PDA

View Full Version : Calling all takers for #10

Incogneetus69
03-14-2010, 07:33 AM
The Jags trading down for Tebow just feels like a no brainer.

Whos the most likely?

I think the Giants are going to go hard after Mclain. The Jags could do a double trade down.

Scott Wright
03-14-2010, 07:49 AM
New England has three 2nd Rounders.

Jakey
03-14-2010, 07:53 AM
Steelers are a possibility this year. Maybe for Haden. But considering how deep this draft is, i hope it doesnt happen.

RealityCheck
03-14-2010, 08:24 AM
Yeah, but we won't trade up. We better stick at #22 and take our biggest need, which is TE.

Spartan4224
03-14-2010, 11:08 AM
I think New England. For one of the following: J. Haden, J. Pierre-Paul, or R. McClain. They could give up the 22nd and one of the second round picks. I also think they will trade one of their seconds for G. Olsen TE.

Incogneetus69
03-14-2010, 11:11 AM

Thatd certainly make up for all their recent draft blunders.

I dont think itd cost too much b/c of the Jags obvious motivations. #22 and a 2nd plus future considerations would do it for them.

They can go a number of ways. Spiller the sexiest.

Anthony Davis is perfect for the Cowboys, no? G from day 1 and tackle in year 2.

Incogneetus69
03-14-2010, 11:16 AM
I think New England. For one of the following: J. Haden, J. Pierre-Paul, or R. McClain. They could give up the 22nd and one of the second round picks. I also think they will trade one of their seconds for G. Olsen TE.

I root against the Pats b/c theyre bad people but Greg Olsen, CJ Spiller and a mid 2nd left over(Ricky Sapp?) is a nice haul.

Or they could take their last remaining 2nd, combine it w/ a 3rd and get back into the 1st for Brandon Graham.

Spiller, Graham, Olsen. Not bad

RealityCheck
03-14-2010, 11:18 AM
I root against the Pats b/c theyre bad people but Greg Olsen, CJ Spiller and a mid 2nd left over(Ricky Sapp?) is a nice haul.

Or they could take their last remaining 2nd, combine it w/ a 3rd and get back into the 1st for Brandon Graham.

Spiller, Graham, Olsen. Not bad
We're bad people? May I ask you why?

All people think we're like the "evil" team in the NFL for a reason, and I still don't understand why.

Dude, may I ask which team do you root for?

Incogneetus69
03-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Pressuring players to play w/ concussions, head coach who sleeps w/ another mans wife and has no class, oh and cheating. I dont trust Tom Bradys freaky large forehead. Randy Moss disrespects the game. Oh, and cheating

-The Cowboys! 1 arrest in like 5 plus years and it was for public intoxication. Pac Man was a bad dream though

Babylon
03-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Yeah, but we won't trade up. We better stick at #22 and take our biggest need, which is TE.

I think trading up would be a bit of a reversal over the last couple of years but that may be what happens. Not sure who they'd be targeting up there at ten. They are in need of an impact WR but i'm not in love with Bryant or anyone else there. TE as you say but that could be had later. I just expect them to shake it up a bit.

Wouldnt discount totally a jump to #2 to grab Suh, the Lions could gather some picks and still get a good O-lineman later.

A Perfect Score
03-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Wait, dont you all know the Ravens are moving up for Dez Bryant? Silly NFLDCers.

RealityCheck
03-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Pressuring players to play w/ concussions, head coach who sleeps w/ another mans wife and has no class, oh and cheating. I dont trust Tom Bradys freaky large forehead. Randy Moss disrespects the game. Oh, and cheating
Nothing has been officially proved on the cheating, so be quiet. All they did was accuse us without any concrete proof and take our 1st round pick away.

Randy Moss disrespecting the game... Yeah, 23 TDs in a season totally show it.

What does Brady's forehead has to do with this?

This is mostly jealousy from all the other 31 NFL teams who wasn't won 3 SBs in 4 years, or had a perfect season.

We aren't the villains, people. The entire league is.

Incogneetus69
03-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Nothing has been officially proved on the cheating, so be quiet. All they did was accuse us without any concrete proof and take our 1st round pick away.

Randy Moss disrespecting the game... Yeah, 23 TDs in a season totally show it.

What does Brady's forehead has to do with this?

This is mostly jealousy from all the other 31 NFL teams who wasn't won 3 SBs in 4 years, or had a perfect season.

We aren't the villains, people. The entire league is.

18-1*

Disrespectful to get paid millions and half ass it

The NFL just takes 1st rounders and fines teams millions all the time on a whim

What doesnt Tom Bradys monster fievhead have to do w/ this?

RealityCheck
03-14-2010, 12:46 PM
18-1*

Disrespectful to get paid millions and half ass it

The NFL just takes 1st rounders and fines teams millions all the time on a whim

What doesnt Tom Bradys monster fievhead have to do w/ this?
Half assing it? Moss was giving his heart and soul to that team. It was ESPN's fault that Moss has been labeled as a lazy bum since then. Just because he's getting older and his production is dropping, it doesn't mean that he's quitting on football.

And the NFL has never punished a team by taking their 1st round pick. The only case? the 2007 New England Patriots.

Goganious
03-14-2010, 01:05 PM
RealityCheck: Really? considering your screenname, I find it hard to believe that you don't know why people think the Partiots are "evil". Well, here's a reality check for you:

Part of the reason, of course, is that they were THE team to beat over the past decade. With such sustained success, it is inevitable that fans of the other 31 NFL teams would band together and view the Patriots as super-villains that needed to be slain.

In the case of the Patriots, though, thats only a small part of the reason people view them as "evil". The other reasons?

1. They got caught cheating. We can argue until we're both blue in the face about the EXTENT of their cheating and how much it did or didn't impact games, but the bottom line is this: THEY CHEATED. I'm gonna go ahead and make the bold guess that this is the single BIGGEST reason people feel the Patriots are "evil". NFL fans are passionate about their favorite teams. The idea that their favorite team may have been at a disadvantage due to the Patriots' shady antics does not sit well with them. If the tables were turned, and we found out that some OTHER team, lets say the Giants, had been cheating during a year in which they reached the Super Bowl, I'm guessing you'd be pretty upset too. Cheating is a pretty big deal. I mean, honestly, how many sports coaches have an entire South Park episode dedicated to them? You have to understand: For the past 10 years, all anyone heard about is Tom Terriffic and his wonderful Patriots. Between 2001 and 2009, you couldn't turn on any sort of NFL programming without hearing one or more analysts sucking on Belichick's anal cavity. "What a great team!", "What a great coach!", "What a dynasty!", "Greatest team ever?!", and on and on it went until we all wanted to vomit. So, after hearing all this nauseating drivel for the better part of a decade, what did we find out? THEY FREAKING CHEATED! I don't know how much that invalidates their accomplishments to other people, but it sure invalidates them to a large degree in MY humble opinion.

2. Bill Belichick is a grade "A" ***-hole. I realize he is one of the greatest, if not THE greatest (though most people wouldn't go that far, given reason 1 listed above) head coaches of all time. Almost any NFL fan would probably love to have Belichick as the head coach of THEIR team, no matter WHAT they tell you. Still, this doesn't change the fact that he's a real jerk. I seem to remember a scandal coming out not too long ago regarding a player who accused Belichick of hurrying him back onto the practice field before he was ready, putting him in physical danger. Thats not the only isntance of Belichick's douche-i-tude, of course. The man PROJECTS evil with his Sith Lord hoodie and his behavior toward media/fans/players in general. A great coach? yes. A likeable figure? hardly...or should I say "Haaahdly."

3. Tom Brady, the face of the franchise, is constantly on the cover of GQ and in fashion ads, and is married to a super model. In a sport where only the macho survive, well, how should I put this? A lot of people feel that Tom Brady is, to quote the hilarious tribesman from Ace Ventura 2: "A LEETLE SEESY GIRL!" I'm not saying its FAIR to criticize Brady in this manner, I'm just telling you what people outside of New England tend to feel about him. ON the football field, he's a sure-fire future hall of famer (albeit one who whines to the officials way too often) and one of the top 5 QBs of all time. OFF the field, he's a butt-chinned fashion model with a famous and super-hot girlfriend, and this makes football fans (who by and large are NOT "GQ model handsome" and DON'T typically have super-model girlfriends) dislike him. Again, not saying any of this is fair, just trying to help you understand. Also, whereas many "face of the league" QBs have been likeable public figures (Peyton Manning and Joe Montana immediately come to mind), Brady has always been as private and as standoffish as Belichick. Not saying this is a fair reason to assign the "Evil" label either, just adding to the list.

4. Did I mention they cheated? I can't over-emphasize this one enough. Patriots fans tend to downplay it and dismiss it as insignificant. The rest of us, though, are still not cool with it. Again, I insist that you would feel differently about the matter as well if you weren't a Pats fan.

So that should sum it up pretty well. To recap: Part of the hatred of the Patriots stems from jealousy. People are jealous of Tom's life off the field, of the Pats' success ON the field, and of the fact that the Pats were the "team of the decade". The MAIN reason that people think the Pats are "evil", though, is the fact that they broke the rules, gained an unfair advantage, and are led by an evil, hoodie-wearing a-hole sith lord.

Any more explanation necessary?

Goganious
03-14-2010, 01:15 PM
"Nothing has been proven about the cheating"

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. The league took away your 1st round pick just for fun. They didn't have any proof. They just said "To hell with it, who needs proof?! lets just take a draft pick!".

I know your Patriots homerism prevents you from admitting that they cheated out loud on a message board, but I sense you know the truth deep down.

Oh, and I wanted to add a fifth reason that people hate the Patriots:

5. Fairweather fans. Now that you guys have had a decade of dominance, its impossible to talk to a Pats fan. They come across as the most smug, aarogant, entitled, know-it-all fans of any team in any sport. I'm not the only one that feels this way. I can think of at least one prominent sports columnist who devoted an entire column to discussing what horrible, douche-y monsters Boston sports fans had become. But thats not what bothers me. I'm okay with a fan base having pride in their team and wearing that pride on their sleeve. What bothers me is that most Patriots "fans" NEVER liked the team before the past decade of Super Bowl wins. I mean, honestly, where were all these smug fools when you guys were going 2-14 and playing cellar-dweller in the AFC East every season?! The fact of the matter is that Boston is a BASEBALL town. It is also a Hockey and a basketball town. It has never been, until the past 10 years, a football town. It still isn't. This past season, there were numerous reports of fans booing the team at Foxborough and the stands emptying out after the third quarter if the Pats were down even a touchdown. So a lot of Pats "fans" went from "I could care less about the Pats", to "They are by far the greatest football team ever!", to "Boo!!! Nancy,warm up the car, we're going home" in the span of 10 years. FAIRWEATHER FANS: yet another reason the Pats (and MOST of their "fans") are "evil".

(p.s. I apologize to the OP for hijacking this thread.)

V.I.P
03-14-2010, 01:23 PM

All people think we're like the "evil" team in the NFL for a reason, and I still don't understand why.

Spygate ..... :D

No, but seriously the only 2 players i could possibly see them trading to #10 for is Spiller, or McClain.

RaiderNation
03-14-2010, 01:23 PM
I dont like the Patriots because there cheaters!!!! Lol in every league there has to be a team that seems to be hated by everyother team(Yankees?) and I guess the recent success of them has made the Pats that team in the NFL. I know alot of people hate the Raiders just because we are the raiders. They really have no reason to but I guess thats one reason that made me a fan

RealityCheck
03-14-2010, 01:43 PM
I dont like the Patriots because there cheaters!!!! Lol in every league there has to be a team that seems to be hated by everyother team(Yankees?) and I guess the recent success of them has made the Pats that team in the NFL. I know alot of people hate the Raiders just because we are the raiders. They really have no reason to but I guess thats one reason that made me a fan
You sir just made one of the most brilliant posts I've ever seen.

That's the misconception: 99.98% of football fans hate the Pats because we started a dynasty. I'm pretty sure that if the Saints won 2 more SBs, everybody would start hating on them, regardless of the Katrina story.

Talk about homerism. If I was a homer, I wouldn't admit that my team has probably the worst defense on the league. I wouldn't admit that our QB got old and stale and it's starting to suck. I wouldn't admit that we made the playoffs on luck. Any regular user of this board could confirm that.

Tom Brady's off-field character? Alright, stop. Tom is the perfect story of a guy who won it big in his life. He was a nobody at college who had potential. A NFL team saw this potential, drafted him and made him a superstar. Plus, he's a leader.

I'm not going to waste my time discussing with some guy who probably registered on this forum just to bash on me.

/rant

PS: Jokes with my username got old weeks ago.

Complex
03-14-2010, 01:54 PM
You sir just made one of the most brilliant posts I've ever seen.

That's the misconception: 99.98% of football fans hate the Pats because we started a dynasty. I'm pretty sure that if the Saints won 2 more SBs, everybody would start hating on them, regardless of the Katrina story.

Talk about homerism. If I was a homer, I wouldn't admit that my team has probably the worst defense on the league. I wouldn't admit that our QB got old and stale and it's starting to suck. I wouldn't admit that we made the playoffs on luck. Any regular user of this board could confirm that.

Tom Brady's off-field character? Alright, stop. Tom is the perfect story of a guy who won it big in his life. He was a nobody at college who had potential. A NFL team saw this potential, drafted him and made him a superstar. Plus, he's a leader.

I'm not going to waste my time discussing with some guy who probably registered on this forum just to bash on me.

/rant

PS: Jokes with my username got old weeks ago.

Started a dynasty by cheating and haven't won a SB since hmm..

RealityCheck
03-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Started a dynasty by cheating and haven't won a SB since hmm..
The whole spygate thing happened 3 years after we started the dynasty.

True, we never won a SB after that. Wait, we did, but yeah, one catch ruined it all.

Rosebud
03-14-2010, 01:58 PM
I highly doubt the giants trade up for anyone outside of Suh and McCoy, so unless one of them is on the board at 10 I don't see us trading up. McClain would be nice, but we if we want to go LB we can just sit tight and grab Spoon, or if we want a thumper we can grab Spikes in round 2 who isn't much different from McClain. Personally I want a first round DT and then Daryl Washington in round two, but that's not necessarily going to be what we do.

Edit:

True, we never won a SB after that. Wait, we did, but yeah, one catch ruined it all.

Dude, we beat you, get over it. You guys had a great year, but we were better that day and won. Would we win again if we played a re-match? Maybe not, but the thing is...you only get one shot at winning the superbowl game a year. If you **** up, let eli escape from 4 tacklers and then let Tyree catch a ball with his forehead, you don't get a re-match. Anyway that one catch wasn't what won the superbowl, our DL making Tom Brady want to go home did. You guys still got the ball back and chance to drive down for the win/tie, but you didn't. You really need to drop this, you lost whether you want to admit it or not.

RealityCheck
03-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Back on topic, yeah, I'd love for us to trade up and take Suh, but won't happen.

Goganious
03-14-2010, 02:05 PM
ah, questioning when I registered on this forum: the classic reply of a person who doesn't have any actual counter-arguments or legitimate points. You asked why people hated the Pats, but you clearly didn't ACTUALLY want to know, because I told you in plain english and you refuse to respond or accept any of my explanations because I "haven't been registered here long enough". I somehow fail to see how the length of time I've been registered on this forum (a year) has anything to do with the points I made. Thats okay, though, you used the classic workaround for that by insulting ME rather than responding to the things I actually SAID.

Here's a tip: If you don't want people to answer your questions, then don't ask them!

Here's another tip: If you're going to ask a question as loaded as "Why do people think the Pats are evil?", you probably shouldn't get so upset and bent out of shape when people answer you. The intent of my post was not to attack you personally, but simply to answer your question, which I did...quite effectively.

I will take your complete lack of thoughtful response to mean that you either accept my explanations or are in deep denial about your favorite team and are a poor debater. Thank you for your time, and Go Bruins!

Complex
03-14-2010, 02:09 PM

Rams superbowl didn't the pats tape their practice or something like ...

RealityCheck
03-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Rams superbowl didn't the pats tape their practice or something like ...
Hmm, not that I've heard of such thing.

Prowler
03-14-2010, 02:20 PM
spygate is over, coach was fined and the team lost a first rounder. nothing anybody says now matters. this has been debated a billion times in the proper threads.

i don't see any team really moving up to 10. sorry jacksonville fans.

Rosebud
03-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Hmm, not that I've heard of such thing.

It was definitely reported around the whole spygate thing. Don't know how much proof they had since the whole issue sort of lost momentum once the pats were punished.

Anyway this thread reminded me of this:
0EU1O-hGxgg

*disclaimer* I like Brady and have huge respect for Belly, just love this song.

Babylon
03-14-2010, 02:29 PM
spygate is over, coach was fined and the team lost a first rounder. nothing anybody says now matters. this has been debated a billion times in the proper threads.

i don't see any team really moving up to 10. sorry jacksonville fans.

I sort of agree with nobody moving up, usually if someone is interested in doing that it's for a QB and i personally dont think that highly of that group to be overpaying for them.

Some of your newer in charge guys like Holmgren or Carroll may try to get up into that top 10 area to make a splash but that would probably be about it.

Dam8610
03-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Wow, this thread got derailed fast, and by a topic that has been ridiculously rehashed: Delusional Pats fan claims either A) his team didn't cheat or B) even though his team did cheat, it's no big deal, and that fans of other teams are only "jealous" of the Pats success, while rational fans of other teams try to explain to delusional Pats fan why the fact that his team was proven to cheat during that run would make fans of other teams upset, only to have delusional Pats fan again claim that the only reason fans of other teams dislike the Pats is because they're "jealous". How do you people not understand that this is a neverending cycle? Please, stop feeding the troll.

Anyway, I desperately hope the Jaguars trade down for Tebow, that would be a HUGE step in the right direction for the Colts.

Complex
03-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Bills will probaly draft before the Jags do. I think the Jags asked their season ticket holders if they wanted Tebow to be a JAG and 60% said no.

Btw it was reported that the pats taped the Rams before the SB. I remember Marshal Faulk was pissed on NFL Totals Acess.

Prowler
03-14-2010, 03:00 PM
they said no to drafting him in the first round. it was a horribly phrased question.

TheSlinger
03-14-2010, 07:14 PM
I can't wait for everybody's reaction when the Jags pass up Tebow at every opportunity?

"Huh??? Didn't the Jaguars owner order the GM to draft Tebow or he's fired???"

Paranoidmoonduck
03-14-2010, 07:40 PM
I dont trust Tom Bradys freaky large forehead.

This is awesome.

3pac
03-14-2010, 07:43 PM

I'm a Colts fan, and yes, I'm biased. But you guys ARE the evil team. So are the Yankees, so are the Lakers, so is Duke, etc. That's just how it is. It's not only Colts fans that feel that way, it's the majority of fans.

Your coach is a grade A ass, your team is smug and runs up the score against opponents to pad stats, you won 3 times in 4 years and made the league more boring for it.... need I go on?

proshoota25
03-14-2010, 07:44 PM
this topic is about trading up, so lets stick to that people.

as in regards to the patriots trading up, i could see it for mcclain or kindle being the targets.

a haul of mclain/kindle, olsen, and say d. thomas (WR) would be pretty impressive

prock
03-14-2010, 07:50 PM
I ******* hate the Patriots. They are evil. I hate when other teams do better than mine. I ******* hate the Saints too. And the Colts.

RealityCheck
03-14-2010, 07:52 PM
I'm a Colts fan, and yes, I'm biased. But you guys ARE the evil team. So are the Yankees, so are the Lakers, so is Duke, etc. That's just how it is. It's not only Colts fans that feel that way, it's the majority of fans.

Your coach is a grade A ass, your team is smug and runs up the score against opponents to pad stats, you won 3 times in 4 years and made the league more boring for it.... need I go on?
Yeah. Look at you, an average at best team whose only pride is having a QB with good ad skills.

proshoota25
03-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Yeah. Look at you, an average at best team whose only pride is having a QB with good ad skills.

listen. we cheated. we got caught. we got punished. end of story.

3pac
03-14-2010, 07:55 PM

Before I thought you were just another arrogant Pats fan. Now I see you're just a troll. Good thing our average at best team has beaten you in 5 of our last 6 meetings, has won a more recent super bowl, and reached one this year after you got knocked out in the first round.

Your words are hollow. Try again.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
03-14-2010, 09:33 PM

Duke doesn't deserve to be evil.

the_dark_knight
03-14-2010, 10:28 PM

They cheat, they were caught cheating and they cheated on the game's biggest stage, the Patriots are a poor excuse for a dynasty.

the_dark_knight
03-14-2010, 10:32 PM
listen. we cheated. we got caught. we got punished. end of story.

I can't agree that's the end of the story, because you still hold those rings, which the NFL won't take away because it would tarnish the Super Bowl itself, but by not taking them away, it tarnishes it as well. Ever since the fumble, I mean, tuck rule, I've hated the Patriots. Any team that has the refs obviously in their pockets is trash to me, and it's not even really their fault, I mean the cheating, yes, but the fact that the balls bounce their way isn't their fault, just makes me hate them.

wogitalia
03-15-2010, 03:01 AM

I agree with you... All people do think you're team is evil for a reason.

Though I would use many people, not all.

I quite like the Pats but if you can't see why people dislike your team or think you are either you are being a delusional idiot. Simple fact is you cheated. You have some of the more unlikable players in the league, be it Brady because he is too "perfect", Harrison because he is "dirty" or Moss because he dogged it for other teams or a few others. Then there is Belichek, whilst I love his don't take **** from anyone hate the world persona thing I can certainly see why others wouldn't like him one bit. Plus, there is the constantly raping the sadder franchises in trades, the way you guys have victimised them over the recent years also is just not that likable.

As for the topic, I can't see where the trade down comes from unless one of the QBs fall and even then I wonder if teams trade up given that those that are looking at QB are picking after 10 anyway and if either or both get there then they got past those teams likely to take them.