PDA

View Full Version : Demarcus Granger, DT, Oklahoma

nofalcons10
03-15-2010, 08:29 AM
measured in at 6'1 320 at OU's pro day and put up 32 reps on the bench press.

was once considered a first rounder before stealing a jacket in 2007 and before having back surgery. is very powerfully build and quick for his size. used to be a good penetrator vs. the run.

don't know if he gets drafted or not but just thought that i'd devote a thread to him for anyone looking at DT prospects like i am.

the_dark_knight
03-15-2010, 08:47 AM
He's very interesting to me and I'm curious to are where he goes. I think he's got the ability to become a starter in the pros

Jimmy
03-15-2010, 09:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtXBIRVmEnk

He's a high risk guy and i don't really think he will get picked up unless he's an udfa

GoRavens
03-15-2010, 09:25 AM
that was a ******** flag.. it was a false start on the offense, and he banged his man. that's what you get coached to do..
I like Granger, he's one of those prospects who will be way better in the pros than in college. He needs a lot more coaching, but teams are always drafting high risk/high reward guys in the pros.
I could see him going as high as round 5 to a team that falls in love with his potential.

Clarkw267
03-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Granger is a very talented guy who could end up being a steal for someone late. Definitely has the talent to start in the NFL, just has had some set backs in college.

RaiderNation
03-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Id take a chance on him in the 6th or 7th. He is a guy you want to bring into camp with that type of size

Grizzlegom
03-15-2010, 02:22 PM
off-field and injury issues likely will see him as a Priority Free Agent. Has potential to be a NT in either scheme so I could see any number of teams giving him a look though.

FUNBUNCHER
03-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Big time prep recruit for OU. Hope he can play NT.

Nard_Dog
03-15-2010, 03:45 PM
I doubt he'll be selected at all. Reminds me a little of Chris Baker, both have talent but have been gone undrafted due to some off the fields issue.

thadoniousmonk
03-15-2010, 10:45 PM
hopefully the Raiders will pick him up in the late rounds, you know Al doesn't have a problem with character issues

K Train
03-16-2010, 12:05 AM
that was a bullsh*t flag.. it was a false start on the offense, and he banged his man. that's what you get coached to do..
I like Granger, he's one of those prospects who will be way better in the pros than in college. He needs a lot more coaching, but teams are always drafting high risk/high reward guys in the pros.
I could see him going as high as round 5 to a team that falls in love with his potential.

yeah this^

Scotty D
03-16-2010, 02:12 AM
Didn't he used to get mocked in the first?

BeerBaron
03-16-2010, 02:21 AM
6'1 320 with good strength would make him a very intriguing true 3-4 NT prospect. Even with the issues around him, guys like that are hard to find and I think he could very well get drafted for a reason like that.

I saw the 5th round mentioned above somewhere, and i think that would be a reasonable range to a 3-4 team with an aging NT who doesn't get one sooner in the draft and has the patience to coach him up for a little while.

IndyColtScout
03-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Didn't he used to get mocked in the first?

Yep way back when. They used to have him in front of McCoy. He was going to be an all pro kind of prospect. Then there was his spotty play and then the red flags.

A team will take a chance on him and he will most likely make a team. I don't know if he gets drafted though, I like the Baker comparison. If I were a GM I might take a chance because a lot of teams cut those low round guys anyways.

energizerbunny
03-16-2010, 10:50 PM
He reminds me alot of another OU DT who had alot of baggage (and alot of talent) , Dusty Dvorcek.

I think like Dusty, Demarcus will ultimately had his character issues forgotten when his emmense talent outweights the risk. I could see him in that 5-7 range.

keylime_5
03-16-2010, 11:19 PM
He was a top 15 pick in Todd McShay's 2009 mock draft in late december/early january last year, so he has that going for him.

wogitalia
03-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Wouldn't be a bad guy as the long term replacement for Pat Williams with the Vikes. Though I still prefer the idea of Dan Williams continuing the Williams Wall thing, but I think as a player purely, Granger is every bit the prospect, it is just all his red flags that change his grade a considerable amount.

J-Mike88
03-17-2010, 05:20 PM
I see the Cowboys taking him in round 5 as a stronger complement to the speedy Jay Ratliff. I don't think the Dallas GM is afraid of a character risk on a talented youngster.