PDA

View Full Version : 3/12 - New Podcast Today w/ 1st Round Guest!

Scott Wright
03-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Hey,

I will be taping a new podcast Friday, March 12th at 5pm EST.

My guest will be Florida DE Carlos Dunlap. If you have a question please feel free to post it in this thread and I may ask it! I will also be covering the offensive and defensive linemen today.

Be sure to tune in at http://www.primesportsnetwork.com. If you aren't able to catch it live the archive will be available later at that same address and on iTunes.

In case you missed any shows recently they are all available on iTunes. Search "Draft Countdown". Past guests have included Cincinnati WR Mardy Gilyard, Miami (FL) TE Jimmy Graham, Oklahoma CB Dominique Franks, Wake Forest CB Brandon Ghee and Auburn RB Ben Tate. Please be sure to subscribe to the show on iTunes and also leave a review and rating. Preferably positive! :)

Halsey
03-12-2010, 01:45 PM
I'd be interested to know how Carlos would respond to concerns about his DUI arrest. I understand if it's not something you ir he wants to cover, however.

I'd also like to know if the recent wonderlic scores, and NFL teams apparent favoring of Bradford over Clausen, has you considering moving Bradford ahead of Clausen in your rankings.

wicket
03-12-2010, 03:35 PM
To dunlap: 4-3 or 3-4 (should be 4-3 by a mile imo for him) and where does he think he will go

Scott Wright
03-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Getting ready to fire it up in about 10 minutes!

ThePudge
03-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Scott can you ask Dunlap some details on his weight training. Even at 277, his arms lack mass & definition and it looks that in the arms/shoulders he could add a lot of muscle/weight. I just don't know where he plays at the next level (weight-wise) at it looks like 290-295 may be a bit more ideal than where he is now.

Scott Wright
03-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Just wrapped up the show. It went well, lots of good draft talk!

I'll post when the archive is available.

Scott Wright
03-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Today's show is now available on iTunes. Just search for "Draft Countdown".

Only 13 reviews so far? I KNOW more than 13 of you have iTunes! :o)

wicket
03-13-2010, 02:11 AM
suprised you didnt talk about everson griffen at all during the show

Scott Wright
03-13-2010, 03:52 PM
suprised you didnt talk about everson griffen at all during the show

Yea, I wanted to but Greg jumped to another position before I got a chance...

wicket
03-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Yea, I wanted to but Greg jumped to another position before I got a chance...

what would you have said?

would he be a logical pick for the saints (imo he is) in the first round if he is there ?

Scott Wright
03-13-2010, 04:37 PM
what would you have said?

would he be a logical pick for the saints (imo he is) in the first round if he is there ?

Griffin is definitely a possibility for New Orleans if he lasts that long.

Halsey
03-13-2010, 05:06 PM
After listening to your podcast yesterday, as well as Mel and Todd's podcast, I feel right now that Clausen and Bradford should go #1 and #2. Many people will laugh at that, but I just think teams like Buffalo and Cleveland should be trying to trade up for a QB. They are just spinning their wheels without one. I suggested the same thing last year about Stafford and Sanchez. Rams fans of course felt they were ok with Bulger.

ThePudge
03-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Should've asked him what he had to drink the night of. I feel like that could tell a lot about him, guy was snoozin at a traffic light in his car. If he'd only put down ten-twelve beers I'd be real disappointed from a guy in the 280 area; however, if he had started at about 4 PM with a few beers then started slamming some liquor by 6, I could see how one could reasonably end up so stupid as to try to drive and fall asleep.

wicket
03-14-2010, 03:05 AM
Should've asked him what he had to drink the night of. I feel like that could tell a lot about him, guy was snoozin at a traffic light in his car. If he'd only put down ten-twelve beers I'd be real disappointed from a guy in the 280 area; however, if he had started at about 4 PM with a few beers then started slamming some liquor by 6, I could see how one could reasonably end up so stupid as to try to drive and fall asleep.

I might be happier if he did drink just a little as an NFL team (although at his size and in his physical condition id be more than 12 still). Means he doesnt get slammed all that often and that it was just a combination of bad judgement and bad luck.