PDA

View Full Version : Marty Gilyard's pro day

Babylon
03-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Supposedly ran a 4.44 and 4.51. Question is do good pro days ressurect your stock when it has taken a hit at the combine?

RWills
03-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Not 40's because tracks are inconsisitent

it is the individual drills and working closer with scouts that helps. I read that he dropped 3 or 4 balls but I expect him to still be a late 2 or early 3

the_dark_knight
03-11-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm not sure his stock even took a hit at the Combine he looked like what people expectedthese 40s wouldn't change it much anyway. Maybe he's a second rounder but that's his ceiling. That being said he's a very good prospect as a #2 WR

FUNBUNCHER
03-11-2010, 02:12 PM
I love Gilyard and everytime I've seen him play, he's been electricifying.
He always seemed to be a sub 4.4 guy to me, and I would not be surprised if he was the WR out of this draft who had the earliest impact in the NFL.

Bigtime sleeper and I imagine him having an Eddie Royal/Percy Harvin type rookie year.

EDIT: Also, I think scouts like to see skill players run good 40 times, especially WRs. That 4.4. at Cincinnati is a relief I'm sure to several organizations.

YotoJets007
03-11-2010, 02:36 PM
40 is a must if he wants to be taken off the board before Benn and Thomas.

RealityCheck
03-11-2010, 03:39 PM
You just misspelled the wide receiver's God name.
I shall rape you.

bigfreak314
03-11-2010, 04:05 PM
I love Gilyard and everytime I've seen him play, he's been electricifying.
He always seemed to be a sub 4.4 guy to me, and I would not be surprised if he was the WR out of this draft who had the earliest impact in the NFL.

Bigtime sleeper and I imagine him having an Eddie Royal/Percy Harvin type rookie year.

EDIT: Also, I think scouts like to see skill players run good 40 times, especially WRs. That 4.4. at Cincinnati is a relief I'm sure to several organizations.

He plays faster than his timed speed and he is quick in and out of his breaks. Plus he can return kicks, that is a lot of value for a player who might slip to third but some team will get a keeper

RealityCheck
03-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Gilyard is a first round pick. Way better than Golden "My QB is a first rounder, yours is not" Tate, Arrelious "Lazy Legs" Benn and maybe Dez "Unfair Suspension" Bryant.

I've been picking him for months to go to Cincy at #21. And that's where he should go. But somehow he'll fall to the late 2nd, which is stupid.

Gilyard and Pike > Tate and Clausen

Babylon
03-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Gilyard is a first round pick. Way better than Golden "My QB is a first rounder, yours is not" Tate, Arrelious "Lazy Legs" Benn and maybe Dez "Unfair Suspension" Bryant.

I've been picking him for months to go to Cincy at #21. And that's where he should go. But somehow he'll fall to the late 2nd, which is stupid.

Gilyard and Pike > Tate and Clausen

You know i'm one of your biggest supporters but i dont agree with that one.

RealityCheck
03-11-2010, 04:24 PM
You know i'm one of your biggest supporters but i dont agree with that one.
Clausen and Tate are just two more overrated future busts from ND.

Babylon
03-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Clausen and Tate are just two more overrated future busts from ND.

Dont tell Wicket that he'll be on a boat to the states to talk to you.

I know there are a lot of reasons not to like the Irish but i like Clausen easily over Pike. Tate not as much but i think he'll be a good pro. Gilyard i think is pretty good, sort of in the Damien Williams category. I prefer bigger receivers like Benn, Thomas and Riley Cooper. My top wideouts would be:

Bryant (barely)
Benn
Thomas
Cooper
Tate
Decker
Williams
Gilyard

RealityCheck
03-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Dont tell Wicket that he'll be on a boat to the states to talk to you.

I know there are a lot of reasons not to like the Irish but i like Clausen easily over Pike. Tate not as much but i think he'll be a good pro. Gilyard i think is pretty good, sort of in the Damien Williams category. I prefer bigger receivers like Benn, Thomas and Riley Cooper. My top wideouts would be:

Bryant (barely)
Benn
Thomas
Cooper
Tate
Decker
Williams
Gilyard
He'd be in the wrong country anyway.

And I agree, but Decker is kinda high, huh?

Babylon
03-11-2010, 04:39 PM
He'd be in the wrong country anyway.

And I agree, but Decker is kinda high, huh?

Yeah with his foot problem he probably is. Could be a good value if taken after the second though.

AkiliSmith
03-11-2010, 04:45 PM

That would be a horrible pick. They need big receivers, not another 6'0 guy like everyone on the roster is. They also don't need a kick returner or punt returner. He doesn't fit what they need at the position at all. I don't think they would even take him in the second round.

Babylon
03-11-2010, 04:49 PM
That would be a horrible pick. They need big receivers, not another 6'0 guy like everyone on the roster is. They also don't need a kick returner or punt returner. He doesn't fit what they need at the position at all. I don't think they would even take him in the second round.

Is Cincy going to line up with all big receivers, Cinco, Matt Jones, T.O. (maybe)?

FUNBUNCHER
03-11-2010, 04:57 PM
The Bengals need playmakers, period. They could do worse than Gilyard.

I think mentally, he's very mature, and will approach the NFL as a career, not an entitlement. Wherever he goes, he's going to force his way onto the field for PT.

AkiliSmith
03-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Is Cincy going to line up with all big receivers, Cinco, Matt Jones, T.O. (maybe)?
Big receivers???

Chad - 6'1 190
Bryant - 6'1 205
Caldwell - 6'1 200
Jones - 6'6 230
Simpson - 6'2 190
Cosby - 5'9 190

Jones is the only big receiver on the roster and he is FAR from a roster lock.

T.O. will not be a Bengal. Thank God.

Babylon
03-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Big receivers???

Chad - 6'1 190
Bryant - 6'1 205
Caldwell - 6'1 200
Jones - 6'6 230
Simpson - 6'2 190
Cosby - 5'9 190

Jones is the only big receiver on the roster and he is FAR from a roster lock.

T.O. will not be a Bengal. Thank God.

To me that is a good size group of receivers but obviously they all wont be there when the season starts.

AkiliSmith
03-11-2010, 05:09 PM
To me that is a good size group of receivers but obviously they all wont be there when the season starts.
They need to get a guy 6'2+ 220+ who is not 1 year removed from not playing football because of drug rehab and suspension.

They need a dude to fill Henry's spot.

Babylon
03-11-2010, 05:16 PM
They need to get a guy 6'2+ 220+ who is not 1 year removed from not playing football because of drug rehab and suspension.

They need a dude to fill Henry's spot.

I actually think Matt Jones can be a weapon if he has his act together. If you're worried about character guys you'll be worrying about pretty much the whole team.

AkiliSmith
03-11-2010, 05:20 PM
I actually think Matt Jones can be a weapon if he has his act together. If you're worried about character guys you'll be worrying about pretty much the whole team.
You must think it's 2006 again. When was the last time a Bengal was in trouble?

Maualuga a couple months ago **** I forgot about him. So 1 arrest in 2 years.