 this season) via trade, resigning Mason, and Jermaine Gresham through the draft, the Raven are still in need of long term solutions at wide receiver, and Willimas can come in and contribute immediately as well. Suddenly a weekness has turned into a strength and Flacco’s present is as bright as his future.

58 – Arizona – Donald Butler – (ILB – Washington)
The loss of Dansby hurts Arizona a lot, a lot… Butler is very instinctual, and reminds me of Dansby in college. In time he could have the same impact in Arizona, and although this maybe a little high for him, the Cardinals need something in the middle of their defense, and Butler should start and perform from day one.

59 – Dallas – Reshad Jones (S – Georgia)
Jones is diverse enough to play either safety spot, he is good in run support, and instinctual enough to make plays in coverage. Any way you look at it he is a great fit for the Cowboys, who desperately need help at the safety spot.

60 – San Diego – Dominigue Franks (CB – Oklahoma)
Franks provides insurance in case Cason does not work out as the number two corner, and depth at corner is never a bad thing. If Franks trusted his instincts a little more, and with the right coaching could improve, he would be a first round caliber corner, and with improvement could in time become an elite corner.

61 – N.Y.J. – Moa Misi (OLB/DE – Utah)
A Rex Ryan type of guy who gives a 100% effort all the time, Misi is strong with excellent quickness. With Gholston almost an official bust, and Thomas turning 31 before the start of the season, a pass rush option opposite Pace is invaluable now, and moving towards the future.

62 – Minnesota – Colt McCoy (QB – Texas)
One eye on the future and year behind Favre could pay-off for the Vikings down the road. McCoy’s frame and build concern me, and watching Favre get battered around in the conference championship game would not make me comfortable if McCoy were to have to play in the near future.

63 – Indianapolis – Jason Fox (LT – Miami)
Having released Lilja, increases the need for help along the offensive line through the draft, and taking Fox allows Johnson to slide inside to guard. Fox needs some footwork help, and Howard Mudd would have helped, but Fox’s strength is in pass protection, which just happens to relate to a strength of a certain QB, and scheme in Indy…

64 – New Orleans – Darryl Washington (ILB – T.C.U.)
Washington is moving up draft boards, but falls to the Saints and they get a playmaking line backer with top flight instincts and a good football sense. The Saints get younger and more skilled at LB with this pick.

Round 3

65 – St. Louis – Lamarr Houston (DT – Texas)
The Rams have already addressed the offense, and find themselves in position to still take a premier defensive tackle with their 3rd pick, and it comes down to Tyson Alualu, and Lamarr Houston, and they go with Houston, who is slightly higher on their board.

66 – Detroit – Brandon Ghee (CB – W.F.)
Good value, good player, good pick overall.

67 – Tampa Bay – Alex Carrington (DE – Ark. St.)
After lighting up the Senior Bowl festivities, Carrington I believe did make a lot of money, has shown that he can play in any system and still be an effective player.

Forfeit – Washington

68 – Kansas City – John Asamoah (G – Illinois)
The Chiefs get some much needed help in the interior of their offensive line, and player who can contribute to the team next year, and into the future.

69 – Oakland – John Jerry (G/T – Ole. Miss.)
An option at guard or right tackle, Jerry offers diversity, and will help open holes for Raiders backs, the same as he did in Ole. Miss. A good fit with Oakland’s power run scheme if that is in fact what they end up doing like they say.

70 – Philadelphia (via Seattle) – Jamar Chaney (ILB – Miss. St.)
The Eagles released Will Witherspoon and instantly downgraded and already questionable line backing core that included Jeremiah Trotter being talked out of retirement. Chaney has the athleticism the Eagles like, and on the field production to match it.

71 – Cleveland – Jerome Murphy (CB – U.S.F.)
Murphy is an upgrade over nearly everyone at corner on the roster, other than Eric Wright, and another building block on defense who offers flexibility in coverage.

72 – Buffalo – Tim Tebow (QB –Florida)
The Bills need a leader at QB, and with Tebow falling into the third round, they just cannot help themselves...

73 – Miami – Jimmy Graham (TE – Miami)
At 6’8” and as athletically gifted as he is, Graham could help transform Chad Henne and Dolphins passing attack into a goal line nightmare for opponents. Graham is a willing Blocker, and smooth athlete who could open up the passing attack for the Dolphins.

74 – Jacksonville – Mike Johnson (G – Alabama)
Johnson is able to hold his own in the passing game, and can really excel in the run game, very intelligent and instinctual, Johnson can come in and start from day one.

75 – Chicago – Mitch Petrus (G – Arkansas)
Petrus is one of the least talked about, most underated players in
the draft to me, and has the ability to open holes in the run game, and hold his ground in pass protection. He comes in and starts from day one for the Bears, who could use the help in the interior of their offensive ine.

76 – N.Y. G. – Matt Tennant (C – B.C.)
Time to think of the future along the offensive line and Tennant is an excellent value. Shaun O’Hara is 33 this June, and there is no time like the present.

77 – Tennessee – Chris Cook (CB/S – U.Virginia)
Cook is rising fast, and the more I see of him, the more I like him, and think he would be a great compliment to Cortland Finnegan for years to come.

78 – Carolina – Tyson Alualu (DT – Cal.)
Replaces the 35 year old Hollis Thomas, and has a frame that can carry more weight, and still maintain his athleticism. Alualu has excellent hands and a strong punch that will allow him to be a force on the Panthers defensive line.

79 – San Francisco – Mardy Gilyard (WR – Cinci)
Too much value to pass up, helps in the return game, and could be an outstanding slot receiver, or number two if Morgan slips. Stock is on the rise and Gilyard helps the 49ers offense become leathal, and plays a part in the return game.

80 – Denver – J.D. Walton (C – Baylor)
Casey Wiegmann is 37 next season, and Ben Hamilton is 34…

81 – Houston – Amari Spievey (CB – Iowa)
Spievey could start from day one for the Texans, and is an upgrade over the majority of current depth chart.

82 – Pittsburgh – Arthur Jones (DE/DT – Syracuse)
Paired with Ziggy Hood at the 3 technique, Jones can play the 5 technique for the next decade for the Steelers, smart, athletic, good lateral movement skills, and an overall high football intelligence. Jones is a steal at this point in the draft.

83 – Atlanta – Rennie Curran (OLB – Georgia)
All this guy does is make tackles and eliminate the oppositions running game, making one play after another in the opponents backfield. Curran is another guy who can fit right into the scheme and coaching staff.

84 – Cincinnati – Geno Atkins (DT - Georgia)
Atkins helps boost the pass rush from the interior of the Bengal’s defensive line.

85 – Oakland (via N.E.) – Linval Joseph (DT – E.C.U.)
Active nose tackle with a good motor, Joseph needs to keep his pad level down in order to be effective, but has the ability to do so, and anchor the Raiders defense. Joseph is an under rated athlete, who can hold his ground, and collapse the pocket or make plays in the backfield.

86 – Green Bay – Joe McKnight (RB – U.S.C.)
Having a need for a 3rd down and change of pace back to compliment Grant, KcKight is type of player who makes a excellent offense elite.

87 – Philadelphia – Toby Gerhart (RB – Stanford)
Gerhart enhances the goal line and short yardage abilities of the Eagles offense, and provides an excellent compliment type back to McCoy.

88 – Arizona – Dennis Pitta (TE – B.Y.U.)
Pitta is upgrade receiving wise over every tight end on the depth chart, and with some coaching should be able to become an effective blocker.

89 – Arizona (via Baltimore) – Selvish Capers (LT – W.V.U)
Capers may need some time, but has the athletic ability in addition to the work ethic to succeed given a little time. Capers could be a left tackle, or the athletic right tackle to protect Leinart’s blind side.

90 – Dallas – Kyle Calloway (T – Iowa)
Calloway is the kind of versatile player who can play either tackle spot, and with Doug Free could anchor the Cowboys offensive line for the next decade along with Iupati.

91 – San Diego – Corey Wootten (DE – Northwestern)
Wootten’s value is too much to pass up, and with the need for a nose tackle almost resulting in a reach, the Chargers take the value and upgrade the exterior defensive line.

92 – Cleveland (via N.Y.J.) – Jonathan Dwyer (RB – G.T.)
Dwyer does not address a primary need for the Browns, but when the weather turns in the fall, and a grinder is needed in Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Baltimore, this pick makes a lot of sense. Dwyer helps soften the loss of Lewis, and compliments the existing backs.

93 – Minnesota – Montario Hardesty (RB – Tennessee)
Chester Taylor leaves in free agency and Montario steps in, a third round steal. Similar in style Hardesty allows for a smooth transition from Taylor in the Vikings backfield. Hardesty is a more talented runner than he is given credit for, although lately it looks like he is starting to get the credit he deserves.

94 – Indianapolis – Jermainne Cunningham (OLB/DE – Florida)
The Colts look to boost the pass rush rotation, and provide depth in case of injury, and Cunningham can do that, and has less risk than Greg Hardy, even at this point in the draft.

95 – New Orleans – Larry Asante (S – Nebraska)
Whether or not Sharper and Harper come back remains to be seen. Asante is a second round value available at the end of the third round, and has improved his play every year as a black shirt, has good functional football speed, and really improved in coverage during his senior year. Could one day form a exceptional safety combination with Jenkins.

Round 4

96 – St. Louis – Shawn Lauvao (G – Ariz. St.)
Lauvao is solid in pass protection, and can enhance the ability in the run game. Helps extend the life of Jackson, and the Clausen.

97 – Detroit – Sean Lee (ILB – P.S.U.)
Detroit lets Larry Foote walk, and Sean Lee drops right into their lap in the fourth round, not bad…

98 – Tampa Bay – Kam Chancellor (S – Va. Tech.)
Starter from day one at SS. Chancellor can cover, and provide a physical presence in the Bucs secondary.

99 – Kansas City – Andre Roberts (WR – Citadel)
After resigning Chris Chamber, the Chiefs look for a slot receiver, and Roberts is not afraid to go over the middle, runs great routes, and has the type of work ethic that will mesh well with Todd Haley.

100 – Washington - C.J. Wilson (DE – E.C.U.)
Productive, high motor that might run higher in the 4th quarter than in the first, and the type of player who gives a max effort every play no matter the score, and a player who could excel in the 5 technique.

101 – Seattle – Greg Hardy (DE – Ole Miss)
Hardy’s free fall down the draft finally comes to an end, with Pete Carroll thinking he can fix Hardy, and transform him into the player he once was, and could be.

102 – Cleveland – Ciron Black (RG/RT – L.S.U.)
Black offers diversity being able to play right tackle, and could find a home at guard as well. Played against top competition his entire college career.

103 – Oakland – A.J. Edds (OLB – Iowa)
Edds is one of the undervalued commodities in this draft, he is always around the ball, Excellent instincts, and plays the pass as well as he plays the run.

104 – Buffalo – Eric Decker (WR – Minnesota)
Decker runs great routes, knows how to get open, and gives the Bills quarterbacks a big target opposite Lee Evans.

105 – Jacksonville – Tony Pike (QB – Cincy)
A steal in the fourth round. Reminds me a lot of Bradford, and could start in the near future for the Jaguars.

106 – Chicago – Donovan Warren (CB – Michigan)
Warren helps a depleted secondary, and although he is a little under cooked, given time and with the right coaching, could become a very good, well rounded corner.

107 – Miami – Micah Johnson (ILB – Kentucky)
Johnson is the “thumper” Miami’s defense sorely lacks, and with Dan Williams solidifies the interior run defense of the Dolphins 3-4 defense.

108 – Tennessee – Eric Olsen (C – Notre Dame)
With no long term answer at center, Olsen could come in and start from day one.

109 – Carolina – Dexter McCluster (WR/RB – Ole. Miss.)
McCluster gives the Panthers an explosive third down option in the backfield, who doubles as a receiver capable of helping the passing attack out of the slot.

110 – San Francisco – Javier Arenas (CB – Alabama)
There are questions in the 9ers secondary at corner, especially in nickel and dime packages. Arenas can play the nickel or dime, and help in special teams.

111 – Denver – Zach Beadles (G – Utah)
Terrific value in the fourth round for the Bronco’s who need help at guard, and Beadles is athletic, capable of fitting into McDaniel’s scheme offensively.

112 – N.Y.G. – Marshall Newhouse (RT – T.C.U.)
Newhouse offers flexibility in that he could play guard as well as right tackle.

113 – Pittsburgh – Vince Oghobaase (DT – Duke)
With a frame capable of adding weight, Oghobaase can control the line of scrimmage, and is given the time he needs to develop behind Casey Hampton.

114 – Atlanta – Ted Larson (C – N.C. State)
Falcons centers are on the wrong side of 30, and soon enough will be collecting S.S.I.

115 – Houston – Jordan Shipley (WR – U. Texas)
Working out of the slot, Shipley should enhance the Texans offense, and free up Johnson, Walter, and company to make even more plays. Shipley also offers great value for the Texans at this point in the draft.

116 – New England – Mike Neal (DE/DT – Purdue)
Losing Green to free agency, and having traded Seymour to the Raiders leaves the Patriots thin along the defensive line, and Neal could provide depth, and in time become a starter in the New England front.

117 – Cincinnati - Roddrick Muckelroy (OLB – Texas)
The value Muckelroy presents at this spot in regards to the future of the line backing core is too much for the Bengals to pass on. With Maualuga moving to the MLB spot in the next year or two, and Rivers and Muckelroy flanking him the future is very bright.

118 – Philadelphia – Darrell Stuckey (S – Kansas)
Teams did not throw at Stuckey as much in 2009 as they did in 2008, and the result was pass defensive numbers slipped, but the talent is still there, and this is a fourth round steal for the Eagles who need help at safety.

119 – Green Bay – T.J. Ward (SS – Oregon)
Ward upgrades the SS postion in Packerland, and can support the run, and drop into coverage.

120 – Arizona (via Baltimore) – Brandon Lang (OLB/DE – Troy)
Lang seems perfectly suited to play in a 3-4, and the Cardinals have to many questions, and age concerns at OLB to take just one in this draft.

121 – N.Y.J. (via Arizona) – Myron Rolle (FS – F.S.U.)
After trading Rhodes, depth at safety becomes a concern, Leonard can hold down one spot, and Smith might be able to hold down the other, but Rolle has the intelligence and physical attributes to play either spot.

122 – Dallas – Syd’Quan Thompson (CB – Cal.)
Thompson can help in Nickel and Dime packages, and possibly become a solid number two starter in time, and is a good value at this point in the draft.

123 – San Diego – Torrell Troup (NT – U.C.F.)
The Chargers take what some may consider a reach, but with the value in nose tackles, and the rate at which they are being drafted, San Diego needs to address the position. Troup should be able to add some weight, and at the least help the center of the defensive line rotation.

124 – Philadelphia (via N.Y.J.) - Dekoda Watson (OLB – F.S.U.)
The Eagles need to upgrade their line backing core in general, and Watson comes into the right situation to help in Phily.

125 – Minnesota - Sergio Render (G – Va. Tech.)
Render is the best value for the Vikings needs at this point in the draft.

126 – Indianapolis – Thaddeus Gibson (OLB – O.S.U.)
Gibson can compete for a starting spot immediately, and comes from a similar style defense, making for a smooth transition.

127 – New Orleans - D’Anthony Smith (DT – La. Tech.)
Smith is a powerful guy, who might not have the ideal bulk the Saints are looking for, but he is a good penetrator who has the frame to bulk up, and still be effective. With his footwork, hands, and some coaching he could become a very effective pairing with Ellis.

Round 5

128 – St. Louis – Ed Dickson (TE – Oregon)
The Rams continue to upgrade their offense, and find a gem waiting for them at the beginning of the fifth round.

129 – Atlanta (via Detroit) – Dorin Dickerson (TE/H-Back – Pitt.)
I am not sure how Dickerson fits in with his size, but watching him handle J.P.P. leads me to believe that he, Coach Smith, and Matt Ryan will find a way to make it work.

130 – Cleveland (via Tampa Bay) – Cameron Sheffield (ILB/OLB – Troy)
Sheffield has the size to be the “thumper” Cleveland’s defense sorely needs, and with his instincts and understanding of coverage concepts could have an impact much sooner than many think.

131 – Washington - James Starks (RB – U. Buffalo)
Starks was on the rise before his injury and I believe would have been taken well before this pick had he played this season. Starks is a solid change of pace back to Portis, who is a capable blocker, very good reciever out of the backfield, and a one cut type of runner.

132 – Kansas City - Aaron Hernandez (TE – Florida)
Hernandez cannot block well, but the Chiefs already have tight ends for that, and Hernandez can come in on third downs and help transform the Chiefs passing attack.

133 – Cleveland - Brandon Deaderick (DE – Alabama)
Deaderick showed flashes of potential throughout the previous season, and when he made plays they were often big ones. In Cleveland he comes in as a rotational player, who could start down the road.

134 – Oakland - Pat Angerer (ILB – Iowa)
An over haul of the linebacking core in Oakland is warranted, and this second piece from Iowa is another guy always around the ball, with great instincts, and a capable run and pass defender. A steal in the fifth round.

135 – Seattle - Ben Tate (RB – Auburn)
With an upgrade needed in the Seahawks backfield, Tate is the best value.

136 – Buffalo – George Selvie (OLB/DE – U.S.F.)
Selvie is the classic tweener, and gives Buffalo a situational pass rusher opposite Maybin, who with the right coaching could develop into a Jason Taylor type player.

137 – Chicago – Tony Washington (LT/G – Abilene Christian)
Washington is an interesting prospect who could be gone as early as the second round, but drops in this scenario, and is picked up immediately by the Bears who see him as a potential starting right tackle, and possible guard as well.

138 – Kansas City (via Miami) – Kade Weston (NT – Georgia)
Weston is the best nose tackle left, that has production to match his potential, with some coaching and technique refining could be a solid anchor in the Chiefs future.

139 – Jacksonville – Kendrick Lewis (SS – Ole. Miss.)
The best remaining safety on the board, and one who can play the run, and is not a total wash in pass coverage. Slow 40 time is irrelevant to me with his game speed.

140 – Kansas City (via Carolina) – Will Barker (T/G – Virginia)
The Chiefs take a versatile lineman who can play guard and tackle.

141 – San Francisco - Chet Teofilo (G – Cal.)
Depth along the offensive line is never a bad thing, and Teofilo can enhance the run game and has the ability to anchor against the rush, a potential steal in the fifth round.

142 – Cleveland (via Detroit) – Anthony McCoy (TE – U.S.C.)
A fifth round steal, and instantly the best all around tight end on the roster.

143 – N.Y.G. - Jason Worlids (DE – Va. Tech.)
What happens with Osi? I don’t know, but Worlids has the potential to help the pass rush.

144 – Tennessee – Justin Cole (OLB – S.J.S)
Even with signing Witherspoon, the OLB spot is not as strong as it could be, and Cole is an excellent value in the fifth, and the type of player who can provide depth now, and start later.

145 – Detroit (via Atlanta) - Austen Lane (DE – Murray St.)
Size and athleticism help Lane make an impact in the future, and learning how to be a professional behind Vanden Bosch will help.

146 – Houston – Jeff Byers (C/G – U.S.C.)
Myers is not the long term answer at center, and the guard position could use some competition as well. Byers can handle both similarly to Caldwell, and offers versatility.

147 – Pittsburgh – Willie Young (OLB/DE – N.C. State)
Depth behind Harrison and Woodley, Young could develop in time similarly to Harrison, and one day become a starter.

148 – Cincinnati – Brandon Carter (G – Texas Tech.)
The Bengals like bigger guards and take the biggest guard in the draft, who gets good push in the run game, and considering his size is fairly athletic in pass protection.

149 – Tampa Bay (via N.E.) – Corey Peters (DT – Kentucky)
Hard working DT who can add some weight and still be effective, depth and rotational player on the defensive line.

150 – Green Bay – O’Brien Schofield (OLB/DE - Wisconsin)
The Packers take an early flier on a guy who would likely have been taken much earlier than this if he had not torn up his knee during Senior Bowl practice. Schofield flashed lots of potential and has enough upside to provide a pass rush opposite Matthews in the years to come to justify this pick.

151 – N.Y.J. (via Philadelphia) – Joique Bell (RB – Wayne St.)
Bell improved his stock significantly at the Senior Bowl, showing excellent natural running ability, and himself to be a capable back in pass protection and catching the ball.

152 – Baltimore – Myron Lewis (CB/S – Vanderbilt)
Lewis falls and Baltimore looks at him as the ultimate value/need pick. Lewis can help in nickel coverage, could play safety, and is versatile enough to help Baltimore’s secondary immediately.

153 – Baltimore (via Arizona) – John Skelton (QB – Fordham)
My guess in Smith leaves this year or the next year, and Skelton can come in and possibly be a Flacco clone if need be.

154 – Oakland (via Denver, N.E., Dallas, whoever…) – Joe Hawley (C – U.N.L.V.)
Hawley has an NFL body at center, and plays with smarts and intenstiy. The Raiders continue to address their offensive line of the future.

155 – Houston (via S.D.) – Walter McFadden (CB – Auburn)McFadden has the potential to become a special nickel corner, and one day form a very good corner combination with Spievey.

156 – Cleveland (via N.Y.J.) – Dan LeFevour (QB – Central Michigan)
LeFevour has west coast offense written all over him, and Holmgren gets a steal in the fifth round, and potential leader of his team for years to come.

157 – Minnesota – Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (CB – Indiana (PA))
Depth at corner, with injuries and age becoming a factor.

158 – Indianapolis – Jevan Snead (QB – Ole. Miss.)
With Sorgi leaving in free agency, and Curtis Painter being the back-up… The quarterback position in five years in doubt, and that is just about how long it will take for Manning to straighten Snead out.

159 – St. Louis (via Philly, and N.O.) – Larry Hart (OLB C. Arkansas)
Hart is good in space, an effective blitzer, and instinctual. Could work his way into the starting lineup as early as mid season, and play situationally right away.

Sixth Round
160 - St. Louis - Lindsey Witten (DE - U. Conn.)
161 - Atlanta (via Detroit) - Taylor Price (WR - Ohio)
162 - Tampa Bay - Earl Mitchell (DT - Arizona)
163 - Miami (via K.C.) - Robert Johnson (S - Utah)
164 - Miami (via Washington) - Anthony Dixon (RB - Miss. St.)
165 - Carolina (via Oakland) - Jacoby Ford (WR - Clemson)
166 - Seattle - Trevard Lindley (CB - Kentucky)
167 - Cleveland - Reggie Stephens (G - Iowa St.)
168 - Buffalo - Arthur Moats (LB - J.M.U.)
169 - Miami - Carlton Mitchell (WR - U.S.F.)
170 - Jacksonville - Terrell Skinner (S - Maryland)
171 - Chicago - Dace Richardson (T/G - Iowa)
172 - San Francisco - Donario Alexander (WR - Mizzu)
173 - Denver - Shelley Smith (G - Col. St.)
174 - N.Y.G. - Michael Smith (RB - Arkansas)
175 - Tennessee - Zac Robinson (QB - OK. St.)
176 - Cleveland (via Carolina) - Rashawn Jackson (FB - Virginia)
177 - Houston - Perry Riley (OLB - L.S.U.)
178 - Pittsburgh - Nathan Overbay (TE - E. Wash.)
179 - Atlanta - Antonio Brown (WR - C. Michigan)
180 - New England - LaGarrette Blount – (RB – Oregon)
181 - Cincinnati - Michael Hoomanawanui (TE - Illinois)
182 - Buffalo (via Phily) - Chris Scott (T/G - Tennessee)
183 - Green Bay - Clifton Geathers – (DE – S. Carolina)
184 - Baltimore - Brett Swenson – (K – Mich. St.)
185 - Arizona - Marcus Easley – (WR – Uconn.)
186 - Dallas - Adam Ulatowski – (T – Texas)
187 - San Diego - Mike McGlaughlin – (ILB – B.C.)
188 - N.Y.J. - Trindon Holliday – (RS – L.S.U.)
189 - Minnesota - Keenan Clayton – (OLB – Oklahoma)
190 - Philadelphia (via Indy) - Kurt Coleman – (S – O.S.U.)
191 - New Orleans - John Estes – (C – Hawaii)

Best of the rest…
Dezmon Briscoe (WR – Kansas)
Jonathon Amaya – (S- Nevada)
Darryl Sharpton – (OLB – Miami)
Boo Robinson – (DT – Wake Forrest)
Freddie Barnes – (WR – Bowling Green)
Rico McCoy – (OLB – Tennessee)
Jarrett Brwon – (QB – W.V.)
Levi Brown – (QB – Troy)
Manase Tonga – (FB – B.Y.U)
Sam Young – (T – Notre Dame)
Jeremy Williams – (WR – Tulane)
Sean Canfield – (QB – Oregon St.)
Barry Church – (S – Toledo)
Lonyae Miller – (RB – Fresno St.)
Emmanuel Sanders – (WR – S. Meth.)
Mike Williams – (WR – Syracuse)
Kevin Haslem – (T – Rutgers)
Darryl Sharpton – (LB – U. Miami)
Leigh Tiffin - (K – Alabama)
Zoltan Mesko – (P – Michigan)
Trindon Holliday – (RS – L.S.U.)
Brandon Banks – (RS – Kansas St.)
Colin Peek (TE - Alabama)[/

vidae
03-11-2010, 12:49 PM
1. Eric Berry (FS – Tennessee)
2a. Brandon Spikes (MLB – Florida) Maurkice Pouncey
2b. Eric Norwood (OLB – S. Carolina)
3. John Asamoah (G – Illinois)
4. Andre Roberts (WR – Citadel) Micah Johnson
5a. Aaron Hernandez (TE – Florida)
5b. Kade Weston (NT – Georgia)
5c. Will Barker (T/G – Virginia)

I love this draft, but the only thing I'd consider changing is Pouncey over Spikes in the second and Micah Johnson over Roberts in the fourth. ILB is a huuuuge need but I'm not very high on Spikes.

I always look forward to these and you've definitely earned some rep for this one.

Grizzlegom
03-11-2010, 12:54 PM
started out good for the Phins with the first two picks but then the next two are both reaches. I suppose i could live with Jimmy Graham but not until the 4th and Micah Johnson isn't even really draftable at this point after how slow and stiff he looked at the combine. A WR like Carlton Mitchell would be a much better choice there.

Poz51
03-11-2010, 12:56 PM
I love this draft, but the only thing I'd consider changing is Pouncey over Spikes in the second. ILB is a huuuuge need but I'm not very high on him.

I always look forward to these and you've definitely earned some rep for this one.

You know, I thought about that, and just have the need at ILB higher than that of C. I think either way its a win for them, and really liked this draft for the Chiefs, and I really like Spikes, so that is a personal preference, and love the value combination he and Berry give the Chief, and as a Bills fan would love to be in the Chiefs position in this draft! Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it a lot :cool:

Pat Sims 90
03-11-2010, 12:59 PM
I doubt we take a WR in the 1st now with the signing of Bryant. Price, Kindle, Iupati or Gresham are better possiabilitys

Rest of the draft is fine but might have to change somethings up if you change the 1st Round

DiG
03-11-2010, 01:00 PM
almost the perfect redskins draft. i love love love the 1st, 2nd, and 5th round picks. the 4th round pick isnt bad but i think linebacker is a more pressing need than dl with the signing of kemo.

FlyingElvis
03-11-2010, 01:02 PM
22 – New England – Sergio Kindle (OLB – Texas)
New England upgrades the pass rush with the ultra talent Kindle, who should have no troubles adapting to the 3-4 rush backer, exactly what the Patriots need. Kindle I thought put on a display in the championship game that will leave a lasting impression on scouts and build positive momentum heading into the draft and Kindle could end up back in the top half of the draft as it approaches.

44 – New England (via Jacksonville) – Roger Saffold (G/T – Indiana)
Staffold is the versatile type of player the Patriots love to have, he can help at guard or kick out to tackle if need be.

47 – New England (via Tennesse) – Rob Gronkowski (TE – Arizona)
The Patriots opt for the ultra-talented tight end who is a capable run blocker, and more than capable option in the passing attack, despite having a plethora of options to take in this spot.

53 – New England – Brandon Lafell (WR – L.S.U.)
A terrific option as the number two receiver opposite Moss, and is a better option than Sam Aiken, allows Edleman and Welker when he comes back to work from the slot.

116 – New England – Mike Neal (DE/DT – Purdue)
Losing Green to free agency, and having traded Seymour to the Raiders leaves the Patriots thin along the defensive line, and Neal could provide depth, and in time become a starter in the New England front.

I'll be honest, I was anxiously scrolling through reading each pick & hoping that 4th round pick for NE would be either Ben Tate or Tony Washington. I am disappoint.

DE is a need, though I think we'll see Pryor & Wright hold that spot down with an outside shot at Brace not being a bust.

Solid draft, as usual. And I guess I can hold out hope that NE gets Blount in the sixth.

Poz51
03-11-2010, 01:04 PM
started out good for the Phins with the first two picks but then the next two are both reaches. I suppose i could live with Jimmy Graham but not until the 4th and Micah Johnson isn't even really draftable at this point after how slow and stiff he looked at the combine. A WR like Carlton Mitchell would be a much better choice there.

I really like Graham, and have for a while, the guy is fearless, and a true football player IMO, can only get better, and for me a great value in the third round. I would have agreed with you about Johnson until the Kentucky pro-day, when he ran in the 4.7-4.8 range (http://www.kentucky.com/2010/03/11/1176144/cats-ease-their-draft-worries.html), and I thought at the combine he looked like a bunch of nerves, and is a much better player on the field than he showed. I am doing a 6th round now, and actually had Easley as the pick, and thought about Mitchell too, I might come out with that next week, but by then I am sure free agency will F*$% everything I have done up...

Poz51
03-11-2010, 01:08 PM
I doubt we take a WR in the 1st now with the signing of Bryant. Price, Kindle, Iupati or Gresham are better possiabilitys

Rest of the draft is fine but might have to change somethings up if you change the 1st Round

Yeah I saw the Bryant thing yesterday and was already to deep into this to change it, so to my Bengal's fans I apologize, I was really under the impression that they would sign T.O. for a season and develop Benn to replace T.O. Looking at it now I would go Price or Iupati, and lean toward Iupati. If it were me I would take Gresham hands down, but as I have learned Brat is an moron, and believes in limiting his passing attack...

FlyingElvis
03-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Ocho is in the final year of his contract with an option for 2011 that will cost an extra $3 million, so it's a safe bet they'll need a WR2 behind Bryant next year, anyway.

Poz51
03-11-2010, 01:12 PM
almost the perfect redskins draft. i love love love the 1st, 2nd, and 5th round picks. the 4th round pick isnt bad but i think linebacker is a more pressing need than dl with the signing of kemo.

I am now just finding out about Kemo, and initially think he and Albert can play the 0 and 3, still leaving Wilson for the 5, but understand what you are saying, who are thinking at that spot? My 6th round initially has Arthur Moats going to the Skins to fill that need, but I was not too confident...

Poz51
03-11-2010, 01:15 PM
I'll be honest, I was anxiously scrolling through reading each pick & hoping that 4th round pick for NE would be either Ben Tate or Tony Washington. I am disappoint.

DE is a need, though I think we'll see Pryor & Wright hold that spot down with an outside shot at Brace not being a bust.

Solid draft, as usual. And I guess I can hold out hope that NE gets Blount in the sixth.

I guess I should have kept Tate there then!! Lol, I had him there then went back through and revised it to Neal after looking at the depth on the D-Line, Washington I have had there in the past and makes sense as well, I wouldnt blame them for taking any of the three. Blount in the 6th makes sense, and I will certainly consider it if I put out the 6th round, which I probably will next week... Sorry to disappoint, thanks for the input though :)

"Ocho is in the final year of his contract with an option for 2011 that will cost an extra $3 million, so it's a safe bet they'll need a WR2 behind Bryant next year, anyway."
I was unaware, but certainly helps make a case to take his replacement asap... But I would probably still go in another direction... Who knows..

Pat Sims 90
03-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Ocho is in the final year of his contract with an option for 2011 that will cost an extra $3 million, so it's a safe bet they'll need a WR2 behind Bryant next year, anyway.

Yea but if they take a WR in the 1st that means the Bengals will be dump Chad next year and i dont see that happening anytime soon. Could get a decent WR in the 2nd or 3rd round

FlyingElvis
03-11-2010, 01:26 PM
All 3 are solid options, that's for sure. With Blount falling I think Washington would be the best pick simply because the line would be beastly for years to come and Blount could still be a possibility later. Plus BB has always shown a propensity for bringing in veteran HBs, which I'm sure Brady appreciates.

Vollmer / Mankins / [badly needed new center] / Saffold / Washington
^sign me up for that in 2011!

DiG
I am now just finding out about Kemo, and initially think he and Albert can play the 0 and 3, still leaving Wilson for the 5, but understand what you are saying, who are thinking at that spot? My 6th round initially has Arthur Moats going to the Skins to fill that need, but I was not too confident...

the skins are more likely to give Jarmon a try at the 5 as backup to Philip Daniels before they draft someone else. I actually think Jarmon could be very good there. he was playing at just under 280 last year and could easily add 10 lbs to his frame. i would love thadeus gibson in the 4th but also think guys like edds and micah would be nice picks.

Jakey
Nice Steelers mock. Veldheer is abit of a reach there...but overall, very nice.

coordinator0
03-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Love the Baltimore draft, except for the QB. John Beck will be the backup in Baltimore, for better or for worse (thanks Cameron).

Hines
03-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Love this mock for the Steelers.

gsorace
03-11-2010, 01:49 PM
PERFECT Jets draft

proshoota25
03-11-2010, 02:35 PM
i like this patriots draft nice job

prock
03-11-2010, 03:36 PM
perfect vikes mock

billsfootball15
03-11-2010, 04:20 PM
great Bills draft...love Eric Decker...

must say tho i absolutely hate the 3rd rd pick

twizbuck
03-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Eh. Decent.

- Don't like Benn, nor taking a WR in the first. Price makes a lot more sense.

- Wright over Reshad Jones would kill me.

- Rest are ok.

RaiderNation
03-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Realistic raiders draft I gues

jCut
03-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Pretty good Denver draft. I don't think the McCourty pick would happen, but I am a fan of his.

thebow305
03-11-2010, 08:59 PM
We don't need an ILB, so give the Phins Carlton Mitchell or Dezmon Briscoe in the 4th instead of Micah Johnson and it would be a GREAT Phins draft!

Unbiased
03-11-2010, 09:13 PM
I always like your mocks, Poz. That Jacksonville draft is very good. With the Kampman signing, maybe we can take a risk with a guy like JPP. I love Mike Johnson, too. Good job.

BaLLiN
03-11-2010, 09:15 PM
average giants picks, Cam Thomas is not worth a 2nd rounder imo

21ST
03-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Thats the best draft for the redskins i have seen all year

Brown Leader
03-11-2010, 11:52 PM
-I'm not sure about DEZ yet. It's not about his ability but where his head is at.

-Bulaga is top ten-but this has been hashed already.

-If u believe the league is going to more of a passing game-Spiller probably goes higher than 20 because of his explosiveness and fit into a pass heavy scheme.

-Benn is a questionable 1st round imo. Plenty raw potential but he looks a little Chad Jackson to me.

-Trent Williams may have post-seasoned himself into the top ten.

-Chad Jones is far too overrated here.

-It'll be hard to keep Pouncey out of the 1st round.

-Dywer over Hardesty? ..are you sick?

-McCluster lasts to the 4th round..?

Real likable Browns draft if Montario over Jonathan.

Menardo75
03-12-2010, 02:37 AM
If the Niners pulled off this draft a playoff birth would be a lock great work.

Poz51
03-12-2010, 08:52 AM
the skins are more likely to give Jarmon a try at the 5 as backup to Philip Daniels before they draft someone else. I actually think Jarmon could be very good there. he was playing at just under 280 last year and could easily add 10 lbs to his frame. i would love thadeus gibson in the 4th but also think guys like edds and micah would be nice picks.

Alright, that makes sense, for some reason Jarmon was not in my line of thinking but what you say certainly makes sense to me. I will rethink that, and would agree that in this situation Gibson makes sense, and Johnson does as well. What are your thoughts on Moats, I know he's a bit short, but watching him play I can see a lot of potential, although J.M.U. plays an odd defense, and I am having an interesting time seeing how it translates...

Poz51
03-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Nice Steelers mock. Veldheer is abit of a reach there...but overall, very nice.

I would agree a little with Veldheer being a reach, but that certainly is a trend in the league lately, and with Veldheer being higher on my board than Fox, Capers, and Washington, I went with Veldheer, and the best value. I appreciate the feedback though :)

Poz51
03-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Love the Baltimore draft, except for the QB. John Beck will be the backup in Baltimore, for better or for worse (thanks Cameron).

Thanks for the love, and I have seen that Cameron likes Beck. I feel that is a for worse situation, especially if Smith leaves, and thought Skelton was an excellent value at that spot, I think its a good thing Newsome has the final say, and that made me feel comfortable with the Skelton pick, but I could just as easily see it going in another direction... I appreciate the input.

Poz51
03-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Love this mock for the Steelers.

Thanks, I thought it really addressed the needs for the Steelers, particularly on defense, and if Haden runs a better 40 at his pro day wont be there, but based on the combine time, I cant see a team taking him in the top half of the draft, so lucky for the Steelers at this point he did not get out of his track stance quickly enough.

Poz51
03-12-2010, 09:14 AM
PERFECT Jets draft

Thanks, I thought they did well in this mock myself, Odrick helps them get younger on the D-line and more talented too, Misi is a guy I am not as high on as most, but looks like a good fit in N.Y. Rolle is a guy I think can come in and contribute, and even if they sign Sharper is good for them in the long term, and Bell can come in and help on third downs whether or not Washington comes back healthy, and in the long term really help this team.

Poz51
03-12-2010, 09:24 AM
i'd be ecstatic if that was denver's draft. i'm not real high on mccourty (sorry scotty), but that's a minor quibble.

I thought it was good, getting McClain in the first I thought was a great pickup, as he is a prospect I love. Im with you on McCourty, I actually think he has good technique but plays to far off, is not very instinctual, and with all the talk about him being a potential first round pick (personally I see him as a third round guy, who needs some coaching) though think he will go higher than IMO he should. But it certainly is all debatable, and a matter of opinion. I like Walton and Beadles to them in the third and fourth rounds, especially with the free agents they have acquired to upgrade the defensive front... I appreciate the feedback, and am glad to have another person who is with me on McCourty :)

Poz51
03-12-2010, 09:29 AM
i like this patriots draft nice job

Thanks I appreciate it, had some self initiated debate about the 116th pick, originally had a Ben Tate there, had Washington in a previous, but ended up with Neal there in this one because of my percieved lack of depth on the dline, either way though I think the Patriots come out of this draft winners, and still have time to pick up good players in the later rounds. I think this is a really deep draft for the most part, and the Patriots should come out of it with one of the better classes... Unfortunately for the Bills...

wicket
03-12-2010, 09:29 AM
32 – New Orleans – Everson Griffen (DE – U.S.C.)
Griffen wowed many at the combine, and maybe enough to fool scouts into looking past his inconsistent game tape. Griffen has good pass rush moves, and closing speed/burst. He is athletic with great physical skills that do not always translate to success on the field. I think with the right coaching, he could reach his potential, and Greg Williams is more than capable. Does he remind anyone else of Kenechi Udeze?

64 – New Orleans – Darryl Washington (ILB – T.C.U.)
Washington is moving up draft boards, but falls to the Saints and they get a playmaking line backer with top flight instincts and a good football sense. The Saints get younger and more skilled at LB with this pick.

95 – New Orleans – Larry Asante (S – Nebraska)
Whether or not Sharper and Harper come back remains to be seen. Asante is a second round value available at the end of the third round, and has improved his play every year as a black shirt, has good functional football speed, and really improved in coverage during his senior year. Could one day form a exceptional safety combination with Jenkins.

127 – New Orleans - D’Anthony Smith (DT – La. Tech.)
Smith is a powerful guy, who might not have the ideal bulk the Saints are looking for, but he is a good penetrator who has the frame to bulk up, and still be effective. With his footwork, hands, and some coaching he could become a very effective pairing with Ellis.

Yeah this works for me :)

Poz51
03-12-2010, 09:45 AM
perfect vikes mock

Thanks, I know Jones is falling out of favor a bit in soem league circles, but I still am high on him, and would take him over Mays myself, McCoy I think would be a good fit in their system. Hardesty I almost mocked into several spots before, and I am really starting to think will be gone by the time the Vikings are on the clock in the third round, but regardless I like him to the Vikings alot, even if they sign Tomlinson. Render is a good fit IMO as well, and could really help the running game, and with some time become a very capable pass protector. Ansah's size was the deciding factor over Lindley in the fifth, and after those two, the corner depth in the draft really drops IMO, so that was a good addition as well. Appreciate the feedback :)

Poz51
03-12-2010, 10:01 AM
great Bills draft...love Eric Decker...

must say tho i absolutely hate the 3rd rd pick

I must say that the 3rd round pick (who's name we must not mention) is not high on my list either, but it does make some sense, and personally I would prefer to take a guy like Alualu, or Jones to help along the defensive line, but realistically I could see them grabbing the guy who's name we must not mention in the third. Im a big Decker fan myself, and for some reason I see him falling more than he should in this draft, which would be great for the Bills :)

killxswitch
03-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Other than Snead in the 5th that is a great Colts mock. You obviously put a lot of thought and effort into this and it's the best multi-round Colts mock I've seen.

wonderbredd24
03-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Dez Bryant COULD happen, but Joe Haden would be better

Nate Allen is a good pick

Would rather have Jimmy Graham or Arthur Jones over Jerome Murphy, especially since we would be getting Haden

4th round is great as is the 5th until the LeFevour pick. Give us Owusu-Ansah there.

Not bad at all overall though. Very impressed with the 4th and 5th rounds for us

Poz51
03-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Eh. Decent.

- Don't like Benn, nor taking a WR in the first. Price makes a lot more sense.

- Wright over Reshad Jones would kill me.

- Rest are ok.

Well at least its better than horrible... I can understand Price, if its me, I take Gresham and dont look back, but thats my personal preference. I understand you with the Wright over Jones, but I went with the pure FS, and personally I like Jones more myself. Atkins in this situation fills a similar role to Price, but Atkins is no Price IMO, but helps boost the interior pass rush. I am really high on Muckelroy, and dont think he gets the respect he deserves, there were times this past season where I thought he was the best player on the field for Texas, better than Thomas, Houston and Kindle... I think he is very under rated... Carter could help, and with some time become a very effective guard for the Bengals. Benn was the pick before the Bryant signing, and my thinking was they would go with T.O. for a year, and let Benn develop then start Benn full time in two years, but like I said that was before the Bryant signing....

Poz51
03-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Realistic raiders draft I gues

I am not a fan of mocking for the Raiders, realistically you know Al is going with the best Athletes first and foremost the majority of the time. Watching Campbell at the combine, one thought kept popping into my head; With the 8th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft the Oakland Raiders select Bruce Campbell, tackle from Maryland. At least it fits a need... Robinson in the second was along the same lines, although I think Asomuagh will help him out tremendously. Joseph, Edds, and Angerer are some of my favorite prospects, and would be able to postively affect the Raiders on the field immediatly. Jerry would be a good fit on the oline and the power scheme. I can understand any disappointment in the first two picks though, history is a B!%$h...

Poz51
03-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Pretty good Denver draft. I don't think the McCourty pick would happen, but I am a fan of his.

I liked it alot better than previous versions I have put out, and actually did not like the McCourty pick, as I am not a big fan of his interesting enough, like his technique, and ability, not his football sense, and to me he plays too conservative, too much. But that was like a gut feeling type pick. I certainly could see them go in another direction, and I entertained thoughts of a wide reciever with that pick... Thanks for the input, I appreciate it :) What do yo think of Walton and Beadles?

Poz51
03-12-2010, 10:37 AM
We don't need an ILB, so give the Phins Carlton Mitchell or Dezmon Briscoe in the 4th instead of Micah Johnson and it would be a GREAT Phins draft!

No the Dolphins probably do not, and looking back at this I clearly forgot that they signed Karlos Dansby... Wont make that mistake again!! I am getting the feeling that I might be undervalueing Mitchell a little, but I had Easley as the pick in the sixth round, and will look into him and Mitchell in my next edition, Briscoe makes sense too, I am just not as high on him as most. But I will certainly entertain your input moving forward, thanks :)

Poz51
03-12-2010, 10:44 AM
I always like your mocks, Poz. That Jacksonville draft is very good. With the Kampman signing, maybe we can take a risk with a guy like JPP. I love Mike Johnson, too. Good job.

Thanks, I really appreciate that :) I stayed with the J.P.P. pick even with the Kampman signing, you never know how well his injury will heal, and I think he will be able to teach all the Jag's dlinemen alot, and will help moving forward. Johnson is a guy I like a lot, I think he is the defintion of a football player, and like him in Jacksonville alot as well. Pike is a good development type player, who would benefit from sitting for a while, and Lewis is a guy who is getting caught up in his numbers with out the pads on, and with the pads on I like him... I really wish they had their second pick this year... Anyway, thanks for the feedback :D

Poz51
03-12-2010, 10:46 AM
average giants picks, Cam Thomas is not worth a 2nd rounder imo

Yeah I hear you, and agree about Thomas. Outside of Weatherspoon, it was not one of my favorite team mocks, although I am a bigger fan of Tennant than most.... I understand where you are coming from though in regards to the Giants draft...

Poz51
03-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Thats the best draft for the redskins i have seen all year

Thank you! I appreciate it, I would agree with D30 about Wilson in the fourth though, and that is despite my liking Wilson as a prospect alot, Jarmon and Daniels are a good combo, although Wlison would probide excellent depth, and potentially start down the road. Thanks for the input!

zachsaints52
03-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Really like this version Poz. We get a starter in Griffen and Washington, maybe even SMith, and we get a good valued Safety. Very good.

Poz51
03-12-2010, 11:53 AM
-I'm not sure about DEZ yet. It's not about his ability but where his head is at.
I hear you about his head, but I have heard enough from him to think it is in a decent place, but that is my opinion, and think he still needs to understand his personal responsibility a little more in the situation, and stop with the "they over reacted" crap.

-Bulaga is top ten-but this has been hashed already.
Certainly appears to be, but only 10 players can be taken in the top ten...
From what I have heard these are the top ten pick players coming out in the draft (for the most part, again from what I have heard, read, etc... Bradford, Clausen, Davis, Bulaga, Okung, Williams, Spiller (not as many think so as others), Bryant, J.P.P., Morgan, Suh, McCoy, McClain, Berry and Haden. Then depending on who you ask, Campbell (especially with the Raiders picking in the top ten), Mays and Thomas have also been mentioned. So widely mentioned there are 15-18 top ten picks, and not all of them are going to fit into the top ten...

-If u believe the league is going to more of a passing game-Spiller probably goes higher than 20 because of his explosiveness and fit into a pass heavy scheme.
I do believe it is as a whole, and agree with what you are saying, and even state that in my thoughts on Spiller. I just did not see the right fit, and I am sure that will change as it gets closer to the draft...

-Benn is a questionable 1st round imo. Plenty raw potential but he looks a little Chad Jackson to me.
IMO he is the second best reciever, and I thought he let his nerves get the best of him at the combine, I can however see what you are saying, and I was not a fan of Jackson, but am a fan of Benn, and unfortunatly his QB's at Illinois were horrific. Thats a personal preference thing I guess, but Benn falling into the second round would not shock me...

-Trent Williams may have post-seasoned himself into the top ten.
I agree, and it certainly looks that way, I have actually been warming up to him a little bit lately, but see my Bulaga arguement....

-Chad Jones is far too overrated here.
Again, I guess it comes down to personal opinion, I have seen every game he has ever played but one, I saw every game Laundry played in, and IMO Jones is almost as physical in general, a little less instinctual in the run game, but much more instinctual in pass coverage, and football savy in general. Again, would it shock me if he fell out lof the first round? No, but for me, he is a better prospect than Mays...

-It'll be hard to keep Pouncey out of the 1st round.
I would agree, and I had thoughts of him to the Saints, Colts, and even Vikings, but again only so many players can go in so many spots... Would it surprise me if he went in the first, no, not at all, I am not as high on him as most, but can see what all the hub-bub is about with him.... This to me is a deep draft, and I guess I should have stated like I think I did in my last mock, that there will be plenty of first round talent in the second, and second in the third and so on, and so forth...

-Dywer over Hardesty? ..are you sick?
Honestly I am, actually now that you mentioned it, have had a temp in the low 100's for two days now... That aside, I have Hardesty higher on my board, and have for a while now, I like him alot, and think he brings alot to the table. Having said that I will quote my reasoning for Dwyer:
Dwyer does not address a primary need for the Browns, but when the weather turns in the fall, and a grinder is needed in Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Baltimore, this pick makes a lot of sense. Dwyer helps soften the loss of Lewis, and compliments the existing backs.
They are similar, I just happen to think that Dwyer is less of a injury concern, and more of an actual bruser type than Hardesty, so that is what I went with, and that is another personal preference IMO

-McCluster lasts to the 4th round..?
Yup, thats the way this mock fell, and again would it surprise me to see him go sooner? No, not by any means... But his 40 time at the combine did not help him at all, although I do believe he has good functional football speed never the less, and his size and weight is a concern for me, so yeah, the fourth round is where he went... Mike Thomas ran a faster 40 time last year, weighs 20 pounds more, and is a better reciever, although not the back that McCluster is naturally, similar players with similar attributes, and Thomas went in the fourth round last year, just to make a comparison, and yes I understand McCluster is considered a back, and Thomas a receiver...

Real likable Browns draft if Montario over Jonathan.

I put my thoughts in bold inbetween yours, and appreciate your feedback about the Browns draft, Hardesty in place of Dwyer makes sense, I just think Dwyer is a better fit in Cleveland, thanks for the feedback, I hope my response does not appear confrontational, it is not meant to be. Glad it was good on the Browns end other than the one pick, as usual I enjoy talking with you about all things Browns, and the draft.

phlysac
03-12-2010, 04:36 PM
13 – San Fransisco – Earl Thomas (FS – Texas)In comes Earl Thomas, who allows Dashon Gholston to play SS, giving the 9ers two safeties who can hit, make plays in coverage and allow greater schematic flexibility. Thomas declared and instantly solidified himself as my number two safety, he is a ballhawk, who is always around the action, instinctual, excels in coverage, tough for his size and willing to lay his body on the line. A Singletary guy all the way. The 9ers will be able to address the tackle spot with their next pick. I was high on Thomas before he declared and think that instinctually he is in the same class as Berry, and he could very likely be gone by the time the 9ers pick at 13 come April.

Bulaga has shown some vulnerability during the season, but has tons of ability, and has demonstrated that he has the potential to be an excellent left tackle in the NFL or right if need be, he is tough, and has very good technique. Bulaga is a steal, and should gone at this point and very likely could be come April, if that is the case and Trent Williams is available he is the pick.

Having already addressed two primary needs the 9ers take Best who provides them with a change of pace back, who can take it to the house at any time, and gives them a three headed monster in the backfield, as well as depth and value.

Too much value to pass up, helps in the return game, and could be an outstanding slot receiver, or number two if Morgan slips. Stock is on the rise and Gilyard helps the 49ers offense become leathal, and plays a part in the return game.

There are questions in the 9ers secondary at corner, especially in nickel and dime packages. Arenas can play the nickel or dime, and help in special teams.

Depth along the offensive line is never a bad thing, and Teofilo can enhance the run game and has the ability to anchor against the rush, a potential steal in the fifth round.

*You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Poz51 again.*

Refreshing to see how closely you follow the 49ers needs and tendencies. Truly one of the better non-fan 49er mocks I've seen in recent years. Very possible every single one of your selections won't be made but it's not because they don't make 100% sense.

The only criticism I can give is this...

49ers' GM Scot McCloughan is a proponent of "Bigger is Better" when it comes to his players. Thomas, Best, Gilyard, and Arenas are all undersized. You definitely focused on players that can contribute in the return game (Best, Gilyard, Arenas) and I'm confident the 49ers will as well. With that said, if any changes are made in your future mocks, consider perhaps a bigger-bodied player that doesn't necessarilly return kicks.

Tremendous work Poz.

akvikefan89
03-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Kyle Wilson > Chad Jones for the Vikings, but not a terrible pick...

Rosebud
03-12-2010, 04:57 PM
15 – N.Y.G. – Sean Weatherspoon (MLB – Mizzu)
Weatherspoon provides the Giants with a true playmaker at MLB. With his ability to play the run and pass very well, Weatherspoon’s value is too much for the Giants to pass up, and “Spoon’s” value at this point in the draft is becoming undeniable. New York could go LT and take Bulaga, but Weatherspoon fills a greater need in the middle of the Giants defense.
46 – N.Y.G. – Cam Thomas – (NT – U.N.C.)
Unlike the Bronco’s the Giants do not take the value, instead opting to reach a little and take Thomas who has moved up boards despite less than ideal production on U.N.C. Thomas should however fill the need for a space eating DT who allows Weatherspoon and company to roam freely.
76 – N.Y. G. – Matt Tennant (C – B.C.)
Time to think of the future along the offensive line and Tennant is an excellent value. Shaun O’Hara is 33 this June, and there is no time like the present.
112 – N.Y.G. – Marshall Newhouse (RT – T.C.U.)
Newhouse offers flexibility in that he could play guard as well as right tackle.
143 – N.Y.G. - Jason Worlids (DE – Va. Tech.)
What happens with Osi? I don’t know, but Worlids has the potential to help the pass rush.

I definitely could see spoon playing for us, although I still want Brian Price or Dan Williams and another DT in the mid rounders, also happy with the Tennant pick and think it's very likely and realistic, we could use a C and Tennant is a quick technician with a mean streak from BC. As for Cam Thomas I think that's a pretty big reach and don't really approve of it. IMO Lemarr Houston is a much better UT prospect than Cam is a NT prospect, and since we need help all around at DT we should take Houston at this point and then hold off for someone like Troup in the 4th.

We still have McKenzie and Whimper at RT if we don't want to move Diehl there, I'd much rather have us grab another DT since our depth is so ****** at that position with Canty as the only real guy we can depend on, alford's coming off injury so is a question mark right now and Cofield is a remarkably mediocre backup.

In the 5th i think Akwasi Owusu-Ansah would be nice pick, gives us some good depth in a guy who fits the profile we look for and has some good tape to go with it.

Patriots_QB_12
03-13-2010, 02:26 AM
Great Patriots draft!
Although IMO LaGarrette Blount is the better pick in the 4th but I'm not unhappy about Neal.

jCut
03-13-2010, 01:21 PM
I liked it alot better than previous versions I have put out, and actually did not like the McCourty pick, as I am not a big fan of his interesting enough, like his technique, and ability, not his football sense, and to me he plays too conservative, too much. But that was like a gut feeling type pick. I certainly could see them go in another direction, and I entertained thoughts of a wide reciever with that pick... Thanks for the input, I appreciate it :) What do yo think of Walton and Beadles?

I like McCourty, because he could help our special teams while he is being developed. The reason I don't think it will happen is because he would be 5th on the depth chart, and that isn't exactly an early-round need. I think Gilyard would be my ideal pick in that situation.

Walton and Beadles are perfect picks. We need all the help we can get on the o-line.

PhysicalwithanF
03-13-2010, 02:45 PM
I always look forward to your mock drafts Poz. You are one of the more knowledgable people on this site as far as team needs and players. Once again that is a phenomenal 49er draft, both in terms of need and value. Best, Gilyard, and Arenas is a phenomenal middle of the draft. Phyl is absolutley correct about our GMs "philosophy" when it comes to the draft...but I would be ecstatic if it turned out like this on draft day. Great work once again.

ErikG803
03-14-2010, 03:08 PM
I'd have 0 complaints if the Seahawks draft went down like this

Poz51
03-15-2010, 07:12 AM
If the Niners pulled off this draft a playoff birth would be a lock great work.

I would agree that it could have that kind of an impact, the future I thought would be really bright for the 9ers :) Thanks I appreciate it!

Poz51
03-15-2010, 07:16 AM
Yeah this works for me :)

Good stuff... I liked it for them, this mock fell pretty well for the Saints, Smith in the 4th could pay big time dividens, especially if Ellis can fill the role of space eater, letting Smith penetrate, although I do believe Smith could add some weight and still be effective, Thanks for the input :)

Poz51
03-15-2010, 07:24 AM
Other than Snead in the 5th that is a great Colts mock. You obviously put a lot of thought and effort into this and it's the best multi-round Colts mock I've seen.

Understandable dislike for Snead, was there another QB you think in that spot, or another position in general? I try to put as much thought and effort as I can, and I certainly appreciate the positive feedback, thank you :D

Poz51
03-15-2010, 07:41 AM
Dez Bryant COULD happen, but Joe Haden would be better

Nate Allen is a good pick

Would rather have Jimmy Graham or Arthur Jones over Jerome Murphy, especially since we would be getting Haden

4th round is great as is the 5th until the LeFevour pick. Give us Owusu-Ansah there.

Not bad at all overall though. Very impressed with the 4th and 5th rounds for us

I have had Haden or Berry if he falls in that spot, but with Berry gone to K.C. and Haden running too slow of a 40 at the combine, I do not believe he is a top ten pick until he proves that time. On that front, I do believe the slow 40 time was in part because he did not get out (fire) of his track stance fast enough, and did not look comfortable, so I think like Malcom Jenkins he falls further in the draft than his play warrants, personally I still believe he is a top ten player. Obviously if they take haden in the first, the graham or jones makes more sense than Murphy. I actually like the fit of LeFevour in Cleveland with his mobility, accuracy and leadership abilities, but that is a personal preference, I appreciate the feedback :)

Poz51
03-15-2010, 07:47 AM
Really like this version Poz. We get a starter in Griffen and Washington, maybe even SMith, and we get a good valued Safety. Very good.

I am not high on Griffen like many are, and his inconsistancy combined with his physical skill set are the reason, he should have dominated in college, and did at times but not like he should have IMO, but certainly would fit in well with N.O. cutting Grant... I have liked Washington for a while now, and think he would be a perfect fit for Williams and his scheme. Smith is a good value in the fourth, and if Ellis can eat up space, Smith could be the disruptive force next to him that allows others to make plays, and Smith to me also has the frame to add weight, and with some time become run stuffer type with good athleticism as well. Asante, improved in pass coverage this year, and has always been good in run support, with some time to continue to improve he could be a guy who can be counted on in the secondary, I like his potential in time alot. Thanks for the positive feedback, I appreciate it!

Poz51
03-15-2010, 08:07 AM

Refreshing to see how closely you follow the 49ers needs and tendencies. Truly one of the better non-fan 49er mocks I've seen in recent years. Very possible every single one of your selections won't be made but it's not because they don't make 100% sense.

The only criticism I can give is this...

49ers' GM Scot McCloughan is a proponent of "Bigger is Better" when it comes to his players. Thomas, Best, Gilyard, and Arenas are all undersized. You definitely focused on players that can contribute in the return game (Best, Gilyard, Arenas) and I'm confident the 49ers will as well. With that said, if any changes are made in your future mocks, consider perhaps a bigger-bodied player that doesn't necessarilly return kicks.

Tremendous work Poz.

Thank you for the positive feedback, I appreciate it! As long as they make sense I am happy, although it is very likely most of the picks will be gone before the 9ers are on the clock, but you never know... I was not aware of McCloughan's preference for bigger players, and will keep it in mind in the future. The players mentioned would not fit that mold, IMO still are great values. I am a big fan of diversity, and Best, Gilyard, and Arenas can not only contribute offensively/defensively but in the return game as well, and I would think that will have to figure into the 9ers plans as well. I will consider that bigger bodied mold in the future, as usual its a pleasure discussing the 49ers with you, rep for the insight :cool:

Poz51
03-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Kyle Wilson > Chad Jones for the Vikings, but not a terrible pick...

I can understand that, with Winfields age, and Griffen's knee injury, that would certainly make sense. I will consider it in the future, and probably should have more than I did in this edition. I am high on Jones, but certainly see what you are saying.

Poz51
03-15-2010, 08:24 AM
I definitely could see spoon playing for us, although I still want Brian Price or Dan Williams and another DT in the mid rounders, also happy with the Tennant pick and think it's very likely and realistic, we could use a C and Tennant is a quick technician with a mean streak from BC. As for Cam Thomas I think that's a pretty big reach and don't really approve of it. IMO Lemarr Houston is a much better UT prospect than Cam is a NT prospect, and since we need help all around at DT we should take Houston at this point and then hold off for someone like Troup in the 4th.
I like Spoon alot, for me, he is a complete, 3 down player, who certainly has all the tools to make an immediate impact. With Williams gone already, I could see price, and I would agree that they should come out of the draft with 2 DT's and I have been working on putting one in the 6th round I have been slowly doing. I like Tennant myself, and think he is a natural fit. Thomas I agree with, and dont blame you, but I dont think he is there in the third, and add's a bigger space eater to the fold, but I agree with him being a reach at that point, and they could easily take Houston, Alualu, or even Jones. I hear you...

We still have McKenzie and Whimper at RT if we don't want to move Diehl there, I'd much rather have us grab another DT since our depth is so ****** at that position with Canty as the only real guy we can depend on, alford's coming off injury so is a question mark right now and Cofield is a remarkably mediocre backup.
Understandable, Newhouse is more of an eye on the future type pick...

In the 5th i think Akwasi Owusu-Ansah would be nice pick, gives us some good depth in a guy who fits the profile we look for and has some good tape to go with it.

I put most of my comments in bold inbetween yours, Ansah makes alot of sense as well, and could go before I have him mocked, and the Giants are certainly a possible destination, I appreciate the input, and will keep it in mind especially if I do the 6th round, and future mocks as well.

Poz51
03-15-2010, 08:26 AM
Great Patriots draft!
Although IMO LaGarrette Blount is the better pick in the 4th but I'm not unhappy about Neal.

That seems to be the feeling among Patriots fans of late... IMO the need for help along the dline trumps the need for RB at that point, but that is just my opinion. Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

Poz51
03-15-2010, 08:35 AM
I like McCourty, because he could help our special teams while he is being developed. The reason I don't think it will happen is because he would be 5th on the depth chart, and that isn't exactly an early-round need. I think Gilyard would be my ideal pick in that situation.

Walton and Beadles are perfect picks. We need all the help we can get on the o-line.

That certainly is a bonus with McCourty, and he is a stud in the special teams game. Yeah he might be, but with Baily and Goodman both turning 32 before the season, Ty Law 36, and Smith and Carter young, I thought some youth should be infused looking toward the future, but I can see what you are saying about Gilyard, although I would think they look for a bigger reciever with Marshall leaving (or at least as close to gone as it gets), and no reciever with any considerable height on the roster, although I am not sure the offensive scheme needs it, so Gilyard would make sense as well, hmm... I liked the Walton and Beadles picks myself, and I think both could come in and contribute from day one. I appreciate the feedback, if you get a chance to let me know about the bigger receiver theory :)

Poz51
03-15-2010, 08:40 AM
I always look forward to your mock drafts Poz. You are one of the more knowledgable people on this site as far as team needs and players. Once again that is a phenomenal 49er draft, both in terms of need and value. Best, Gilyard, and Arenas is a phenomenal middle of the draft. Phyl is absolutley correct about our GMs "philosophy" when it comes to the draft...but I would be ecstatic if it turned out like this on draft day. Great work once again.

I appreciate that, I really do :D I try to go with need and value primarily in my mocks, and things I thought really worked out well in that regards for the 9ers. I was not aware of the bigger is better philosophy, but looking at the roster I can see it, and appreciate the heads up. Thanks for the feedback :)

Poz51
03-15-2010, 08:44 AM
I'd have 0 complaints if the Seahawks draft went down like this

Hardy is a risk, but this draft would certainly help ease the transition into the Carroll era, personally I think its high for Mays, and Brown has helped himself alot in the off-season, and is a real possibility in the first, and I gave the Colts alot of thought. Tate could be a steal late, that starts sooner, rather than later. I thought it was a good start to rebuilding the Seahawks franchise, and this is a good draft to do that. Thanks for the feedback :)

Patriots_QB_12
03-15-2010, 11:27 PM
Probably one of my favorite Pats drafts Ive seen lately, I dont like how the DE need isnt addressed untill the 4th but if things played out like this I would be a happy pat

Abaddon
03-16-2010, 01:20 AM
8 – Oakland – Bruce Campbell (LT – Maryland)
Sorry Raiders fans, the combine sealed it for me. All I can say is; Al “freaking” Davis…
Don’t go burning your gear yet…

Already burned. May you be as well.

39 – Oakland – Patrick Robinson (CB – Florida State)
Al “Freaking” Davis…
Ok Raiders fans, I understand if you are all “gearless.”, but don’t light it quite yet…

I hope you get herpes.

69 – Oakland – John Jerry (G/T – Ole. Miss.)
An option at guard or right tackle, Jerry offers diversity, and will help open holes for Raiders backs, the same as he did in Ole. Miss. A good fit with Oakland’s power run scheme if that is in fact what they end up doing like they say.

Okay, maybe not herpes.

103 – Oakland – A.J. Edds (OLB – Iowa)
Edds is one of the undervalued commodities in this draft, he is always around the ball, Excellent instincts, and plays the pass as well as he plays the run.

134 – Oakland - Pat Angerer (ILB – Iowa)
An over haul of the linebacking core in Oakland is warranted, and this second piece from Iowa is another guy always around the ball, with great instincts, and a capable run and pass defender. A steal in the fifth round.

Intriguing.

154 – Oakland (via Denver, N.E., Dallas, whoever…) – Joe Hawley (C – U.N.L.V.)
Hawley has an NFL body at center, and plays with smarts and intenstiy. The Raiders continue to address their offensive line of the future.

OL depth. Probably redundant with Chris Morris still around, but maybe a marginal upgrade.

Poz51
03-16-2010, 07:04 AM
Already burned. May you be as well.

I hope you get herpes.

Okay, maybe not herpes.

Intriguing.

OL depth. Probably redundant with Chris Morris still around, but maybe a marginal upgrade.

Any thing but Herpes works for me;) Hopefully the middle of the draft makes up for the typical Al Davis first two picks... I'll work on the fifth rounder, and see if I cant come up with anything more plausable... Always good to hear from you Abaddon, my best to you and yours as well :D

Poz51
03-17-2010, 09:59 AM
Probably one of my favorite Pats drafts Ive seen lately, I dont like how the DE need isnt addressed untill the 4th but if things played out like this I would be a happy pat

Neal is a good fit at DE, but I thought this draft worked out well for the Pats, I appreciate the feedback, and glad that it does not have any glarring holes or bone headed picks for the Pats :)

EdReedUnstoppable
03-17-2010, 10:02 AM
I don't know if I could hate a mock draft more than this one. I pretty much hate every Ravens pick, the first 3 are prospects I cannot stand and would hate to see in Ravens uniforms (wouldn't really hate Gresham just don't really want him) and the 4th is a position of no need for us to use one of our few picks on it.

ruthlessrussian
03-17-2010, 07:40 PM
I don't know if I could hate a mock draft more than this one. I pretty much hate every Ravens pick, the first 3 are prospects I cannot stand and would hate to see in Ravens uniforms (wouldn't really hate Gresham just don't really want him) and the 4th is a position of no need for us to use one of our few picks on it.

So much hate ERU... Baltimore's offense could be scary good if Gresham and Williams play to potential.

ruthlessrussian
03-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Solid draft for the Bills yet again Poz. I cringed a bit when reading the 3rd, but I could buy it happening at that point.

Just to add, you're overall 5 rounders, I think, have the most thought put into them out of all the mocks here. They are always a good read. Keep it up man.

Dam8610
03-17-2010, 11:46 PM
First off, I have to commend you for doing this, you wrote analysis for 5th round picks, that's going above and beyond. Now, with the way your board falls, I like the 3rd-5th round picks (especially enjoy grabbing Snead in round 5, that would be a great pickup), but the first two picks I didn't really like all that much. The Colts did just invest a 2nd round pick in Fili Moala, and the need at LT far surpasses the need at DT, especially with Muir stepping up and playing at a very high level last year, so I'd say that first rounder should go to someone like Ducasse or Brown in that situation, and I'd lean Ducasse because of the type of line the Colts are trying to put together, plus he reminds me a little bit of Tarik Glenn based on what I've seen/read. Having addressed LT in round one, the team can then turn focus to another spot of relative need by grabbing John Jerry in round 2, he's the type of big mauler the Colts lack, and apparently they're trying to bulk up the OL, so he'd be a good fit. Like I said, the way your board falls, those are the best picks IMO, however if the Colts somehow get access to a top flight pass rusher, that should be the pick, since the options at that position are limited in comparison to other positions, but the way your board falls, I have no problem with Cunningham, Gibson is a bit surprising since they already have Wheeler, but I always expect the Colts to draft a LB and a CB, so he's a LB.

J-Mike88
03-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Great effort and work into the 5-rounder.
WELL DONE.

For the Packers, it looks pretty good, and pretty realistic.

J-Mike88
03-20-2010, 04:40 PM
23 – Green Bay – Trent Williams (T – Oklahoma)
Williams stock is back up, and some scouts are talking that he could be an elite left tackle in the NFL. Williams certainly has the athleticism to play left tackle, and could go as early as the top ten depending on how the top ten works out, either way I cannot see him falling past 23 and protecting Aaron Rodgers blind side.

56 – Green Bay – Kareem Jackson - (CB – Alabama)
Jackson’s stock is on the rise and this could be a steal in time, with Al Harris, and Charles Woodson closer to the end then prime of thier careers, the Packers take the top corner on their board. Jackson is a solid positional player, and in time could be a solid #1 corner, at worst a very good #2.

86 – Green Bay – Joe McKnight (RB – U.S.C.)
Having a need for a 3rd down and change of pace back to compliment Grant, KcKight is type of player who makes a excellent offense elite.

119 – Green Bay – T.J. Ward (SS – Oregon)
Ward upgrades the SS postion in Packerland, and can support the run, and drop into coverage.

150 – Green Bay – O’Brien Schofield (OLB/DE - Wisconsin)
The Packers take an early flier on a guy who would likely have been taken much earlier than this if he had not torn up his knee during Senior Bowl practice. Schofield flashed lots of potential and has enough upside to provide a pass rush opposite Matthews in the years to come to justify this pick.

[b]182 - Green Bay - Trindon Holliday – (RS – L.S.U.)

I added Holliday as a return specialist. Probably McKnight could do it, but that guy is already injury-prone so he wouldn't last long returning kicks and punts.
I don't love McKnight beause he simply is not that productive and he gets hurt. Ryan Grant, not as flashy, is so much more productive.

All the rest of the picks are rock solid.

Poz51
03-22-2010, 01:10 PM
I added a sixth round from what I was thinking loosely when I originally released this version for those of you who are interested.

FG4prez
03-23-2010, 07:04 AM

This would be an outstanding draft! Good logical picks in the first round. If Williams and Bulaga are both available, I could definitely see them go with haden, Thomas, or even spiller with their first pick. Best in the second would be great, and good value with Gilyard. I personally would prefer Syd’quan Thompson over Arenas considering Arenas’ advantage was in the return game and with best and Gilyard already taken I think they go after the more physically talented corner.
I would have liked to see an ILB somewhere, but can’t complain with the guys you put together.

Poz51
03-25-2010, 08:09 AM

Sorry it was not to your liking, maybe the next version will be, I changed it a little bit and will be putting it out tomorrow maybe, most likely early next week.

Poz51
03-25-2010, 08:12 AM
So much hate ERU... Baltimore's offense could be scary good if Gresham and Williams play to potential.

It happens, and I think they could change the entire offense for the better in this draft, present and future...

Solid draft for the Bills yet again Poz. I cringed a bit when reading the 3rd, but I could buy it happening at that point.

Just to add, you're overall 5 rounders, I think, have the most thought put into them out of all the mocks here. They are always a good read. Keep it up man.

Thanks, I appreciate the positive feedback, I did the same thing when I put the pick there, but likewise, can see it happening, even in the second, HOPEFULLY NOT IN THE FIRST :eek:
Thank you I am adding a sixth round and will be putting it out most likely Tuesday of next week at this point, I appreciate it!

Poz51
03-25-2010, 08:21 AM
Great effort and work into the 5-rounder.
WELL DONE.

For the Packers, it looks pretty good, and pretty realistic.

I appreciate the feed back, and will be adding a sixth round next week, have it done, just need to fill in my thoughts and anaylsis.

I added Holliday as a return specialist. Probably McKnight could do it, but that guy is already injury-prone so he wouldn't last long returning kicks and punts.
I don't love McKnight beause he simply is not that productive and he gets hurt. Ryan Grant, not as flashy, is so much more productive.

All the rest of the picks are rock solid.

I think you will like my fifth round comp pick for the packers in my next mock given your input. I am not as high on McKnight as many are either, and would tend to agree with you for the most part, and have been looking into Daji Karem from S. Illinois, and had considered him late for the Packers, I think he would be a great fit in Green Bay or Buffalo, and have him going to Buffalo late, but moving forward will keep him in mind for G.B. as well. I appreciate the feed back, and input! Are the two of you a father son combination, the same person (multiple personalitys, Lol), or have some other type of connection?? Mike88;2078874 - Mike88;2078881. Or are the names and team affiliation just a coincidence?

GoRavens
03-25-2010, 08:24 AM
Decent Ravens mock.
Drafting John Skelton is a head scratcher, although I wouldn't mind him backing up Flacco.

Poz51
03-25-2010, 08:29 AM

This would be an outstanding draft! Good logical picks in the first round. If Williams and Bulaga are both available, I could definitely see them go with haden, Thomas, or even spiller with their first pick. Best in the second would be great, and good value with Gilyard. I personally would prefer Syd’quan Thompson over Arenas considering Arenas’ advantage was in the return game and with best and Gilyard already taken I think they go after the more physically talented corner.
I would have liked to see an ILB somewhere, but can’t complain with the guys you put together.

I appreciate the feedback, and although I had considered Micah Johnson for the 49ers starting in the fourth round, but he was gone just before they picked, and I see what you are saying about Thompson, who I really liked heading into the off season, but am not as high on especially with the slow 40 times, and getting run past often in pre-draft festivities, and he is really falling down my board, early on I had him in the first round at one point....

Poz51
03-25-2010, 08:32 AM
Decent Ravens mock.
Drafting John Skelton is a head scratcher, although I wouldn't mind him backing up Flacco.

Understandable, at that point I had him as a excellent value pick, and with Smith looking like he wants/will move on in the next year, and Beck who I have no faith in (although I understand Cameron does), I went with the value and future potential. Skelton is a guy who I think like Whitehurst this year could get you more value in future in return, and be a competent back up in the present/near future...