PDA

View Full Version : Quinn to the Broncos

eagles6606
03-14-2010, 09:12 PM
If you guys didn't hear, Brady Quinn was traded to the Broncos for Peyton Hillis and a 6th round pick. Quinn will now compete with Orton the be the starter and the Browns have Delhome, Wallace, and Ratliff to compete for the starting QB spot. In my opinion, this means the Broncos won't take a QB with the 11th pick. I also think the Browns will target Clausen or Bradford with the 7th pick. Delhome could be the bridge QB to whichever QB falls to the Browns. What are other peoples opinions about how this will effect the Broncos and Browns draft plans?

LetsGoGiants!
03-14-2010, 09:27 PM
Its most likely that the Broncos will take Rolando now :(

ALP1987
03-14-2010, 09:45 PM
Already a thread in the "Pro Football" section.

LetsGoGiants!
03-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Already a thread in the "Pro Football" section.

I believe that he's asking how it will effect the draft. Not that it happened.

RaiderNation
03-14-2010, 10:11 PM
I think that now with Wimbley gone to that the Browns will take a OLB like JPP with the 6th. Also there is still a chance that Eric Berry could slip depending on what KC and Seattle do. As for the Broncos I think its pretty safe to say they are going ILB or dline. McClain will probably be the best value but theres a chance that maybe Williams or Cody could be the pick

LookItsAlDavis
03-14-2010, 10:22 PM
It all depends on what St. Louis does. If they go with one of the tackles, I can see Cleveland making a play for Bradford. If the Rams go with Bradford, I believe the Browns will go best player available, so either JPP, Berry, or Bryant, and picking up a guy like Colt McCoy or Tony Pike on the second day. I can't see them going after Clausen, I don't think he has the accuracy that Holmgren is looking for.

I doubt the Bronco's plans have changed much. They'll still be looking for front seven help on defense, and size on the o-line. McClain or Dan Williams look like the best options for them, or possibly trading down and taking a guy like Iupati or Pouncey.

gpngc
03-14-2010, 10:24 PM
For some reason Clayton is on ESPN talking about how the Browns are 100% looking for a QB in the first round.

He states it like it's a fact which is very weird because it's the middle of March and how would he come across that intel?

hagy34
03-15-2010, 12:16 AM
For some reason Clayton is on ESPN talking about how the Browns are 100% looking for a QB in the first round.

He states it like it's a fact which is very weird because it's the middle of March and how would he come across that intel?

Clayton is probably guessing. They are in serious of need of a QB now though. Delhomme and Wallace are just awful options. It says something when a Viking fan hates the thought of Delhomme and Wallace taking snaps.

Timbathia
03-15-2010, 12:42 AM
I think that now with Wimbley gone to that the Browns will take a OLB like JPP with the 6th. Also there is still a chance that Eric Berry could slip depending on what KC and Seattle do. As for the Broncos I think its pretty safe to say they are going ILB or dline. McClain will probably be the best value but theres a chance that maybe Williams or Cody could be the pick

ILB is certainly a big need, however, with the recent d-line signings I think that the entire interior o-line is a much bigger priority for the Broncos.

Me Likey Rookies
03-15-2010, 01:07 AM
McClain or Iupati at 11? Too high for Iupati?

LetsGoGiants!
03-15-2010, 02:07 AM
The Browns are probably going to do what the Jets did last year and move up to get either Bradford or Clausen, I don't think they mind what one and use Delhome as a mentor and example for their new QB. Have him sit out for a season and learn is the better way then throwing him right out there.

Jimmy
03-15-2010, 08:18 AM
McClain or Iupati at 11? Too high for Iupati?

I don't think so. I don't care that he's a guard, he's going to be a pro-bowler.

LizardState
03-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Before this happened all the mockers & pundits had Cleveland going WR b/c they traded their best one to the Jets during the season.

Now erase WR & substitute QB for the Browns in their mocks.... funny how that works out.

Holmgren is still a master & rebuilding a team & that's why they brought him in that mismanaged disaster called the Browns. He did it in Seattle & got them to the Big Show.....

Looking at the big picture I think he will do just that as much as possible with this draft, starting at QB in the 1st, so the question becomes will he bend to the media pressure to take Clausen? They did that once their with GM Savage taking hometown ND hero Quinn, now he's gone. I think he won't & finally put an end to the Couch syndrome in Cleveland, so then the question revolves around Bradford's twice-injured shoulder.

Savage traded too much, moving up for Bradford is more instability IMO & Holmgren is all about stabilizing & base-lining the franchise, Bradford isn't worth trading up for & after all their wheeling & dealing the last draft(s) they should stick to their prime 7th pick slot -- I agree they'll go B [Defensive] PA in the 1st & pick up a rookie QB to groom as mentioned in the 2nd.

LookItsAlDavis
03-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Exactly. If Bradford were to fall to seven however, I highly doubt they would pass on him. I don't think he's getting past the Redskins though.

I_C_DeadPeople
03-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Now erase WR & substitute QB for the Browns in their mocks.... funny how that works out.

Holmgren is still a master & rebuilding a team & that's why they brought him in that mismanaged disaster called the Browns. He did it in Seattle & got them to the Big Show.....

Correct me if I am wrong but Seattle only started looking good once Holmgren stepped down as GM and stuck to coaching. I think they brought in Russet(sp) who is now with the Bears. And paying $7M for a piece of crap like Jake Delhomme is hardly a 'master' stroke.