PDA

View Full Version : March 11th, 2010 1 Round Mock Draft

BigRick352
03-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Just bored on this rainy Florida day. Figured I would throw a little mock draft togethor. What do you guys think?? Any critiscism is accepted.

1. Rams
Sam Bradford QB from Oklahoma

2. Lions
Ndamukong Suh DT from Nebraska

3. Buccaneers
Gerald McCoy DT from Oklahoma

4. Redskins
Russell Okung OT from Oklahoma State

5. Chiefs
Anthony Davis OT from Rutgers

6. Seahawks
Jimmy Clausen QB from Notre Dame

7. Browns
Eric Berry SS / FS from Tennessee

8. Raiders
Dez Bryant WR from Oklahoma State

9. Bills
Bryan Bulaga OT from Iowa

10. Jaguars
Joe Haden CB from Florida

11. Broncos
Rolando McClain ILB from Alabama

12. Dolphins
Jason Pierre-Paul from South Florida

13. 49ers
C.J. Spiller RB from Clemson

14. Seahawks
Taylor Mays FS from USC

15. Giants
Sean Weatherspoon OLB from Missouri

16. Titans
Derrick Morgan DE from Georgia Tech

17. 49ers
Trent Williams OT from Oklahoma

18. Steelers
Mike Iupati OG from Idaho

19. Falcons
Carlos Dunlap DE from Florida

20. Texans
Earl Thomas from Texas

21. Bengals
Jermaine Gresham TE from Oklahoma

22. Patriots
Sergio Kindle OLB from Texas

23. Packers
Dan Williams DT from Tennessee

24. Eagles
Kyle Wilson CB from Boise State

25. Ravens
Devin McCourty CB from Rutgers

26. Cardinals
Brandon Spikes ILB from Florida

27. Cowboys
Charles Brown OT from USC

28. Chargers
Ryan Matthews from Fresno State

29. Jets
Jared Odrick DT from Penn State

30. Vikings
Nate Allen FS from South Florida

31. Colts
Brian Price DT from UCLA

32. Saints
Maurkice Pouncey OG / C from Florida

vidae
03-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Terrible KC pick with both Berry and McClain on the board. One of those guys should be the pick.

BigRick352
03-11-2010, 03:09 PM
You guys really need an Olineman imo your line is pretty bad. I really would be shocked if either of those guys went top 5. Safeties rarely go in the top 5. Really either do LBs. There have been alot of better prospects than McClain and dont go top 5. He has alot of question marks around him especially with this Chrons disease just coming out.

wicket
03-11-2010, 03:13 PM
32. Saints
Maurkice Pouncey OG / C from Florida

I would punch some babies or kick some puppies if this would be the pick, I HATE it

thenewfeature06
03-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Considering that Oakland is getting back to power running, I do like Dez but we took DHB last year. Hey it is possible...

proshoota25
03-11-2010, 03:20 PM
love the patriots pick

BigRick352
03-11-2010, 03:34 PM
I dont know what Crazy Al is gonna do for the Raiders. I just think Heyward-Bey is going to be a bum for his whole career and alot of people knew that last year. I think you guys need a WR who is actually going to produce. After him seeing what Crabtree did after holding out and only playing in 11 games, I cant see him passing up on a better WR prospect who is physical freak playing WR.

prock
03-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Nate Allen is a reach, but he is a good fit.

BigRick352
03-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Yes a little bit of a reach, but you guys dont really need anything especially with the guys left on the board. Your talent is very solid.

RealityCheck
03-11-2010, 03:51 PM
love the patriots pick
10 characters

Crazy_Chris
03-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Nate Allen would be good if the Vikings traded down into the 2nd round but in this situation at #30 Brian Price would be a better selection.

BaLLiN
03-11-2010, 05:53 PM
good giants pick

AkiliSmith
03-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Bengals never use the tight end as a receiver so....

thebow305
03-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Great Phins pick!

keylime_5
03-11-2010, 07:27 PM
:) :) :) :) :) :)

BigRick352
03-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Akili they never use it, because you dont have one! I said the same thing about Shockey when the Giants drafted him. Our TEs had like 9 receptions the year before we got him. Im sure you know the story after we got him. Think it would be very similar for you guys and it would help Carson out tremendously IMO

Menardo75
03-12-2010, 02:38 AM
Great Niner mock.

AkiliSmith
03-12-2010, 07:49 AM
Akili they never use it, because you dont have one! I said the same thing about Shockey when the Giants drafted him. Our TEs had like 9 receptions the year before we got him. Im sure you know the story after we got him. Think it would be very similar for you guys and it would help Carson out tremendously IMO
It's not going to happen. Period.

The OC has never used the tight end as a reciever. In 9 years here they have used three picks on a tight end, 2 third rounders (Coffman 2009) and a 7th rounder.

It's not realistic at all.

marshallb
03-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Great Vikes pick. Not great value, but fills our biggest need perfectly.

BigRick352
03-12-2010, 05:00 PM
That could be a good reason why you dont win. Most good teams have or need a good TE. It is certainly not unrealistic. You have never had a receiving threat like Gresham. Your Offense would be a lot better if you had a good receiving TE. You might have beat the Jets last year if you had another weapon. Gresham is awesome value at your pick because of his injury last year. If he didnt get hurt he certainly wouldnt be there. I just dont know how you can say you are def not drafting a guy, because youve never thrown to the TE. You have never thrown to the TE, because you have never had one. Go look at how many times the Giants threw to the TE before Shockey or how many times the Chargers threw to the TE before Gates.

AkiliSmith
03-12-2010, 07:19 PM
That could be a good reason why you dont win. Most good teams have or need a good TE. It is certainly not unrealistic. You have never had a receiving threat like Gresham. Your Offense would be a lot better if you had a good receiving TE. You might have beat the Jets last year if you had another weapon. Gresham is awesome value at your pick because of his injury last year. If he didnt get hurt he certainly wouldnt be there. I just dont know how you can say you are def not drafting a guy, because youve never thrown to the TE. You have never thrown to the TE, because you have never had one. Go look at how many times the Giants threw to the TE before Shockey or how many times the Chargers threw to the TE before Gates.
Chase Coffman is the receiving tight end they don't use now.

The OC has not used the TE as a receiver in his 9 seasons here why would he change now?

They've never had a receiving tight end because THEY DON'T USE THE TIGHT END AS A RECEIVER.

They won enough to make the playoffs.

BigRick352
03-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Well he was a rookie who played in a spread offense in college so it was probably tough to make the transition to an NFL offense and he wasnt much of a blocker. So it would be hard to use a guy that doesnt get activated for a game.

He has NEVER had one so there would be no one for him to use. Seems kind of simple to me. I guarantee you if they got a good TE he would design plays for him.

Your OC has never really had a good receiving TE to work with even in Seattle. In 1997 Carlester Crumpler had 31 receptions and Fauria had 10 so he involved the TE a little bit. In Faurias' 3rd and 4th year he had a combined 72 receptions which I would say is involving the TE a pretty good amount.

Like I said if you had a TE like Gresham I am sure he would get him involved and you guys need one desparetely or your gonna keep losing in the 1st round of the playoffs

Yes but losing in the first round of the playoffs or not making it every year isnt going to cut it. In todays NFL you need a good receiving TE.

AkiliSmith
03-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Well he was a rookie who played in a spread offense in college so it was probably tough to make the transition to an NFL offense and he wasnt much of a blocker. So it would be hard to use a guy that doesnt get activated for a game.

He has NEVER had one so there would be no one for him to use. Seems kind of simple to me. I guarantee you if they got a good TE he would design plays for him.

Your OC has never really had a good receiving TE to work with even in Seattle. In 1997 Carlester Crumpler had 31 receptions and Fauria had 10 so he involved the TE a little bit. In Faurias' 3rd and 4th year he had a combined 72 receptions which I would say is involving the TE a pretty good amount.

Like I said if you had a TE like Gresham I am sure he would get him involved and you guys need one desparetely or your gonna keep losing in the 1st round of the playoffs

Yes but losing in the first round of the playoffs or not making it every year isnt going to cut it. In todays NFL you need a good receiving TE.
Call Bob Bratkowski and let him know this. The fact is he has never used the tight end as a receiver so they are not going to pick Gresham.

Averaging 35 catches a season is not involving the tight end in the passing game.

BigRick352
03-12-2010, 08:41 PM
I just showed you he used TE as a receiver. Over 70 receptions for a TE in 2 years is pretty damn good. He has never used it for you, because YOU DONT HAVE A RECEIVING TE. Dont know what you dont understand. Any offensive coordinator would love to have a good receiving TE. I HAVE SEEN THE SAME SITUATION WITH MY OWN TWO EYES IN 2002 WHEN THE GIANTS DRAFTED SHOCKEY. THE YEARS BEFORE WE DID NOT THROW TO THE TE AT ALL. OUR TE ONLY HAD 9 RECEPTIONS IN 2001. IN 2002 SHOCKEY HAD 74 RECEPTIONS.

Pat Sims 90
03-12-2010, 08:56 PM
I just showed you he used TE as a receiver. Over 70 receptions for a TE in 2 years is pretty damn good. He has never used it for you, because YOU DONT HAVE A RECEIVING TE. Dont know what you dont understand. Any offensive coordinator would love to have a good receiving TE. I HAVE SEEN THE SAME SITUATION WITH MY OWN TWO EYES IN 2002 WHEN THE GIANTS DRAFTED SHOCKEY. THE YEARS BEFORE WE DID NOT THROW TO THE TE AT ALL. OUR TE ONLY HAD 9 RECEPTIONS IN 2001. IN 2002 SHOCKEY HAD 74 RECEPTIONS.

We have a reciving TE named Coffman they chose not to use him our offense requires the TE to be a blocker before a receiver and the that came from the OC mouth. Gresham blocking is questionable if they draft him he will just ride the bench for 2 years before he learns to block and will never see the field till he does.

BigRick352
03-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Yes his blocking is questionable but it is far superior to Chase Coffmans blocking. I think Gresham would be an impact player from day 1 for you guys. Would def help out Bryant and Ocho Cinco if the D has a TE to worry about.

Pat Sims 90
03-12-2010, 09:09 PM
No use drafting Gresham when u run the ball 75% of the time. Better off just giving us Best Defense Player at that point

BigRick352
03-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Like I said I think that Gresham would help open your offense up. Would make your running game better, would make the WRs better. Carson would have someone to throw to down the seam. Most teams can stop a passing game when they know they only have to cover 2 WRs. Look at teams like the Colts with Dallas Clark, Saints with Shockey, Chargers with Gates. Even Owen Daniels helped out the Texans tremendously and they had one of the best passing offenses in the league. Those are the best offenses in the League and the TEs are a major part of that.

Pat Sims 90
03-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Like I said I think that Gresham would help open your offense up. Would make your running game better, would make the WRs better. Carson would have someone to throw to down the seam. Most teams can stop a passing game when they know they only have to cover 2 WRs. Look at teams like the Colts with Dallas Clark, Saints with Shockey, Chargers with Gates. Even Owen Daniels helped out the Texans tremendously and they had one of the best passing offenses in the league. Those are the best offenses in the League and the TEs are a major part of that.

No TE will help the offense when u run on 1st and 2nd Down then pass on 3rd Down. Mike Brown also as being Owner has never taken a TE higher then 2nd round you have to take in consideration that Mike Brown is running this show and will never take a TE in the 1st Round

BigRick352
03-12-2010, 09:26 PM
That is just my opinion. I think it would really help you out. I honestly feel sorry for you if you never get a receving TE. Its going to be years of mediocrity for the Bengals and Carsons talent is gonna go to waste. No offense. Just think that is a big part of the NFL now.

Pat Sims 90
03-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Sweep the Divison and made the playoffs with no TE did not seem mediore to me

BigRick352
03-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Two playoff appearances in the last 20 years seems mediocre to me and losing in the 1st round in both those appearances isnt anything I would be happy about. Like I said no offense, but you guys need to change something up. Your QB is now 30 and your best offensive threat is 32. You need to make some kind of changes.

Pat Sims 90
03-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Two playoff appearances in the last 20 years seems mediocre to me and losing in the 1st round in both those appearances isnt anything I would be happy about. Like I said no offense, but you guys need to change something up. Your QB is now 30 and your best offensive threat is 32. You need to make some kind of changes.

Yea and do u know who was the owner those last 20 years Mike Brown who was the worst owner in Football till Al Davis decided to go crazy with the Raiders. OK i can make the changes that need to be made. I am just stateing a fact that with our OC and Owner a TE will never not be a 1st Round Pick unless that TE can block and Gresham cant block watch the games against Texas he got torn up when he was asked to block. We also have a receiveing TE his name is Chase Coffman and holds the NCCA Record for Career Catchs we dont use him because he cant block. So your telling me we need to take a TE that cant block and give him 1st Round Money to ride the bench and not contribute till he can block well enough makes alot of sense. Yea we will contiune to be mediorce in your eyes as long as Mike Brown is owner.

BigRick352
03-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Gresham was getting torn up my Sergio Kindle correct? Who is one of the best pass rushers in college football. Shockey also wasnt a good blocker coming out of college, but within 2 years of being drafted was an awesome blocker. Now is one of the best blockers at TE. Most colleges dont really teach a TE how to block like NFL teams do. Im sure you could play a 2 TE set with your blocking TE and Gresham going out for passes while he learns to become a better blocker. This is just my opinion and what I think you guys should do. I honestly think you guys would be a SB contender if you could get a TE to open up your offense.

Pat Sims 90
03-12-2010, 10:17 PM
In 2 TE sets we use a Blocking TE and a OT as the 2nd TE this year when we had a TE that could catch Try again.

BigRick352
03-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Yes, but you dont have a TE that teams game plan around. Most good offenses/teams have a good TE. Colts,Saints,Chargers,Jets,Vikings,Cowboys,Eagles, Steelers,Giants,Packers. All teams who have made the playoffs multiple times in the last couple of years and every team I listed won the SB in the last 5 years. I guess the Bengals are ok with being a mediocre team.

AkiliSmith
03-13-2010, 08:26 AM
Again, send all your info about good teams with tight ends to the Bengals because it is a proven fact that they do not value the position as a receiver. History and stats back that up. 35 receptions a year is not involving the tight end in the offense. That's a little over 2 catches a game.

Just because you think it is a good idea does it mean there is a chance our OC changes his mind about the position after 10+ years in the NFL.

You are totally missing mine and Pat Sims point.

roidrunner
03-13-2010, 09:48 AM
aaaahhhh NO, on the packers pick. we will not take a DT in round one.

OSUGiants17
03-13-2010, 10:03 AM
good giants pick

I agree

T-RICH49
03-23-2010, 09:52 PM
not a good KC pick.our needs on OL are G/C.O'Callaghan and Albert are solid plus we signed Lilja but will need someone to groom to take over for waters.Berry or McClain in the 1st THEN OL in the 2nd